Planet Cyrene Teaser Preview

antonioliveira

Prowler
Society
Utopia
Aleph Levi Benzait
This was just posted on Entropia Planets.

You can see scenery, a town. armor & gun, and six or seven mobs. Looking good.:wtg:

There is one mob whose name doesn't appear, but I think I gathered all the rest:

L11 Zeladoth Alpha
L6 Mature Rhino Beetle
L3 Mature Horned Bird
L9 Plains Skyshatter Robot
L11 Bile Jellyworm
L9 Fenris Regulator

Awesome teaser! really great looking planet :D

Best regards
-Zweshi

I like it a lot :wtg:

I will try and be more critical tomorrow. :thumbup:

LOL, I'm not impressed at all :laugh:

Interesting... is it just me or does it look more like a shooter than any of the other planets? :)

Just another eye candy planet!

Selling planet Zen @ boxes.

not impressed at all ither...seriously if u want some of the player base to come to your planet you have to try harder....

Oh i swear i saw a ninja turtle in that teaser!!! :yay::yay::yay:

Perhaps Ed's message in the EP thread should have been transferred here as well, even though I know you provided a link Antonio, so thank you for that, but many don't bother going to the source to get the full message. This is actually an "unofficial" teaser video that Ed quickly put together himself, and not THE official Cyrene video that the team is working on. He wanted to give the community a little something over the Holidays as a peek.

Here is his message ...

Hello everyone, here is a link to an unofficial teaser video of the game I quickly made. It's a very short set of clips but you will get a sense of what we have been working on. This is on my personal YouTube page since the official trailer will be posted on the Planet Cyrene YouTube page.

When the official full-length Planet Cyrene trailer is released, it will be at our official YouTube page as Ed mentioned, and perhaps even at our official Planet Cyrene website which is still under construction - then I'm sure at that time you'll have much more to critique. :)

Last edited:
When the official full-length Planet Cyrene trailer is released, it will be at our official YouTube page as Ed mentioned, and perhaps even at our official Planet Cyrene website which is still under construction - then I'm sure at that time you'll have much more to critique. :)

Will it be launching with an ad and new player recruitment program?

Ed has shared with me that the marketing department plans have been in place for quite some time now, and the entire C-Team is chomping at the bit to roll everything out. However, that's all I can give you, because I'm not sure how much Ed wants to reveal at this point in time, so he would have to respond to your question if in fact he wants the community to know more specific details.

If you check his posts at EP, you will know first-hand what he has already shared with the community, because he definitely responds to questions that he has asked me to alert him about. He gives the community as much as he can at this point in time, but as we get closer to launch, the more reveal there will be.

I can tell you that we are also working on some specific (and additional) things to be ready for launch as well, so there is a lot going on right now, and it's crunch time. As information becomes available that can be shared, you'll read it first at EP.

On another note ... the video is far too brief to make any specific determination about Cyrene and game play whatsoever, because it's just a mini-video teaser to stimulate your thinking about possibilities from what you see. I can tell you that in no way does it cover the vast depth of this planet, nor what will be offered. Ed was having fun with it, and as I mentioned in my earlier post, he wanted to share a little something with the community over the Hollidays, so please accept it for what it is ... an unofficial peek through the window.

Yawny yawn yawn...

What's wrong with putting all this stuff (fantasy) on Next Island and merging Arkadia with Calypso? That would at least make sense and there would more likely to be a sustainable player base for each.

What's wrong with putting all this stuff (fantasy) on Next Island and merging Arkadia with Calypso? That would at least make sense and there would more likely to be a sustainable player base for each.

Uhm... they all have completely different stories, are made by different people, are supposed to develop in completely different ways and have completely different ideas they are founded on? :scratch2:

Isn't it rather simple-minded to just bunch together "fantasy" and "science fiction" like that? :eyecrazy:

Uhm... they all have completely different stories, are made by different people, are supposed to develop in completely different ways and have completely different ideas they are founded on? :scratch2:

Isn't it rather simple-minded to just bunch together "fantasy" and "science fiction" like that? :eyecrazy:

Although my respect goes out to the creativity and boldness of the planet partners, but if planet Calypso does not have a burgeoning player base willing to migrate to other planets that can support a decent supply and demand of resources and services to each other, I don't see that players will like spending their days alone on any of these planets. Sorry!

