Unsportsmanlike behavior or technique, tricks of the trade?

If you want too see a "Trick of the Trade" head out to ithaca right now and watch an unnamed soc and a few unnamed players irritate the entire local population of MM hunters. Retarded nonsense like what they are doing now with pella shelving irritates the hell out of me.

Edit: Gonna give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they were not abusing an old dropped item bug to set it up. So wont go as far as saying exploit, but crap like this is disruptive to every other participant and could easily fall under the disruption of play clause in the EULA.

hey,

just fyi to the people complaining about us (German White Angels): i pay a lot of money so my taggers can run all over the zeus spawn and bring us enough feffs and i don't care if you take one or two at once out of those to shoot em down. just don't stand right next to us, cuz i can't tell who is in my support team and who isn't, so i have no way of telling if i'm "stealing" a mob right now or not. Just stand on the other side of the mobs or far enough away.

Also, why would you run through the mobs we parked there and try to pull em away even if you know you'll die, just to hurt us? and cause me to have to spend more money? Especially if you are competing alone or with 2 other people, just stand somewhere around those mobs we put there and kill a few.

I tell my team everytime to try to avoid green dots when bringing the mobs to us, but sometimes that's kinda tough. So i'm sorry if you died because of that but please understand that you running through the mobs or pulling them to us isn't gonna slow us down one bit. It just causes me more unnecessary costs and just causes bad blood. I try to have my team play fair but some people make it very hard on me to stop my support team from doing "revenge" stuff.

Just don't get too close to us, cuz we are well equiped (well... for feffs anyway) and have the fire power to handle a lot of mobs but you might not. So trying to kill us with "our own mobs" might just get you killed your self and then might cause your "rightous" anger to boil even hotter.

... See, we can play this game both ways. One can complain about it beeing a team event and the way teams organized this event. And teams can complain about people wanting it to be a solo event and trying to bother the teams.

Just take it for what it is right now / this year and go with it.

Regards
Thark

PS: feffo ICM from zero to hero in one week, good times... ;)

I have no issue with teams herding mobs as Thark says, if the herders show respect for others - what pisses me off is when I see a field of RDs on my radar disappear behind someone who runs within 50m of me, herding for his team, leaving me with <10% of the RDs that there were before.

Then I have to admit that I childishly go for revenge and drop a few rockets in the train just to split it up! Make 'em work a bit harder for their herd.

If you leave me enough Feffs then I won't be going looking for mob trains and 'stealing' from teams.

Last year, position 10 score >20000 points, 'coz I'm going solo in Cat 2 and actually have a life, I know I have no real chance of getting that number of points so no chance of winning a prize at all (but if I get into the top 50 then I'll be happy with that) therefore, I'm not so desperate to score points to go deliberately parasiting off parked team mobs. But I can understand those singles that are 'going for it' to feel aggrieved by mob herding, losing 'their' mobs to herders and so go looking for herds and taking what they find.

For sure, there's no such thing as personal mobs and there's plenty of mobs out there (well, plenty of Feffs for sure) - just show respect for all players - teams and solos

I'm starting to get a bit annoyed by the team herders up in Feff land. I dont have a problem in principle with what they are doing but they take so many mobs out of the area I am hunting that I have to waste time running around which reduces my end score.

Would be cool if they could be a little mindful of the solo hunters in the areas they herd.

Hey,

i'm willing to bet 5ped you are talking about last night? there was some team that used vehicles to pull ALOT of mobs, WAY more then any team could ever kill in a 1.5h hunt (1Dante). They even drove through our mobs just to pull em away. i was also told there was a girl who pulled a shitload of feffs to the turret, i think she said something like " someone was cheating, i had to do something". I don't know what she meant though.

The German White Angels team had to actually "herd" more mobs outside of our radar as to improve the game performance cuz the lagg stopped us from setting a new personal Points/Hour record. So i doubt that we drove too many mobs away from you today.

Also as i said, i don't mind single hunters that kill some of the feffs we brought, only other big teams that do that ;)

And sorry to the dude we killed twice just now, she really didn't see ya.

Regards
Thark

It was indeed last night, but I was not referring too you guys. There was another soc out there and the guy pulling with the buggy was one of them. Im over it now, but was pretty irritated last night.

:lolup: This is why I'm a miner... Less stressful

Wooobs, wrong thread... Sorry

If they made instances for every mob in MM there would be no issues. You just enter the instance with your team and mind your own business. Leave the griefers outside.

