Any Strange signal yet?

Couldn't you gain beacons from mining? I think it was something about finding a robot spaceship, and it goes into global chat...

Couldn't you gain beacons from mining? I think it was something about finding a robot spaceship, and it goes into global chat...

Yeah that's how it used to look, check post #24....

How many old systems were reimplemented the same way they were before? I can't think of any (except for simplest ones like shooting a gun)
So can we really expect finding beacons by mining to be the same as the old system? I'll bet it's been dumbed down -- there won't be any bots guarding a spaceship, there won't be a button to press (which was hard the first time!), and there will be ZERO risk of the robot ship being stolen by someone else (which is probably what used to give me the biggest rush -- the risk of losing it)!

I hope other people wont be able to loot those beacons, unlike before...

sorry i am not uber or experience miner. Just silly question If u all talk abt strange signal. dont u mean by try mining alot if one red dot show up on radar could be same as mining claim dot as strange signal as red dot on radar? just curious. if i am deaf how can i hear the sound. it make me wonder. that all...

I came to caly to claim my gifts and maybe do a little mining in hopes of looting a beacon. I guess i'm going back to ark.

Mine in areas where there are robot ships flying above.

I think the same whne i see them...
Spend 7 level 8 around 60% return :D
Spacecraft maybe next time :D

Are you saying beacon finds is limited to these areas? and is it a space ship "strange signal" still, and not just ops I found a beacon in my loot window?

oh i see...that odd. i dont see them that much. hey did anyone see robot ships fly above randoms roam around everywhere? or am i mistake?

Are you saying beacon finds is limited to these areas? and is it a space ship "strange signal" still, and not just ops I found a beacon in my loot window?

Good question hehe

Yes it is limited to those areas and they will just pop up in your loot window.

let's all go mine in circles in same area! it will be so fun lol

oh i see...that odd. i dont see them that much. hey did anyone see robot ships fly above randoms roam around everywhere? or am i mistake?

- E of Billy's Spaceship Afterworld.
- SW of Tukar.
- N of Jason

Maybe some other places...

I hope you have improved the drop rate, at least now in the start that they are new :silly2:

beacons going to be looted on other planets?

beacons going to be looted on other planets?

They said beacons are Calypso only... other planet partners will be able to make their own types of beacons in the future though

Is that temporary problem? :scratch2: Or old system will never come back? :(
I mean - Strange signal at any place on Calypso -> Robot Spacecraft with robots, defending it -> press button to loot it etc...

If not, I'm wondering why it took around 2.5 years, to "return" it back in way more worst and primitive way. :(

Is that temporary problem? :scratch2: Or old system will never come back? :(
I mean - Strange signal at any place on Calypso -> Robot Spacecraft with robots, defending it -> press button to loot it etc...

If not, I'm wondering why it took around 2.5 years, to "return" it back in way more worst and primitive way. :(
I'm guessing the time consuming part of bringing back beacons was not in the delivery system of the beacon itself but rather the actual mission/instance part that happens when you activate the beacon.

Im glad it will only pop in loot window.
I was afraid of warriors guarding strange signal devices.

few days ago i found a 23 ped beacon on the ground in the crater north of phoenix, robot area....
needed to pick it up, so didnt just appear in lootwindow.

few days ago i found a 23 ped beacon on the ground in the crater north of phoenix, robot area....

Maybe they mixed up how we loot them and they can be found like dung now?:laugh:

Seriously...do you guys have special meetings trying to come up with new ways to fuck up old systems that people liked and worked fine? Is there a special prize at the christmas party for the person that comes up with the dumbest idea of the year??

So in the end this pretty much turned out to be looted by hunters... if they bother carrying some probes with them on their drone hunting runs.
Not very miner-friendly environments those areas.

If
How come?
Someone just dropped a beacon in crater?

Anyway, no more strange signal, that is a shame :( I just hope you bring it back anytime soon!?

..it must have been close to the Christmas party and the person with this idea obviously knew the level of his competition this year..

so, I don't yet know where the spaceships (on Caly) are. Can someone put up some coords of directly below them and we can then play a game of: Any Strange signal yet ... at a range above x metres away from those coords?

Then we will start to have an idea of the current range of robot carelessness....

EDit: Nighthawk has so far reported the general areas:
- E of Billy's Spaceship Afterworld.
- SW of Tukar.
- N of Jason

Last edited:
What's worse than no signal/spaceship is that you have to mine in bot infested areas to find a beacon. And this is after finding out that beacons probably won't even be worth what they used to be worth.

Back