Missing Loot from Hof. MA Logs show nothing.

wow.. i never thought you would get it o_O

glad mindark found the error and corrected it ^^
but... this makes me wonder... i have been afk crafting like 50 hours minimum this week, have all my loot been correctly added to my account.... ? ><

Im happy with MA's final response on this, they didnt catch there mistake right away but when they did they corrected it accordingly :).

Best regards
Zweshi

Gratz for the HoF again, Jack. Now you can enjoy it all. ;)
Looks like the support finally did their job. Better late than never. Some explanations would be nice but I guess they can't comment loot system in details. We can only hope that it was a temporary glitch/bug and won't happen again...

Indeed. I'm glad for Jack he got his loot, but I do think some explanation of how it happened, how often it has happened, and some reassurance that it can't happen again is necessary now.

has this made anyone wonder if they are missing some loot on everyday things... u get 10pedder which was actually 40pedder and so on.. u never know.. MA logs that they paid u 40ped all tho u were left with 10ped.. would explain my own shit streaks clearly

This :wise: is the queue I am joining.

Gratz to the OP!

But... :eyecrazy:

This is some scary stuff. I would really like to see what went wrong here and if it could affect others... and, how and if it is fixed.

The only possible RIGHT outcome, gratz man !!
Still wonder if stuff like this happens more often though.

... some explanation of how it happened, how often it has happened, and some reassurance that it can't happen again is necessary now.

Indeed...

"has this made anyone wonder if they are missing some loot on everyday things... u get 10pedder which was actually 40pedder and so on.. u never know.. MA logs that they paid u 40ped all tho u were left with 10ped.. would explain my own shit streaks clearly" tyk

Now more than 8000 views to this thread, where is the MA explanation... (And it better be a better one than the "shooting the cousin-kneecap"-story)

16000ped missing, 8000+views-thread and we all have a happy ending. That is awesome...

But what if it had (or, has) been 1600ped or 160ped or even 16ped missing... Would it have been the same story?

MA certainly has some explanation to do...

Great to see a proper solution to this individual case!

tyk: you have it the wrong way round - you may be told you have got a 40 pedder when looking in the loot window, but the log (and inventory) only actually registers some of it... - this is what we (and MA) now need to investigate...

Obviously the first support answer didn't list all the loots, but it would be interesting to find out what exactly it did register on that particular crafting click.
The devs should be looking at this as a clear instance of a discrepancy. Also important is where the two programming paths separate that generate the visual and chat log info, and what goes into the inventory and log!

As mentioned earlier, I believe I had a very low-ped case of this the other day, but I could easily fake a screenshot of what it looks like, so I didn't actually bother. (edit: ..to take a screenie of it.)
Question for devs, or those in the know: how easy is it for investigators to search the loot logs for fairly unique values, such as 3714 welding wire crafted, followed a few clicks later by 1564 welding wire (figures made up here)? Do failures also get listed, so that an exact numerical order of clicks can be checked if necessary?
It seems that this is the depth of interrogation that is required to analyse this hiccup/glitch in the system.

It has now been seen to have happened once, therefore it IS in the system (and people have suspected it with smaller stuff for a while too).

Ultimately, the program tracking needs to find out whether the loot pool also thought it had 'paid out' or not, and move on from there... I realise it is internal and non-public stuff that needs to be done, but a message: 'we have read this and passed it on to be looked at' would be a nice act that is in no way part of 'dealing' with the matter itself, which only happens through support... etc

ty

Very nice end of the story!

I think we just started. MA basiclay confirmed 2 things.

1. Support don't know nothing and can't be treated as source of reliable info, even in particular special case wchich support was carefully investigating

....no ide for solutions for that. shall we make multiple suport cases each time ? and take average outcoma as most probable ? thats silly !!!! In some normal companies support guy who made such false statement and proved by that , that he didnt investigate anything just lied to customer would be fired next day.

2. Something is/was wrong with loot system and not only by this case but lately changes with loot tables for mobs we can be sure that smth was changed/altered

....so i am asking what and how? why we haven't been notified ? We buying deeds, bit of informing investors about what MA changed in basic factor would be nice !!!!

Indeed. I'm glad for Jack he got his loot, but I do think some explanation of how it happened, how often it has happened, and some reassurance that it can't happen again is necessary now.

