Unsportsmanlike behavior or technique, tricks of the trade?

kobar

Guardian
Society
Antipodean Army
kobar kobar bar
I reading through the threads came across one that sparked idea for this topic.

"...We had some ups and downs during the events, mutliple teams in area, mob training from other "competitors" mob stealing and dragging away from one spawn area to another was also present...."

I hope i dont regret this but please share ur opinion, experiance and knowledge.

maybe this should go in the main events catagory as it would apply to all types of events...

hmmm no comments...thought this would be intresting topic with big events comming up.

dunno but some ppl are douche some are ppl that respects ppl

lol, dont really want to encourage the asshats. I recall lots of vigorous discussion last year as to whether particular techniques were underhanded or smart and reasonable.

the unsportsmanlike players dont want to give away their tricks and the fair players dont want to give unsportsmanlike players any other ides :)

Not sure how big the problem is but would be good for new contestants of MM to be a little prepared.

At Cat 3 and 4 we surely will see assheads, that use every technic to get an advantage.

Think the lower classes will be more sportsmanlike, although there will be very likely twinks with the high end gear of the main chars, that do a lot of one shot kills.

I remember, at one Mayham, Bear locked several LAs by installing events (no prices and 50 PED registration fee).
Made him the most hated person in EU for some days :D

Whatever you do, don't hunt in a pk area and then complain if you get pk'd. It's a competition, not normal hunting where it might be considered kind of a douchy thing to do.

Whatever you do, don't hunt in a pk area and then complain if you get pk'd. It's a competition, not normal hunting where it might be considered kind of a douchy thing to do.

yeah, MA loves the uber and pkers, that's why gave highest maturity only in pvp 3 or 4 whatever.

It's a clear giveway to the pker/ubers...

As such it's unfair and unsportsmanship system sponsored by MA

EULA
chapter 8.
c. You cannot interfere with any other Participants ability to use and enjoy the Entropia Universe.

do the event with FRAPS.... if someone starts to killsteal/mobtrain or anything funny, report to MA. Even if they are 'uber' MA has to lock down their accounts, if MA doesn't do that, then they're ignoring their own written rules.

EULA
chapter 8.
c. You cannot interfere with any other Participants ability to use and enjoy the Entropia Universe.

do the event with FRAPS.... if someone starts to killsteal/mobtrain or anything funny, report to MA. Even if they are 'uber' MA has to lock down their accounts, if MA doesn't do that, then they're ignoring their own written rules.

LOL, they are giving away things to the pker and ubers... and you think they'd care...

I've this issue last year... MA did nothing.... EULA is a show for the most part...They apply it only if something hurts them

LOL, they are giving away things to the pker and ubers... and you think they'd care...

I've this issue last year... MA did nothing.... EULA is a show for the most part...They apply it only if something hurts them

If the mob stealing happens in a PvP zone, then it's ok till a certain point. If it happens in a green zone, then it's NOT OK.
Even PK'ing in a pvp zone can attract MA's attention. If I remember correctly, someone from MA said that they can BAN people who repeatedly PK in yellow zones, like Nea's place etc (that's because of the time when people used to abuse some yellow zone's... like Solfa's crater... kill a noob, wait for him to respawn, kill again /repeat till you're bored.). I remember reading that somewhere, but might be wrong since my memory is a bit fuzzy. Ofc red zone's like pvp4 are excluded from that.

MA would be GLAD to ban most of the 'ubers', but they have no reason to do that. Star Mercury got warned by MA once because he did TONS of mobtrains at rig. (correct me if I'm wrong)

So mob training/ stealing and pking is to be expected.
Your best to record it or prove it and report it to MA.
They may or may not do anything about it.
Best thing to do is be aware of ur surroundings and be ready.
Prob not a good idea to waist time arguing with the offending person as that would be waisting ur time.
sound ok so far?

I reading through the threads came across one that sparked idea for this topic.

"...We had some ups and downs during the events, mutliple teams in area, mob training from other "competitors" mob stealing and dragging away from one spawn area to another was also present...."

I hope i dont regret this but please share ur opinion, experiance and knowledge.

MA makes the rules for the event.

Different players interperate the rules differently.

Some players don't do as well as they think they should have, because they didn't see what others did, these are losers in this event. They complain "because".

and then there are the winners.

yes, MA makes the rules and decides to put the highest maturity in lootable PVP..

So, MAs rules ensuring Pkers win the top prizes....

And that is totally unfair, unethical, unsportsmanship....

Some players don't do as well as they think they should have, because they didn't see what others did, these are losers in this event. They complain "because".

Bingo. This is a competitive gaming event. Different people will use different strategies. When you lose a game, it's often easiest to come up with an excuse, "my controller wasn't working," "you used such a cookie cutter strategy," "oh well, I lost, but at least I didn't properly utilize...erm...cough...ABUSE this feature of the game," etc.

