Active accounts

You mean that with lvl 56 prospector and 55 surveyor i should mine with rookie finder ?

Rofl

Why not, if you cant afford mine with bigger gear.

Some people are just poor RL, thats often not only their own fault.
Those people can still play EU, using Rookie finder, hunt with opallo, craft basic filters.

Those people can still play EU, using Rookie finder, hunt with opallo, craft basic filters.

thumbs up.

Just because you got high skill it does not mean you need to go all in =)

The beauty about Entropia is u get to spend what you want!

Take me for example. Logon yesterday and deposited $100. Crafted OA102 at condition. Loss everything in less than 10mins.

Fun? Hell Yeah! Worth It? Nope!
:eyecrazy:

You mean that with lvl 56 prospector and 55 surveyor i should mine with rookie finder ?

Rofl

Just chip out and sell most of those skills. You get enough money to mine again at a comfortable level for your ped card.

3452 avatars has scored a global or hof the last 30 days hunting... which is about 2-300 more then normal.

crafting and mining dont seem to be moving tho.

Its a good sign.

Just noticed it is continuing to climb. Showing as 3697 now.

Crafting on conditon is not gambling, it can not be or it would break the law, it just means you have to turn over more ped.

yeah like that doesn't have anything to do with merry mayhem or whatever they call it ;)

I myself have been playing with rookie finders and only my good old Opallo and having a great time of it all for 6 months. The question is here is if EU is getting more expensive or the players are just getting way to high in levels? The higher the level, the higher the mob you would like to hunt which in return would costs more. How has the system changed?

I myself have been playing with rookie finders and only my good old Opallo and having a great time of it all for 6 months. The question is here is if EU is getting more expensive or the players are just getting way to high in levels? The higher the level, the higher the mob you would like to hunt which in return would costs more. How has the system changed?

You have hit it. You obviously have more self-control than most players ( myself included ), which is a good thing.

EU promotes us to feed the law of diminishing returns, so that we keep looking for that buzz, and it takes more and more investment to get it back... from a bigger hit. When we sit back it is obvious, but also very easy to explain away this psychological trap by screaming 'too expensive' instead of looking at how we play. Maybe it is too expensive, but I know for a fact I can play on a lot less than I do if I wanted, but then the chances of that buzz are diminished.

You have hit it. You obviously have more self-control than most players ( myself included ), which is a good thing.

EU promotes us to feed the law of diminishing returns, so that we keep looking for that buzz, and it takes more and more investment to get it back... from a bigger hit. When we sit back it is obvious, but also very easy to explain away this psychological trap by screaming 'too expensive' instead of looking at how we play. Maybe it is too expensive, but I know for a fact I can play on a lot less than I do if I wanted, but then the chances of that buzz are diminished.

Both type of players are needed to keep the L gear in all levels moving.

I myself have taken a few steps backwards in hunting

Doesn't this mean that we are finding out EU is too expensive....as we progress through levels? If you play WoW or whatever, you can play top level avatars for a reasonable price. In EU, that reasonable price is lost as soon as you become lower-midlevel and hunting at your skill. I am lvl 24, and I went through 1900 PED during the 2 weeks of MM....hunting Daikibas!

Okay, that was a bit above average, but if you take a more random month, that means 500 PED a month or so... for daikibas.... way too expensive! (Even counting the sale of loot, I managed to recover about 800...still leaves US$ 110 for two weeks of gameplay)

so that we keep looking for that buzz, and it takes more and more investment to get it back... from a bigger hit.

Sounds like a quote out of a textbook called Addiction 101.

If you play WoW or whatever, you can play top level avatars for a reasonable price.

And you are top level in less than 1 week, another week farming top gear, and what then?
Boring, go away with that shit!

So everyone agrees its your own fault if you dont hunt small mobs with small gear and loose all your peds? MA has no fault in making the game expensive?

We should all hunt snables and berys for 5 years before trying some argonauts?

Sounds like a great game, i can see why so many people play iAnd i think that entropia tracker must give a good indication of how many people are in game, i would say the core group of players will for sure get at least 1 global per month so i personally think that the number will be higher than 10%, maybe closer to 30%

So everyone agrees its your own fault if you dont hunt small mobs with small gear and loose all your peds? MA has no fault in making the game expensive?

