FRAPS to YouTube without loosing quality - HOW?

AxeMurderer

Elite
Wand AxeMurderer Silva
I record with FRAPS the game looks great, the AVI that FRAPS makes look great, but when I upload it to Youtube it is crap.

This video is with Action! but I get the same problem there.

No mather if I upload the raw file 500 MB or compres it in all kind of diferent types.
How to do it without loosing quality so much?
I play on 1680x1050x16 Very Hight settings. Use FRAPS to record it.
Then what should I do to upload it to Youtube with the best posible quality?

Couple of stupid questions.

First, I checked the video on YouTube and it looks fine when I view it at 720p. There are a few factors to determine the overall quality (resolution) of your video. First, what resolution are you playing? If you're not playing at 1080, and if your desktop resolution doesn't go that big, you won't go beyond 720p.

Second, in FRAPS when you record, are you on full mode (not half)?

Also, after uploading to YouTube, it takes some time before all viewing resolutions are set. If you immediately look at your video after upload you will only have 240/360/480 as options. As YT renders, the higher resolutions later become available to viewers.

Get as close to a valid HD parameter set as possible. Ideally 1920x1080, if your rig won't do that then 1280x720. That'll help reduce aspect error stretching or cutting when youtube transcodes it.

32 bit color instead of 16 may help also.

What frame rate are you getting during record?

@Cryte there is eror in teh video even on the 2-3 seconds from the begining. look closer. even on 720p.

in FRAPS im recording in FULL size.
I know it takes time in youtube to get to the real quality but even after waiting the quality is bad.

@AlphaGeek

I will try 32 bit color.

Back