Ditto. I had no doubt that it had happened.

I'm very happy things were finally made right Jack. I'm sure that other cases will be taken care of.

I do have one question for MA though. It looks like support only paid him his peds after a screenshot was provided. Is that the case? We all realize things happen but I need to know what I need to do to be able to make a claim if something is missing? Screenshots alone in the past haven't worked. It seems there was an over-whelming amount of evidence in this case, tracker, chat logs from several people and finally a screen shot. Please let us know what we need to do in the future when you let us know what happened. Thanks.

Again I'm very happy this got resolved for him and thanks again to LuckyCharm for the screenshot :)

...tracking needs to find out whether the loot pool also thought it had 'paid out' or not, ...

That's the part that worries me. I would hate for the system to "balance out" non-existent loot, or fail to drop a "balancing global", because it "thinks" I have made better returns than it delivered.

As a one time great politician once said "Please Explain"

since my support case was still open, I did ask for an explanation of how this happened, not only for my own peace of mind, for that of the community also.

since my support case was still open, I did ask for an explanation of how this happened, not only for my own peace of mind, for that of the community also.

That is exactly what we need now, and explanation how this was possible to happen. They also need to make sure that this will never happen again.:mad::mad:

Finally the outcome I expected. Many thanks to the community for helping with evidence (screenshots), and also for being behind me on this serious matter

Looks like, screenshot or it didn´t happen for MA!

So people always ever do screenshots on HoFs and Globals, if anything is missing you need that screenshot for MA support!

Good job Jack, you did right in fighting for your rights!

Wow this whole situation seems screwed up! MA has some explaining to do (which they won't).

Glad you got your loot but.......makes me wonder.:scratch2:

I'd hope MA are now scouring their code and logs to find out when this started, and check any Crafting Hofs over 10k since then.

I'd hope MA are now scouring their code and logs to find out when this started, and check any Crafting Hofs over 10k since then.

you actually believe they would do this?:laugh:

you actually believe they would do this?:laugh:

You know, that error can be bi-directional. So I am sure that they very interested in it.

Whether or not this issue ends in tears or fears, I think it would be prudent to report this to authorities.

I hope the majority of us are of the opinion that MindArk should be held accountable for their actions - even though they currently held themselves unaccountable. This case could be large enough (monetary value) to make this happen.

I believe it shouldn't have to be more complicated than reporting the case to the police and let them take it from there.

Gratz to the OP for getting it resolved.

This entire incidence shakes up my belief in MA. I'm always the one to snap at people for hyping up the "rigged game" comments, or whatever, but this is so far out of line I might have to retract some of my comments.

First, the fact this can happen is scary as hell. As has been noted, how many others who weren't huge globals might have gotten half loots? Even scarier is MA's original, and completely inappropriate response. If this thread and the supporting evidence from the community didn't exist would it be fixed at all?

Kim, if you're reading this thread still, I would deeply implore you to discuss with MA about them coming forward with a satisfactory explanation regarding the issue, not just a canned apology. I know that you, yourself aren't responsible, and you sometimes get stuck with these issues. Trust me that the community respects you and your presence here as a conduit, I apologize for the brunt of the issues you are forced to weather.

In the end, the EU community deals with a lot of issues, and albeit complains at times, copes with them in the end and voices with their money. It's one thing to believe you're on a bad run and just unlucky with loots, but something like this is going to cause people to lose faith and trust, without those cornerstones to mark the stability of the community, deposits and overall play is going to suffer drastically.

Like it or not, unofficial forums and other web tools are the new reality, and the official medium for people to gather their information, especially in a game like EU where so many things aren't transparent to the end users. Threads like this need to be resolved, and properly.

I really hope this all irons out and we get a good explanation, as I love EU dearly, but for right now I'm honestly having doubts about playing.

i think there is slip ups in the loot system. reminds me a few years ago someone had a couple hundred ped hof in chat but actually received little over 30k.

its hard to put faith in the system, specially if it can work the bad way against the customer as in this case

What is happening with my favourite game ??????

flushing-toilet-water-photo.jpg

Thank you MA for such a great example of "shooting yourself in the foot"... (Or "shooting cousins kneecap":))...

I used to play Entropia... then I took an arrow to the knee. :tongue2:

Back