Missing Loot from Hof. MA Logs show nothing.

I have spoken with the developers who investigated this issue, and can report the following:

The situation where this bug could possibly occur was very unique, and only affected certain rare loots with a value of more than 10000 PED.

Fewer than five participants were affected by this bug. All of the affected participants have been contacted by the support department, even if they had not filed a support case about the issue.

The development team has fixed the internal systems responsible for this bug, and testing shows that the issue is now corrected.

Thanks to everyone who provided information and feedback on this issue via support.

That's great news, thanks a lot

If you need to be absolutely sure that things are working as intended feel free to send a couple of 10k+ loots my way. I will send all the feedback you need. :silly2:

I have spoken with the developers who investigated this issue, and can report the following:

The situation where this bug could possibly occur was very unique, and only affected certain rare loots with a value of more than 10000 PED.

Fewer than five participants were affected by this bug. All of the affected participants have been contacted by the support department, even if they had not filed a support case about the issue.

The development team has fixed the internal systems responsible for this bug, and testing shows that the issue is now corrected.

Thanks to everyone who provided information and feedback on this issue via support.

Nice.

But maybe there are more "unique" bugs like that which affect different values of loot?
Like more "unique" bugs which affects loots with value of 0.10, 0.50, 1, 5, 10, 50 etc...

How we can be sure about that?
There is no way in this world that we can be sure about that.
I see from some other posts that same thing happened before too, so I`m pretty sure it can happen again.

It took more then 2 weeks to notice obvious bug which was possible to check by players.
What about those which are not possible to check by the players?

@OP,
I`m glad that your issue is fixed and as well others received their missing loot.
And GRATZ!

Originally Posted by Bjorn|MindArk

Sorry OP for previous posts :ahh:

I'm a bit surprised how most repliers accept the MA statement as 'solution found and issue solved'.
Words are cheap and MA have a history of spreading them without any real thought of fulfilling them.

The solution and problem statement is very vague in Bjorns description and I think it is good in it's purpose to passivate people.

What about those which are not possible to check by the players?

About such bugs, different amount (item) displayed in loot window to that what is added to your inventory could all be checked by players.

Its a lot of extra work.

To proof a found bug, you need a lot of Screenshots.

Thats how it works:

Screenshot of your Inventory, with timestamp
Kill and loot a mob - screenshot of the lootwindow with timestamp
Open inventory, check if all items from lootwindow are added to your inventory. If not screenshot of inventory with timestamp.
File support, add screenshots, have patience.

In case all is ok, repeat.

If you do it for all lootsessions, you surely will find every bug!

As said a lot of extra work.

I'm a bit surprised how most repliers accept the MA statement as 'solution found and issue solved'.
Words are cheap and MA have a history of spreading them without any real thought of fulfilling them.

The solution and problem statement is very vague in Bjorns description and I think it is good in it's purpose to passivate people.

I'm extremely pleased that MA replied and actually admitted to a bug. How often has that happened? There was overwhelming evidence and they had no choice. Of course it was written in a way to put the fires out. I think from a corporate standpoint it had to be vague. They replied to this instance is all.

We're all pretty aware of MA's history of non-response, non-information sharing etc about different things and of course unfulfilled promises. We all know there was other things wrong with the system at / near the same time, beacons, extreme and historically low loots overall for anyone I know, others here claiming partial missing loots, bots dropping wrong items, space screwed up and more. This thread wasn't about all of those things though.

I'm still pleased they at least responded and let us know what happened. More detail I don't think was needed. Do I think more actually happened? Yes, but ... no way to absolutely prove it other than the beacon stuff. I had ask and it's not been answered of what we need to do in such cases. I'm also still waiting for them to post the information in another more 'official' place than this thread though.

Well thats all we can do.

We've already had one of the other people post to this thread who was affected and given their missing 700 peds. So, they at the very least found and fixed 1 more person because of it.

As for the bug being fixed, we'll know if it hits someone else new and they post about it. If they do, we will know it was not fixed. If they do not, then we can only assume it is.

Maybe I'm too used of all flaming going on so I expected this to happen again in this thread after the MA post. ;)

I'm happy that MA made a post about this and that they are giving people what they are entiteled to, but I also hope that they make a more solid statement in an upcoming release.

Also after reading my first post it seems that it came out a bit more negative than my thought was...

Last edited:
I'm happy that MA made a post about this and that they are giving people what they are entiteled to, but I also hope that they make a more solid statement in an upcoming release.

I'm also still waiting for them to post the information in another more 'official' place than this thread though.

I think MA have done enough to be honest. It wasn't a great situation but they handled it pretty well once it came to light. They've openly explained the problem, fixed it and compensated those affected by it. Assuming the bug doesn't ever resurface, I'd say job done and hope they handle similar situations in the future in the same way.

I think MA have done enough to be honest. It wasn't a great situation but they handled it pretty well once it came to light. They've openly explained the problem, fixed it and compensated those affected by it. Assuming the bug doesn't ever resurface, I'd say job done and hope they handle similar situations in the future in the same way.