Maybe MA needs to INCREASE the number of mobs !!!! (I remember when Arkadia first open and flying my ship over a solid sea red dots, something like that.) :)

Last edited:
Only one real ass during the whole event. Obvious KS of a mob off of me... guess I'm not 'allowed' to have more than one on me at a time.. even when OBVIOUSLY already damaged!!!

Sadly and uncharacteristically.. I lost it.. was VERY pissed off and said things in open chat I don't usually say.... sorry for you having to hear all that Joker.. NO it wasn't Joker.. he was just on the screen. But ty for the luck! You can be on my screen anytime Joker ;) HUGZ and gl with MM!

if they do mob train kill half the mob off let it run to them to finish it off no need for a team they will do the rest

lol

if they do mob train kill half the mob off let it run to them to finish it off no need for a team they will do the rest

lol

This is the best, valid strategy I've seen in this thread. :computer:

This sounds simple but works... Form team of 3 members then...Primary hunter uses lager, enhanced & High lvl amp weapon, 2 support members follow with lower level guns with no enhancers and lower lvl amp, and a good fap. Primary shooter shoots mob first, then support members shoot. and loot (looter gets all so Primary hunter has no weight problems)

Here some videos of what I find was unsportsmanlike behaviour. Stealing all mobs of an island all the time to bring to your "boss" while making sure the competition has no mobs left to hunt or gets killed by the mobtrain. Others decide to drown mobs that will be shot by the competition otherwise. Pitty I totally suck at shooting from a VTOL though lol:

Luckycharm's post epitomizes my Merry Mayhem experience for 2011. I (guess I) understand it not being a solo event, but can something be done about vehicles? They're completely counter-intuitive to what should require coordinated and tactical movement in "working" a spawn, either solo or as a group.

Oh, the fact that they rob every other participant in the area of shooting time, and require 0 skill in doing so save for purchasing a pitbull, is pretty neat too.

Luckycharm's videos PROVE a blatant ruining of the enjoyment of the Entropia Universe experience. IMO teams that hired people to do that should be disqualified. It's a definate breach of the TOU.

I myself witnessed this behavior in a couple different Neconu spawn locations, though other than having to waste time finding more mobs I didn't end up getting aggro'd on.

Disqualify those who RECKLESSLY used these tactics I say!

P.S. Rendering a guy like Stryker unable to cycle the PEDs he COULD have cycled doesn't help the economy out any either Mr. MindArk!

Menace

Last edited:
Yep what you see in Lucky's videos is what I was whining about in my earlier post. The only thing that soc was doing differently was stacking pella shelving and hunting from on top of it so only the front row of mobs could hit their hunter.

Yep what you see in Lucky's videos is what I was whining about in my earlier post. The only thing that soc was doing differently was stacking pella shelving and hunting from on top of it so only the front row of mobs could hit their hunter.

Oh man.. and it gets worse.... :(

Menace

aahhh, so that was what the 'structure' was I saw that had later dissappeared - wondered what it was.

Clever, cunning, devious and very sneaky - hardly what would call sporting or gentlemanly behaviour but not against the rules - only may be against the spirit of the game.

I would vote we all get granted a driving license. A license that can be revoked for a month if caught doing such activities. To get a license you first need to graduate discipleship.

can I just have a horse in game to ride :p

Clever, cunning, devious and very sneaky - hardly what would call sporting or gentlemanly behaviour but not against the rules - only may be against the spirit of the game.

Better get reading the EULA and ToU again. It is most definately against the rules of the game.

Menace

Luckycharm's videos PROVE a blatant ruining of the enjoyment of the Entropia Universe experience. IMO teams that hired people to do that should be disqualified. It's a definate breach of the TOU.

I myself witnessed this behavior in a couple different Neconu spawn locations, though other than having to waste time finding more mobs I didn't end up getting aggro'd on.

Disqualify those who RECKLESSLY used these tactics I say!

P.S. Rendering a guy like Stryker unable to cycle the PEDs he COULD have cycled doesn't help the economy out any either Mr. MindArk!

Menace

Better get reading the EULA and ToU again. It is most definately against the rules of the game.

Menace

Its not a violation of the EULA, at least not in pvp areas.

Simply put, if it happens in a pvp area I couldn't care less.

humm I seem to recall kim saying this..but I guess it's just me, what do I know anyways :)

~Danimal

Thats ducky and all, but they were doing it at zues and ithaca as well. Not just in PvP zones.

Menace

Don't get me wrong, I in no way support their actions at all - pissed me off good and proper and some of the behaviour of the herders was atrocious - like deliberately driving over me so that I would get swamped in mobs and killed (I have the names!!) - only one herder had the decency to apologise and then stay away from the immediate area.

