Does MA insert items!!??

Bolster

Hatchling
I was walking through Calypso, west of Jason Center, near where those robots are when i came across a Jester D-1...
just lying there for no apparent reason???? please tell me im not crazy!!!! do MA insert items for people to find??? or is someone just being generous to a stranger? It had about a decent amount of condition left (over halfway) but no where near being full....

just looking for some sort oof explanation, maybe someone did it and they would like to save me from much confusion with a simple message!

Thanks!

(oh, and i have no reason to lie so dont start all that crap) :D

Maybe, it happened 7-10 years ago as well.

There was also a bug 7 years ago, were you could find "unused" mining bombs (that were ofcourse used), but beeing left behind by the system as a an item you could pick up. Beeing worth 1 PED back then it was a thrill on the 1st days to just walk around the beautifull world of calypso, picking up bombs here and there.

But also other players do drop items for fun. .)

I think some one place it there, not MA.
I found pixie gloves on a roof of a building when I was on rocktropia, something in a swamp camp in some hiden place. a lot of blueprints in twin peaks and some not so populated tp's.
if we walk around you will probably make more peds by finding item left from others then sweating :)

Jesters are generally created by weapons crafters when grinding for skills or blueprints.

Maybe one had a good run and 'hid' a few around the place, instead of just TT'ing them all :)

Grz on your find !

Some people drop small gifts every here and then, nothing special about it. Just a nice player :)

if that was proteron LA near segna there is posibility some items left from my free items events. There were few events with free oplaos,jesters,m2100 basic armors ,faps and TT mining gear laying on ground. Some were good hidden inside rocks or trees and never bothered picked them after event ended. Even after few months i get info that some items were found.

In vu9 I left pieces of pixie armor in PA once, well hidden though to see how long it took someone to find them. I kept checking the location and once I found some extra bits someone had added.

just a nice crafter leaving a present... happens far more often then you'd think it would... since it's a free gift maybe leave one behind for someone else... If it's a ped they left for you, maybe take a ped worth of stackable stuff and split it out by however many times you can and leave a happy trail somewhere for someone else. Pay it forward. Who knows, maybe Lootius will smile on those that help out others.

Of course, MA employees have avatars.. Think Kim said his avatar's allowance is 1k ped per month or something... so it might be possible that it's from MA, but til someone at MA says otherwise, it looks like it's mostly participants doing this sort of thing and not MA.

Last edited:
In the old PA between the NAZ and the Town I use to regularly hide items in that little rock formation cave thing for an exploring noobie to find. Not sure how many items were actually found by a NEW player but I hope most of them.

Menace

In this case prolly a user leaving shit.

During "the old days" around 2002 when Project Entropia was stil COT developers organized a stress test.
The announced a spaceship exploding in orbit, raining items at roughly the coordinates xxx x xxx..
All players ran at the same time at the same spot to grab items laying aorund :) so they could test serverload.

I found guns like bravo, extreme rare jackets (still have them) shogun and dragon armor, and some 104 and 106 amps (TT food in those days)

later I found a whole bunch of swords and amps dropped in a straight line on the globe.. I still have no clue why it was there but obviously dropped there by a developer since it was in a stright line and even on top of mountains and buildings where a player couldnt come/reach in those days (no aircrafts, no tp chips)

Finally I found a stack of 800 ped :D hidden behind a rock. I suspect a user wanted to transfer cash between avatars but crashed or something.. I waited for over an hour but no one appeared.. I posted it on the forum but no one could tell me where it was and exactly how much it was so it was mine hehe.

So, yes shit could/can be found.
Nowadays when i get lucky or when I feel generous I drop a low level gun I loot on strange places, or some armorpiece or some ammo or ME on top of a mountain, or on te bottom of a river for an adventerous player (hopefully noob) to find :)

I was walking through Calypso, west of Jason Center, near where those robots are when i came across a Jester D-1...
just lying there for no apparent reason???? please tell me im not crazy!!!! do MA insert items for people to find??? or is someone just being generous to a stranger? It had about a decent amount of condition left (over halfway) but no where near being full....

just looking for some sort oof explanation, maybe someone did it and they would like to save me from much confusion with a simple message!

Thanks!

(oh, and i have no reason to lie so dont start all that crap) :D

it could have been me because i have dropped alot of items and loot around calypso not so much but the jester you found could have been me

Always used to leave a few peds worth of interesting stuff at the top of the old Spiral Mountain. When I first climbed it someone had left things there and I was told it was a tradition. So every now and then I'd climb back up and leave things... Often there were things already there.
Anyone remember the Hoo-haa about folks leaving things on Island Girls memorial and others taking... The old finders keepers Vs show some respect debate:)

Like I said I still drop small thingies every now and then, but always on places where people "might" accidentally end up. So hopefully a nub exploring.
I wish there was a way to leave notes behind somehow, so I can leave some mindessence and a note which explains where to find a next small item.. :)

I used to leave stuff lying around, but I think someone from Ma said they will clear out items left lying in the open if they are there too long. So if I leave something now I drop it where it will be easily found.

idk i just recently heard someone picked up 2 sollomates that were "just lying " around.

idk if MA inserts things or not but i do know SOME Players will drop items so that others may find them from time to time.

TKoC did a Christmas Give Away, and some of us also dropped weapons (looted & Crafted),we also gave away some crafted clothes...All intended to give new players a small gift and a nice start to the game. If they TT'd it for ammo or whatever ...then so be it.

OP, if you are still alive, take these posts as a message about how stupid EU players are:

They will often drop or give away their stuff, because what it means to the pedwise is peanuts.

I, like many crafters ( as an example ) spread long swirly patterns of BPs around the places we craft.

If you were sensible, any one of those swirls will get you 20 ped or so.

Regular depositers in EU are not sensible, which is why you get to enjoy the benefits. Forget them other non-moneyed type of activities you call games; here we are all reckless with our peds.

Happy hunting!

This kinda reminds me of the Adj. Brave that was in Fury (or Medusa) like seven years ago. Never did find out if they had dropped it or some player had dumped it there (though why they would is beyond me).
I've only once or twice found some random items about in the open. Normally I think its just someone who has gone over their limit and are walking/cant refine anything so dump something so they can resume running :)

Back