One post in a thread on a forum?
Far from all players read this forum, and far from all have found this thread.
This bug itself involved several thousands of $ and one post is all they care to give to calm the community that their money is secure.
All affected players are contacted, but as a not affected player I want to know what to look for, what was so rare with those over 10k loots?

But hey, I'll do as I always done, keep depositing and think that MA is all good, that way it feels better going to bed at night :)

... if I remember correctly it was -MindBank AB that applied for it, not Mindark AB. I guess MindBank AB is/was owned by Mindark AB. Did you just specifically ask about Mindark AB or were affiliates/daughtercompanies included?
I did at the time explicitly ask about MindArk, as that's the company having stated the license (IIRC). I did however also ask about similar companies during that same conversation, and got nothing resembling what your google-fu found. Seems Mind Bank AB did indeed get the permission.

Makes me question if FI knew that MA would be MB's only "customer".

Anyway, good to have it straight from the source. Thanks.

Lying on such a matter would have killed Mindark the next day...
I think you are overly optimistic on what powers customers or even gov't have when it comes to "small time" scoundrels. :)

Some players are so much concerned about this problem... why?!

only 3 avas were affected with this problem and MA saying it's fixed already.

How many of you already got in one loot two stacks of same oils/residues? less than 5% of all EU players I bet...

and if one day you see your loot window with two or more stacks of same oil/res from a single loot, just grab a calculator and do the math! ;)

Go play and stop crying!

WE allready have chatlog file clientsided.
In teams all looted items are discplayed in chat therefor loged at the logfile.

Why MA refuses to display solo hunters loot in chat ????
I think you already know why, and also gave the answer to it:

That would help a lot to control your loots, and if you really received all of it.

only 3 avas were affected
If you know this for a fact, it'd be an admission you work for MA and know the code. Therefore, you are responsible for this. Conclusion: KoS. :)

I instead chose to believe you don't know what you are talking about.

3 verified (though it's less than five according to Björn, so it could be four). How many unverified?

One post in a thread on a forum?
Far from all players read this forum, and far from all have found this thread.
This bug itself involved several thousands of $ and one post is all they care to give to calm the community that their money is secure.

If they've not read this thread, they probably aren't aware of the issue unless it affected them, in which case they've been compensated by MA already now, or they were told about it someone else, in which case they've probably heard MA's response now anyway.

I don't see what you expect from MA. You're not going to learn any more from them by them posting the same message on the client loader.

All affected players are contacted, but as a not affected player I want to know what to look for, what was so rare with those over 10k loots?

By the looks of it, it was loots that had stacks over the maximum stack size of an item (e.g. 10k PED energy residue), that for some reason for a while weren't yielding the stack(s) beyond the first.

A statement on the launcher is a statement from MA (or whoever responsible).
A post from MA official is only that, a post more or less stating his opinion on a subject.
I do not need more info, just clarification that this is solved, not by a comment on a forum that can be withdrawn, but by a solid statement.

I am happy that they replied to this issue, when lets face it..they didnt have to. I am glad that everyone got compensation.

As someone earlier said..logs of loot etc would be a fantastic addition.

I also think this thread has alerted people to be pay more attention to their loot..

I am sure MA are working out the bugs as we speak, it would be rather silly not to.

Merry Christmas everyone

Now all I need is 30 ATH's to break even ;)

I am happy that they replied to this issue, when lets face it..they didnt have to. I am glad that everyone got compensation.

As someone earlier said..logs of loot etc would be a fantastic addition.

I also think this thread has alerted people to be pay more attention to their loot..

I am sure MA are working out the bugs as we speak, it would be rather silly not to.

Merry Christmas everyone

Now all I need is 30 ATH's to break even ;)

Suggested this before but an easy fix MA could do is to create a separate chat channel for loot. So regardless if you are in a team or not you could have a chat log of what you loot. Mining, crafting and hunting. They could then remove the team loot from the team chat channel.:wise:

Team loots could also go into that new chat channel as well when you are in a team.:girl:

Suggested this before but an easy fix MA could do is to create a separate chat channel for loot. So regardless if you are in a team or not you could have a chat log of what you loot. Mining, crafting and hunting. They could then remove the team loot from the team chat channel.:wise:

Team loots could also go into that new chat channel as well when you are in a team.:girl:
I miss that feature since beginning :(
And also TT value for all items, you looted.

only 3 avas were affected with this problem and MA saying it's fixed already.

I hope it happens to you and you don't notice it...

Happy Holidays! :xmas:

A statement on the launcher is a statement from MA (or whoever responsible).
A post from MA official is only that, a post more or less stating his opinion on a subject.
I do not need more info, just clarification that this is solved, not by a comment on a forum that can be withdrawn, but by a solid statement.

Speaking as someone who had no faith a reply would be given:

I'm very pleased by Bjorn|MindArk's comment. There's no reason for us to rub salt in this wound and aggravate an already embarrassing error of theirs.

Replies about problems go both ways. If we (the customers) continue to flame MA every time they give us a decent answer about a problem, the incentive for them to reply goes away quickly and MA again becomes the tight-lipped company we accuse them of being.

