Active accounts

SODERD

Marauder
soderd soder soderstrom
3452 avatars has scored a global or hof the last 30 days hunting... which is about 2-300 more then normal.

crafting and mining dont seem to be moving tho.

Its a good sign.

Good sign of what ?
With the loot return in place since months, game has become MUCH TOO expensive..Who are the ones that can afford that?
If it does not change, and in fact it's worse patch after patch, EU will end up running after a very small number of people.
I did 2 deposits of 500 peds each, this month, which were spent in HOURS, just mining unamped, buying a K400 (big gun, isn't it?) for killing mobs thru my way... 100 USD for a few hours of gameplay..FANTASTIC GAME !

only hours, i wish i could go so slow... i go through 1k min per hour lol

Tracker says nothing about amount of active players. Nothing.

Good sign of what ?
With the loot return in place since months, game has become MUCH TOO expensive..Who are the ones that can afford that?
If it does not change, and in fact it's worse patch after patch, EU will end up running after a very small number of people.
I did 2 deposits of 500 peds each, this month, which were spent in HOURS, just mining unamped, buying a K400 (big gun, isn't it?) for killing mobs thru my way... 100 USD for a few hours of gameplay..FANTASTIC GAME !
+rep

sadly that is exactly what i think....
if we want to get more players MA has to decrease the costs to play, normal games (also with micro payment shi....stuff) are much cheaper to play.... entropia should be more expensive, as you can achieve something and the money is not 100% thrown away in the first transaction..... but please not by factor *10 !!!!

People has always said it is like that since i started in 2004, myself included sometimes, still many of us are here?
I can not agree with this and i have turned over alot of money lately.

Good sign of what ?

Deposited around 1000 Euro this month, well mainly to buy LandLotDeeds.

I went out for low level hunting, mostly small profit or break even. Every here and then a few PED loss. Hunting aint that bad at low levels.

Crafted big, lost some 1000 PED, well everybody who crafts knows that crafting attachments on condition is pure gamble and can lose you damn much money if you don´t hit the big one! Don´t count that as average playing.

Did mining, some bad runs around 50% return, some minor runs around 90% return and one good run with a 80 PED win.

Nothing special so far, game still costs the same as when I started years back.

If you hunt above your level, mine with to big gear using amps, craft on condition then please don´t whinne for your losses. Its your own fault!

Smart playing won´t lose you a lot of PED.

The information on tracker is less use than I think peple think (unless I do not fully inderstand it). I unederstand all that it can do is count the amoint of globals and hofs. What it can not do is tell you how many people are doing each activity on each event that it is trackong. Because of this crutial missing information I do not see how it can tell how many peoe play or what the returns are as any kind of percentage. A little off topic but I thought it may spark an onterestong debate.

The information on tracker is less use than I think peple think ...
While I can understand the position and reasoning, we (the community) have allowed for tracker activities to only count for 10% of active participants; i.e. if you see 3.5k users on tracker, we "assume" 35k in reality.

Some would probably say 10% i high. Some would probably say it's low. Some would say "Gimme PED", and some would say "Who cares". :)

But between MA's account-count (only 1 million after a decade) and the numbers we (users of the system) can verify, I'd say the verifiable figures are more dependable.

Only question is - how large percentage of the active population actually gets (at least) a global (at least) every month?

The information on tracker is less use than I think peple think (unless I do not fully inderstand it). I unederstand all that it can do is count the amoint of globals and hofs. What it can not do is tell you how many people are doing each activity on each event that it is trackong. Because of this crutial missing information I do not see how it can tell how many peoe play or what the returns are as any kind of percentage. A little off topic but I thought it may spark an onterestong debate.

Tracker tells you WHO got the global / hof and how much.

Since we know WHO we can count the number of UNIQUE players getting globals / hofs.

With that number, we know how many players are cycling enough PEDs to get a global / hof.

So, it cannot tell you what percentage of players are getting a global or hof. But it can tell you the number of unique players who are cycling enough PEDs to get one.

And that is an important number because those are the players who are generating revenue through decay.

I haven't had a single gobal for a long time, yet I should think I am pretty active.

Personally I don't believe the numbers of global to be a realiable source of such information.

and in fact it's worse patch after patch

really, do you have recorded data that shows that? because i have logged most of my hunting since 2 years now and loot return is about the same.

100 USD for a few hours of gameplay..FANTASTIC GAME !

with a Korss H400 you can shot for about 304,92ped/hour if you shot in the air for around 3,5 hours you can get rid of 100 USD that fast yes :).

Merry Christmas!
Zweshi

with a Korss H400 you can shot for about 304,92ped/hour if you shot in the air for around 3,5 hours you can get rid of 100 USD that fast yes :).

Merry Christmas!
Zweshi

You got probes and Korss H400 for free?

Fact #1: I hunt at least 2-3 hours solo every day and another 1-2 hours with my disciples (low level hunting in team, or just healing them). The tracker says I have only 2 globals in the last 30 days, which is true but also means that ET doesn't say anything about my activity;

Fact #2: I hunt quite un-eco recently, using jmk3 at 5.0 HA (I love the amount of skills I get while using this thingy, the chat is literally green - don't gain anything close to that when using L stuff), but with all those misses and without globals still doing pretty well, having lost less than 200 peds in December. So, ~120 hours of game did cost me less than 20$. I think it's really not bad, considering this:
MindArk's business plan states that we aim for a cost of 1 USD per hour.

Tracker tells you WHO got the global / hof and how much.

Since we know WHO we can count the number of UNIQUE players getting globals / hofs.

With that number, we know how many players are cycling enough PEDs to get a global / hof.