However, the use of 'artificial aids' (vehicles/shelving/whatever) I don't believe is technically 'against the rules' but I've not checked any actual wording so could be wrong.

As for ruining my 'enjoyment', yes it did, but only temporarily and I presume a 'complaint' would need to be made, with supporting 'evidence' before MA would take any action - much as is the case IRL. Sadly, I don't have such evidence. But I fully sympathise with and support those who feel more aggrieved by the actions of these few.

I could possibly have a case for verbal abuse and 'homo-phobia' but I'll leave that alone and put it down to the 12 year olds playing EU (social/emotional age, not actual)

Oh, and name-calling is hilarious when the caller cannot spell!

yeah, MA loves the uber and pkers, that's why gave highest maturity only in pvp 3 or 4 whatever.

It's a clear giveway to the pker/ubers...

As such it's unfair and unsportsmanship system sponsored by MA

I just hate the above statement.

I'm not an uber.
Grimyth is not an uber.
Blast is not an uber.
Freyr is...almost an uber.

We dropped around 70k ped by scraping together everything we had to make a play for MM top 3.
We organized and implemented a smart team strategy.
We worked our asses off for MORE than 30 hours, easily.
We scouted and reviewed spawn areas intelligently, eventually locating one that worked. One that is NOT PvP.
We utilized friends some of us have spent YEARS developing in this game to help us out, either with gear or time.
All of these friends VOLUNTEERED their time or gear, again because of the trust and respect of longtime friendship.

In other words...

We made smart choices, worked hard, and invested wisely. THAT is how you get Top 3. THAT is how you work towards profit. Not everything is MA's fault. Yes...loot sucked. Yes...sometimes spawn placement is not ideal. Yes...sometimes the game can be slanted toward higher level players.

A. Loot is supposed to suck during MM. They are running a business, not a charity.
B. Spawn placement is fine, if you do some research.
C. Higher level players have EARNED what they get. Have you put in the same time, money, and dedication?

Invest the capital, make good business decisions, and stop blaming "the system" for everything. Anyone can win MM in their category with the right motivation, friends, and spirit.

Herding has been around since the very first MM. You should expect it. MA afaik has never done anything about it. If this was your first dance, I can maybe understand being a little surprised, but others should know better. If you don't like it, you should take it up with MA. Since MA has never done anything about it, issued a warning or said anything about it, you can't really blame players for utilizing a tactic that MA has basically condoned.

Nice sugestions.

For next time we cud form team "MM Assholes" and use all tricks learned here.
All are wellcmoe - no need skills, just a pitbul.
After each train on MM participants - screenie.
Win one who do most MM participants kills or other form of harasments within time of MM event and all under EULA.
lol

I have seen some participants doing MM solo.
They tryed knowing they will not win.
I gratz to them too.

Herding has been around since the very first MM. You should expect it. MA afaik has never done anything about it. If this was your first dance, I can maybe understand being a little surprised, but others should know better. If you don't like it, you should take it up with MA. Since MA has never done anything about it, issued a warning or said anything about it, you can't really blame players for utilizing a tactic that MA has basically condoned.

You are absolutely correct, but every year we do some venting after its all over. Its all a part of the process :D

I just hate the above statement.

I'm not an uber.
Grimyth is not an uber.
Blast is not an uber.
Freyr is...almost an uber.

We dropped around 70k ped by scraping together everything we had to make a play for MM top 3.
We organized and implemented a smart team strategy.
We worked our asses off for MORE than 30 hours, easily.
We scouted and reviewed spawn areas intelligently, eventually locating one that worked. One that is NOT PvP.
We utilized friends some of us have spent YEARS developing in this game to help us out, either with gear or time.
All of these friends VOLUNTEERED their time or gear, again because of the trust and respect of longtime friendship.

In other words...

We made smart choices, worked hard, and invested wisely. THAT is how you get Top 3. THAT is how you work towards profit. Not everything is MA's fault. Yes...loot sucked. Yes...sometimes spawn placement is not ideal. Yes...sometimes the game can be slanted toward higher level players.

A. Loot is supposed to suck during MM. They are running a business, not a charity.
B. Spawn placement is fine, if you do some research.
C. Higher level players have EARNED what they get. Have you put in the same time, money, and dedication?

Invest the capital, make good business decisions, and stop blaming "the system" for everything. Anyone can win MM in their category with the right motivation, friends, and spirit.

well said :)

Back