In short: Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Speaking as someone who had no faith a reply would be given:

I'm very pleased by Bjorn|MindArk's comment. There's no reason for us to rub salt in this wound and aggravate an already embarrassing error of theirs.

Replies about problems go both ways. If we (the customers) continue to flame MA every time they give us a decent answer about a problem, the incentive for them to reply goes away quickly and MA again becomes the tight-lipped company we accuse them of being.

In short: Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

sorry JC but what you wrote here is complete BS.

Firstly, let me remind you, after these 30 pages that if the comunity didnt step together as in provided proof in the form of screenshot, this matter wouldev been closed and noone would be pleased how it ended, so it was comunitys response(rubing salt) that got this result.

Secondly, you say MA gave us a decent anwser to a problem that occoured. How about the person that doesnt read the forum and was also affected by this problem, is the reply on forum, thread, page ???, a satisfying response?
Ofc, you will quote Bjorn and remind me of the "5" others that were suppose to be affected by this issue, how can you be sure there was only 5 and how can you be sure this hasnt happend before and wont happen again? From a short post from MA rep?

And last, when you say dont look a gifted horse in his mouth, i see the dark side allready having an effect on you, shame man, i thought you were one of the mods here that are unbiased.
It shouldev been an obligation for MA to step forward in such matters themselves not to come out when they are cornerd with solid proof, and before that they refuse to admit their mistake, whats even more disturbing, they didnt even bother to check their logs precisly the first time they were doing it.

Again JC, im very dissapointed to see you defending MA with such statements, but know for myself that such things dont give me much confidence to keep on playing the game, which i must say clearly i do enjoy very much, couse in the end, im a costumer thats paying for service and i dont like what im being served, sadly :(

for myself that such things dont give me much confidence to keep on playing the game, which i must say clearly i do enjoy very much, couse in the end, im a costumer thats paying for service :(

can I have your things when you quit?

sorry JC but what you wrote here is complete BS.

Seems you missed the 1st part of my comments and what it implied. That first part being when I said: "Speaking as someone who had no faith a reply would be given". Let's see if I can help you learn:

I know full well that the issue would've simply been closed had not this thread blew up with overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Whether 5 or 500 people were affected by this loot bug I don't know and nothing MA could say would prove 100% in any case. There would always be those that wouldn't believe them.

Frankly I never thought they would reply to this situation, even as much as Bjorn did. I thought they would simply fix the issue, pay those that were owed, and move on. It was on this, (specifically his comment and that it was made) and this alone that I said I was surprised and happy with.

To me there was evidence of a loot problem. Essentially the worst-case scenario for bugs in terms of MA's business model, as it surely plants even more seeds of doubt for those that may wish to deposit.

However, they said they fixed the issue, and payed back those they found affected by it. Yes my wording is intentional. Someone may have been missed by their scans. That they looked for others affected was honestly a nice surprise.

Beyond that, I see no real reason for them to announce through "official channels" that there was a loot-bug. Although ironically, "official" MA communications actually seem to reach less players than a highly viewed forum thread.

Again in short:
  • MA f*cked up bad.
  • They fixed it. (Why would they leave a bug like that in place? If this happens again, they're screwed.)
  • I expected no comment all.
  • We got a comment. Short, sweet and one that explained things as much as customers should know.
  • I was surprised and satisfied w/ the comment.
  • That is all.

Give back strash's unl amp too fu**ers or did that not happen too.

I hope it happens to you and you don't notice it...

Happy Holidays! :xmas:

Unfortunately I never reached the stack limit in any loot... unfortunately! ;)

That obviously did not happen.

1) Others have had graphical errors like that.
2) They have no reason to lie about that.

Rofl

If he gets one from having a graphical bug for one second while it is loading icons

Then I should have 500 amps as well!

Shit happens every time I am on my slow-ass laptop and open inventory. He just had a global while icons were loading so the (L) did not load.... IF he even missed the SoOtO message... he might wanna pay more attention in the future =)

OT: Nice to see that MA realized the bug and paid them what they should have gotten from the start... After all, it was a hof message without loot, that stinks... Makes me wonder if the loot below 50 ped is as it should? We will never know =)

I am prepared to believe this bug only affected Crafting Hofs over 10k, and perhaps only some of them, though we do not know when it started. After the initial denials, MA have dealt with it as they should have done.

But, as John Capital says, this isolated admission stands in unhappy contrast to MA's usual way of dealing with bugs (or not dealing with them).

There is a perfect example at the moment, the beacons. These are apparently bugged, the loot is too low. Yet MA make no announcement save some verbal statement to a few players in-game, and they do not suspend their use. So uninformed players are allowed to continue to waste their Ped. This has now gone on for 3 weeks, a patch was promised but has not appeared.

There have been other cases in the past where MA have done the right thing, and given compensation for bugs, for instance the unreacheable claims after VU10, or the unextractable claims in 2008, but again these are isolated examples.

The community should keep up the pressure on MA to reform their procedure for preventing players from losing Ped through known bugs. MA should also show some gratitute to those players who test their system and provide the evidence of the bugs.

Back