Famous Entropians

Status
I'd have taken the Nutrio Bars and saved them for the Dec. 4th 2012 Update! :yay::yay::yay:

Menace

And when MA delays taming 1 more year eat them in a rage fit :laugh:

1st post
:lolup:

History is always remember'd the way the writter deceided to highlight it :wise:

Cant believe you missed names like Buck, Laban, Rony, Foudil off the pk list. They definitely inspired me.

Who was that ava that always hung out at the "old" Atlas Haven that sat by a tree and helped anyone and everyone?

I can't remember his name and was well before my time but I've heard about him and I know the oldtimers know who it is.

Sadly, I think he has passed on but I hope I am wrong.

That sounds to me like Beamer. He shared a lot of info with me when I first started; when I chose hunting as my career path, Beamer gave me an A104 amp for my Outbacko that made a huge difference in what I could safely hunt. To this day, that was the best & most useful free gift ever given to me by a player, and I'll never forget it.

Later in the game as I established myself as one of the more reputable traders (long before the auctions), Beamer and I shared a lot of info. I think Beamer preferred the social aspect of the game more than the other career paths, and a lot of that social interaction died when the auctions were implemented. Beamer should be considered a famous Entropian. Also worthy of consideration might be Steele, who started the game a few weeks before me...he had one of the few Imp MK2's in the game, he looted that off a Longu. He ended up selling it to get one of the first hangars & spaceships before selling out. Haven't seen him in-game in years.

...And gave time and oportuninty to chose refund between 5k nutrio bars and resurection chip.

It was 5 000 peds or a resurrection chip.

5k nutrio worth nothing (5peds) + MU.

That sounds to me like Beamer. .

I don't know if this Beamer also hung out at old Atlas Haven, but the ava referred to is definitely Boldar Blood, former Mayor of Atlas Haven. He fits the description to a T... including that it went around that his player had passed away, quite some time back :(

jay :)

It was 5 000 peds or a resurrection chip.

5k nutrio worth nothing (5peds) + MU.

Well they didnt offered peds but 5000 nutrio bars.
And if you want put it on MU - it was 5k nutrio with TT=5 ped + MU vs resurection chip with TT= 389 peds + MU.
Not a hard decision wich to chose as reward.

I don't know if this Beamer also hung out at old Atlas Haven, but the ava referred to is definitely Boldar Blood, former Mayor of Atlas Haven. He fits the description to a T... including that it went around that his player had passed away, quite some time back :(

I had to do some forum searches to get the name straight, the person I'm referring to was "Beamer BSR Merchant"...similar details, he hung around Fort Troy most of the time but we crossed paths often in Atlas Haven as well. He would stop to chat and help anyone out, whether you were a n00b or vet. He sadly passed away in 2003.

Page 3 and my post near the end of the "Who's your hero in PE?" topic mention Beamer.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?3433-Your-Hero-in-PE/page3

That topic is a "Who's who" list of names of players that were famous and now almost none of them are around anymore. :(

It was Boldar Blood, I recognize the name after he was mentioned.
I meant to comment - tho those who knew him, knew that's who i was talking about.

ED: Sad to hear about Beamer too...They both sound like great people.

Tippin'

Last edited:
I had to do some forum searches to get the name straight, the person I'm referring to was "Beamer BSR Merchant"...similar details, he hung around Fort Troy most of the time but we crossed paths often in Atlas Haven as well. He would stop to chat and help anyone out, whether you were a n00b or vet. He sadly passed away in 2003.

Page 3 and my post near the end of the "Who's your hero in PE?" topic mention Beamer.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?3433-Your-Hero-in-PE/page3

That topic is a "Who's who" list of names of players that were famous and now almost none of them are around anymore. :(

This is the trader-ava that the great miner Beamer used. Back then me , Rad and Beamer formed the BSR-soc and had great sucess. Beamer was a talented miner and we put up towers all over the place. I still remember how proud Beamer was when he got his first around Minopolis. Such a shame he passed away far too early. He was a great inspiration to many people !

Funny, the names that instantly pop to my mind are:

Starman
Skalman
Buzz Erik Lightyear
Auktuma

Need 2 seconds or so to recall more, like Lykke, Foma, Deathifier, Neverdie, ... and the list goes on and on, but those four are the first in mind.

Meculus and Hurrikane are improperly listed.

Meculus and Hurrikane are improperly listed.

As the OP doesnt appear to have logged in for some time, I've edited the first post to include an 'events' category and moved the entries for Meculus and Hurrikane there.

Hi,
I want be on the list too. :cool:
I play in PE/EU from 2003, have some old ATH ~2k-5k, looted for example mod ml-35, doa RJ and other nice toys.. I never modified my skills using skill implants, all my skills I get from pure play (~280kTS, 221hp). My tracker say "you are big noob XII" - the result of the tracker has nothing to do with my deposits, I made really much deposit in this all time play and lose more. MA do not intend to commemorate me to your list of winners - so maybe I can here on the forum :smoke::scratch2: ahhhhh I forgot.. my greatest achievement in recent years is to raise the MA special settings that give me constant loss of about five years.

