Help: Into the Volcano Mission

Apollo Galactic

Hatchling
Hi their, hopeing someone can help with this, i have found the robot excivator machine for this mission but can not operate, obviously missing something obvious has anyone any ideas as to what im doing wrong,

hope you can help

Apollo Glactic Jones

I'm also having trouble with this - Have found the machine, but when I click on it, nothing happens- it semi-walks me into the graphic of the machine, but it doesn't update the "find the machine" section of mission.

From looking at the pics in the wiki entry, I see that I don't have a "Computer" in my Quest/Mission Items section.
Does this appear after you've "found the machine" or does Book give it to you ? Because I've flown back to him, Abandon'd and retaken the quest and there is still no Computer in my missionlog.

Any help would be appreciated.

Anybody know ? Is it possibly bugged ?

I have the same problem.. dont get any computer and doesnt update that i found the machine.
What to do. I will try to do the "collect robotparts" missions first and see if that helps.

Now im done with the "collect robot part" misson, but still no computer to use in this misson "Into the volcano"
dont know why.
/Vitus

Now im done with the "collect robot part" misson, but still no computer to use in this misson "Into the volcano"
dont know why.
/Vitus

Have you done the "scan the robot soil samples" mission?

Yes, I've done everything prior to this particular mission in the chain.

I'm also having trouble with this - Have found the machine, but when I click on it, nothing happens- it semi-walks me into the graphic of the machine, but it doesn't update the "find the machine" section of mission.

From looking at the pics in the wiki entry, I see that I don't have a "Computer" in my Quest/Mission Items section.
Does this appear after you've "found the machine" or does Book give it to you ? Because I've flown back to him, Abandon'd and retaken the quest and there is still no Computer in my missionlog.

I don't remember any computer doing *this* mission (rather, I think it was related to some earlier mission - adjust sensors maybe given at the uniersity of valhalla camp?).

If avatar is moving when you click the machine, try turning "Move to target when interacting" off and then move as close to machine as possible, and then click machine again.

Well, in the wiki explanation, there is a "computer" in his Mission/Quest Items area of the mission log. Mine is blank in that area.

Same for me. done all the missions that he offers at East Scylla.
"Soil Samples" and all.

But its intresting that i found 2 sensors in the vulcano area that i dont
think i have done anything with yet. So it can be one more mission prior to this
that i havent done.
Thanks for the tip aia, will take a look at this Valhalla camp if i can find it.
/Vitus

I've also done all the Anna Bjorkdottir missions from the Valhalla camp ( 79637 x 68372, Berg ), so it can't be that.

Any news about this mission? Did you manage to get it done? Me and my friend are trying to do it and are having the same problem as you. We found the machine but cannot interact with it, and we do not have the computer under quest/mission items. Tried abandoning and retaking the quest aswell as clicking the shit out of that machine in the volcano, but to no avail.

I made a support case about this on december 11 and got an answer 2 days later. Apparently they have no idea of why it doesn't work since they gave me the standard answer, "-Thank you, I have forwarded the issue bla,bla. Please stay tuned for VU and content updates etc."

Apparently no fix yet :(

I made a support case about this on december 11 and got an answer 2 days later. Apparently they have no idea of why it doesn't work since they gave me the standard answer, "-Thank you, I have forwarded the issue bla,bla. Please stay tuned for VU and content updates etc."

Apparently no fix yet :(

An idea about bug that could have happen, just a wild guess:
Maybe all missions that are triggered by arrival to an area is bugged?

Has anyone recently done a mission where something happened when you arrived at an area?
(Someone I met said he couldn't finish "find waterholes" mission or arrival to the Goki wave area, noone dies when entering middle island - does anyone even get the warning message?), and hunt aetherex on the hills doesn't currently work.
Wave events seems to work, but (just curious) do you get a count-up for the "Kill daikiba" for daikibas killed there? (Now I mean the specific "kill daikiba in bulls pen" area mission, not some general hunting mission like the iron mission or "kill'em'all").

Next time anyone of you, who hasn't done the vaccine missions, pops by the middle island, can you just check if you get some kind of warning message, or if nothing at all happens when getting ashore there.

An idea about bug that could have happen, just a wild guess:
Maybe all missions that are triggered by arrival to an area is bugged?

Has anyone recently done a mission where something happened when you arrived at an area?
(Someone I met said he couldn't finish "find waterholes" mission or arrival to the Goki wave area, noone dies when entering middle island - does anyone even get the warning message?), and hunt aetherex on the hills doesn't currently work.
Wave events seems to work, but (just curious) do you get a count-up for the "Kill daikiba" for daikibas killed there? (Now I mean the specific "kill daikiba in bulls pen" area mission, not some general hunting mission like the iron mission or "kill'em'all").

Next time anyone of you, who hasn't done the vaccine missions, pops by the middle island, can you just check if you get some kind of warning message, or if nothing at all happens when getting ashore there.

The Daikiba on the plains mission still works, or at least worked, I could complete it at the time when waterholes were already bugged. But daikiba are also the only case where the kill area is the same as a wave area, so maybe that is why it works.

Clear the area from Fujiko Takida is also broken, kills are not registering inside the area.

into the volcano bug

Sent support concerning the machine that doesn't work
Here is the response
2012-02-01 21:11 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

Thank you for your report. This is a known issue and the members of the design team are currently working on a solution. Please rest assured that a fix will be implemented as soon as possible.

Kindly accept our apologies for the inconvenience this causes you and stay tuned to the News and Release Notes sections on the website and Client Loader for further information and developments.

Kind regards,
George | Planet Calypso Support

Fun Fact: It's been about 8 years since this issue is known. I have just started that mission chain and wanted to complete it but faced exactly the same bug.

What should I do? I got so irritated that I actually turned off computer I asked myself why do I really play this buggy 15 years old pre-alpha stage MMO.

An now I'm even more frustrated knowing that this bug is 8 years old.

Fun Fact: It's been about 8 years since this issue is known. I have just started that mission chain and wanted to complete it but faced exactly the same bug.

What should I do? I got so irritated that I actually turned off computer I asked myself why do I really play this buggy 15 years old pre-alpha stage MMO.

An now I'm even more frustrated knowing that this bug is 8 years old.

Today I also tried the same mission and the result is same. Its not working.

I did this mission in a few days last year and had no problems at all.

EDIT : Oops wrong mission nvm

Today I also tried the same mission and the result is same. Its not working.

I'm also having this issue. I'm running around the Robot Extraction Machine, trying to interact with it, but it's not completing the quest step "Find the machine".

:( :confused:

Update: It worked for me now and I was able to complete the mission. I don't know if something was fixed, but what I did differently this time is that I approached the machine at the center of the volcano from a different direction, coming from the door to Cyclops Depths.

Last edited:
Back