It is possible to use positive, or negative, vocabulary to describe just about any strategy in any game. The smart folks are the ones who lose a game, and ask themselves what they did wrong instead of what their opponents did wrong. That's the only way to improve your own strategy for the next time around.

Bingo. This is a competitive gaming event. Different people will use different strategies. When you lose a game, it's often easiest to come up with an excuse, "my controller wasn't working," "you used such a cookie cutter strategy," "oh well, I lost, but at least I didn't properly utilize...erm...cough...ABUSE this feature of the game," etc.

It is possible to use positive, or negative, vocabulary to describe just about any strategy in any game. The smart folks are the ones who lose a game, and ask themselves what they did wrong instead of what their opponents did wrong. That's the only way to improve your own strategy for the next time around.

DUDE, get outta my head! :D

Yes and thats just smart hunting.

yes, MA makes the rules and decides to put the highest maturity in lootable PVP..

So, MAs rules ensuring Pkers win the top prizes....

And that is totally unfair, unethical, unsportsmanship....
Mobs in general or for event?

Mobs in general or for event?

Category 4 - Rextelum
Northwest of Triton (39909 x 59782) - Mid Maturity
North of Triton (39385 x 60738) - Mid Maturity
South of Minopolis (86467 x 83278) - Mid-Maturity
Land Area 5 (21884 x 39127) - Mid-High Maturity
Sofaris Crater (21932 x 53507) - Mid-High Maturity
South of Echidna (76809 x 87502) - High Maturity

big adventage

Last edited:
Category 4 - Rextelum

big adventage

So you are saying you are disadvantaged? You haven't the means to compete? or the nerve? or whatever?

DEN DUN DO DAT! It be berry berry bad fo you to do dem tings!

Don't make such a fuss so that others can't though. That happening way to much in EU these days....pop

Star Mercury got warned by MA once because he did TONS of mobtrains at rig. (correct me if I'm wrong)

Damn, those mobtrains are alot of fun.

If I remember right it wasn´t at rig, it was at landgrab, where he received this warning.

Category 4 - Rextelum

big adventage

Well I highlited the other High Maturity which are not in PvP.

Beside that, you may hunt highest maturity at the sandking wave (just need to outdamage the others to get the killcount), or SE area of the island, where it is mainly big maturity too (regular spawn).

Nobody forces you to hunt the Rex in PvP3.

Beside that I don´t think that YOU will seriously hunt for Cat4 Mayhem, so why you whine about it ????

And then there is tactics, hire some runners that drag the Rex out of PvP3 and you are save from PKers.
Oh, forgot, thats not sportsmanlike against those that hunt the REx inside PvP3 with the risk of getting looted :D

Damn whinners, why you won´t stfu ???

I dont mind the highest level mobs being in pvp4, makes sence to me. Makes it more exciting for the upper level players and im sure they enjoy the challenge.
If u had smaller mobs in there u would have mix of player levels, good players would dominate lower level players.

I think its playing smart to get a team our there helping u hunt faster.

hey,

just fyi to the people complaining about us (German White Angels): i pay a lot of money so my taggers can run all over the zeus spawn and bring us enough feffs and i don't care if you take one or two at once out of those to shoot em down. just don't stand right next to us, cuz i can't tell who is in my support team and who isn't, so i have no way of telling if i'm "stealing" a mob right now or not. Just stand on the other side of the mobs or far enough away.

Also, why would you run through the mobs we parked there and try to pull em away even if you know you'll die, just to hurt us? and cause me to have to spend more money? Especially if you are competing alone or with 2 other people, just stand somewhere around those mobs we put there and kill a few.

I tell my team everytime to try to avoid green dots when bringing the mobs to us, but sometimes that's kinda tough. So i'm sorry if you died because of that but please understand that you running through the mobs or pulling them to us isn't gonna slow us down one bit. It just causes me more unnecessary costs and just causes bad blood. I try to have my team play fair but some people make it very hard on me to stop my support team from doing "revenge" stuff.

Just don't get too close to us, cuz we are well equiped (well... for feffs anyway) and have the fire power to handle a lot of mobs but you might not. So trying to kill us with "our own mobs" might just get you killed your self and then might cause your "rightous" anger to boil even hotter.

... See, we can play this game both ways. One can complain about it beeing a team event and the way teams organized this event. And teams can complain about people wanting it to be a solo event and trying to bother the teams.

Just take it for what it is right now / this year and go with it.

Regards
Thark

PS: feffo ICM from zero to hero in one week, good times... ;)

Good luck in the competition Thark. I'm solo hunting in that area and I'm not seeing any issues with gathering by mob train as long as the trains arent being used to harrass others - I'm not seeing that happen. I also dont see any issues with tagging a couple of mobs out of a passing train. Thats what I do.

See you on the killing grounds.

KikkiJikki

So you are saying you are disadvantaged? You haven't the means to compete? or the nerve? or whatever?

DEN DUN DO DAT! It be berry berry bad fo you to do dem tings!

Don't make such a fuss so that others can't though. That happening way to much in EU these days....pop

lol
too short!

Back