INFO: Guide on updating Entropedia..The EU WIKI!

danimal01

Elite
Society
AoE - Agents of Entropy
Daniel Danimal Diep
All too often enough I find that myself or just a few other people update the wiki to include adding new items (discoveries), updating stats, doing decay tests etc.. I think it has to do with one of these reasons below:

1) People are too lazy to do it
2) People don't know how to do it
3) People don't care

Well I am here to help.. at least for reason 1 and possibly to persuade more people to update the wiki. Since it seems that more people use this source of information than update it. I will show everybody in a step by step guide on how to update this awesome EU utility.

Guide:
For those of you that don't know what this website is or what it is used for, it is a massive wikipedia updated by the players (or lack there of) to help other players better play EU.

rie2iankud0to81pbuzg.jpg

The address is: www.entropiawiki.com

Step 1)
Make sure you have an account or you are logged in before making any additions/updates to the wiki
a0cocghudjny0u7fzlpc.jpg

Step 2)
Click on this link to log in or create an account.
evlnupm0qmr9ntwqri43.jpg

Note: You only need to enter the captcha if it is your first time on the page creating a new account.

Step 3)
To add a new item to the table (wiki) goto the item category you are trying to add. In this case I have selected "Armor" and "Armor Sets". Once you are on the correct category of said item simply click on the "Add Item" tab to begin entering the information for the new item.
c8rsab5vqoq0lumo0nlv.jpg

Step 4)
Insert the item name in the EXACT capitalization and spelling it is in the game in the pink box and then update the stats accordingly then hit "Submit" once you have provided a source as to where this new information has come from. i.e. a screen shot from someone in the discoveries section or a scanned image screen shot from the avatar that has the item that showed it to you after looting it. These are usually the accepted forms of screen shots.
gx3fiuaorbe28e32iguy.jpg

Step 4a)
If you happen to make a mistake in the stats or noticed that the stats of an item are messed up have no fret, you can simply click on the "edit" button in the top most corner of said item(s) to change their information. Make sure to include the valid source of where this information is coming from. i.e. I maxed this gun at level 21 vice 21.5 as previously stated.
bfzo0doh29q80mi01pcn.jpg

Step 4b)
If you completely messed up the information and want to start over imply goto the item again and select "edit" in the upper right hand corner and then enter in the description box that you messed up the stats. Make sure to check the box that says remove item from chart and the item that you are trying to remove then click on the "Submit" button and start over from Step 4.
5k2s35ewzwkuquaq0l61.jpg

Step 5)
Adding information like loots to creatures can be relatively easy and often neglected because of reasons 1, 2 and 3 stated above earlier. This is simple to update and I will show you how to do so. Simply goto the mob that you want to update the loot table on then select "add item" in the upper right hand corner of the table.
jj68ptqs7dp6jsmjkua1.jpg

Note: You may also select "edit" next to the loot that is already there and add in the additional information it needs. i.e. version number of EU it was looted in so the table is up to date and correct.

Step 5a)
Simply update the "Maturity", "Type" of loot, "Item" (if it is not listed simply create the item utilizing steps 4 through 4b), "Frequency" (how often the loot is looted, if you don't know just put "Unknown") and lastly "Last VU". This would help the other websites like PEauction to update the MU on the items automatically.
elz04x3fgq6pyzpbt353.jpg

If you found it difficult to understand this Step-By-Step guide I apologize for any inconveniences.. please do let me know what I can do to improve this guide so that more people would be able to update the wiki for everybody's use!

~Danimal

Nice work. It may also be an idea to add this guide to Entropedia itself, for example in the help page.

Very good post, very good initiative!

okay no problem I'll get right to it :D and i did not think of the help page on the wiki. I'll add it there too ;)

~Danimal

good initiative. I update information in the wiki all the time, it would be great if more people did this

Back