Entropedia no longer logged in

SnowLeopard

Stalker
Society
Guess Who
Gray SnowLeopard Felix
It used to be that I was always logged in to Entropedia except if I explicitly logged out (just like this forum).
Now, I have to login every time I visit (unlike this forum).
Can it be put back to the way it was please?

Try deleting the cookie.

I'm still having this issue despite deleting all entropedia related cookies (e.g. ALName & ALPassword) dozens of times. I keep having to log back in again after every 10-15 minutes of inactivity. Problem occurs regardless if I use IE or Chrome for the browser.

It used to work just fine and then suddenly stopped working about 6 months or so ago.

First check the obvious ..
Do you have the 'automatic login' box checked under Name/Password on the Account Page?

I'm still having this issue despite deleting all entropedia related cookies (e.g. ALName & ALPassword) dozens of times. I keep having to log back in again after every 10-15 minutes of inactivity. Problem occurs regardless if I use IE or Chrome for the browser.

It used to work just fine and then suddenly stopped working about 6 months or so ago.

Happened to me recently. In one of the latest updates of firefox, the default setting is to delete cookies when the window is closed.

First check the obvious ..
Do you have the 'automatic login' box checked under Name/Password on the Account Page?

Yes, it's most definitely checked.

Happened to me recently. In one of the latest updates of firefox, the default setting is to delete cookies when the window is closed.

I don't close the window. For example, when hunting a mob, I will open up the page for that mob so that I can update the loot info as I hunt. In many cases I hunt for an hour or more and 90% of the various looted items appear in loot within the first couple dozen kills. Then I may not get anything new in the loot for a while (e.g. 30 min). When I go to update the loot for that new item, the session has already timed out and I can't update the loot until I re-login again manually even though I didn't log out or close the page.

My Chrome cookie setting is "Allow local data to be set (recommended)" and NOT the one to clear cookie data when the browser is closed.

Ah, can't help you with Chrome, I've never used it, only Firefox.

If I've not used an Entropedia page for 10-15min, I'll need to refresh it before I can add/edit, but it certainly doesn't log me out.

Ah, can't help you with Chrome, I've never used it, only Firefox.

If I've not used an Entropedia page for 10-15min, I'll need to refresh it before I can add/edit, but it certainly doesn't log me out.

You have to refresh the page because your session timed-out. But because Automatic Login is working for you, it renews your session (e.g. logs you back on again behind the scenes). But when I refresh the page, I can see that I'm no longer logged in by looking at the upper right corner. It'll change from "Logged in as Deeveon" to "Login/Register Account".

I don't think it's a browser specific issue as the same thing happens with Internet Explorer. I'll download FireFox and try that.

Edit: Same thing happens with Firefox as well.

Last edited:
Oh, that thing with entropedia. I dunno about that one, but yes it does time out on me too. Usually I have type in what I'm searching for twice, the first time after a long idle it reloads the page.

Back