Expencive is relative!
I know people that spent €50+ a week on "stupid" browsergame without a chance of winning anything decent.
I know people that buy EVE Isks for around €100 every month at EBay.

People spent money for games that they consider beeing their hobby, same counts for EU.

If I compare EU (one of my hobbys) with my other hobbys its still cheap spending $15 (150 PED) for an 1hour hunt and still have around 50-80% of my money left as loot.

I played a lot other MMOs befor I started EU, I am still at EU, although I tested a fair number of other MMOs after starting with EU.
I like the challange EU offers in a way no other MMO does (survive in an RCE limited to your RL money you are willing to risk to lose!)
I like the oportunities EU offers, no other MMO does (making real money, and thats really possible to do).

For me it makes much more sense to spent €50 into EU than playing any other MMO for 6 month and then delete my account there, because I am done with that game (top level, top gear, no more challange).

Expencive is relative!
I know people that spent €50+ a week on "stupid" browsergame without a chance of winning anything decent.

People spent money for games that they consider beeing their hobby, same counts for EU.

If I compare EU (one of my hobbys) with my other hobbys its still cheap spending $15 (150 PED) for an 1hour hunt and still have around 50-80% of my money left as loot.

I played a lot other MMOs befor I started EU, I am still at EU, although I tested a fair number of other MMOs after starting with EU.
I like the challange EU offers in a way no other MMO does (survive in an RCE limited to your RL money you are willing to risk to lose!)
I like the oportunities EU offers, no other MMO does (making real money, and thats really possible to do).

For me it makes much more sense to spent €50 into EU than playing any other MMO for 6 month and then delete my account there, because I am done with that game (top level, top gear, no more challange).

But you speak as if getting to top level in EU takes a matter of weeks/months, when we all know this takes years, which i have no complaint about, just wish that $300 dollar depo could last longer than a week, hunting mid level mobs using weapons and faps im maxed on.

When i return from a hunt and and i havnt even covered ammo with the loot returns, and this carrys on for 3-4 sometimes 5 hunts, it puts me in a position of asking myself 'why am i funding this game anymore'

And as for peoples pervious post's saying this game isnt any more expensive to play then how about all the mobs that regen health 10 times faster than before, mobs that cant be hit becuase of 'this creatue is in a condition bla bla bla', decaying armor when equiping, ammo was restructued at some point (not sure if this made it more expensive or not) introduction of another armor part 'feet'. Amps could only be effective if they deal no more than 50% of the weapons damage. All these things add money to MA's bank and less in mine and yours pedcards, plus im sure there is more ped squeezing things been introduced over the years.

And back on the topic of the post, i would do it myself but im fairly new to the forum so have no idea how too lol

But maybe a simple poll:

Have you had a solo global in the past 30 days ie: not in a team

Yes or no

This could give a rough percentage of how many avatars have globalled vs those who havnt as the forum has a wide variety of people who use it, then you could compare it with the stats on entropia tracker and come out with a rough number of avatars

Just an idea :)

crazy

Expencive is relative!

If they are they are not to bright - I play eve for free and I have enough isk to buy anything I want and I do. A years subscription is about $130 US - one plex (30 day game card) is about 400 mil isk in game and it is very easy to make 100 mil isk/hr.
p.s. I guess they could be buying isk to resell

Last edited:
to some people complaining at the cost of playing:
Play at your own level and it will be fine if you avoid using 120%+ MU guns, using too big armor, uneco faps and other stupid misstakes that are causing you to lose peds...

I for one have grinded 5k argos the last week using my unlimited mako fal-3 smuggler... with 2.88 eco and not using too much protection and a fap that does 10 heal per pec I am breaking even with mu from the loot...

you just have to find your own mob and have a big enough bankroll in order to be able to break even with MU of the loot.....

I have done a lot of stupid misstakes that costed me thousands of peds, I learned from it and I do not walk that path ever again

OT: Tracker can't really be trusted, way too many people hunting small mobs that never global or they just stand and farm at rig or w/e, so there is a huge dark number on the tracker

however!

since the tracker recorded 300 more avatars globaling, that says something to me... either people just got more active for december

or something has happened, loot has been lowered per mob and more globals are occuring to keep the rate at 90%

or simply that there is a lot more new people arriving.

my 2 pecs

That what happend in December is because planet arkadia.:)

Back