Starfinder XIV (U) :: Not listed in Entropedia

Shard-Angel

Prowler
Society
Project Entropia
Vehshi Rogue Shard-Angel
An interesting find on the AH today - which has no data on Entropedia:

starfinder_xiv.jpg

You want a listing for every single one of the 70-odd privateers put on Entropedia ?

There is one already for the Vega Class Privateer. Surely that's enough.

ps login in entropedia and insert the necessary data, et voila!

ps login in entropedia and insert the necessary data, et voila!

Agreed... I find myself always entering shit into entropedia because nobody else does it. More people need to input information into the wiki for it to be useful.

~Danimal

Agreed... I find myself always entering shit into entropedia because nobody else does it. More people need to input information into the wiki for it to be useful.

~Danimal

Entropedia is widely used by players - stats show 14228 unique users last month.

While I agree that more people need to contribute to keeping it updated, the information added has to be useful.

I'm not so sure that listing each of the 70-odd Privateers separately by name, instead of a single entry for the class of vehicle, is all that useful.

Entropedia is widely used by players - stats show 14228 unique users last month.

While I agree that more people need to contribute to keeping it updated, the information added has to be useful.

I'm not so sure that listing each of the 70-odd Privateers separately by name, instead of a single entry for the class of vehicle, is all that useful.

No, you completely miss my point. I don't care how many users are online last month or now for that website... the point is do they contribute? I waited 3 days before adding the sand king discoveries to see if anybody else would do it... I ended up doing it. Point is not enough people UPDATE the site but more people USE it if anything, then they complain when it's not up to date and wonder why it's not.

~Danimal

Maybe talk Planet Partners in to updating it? They change stuff all the time making keeping it up to date a major pain. Would be much, much more productive time of the employee's use than killing depositing participants in space...

No, you completely miss my point. I don't care how many users are online last month or now for that website... the point is do they contribute? I waited 3 days before adding the sand king discoveries to see if anybody else would do it... I ended up doing it. Point is not enough people UPDATE the site but more people USE it if anything, then they complain when it's not up to date and wonder why it's not.

~Danimal

And you completely missed my point too, which was that cluttering the database with multiple entries for the same item (which is essentially what the OP is suggesting) is not a useful addition to the wiki.

Sure there's some days when I feel like I'm the only one who does any updates too :laugh: But then I check the Latest Updates page and find that that's not actually true. It's just the entries that HAVE been updated are not the particular ones I'm looking at.

And you completely missed my point too, which was that cluttering the database with multiple entries for the same item (which is essentially what the OP is suggesting) is not a useful addition to the wiki.QUOTE]

No I understood that part the first time you said it. It's why I haven't udated the list with the other motherships ;) The only way I could see this useful is if they upgraded their SI about 5-8 times or something to the point where the stats are completley different from the one that is already listed on there.

~Danimal

I agree
Currently there isn't much of a point to do it
Useful information that would be interesting to know is just total number of the Vega Class ships and different SI on some of them.

I agree
Currently there isn't much of a point to do it
Useful information that would be interesting to know is just total number of the Vega Class ships and different SI on some of them.

Easy, run around and count all the hangars. There's one hangar for every privateer, and the hangars are all fixed in their spot, unlike the ships :D
The only way you'll find out the SI on an individual privateer is to view the ship's deed... and by tomorrow that could be a very different number, as SI can be increased at any time.

So while interesting, it's not a useful piece of data to try to maintain in a wiki.

If you really want to try to track this, you might consider creating a thread here (and/or on EF) and maintaining that, but as Few Scars got little response from owners to even listing the owners of the ships by name, you might also find the owners not so inclined to share their ship SI either.

Back