So, it cannot tell you what percentage of players are getting a global or hof. But it can tell you the number of unique players who are cycling enough PEDs to get one.

And that is an important number because those are the players who are generating revenue through decay.

Sorry if my formatting is messed up I am on a mobile. whilst it tells you the number of winning players cycling peds it does not tell you the number of players cycling peds that are not winning back globals or hofs. so the assumption is being made that other players are not cycling peds because they or not on the tracker which can not be true. Incidently I am ambivalent with regards to the tracker.

You got probes and Korss H400 for free?

The money isent spent when you buy something rather it is invested. You dont go to the car dealership buy a car for a metric shit ton of money drive to the bar and home again and then call that spending 25000 dollars in 5 hours on driving.

If you still technicly have the money i dont think you can say you lost it :).

Merry Christmas!
Zweshi

Last edited:
Its not a fact.
Just a pointer

Gl

to some people complaining at the cost of playing:
Play at your own level and it will be fine if you avoid using 120%+ MU guns, using too big armor, uneco faps and other stupid misstakes that are causing you to lose peds...

I for one have grinded 5k argos the last week using my unlimited mako fal-3 smuggler... with 2.88 eco and not using too much protection and a fap that does 10 heal per pec I am breaking even with mu from the loot...

you just have to find your own mob and have a big enough bankroll in order to be able to break even with MU of the loot.....

I have done a lot of stupid misstakes that costed me thousands of peds, I learned from it and I do not walk that path ever again

OT: Tracker can't really be trusted, way too many people hunting small mobs that never global or they just stand and farm at rig or w/e, so there is a huge dark number on the tracker

however!

since the tracker recorded 300 more avatars globaling, that says something to me... either people just got more active for december

or something has happened, loot has been lowered per mob and more globals are occuring to keep the rate at 90%

or simply that there is a lot more new people arriving.

my 2 pecs

But it can tell you the number of unique players who are cycling enough PEDs to get one.

Bullshit.

There is little relation between money cykled and globaling, too many other things to think about.

A guy cykling 1000PED on atrox is more likely to global than someone who cykles 1000PED on foul.

Tracker is useless for knowing how many players are ingame, unless we also know what activities people do,if the ratio of percent-of-players-who-global is the same, etc.

And sorry, but to say only players who global/HoF are important is really cynical and ignorant.

What will be interesting now with the loot is what changes will we see in the coming year. As loot has been bad for a while now with MA taking in all the revenue, changes will have to be made now for the Calypso Land Deeds since MA will now need to pay out 325,200peds a week (1,409,200+/- a month; 16,910,400+/- a year) to all 60,000 owners.

What will be interesting now with the loot is what changes will we see in the coming year. As loot has been bad for a while now with MA taking in all the revenue, changes will have to be made now for the Calypso Land Deeds since MA will now need to pay out 325,200peds a week (1,409,200+/- a month; 16,910,400+/- a year) to all 60,000 owners.

there are no 60.000 owners.

The money isent spent when you buy something rather it is invested. You dont go to the car dealership buy a car for a metric shit ton of money drive to the bar and home again and then call that spending 25000 dollars in 5 hours on driving.

If you still technicly have the money i dont think you can say you lost it :).

Merry Christmas!
Zweshi

You have cut and ommited parts of Pifometre post, itentionaly quoting only small part to lead in wrong meaning.
You deleted Pifometre and my name from quotes you did.
He clearly stated that he deposited 2 x 500 peds and paid for mining gear and probes and also for Korss H400. and rest of peds used for ammo.
With only intention to hijack ridiculise posters and troll this therad.
You also didnt answered my question by comparing oranges with aples.
I dont know your behaviour that after buying car you run in bar.
But new car usualy loose at least 25% in moment it is on road.

I gave you - rep with explanation.

After that you gave me - rep for nothing - just for a revenge.

Now i report you for abusing rep system and troling.

Revenue is calculated after loot payouts...

Good sign of what ?

Aren't there rookie finders in the TT you can use?
Don't buy a house you can't afford to live in.

You have cut and ommited parts of Pifometre post, itentionaly quoting only small part to lead in wrong meaning.
You deleted Pifometre and my name from quotes you did.
He clearly stated that he deposited 2 x 500 peds and paid for mining gear and probes and also for Korss H400. and rest of peds used for ammo.
With only intention to hijack ridiculise posters and troll this therad.
You also didnt answered my question by comparing oranges with aples.
I dont know your behaviour that after buying car you run in bar.
But new car usualy loose at least 25% in moment it is on road.

I gave you - rep with explanation.

After that you gave me - rep for nothing - just for a revenge.

Now i report you for abusing rep system and troling.

Anyone understanding that there is no real difference between liquid assets and material assets will see that i did not troll the thread and the part i "cut out" was not relevant to hes or my argument which was based entirely in spending per hour and you havent spent something you still technically own wether it be in liquidity or in material value.

oh and removing your names wasnt intentional sorry for that i used the wrong quote thing.

EDIT: Now sleeping on it although i think my reason was justified it probably was in bad taste to -rep you and i do apologize for that, sorry mate.

Best regards,
Zweshi

Last edited:
Revenue is calculated after loot payouts...

Well, since most items are TTed, MA has to pay those loot payouts. The more loot they put out, the more they have to pay the players on top of now having to pay the players for the land deeds (me being one of them) where as before MA only had to pay for TT items that were sold back to MA.

Aren't there rookie finders in the TT you can use?
Don't buy a house you can't afford to live in.

You mean that with lvl 56 prospector and 55 surveyor i should mine with rookie finder ?

Rofl

Back