Have a nice day!
GL

Ah history!

We had a different value system then. We always admire those who succed. Before (back a couple years), there was a very clear line between ubers and the rest. MA blatently favored ubers back then so everybody wanted to be one (uber) and looked up to people who was uber. Today with (L) and lower lvl maxed toys this distinction has dissapeared.

Alot of ubers playing today has lost abit of their fame status due to noobs being able to do stuff only they could do back then.

There are alot of avatars connected with succes, we all admire them for obvious reasons. There are so many to list.
Others have left their mark for unique actions. The tt´d ul amp, the "give me back my ul korrs" (before they where introduced) and the "someone stole my hat!", the buyer who bought an ul oa-103 for tt+20 ped, the fapper who traded his adj fap for the fap fee (he got it back), are on the top of my mind.

Some amazing loots that poped over the years have avatars connected with those, 2 many to count. That they shared on the forum is what makes them special to me :).

This forum has brought together alot of people and some of them really leave an impression for their quirkiness?
Ratex made all the new miners belive that one should drop bombs in a spiral to get good loot
Legion who made people belive that perception skill gains ment that you had an uber loot near. He hinted he knew this due to working at MA for a time. Lets just say alot of people suddenly started paying extra attention to skillgains *rofl*

There are many, many more.

There is even 2 subcatergorys not mentioned,

Extremly good forum threads, (check each subforum and list them by their views/replys and you will find a ton of treasure)

Funny/Epic MA moments and persons, My favorite is Marco ofc and the funniest moment was when MA botched a server restart and snables started dropping imp2780 I belive. Even funnier was when all the ubers switched from CP/SEG´s and other uber creaters and came to Port Atlantis with the noobs to hunt snables xD. The ubers coming forward in hard waves with the best equip ingame and killing young snables. That was just epic.

Now, the real Heroes!
All the people who have contributed to the knowledge of the game and ingame mechanics and made it easier for all the noobs who came after them. Their achivements are so many and in so many areas that they are impossible to list.
If you feel you made a contribution over the years that helped the rest of us progress then you are definatly in this catergory, a HERO/HEROINES!

Last edited:
Hi,
I want be on the list too. :cool:
I play in PE/EU from 2003, have some old ATH ~2k-5k, looted for example mod ml-35, doa RJ and other nice toys.. I never modified my skills using skill implants, all my skills I get from pure play (~280kTS, 221hp). My tracker say "you are big noob XII" - the result of the tracker has nothing to do with my deposits, I made really much deposit in this all time play and lose more. MA do not intend to commemorate me to your list of winners - so maybe I can here on the forum :smoke::scratch2: ahhhhh I forgot.. my greatest achievement in recent years is to raise the MA special settings that give me constant loss of about five years.

Have a nice day!
GL

Unfortunately, you can't ask to be famous. OTHER people determine that. ;) I'm a nobody, skill-wise and loot-wise, but I was an accomplished, prominent trader back in the day. People rarely saw my name in global/HOF lights, so-to-speak, but people I'd never heard of would come up to me saying they heard about me, and asked if I had this or that for sale, or if I could sell stuff for them.

I also beat up 4 out of 5 cK members when I was a total noob (only Vaps beat me), in the boxing ring. Being hated by cK (which had very few members back then) is a kind of notoriety in itself. :) Back then, boxing was more a function of avatar motion prediction causing hits & misses, not so much a function of gear & skills & HP. In a sense, boxing back then--for better or worse--was more of a gamer skill, not an equipment or skill-based skill.

Auctions unfortunately put an end to the "fame" (if that's what it's called) of merchants. And hey, I'm far from suggesting I was famous; as of now, I'm pretty much a nobody, and I'm fine with that. :cool:

i cant find colonel bowles on the list, any idea why not?

i cant find colonel bowles on the list, any idea why not?

The person who started this thread has not been on forum for many months. It would be a better idea if someone redo the list and then mods could close this thread.

When I think of famous avatars I think of the 6 S's; Skalman, Starman, Stoikow, Stormer, Star and Stryker. Those were the names spamming the gaps inbetween Joda VVV and Dan Petrov when I started. Auktuma and Buzz, Joe Jeff Squalls, Deathifier, Akoz and Neomaven.... oh yeah and that NEVERDIE guy:)

Hurrikane

Ah history!

The ubers coming forward in hard waves with the best equip ingame and killing young snables. That was just epic.

Sending Ubers to hunt Snables is one of the reasons I run the WoF;)

Hurrikane

Sending Ubers to hunt Snables is one of the reasons I run the WoF;)

Hurrikane

That sucked, was in Iraq at the time and couldn't get Shadow off lag was so bad lol. Needless to say I didn't take much damage.

Famous Entropians Part II

Restarted the thread for all who loved it Mods this thread can be closed. If I missed a post in here please repost in new I will update accordingly in new thread.

V/R
Wildman

Status
Back