Just as an FYI ... Ed has responded to what you were questioning, along with giving additional information about the unofficial video teaser in his most current post in the threadhttp://www.entropiaplanets.com/forums/threads/unofficial-teaser-video.6749/#post-43472 he created at EP.

I would like to suggest that if anyone else has questions they would like Ed to address, to please post them at EP in the Planet Cyrene sub-forum, because it's the only forum he posts at right now until our official sites are in place.

Thank You

Sweeeeeeeet!! :yay: With what Ed was adding in his posts, it sounds like it will have a complete set of new additions to the already existing game play dynamics!! :D This is going to be very exciting to see, especially the big add campaign that will coincide with the launch!! :)

so it will go live on Q1 of 2012. nice :). the universe is getting bigger

The Question is... is this a preview, or a preview of a preview of a preview of a preview of a preview of a preview of a preview of a preview of a preview of a preview of a preview of a preview of a preview of a preview of a preview of a preview of a preview of a preview of a preview of a preview MS9 is involved, can't be good.

There will probably be more news in the future. As said earlier in this thread, this was a quick teaser Ed made for the community and posted on EP. As a nice holiday wish ;)

Keep your eyes open for the official Planet Cyrene forum too though. I'm sure much more will be revealed there :smoke:

hmm always good to hear some news from Cyrene but tbf I was hoping for a bit more after such a long break. ;) Well we'll see soon enough since it says Q1 2012 for release. :yay: Don´t think I`ll be as exited as I was for Arkadia though. So far the planets turned out to be too much copy pasta without new gameplay. Even though the gameplay is ofc what matters at the end of the day for most of the gamers. Well I am looking forward to exploring a new well designed planet even if I have to do it without other green dots like on Arkadia. ^^

hmm always good to hear some news from Cyrene but tbf I was hoping for a bit more after such a long break. ;) Well we'll see soon enough since it says Q1 2012 for release. :yay: Don´t think I`ll be as exited as I was for Arkadia though. So far the planets turned out to be too much copy pasta without new gameplay. Even though the gameplay is ofc what matters at the end of the day for most of the gamers. Well I am looking forward to exploring a new well designed planet even if I have to do it without other green dots like on Arkadia. ^^

As I mentioned in a previous post ... Ed addressed a few things in his post in the thread he created at EP about the mini-teaser video ... here is a link to that posthttp://www.entropiaplanets.com/forums/threads/unofficial-teaser-video.6749/#post-43472, because he also talks about new game play systems for Cyrene. :)

To be released Q1 2012....are they serious??, the Entropia Universe economy is currently in recession, there isn't any advertising for the EU platform anywhere on the internet, and the game is struggling to retain players. The other planet partners are barely surviving with Space effectively cutting off 95% of the player base now on Calypso.

They are best waiting until at least Q4 2012/Q1 2013, keep designing more for Cyrene so once the world economy is hopefully better, in-game economy has recovered and they may actually stay a-float as a company. MindArk also needs to address the costs involved to play the Entropia Universe platform.
Compare the recent release of SWTOR 8 days ago, over 1 million accounts (at least $70 million USD profit in 8 days!)

Cyrene should not be released yet or it will join the ranks of Next Island and Planet Thing.:wise:

there isn't any advertising for the EU platform anywhere on the internet

...yet

They just finished the screenshot competition with screenies to use for advertising and they are about the launch a campaign larger than any they have ever had before, incl. a facebook app

Yawny yawn yawn...

Yes.

The small player base of Entropia can only be spread so thin. I'm sure many will visit this for a week, happy to see something new...and then come back to Calypso.

The small player base of Entropia can only be spread so thin. I'm sure many will visit this for a week, happy to see something new...and then come back to Calypso.

Which is why planet partners are supposed to bring in their own players.

As I mentioned in a previous post ... Ed addressed a few things in his post in the thread he created at EP about the mini-teaser video ... here is a link to that posthttp://www.entropiaplanets.com/forums/threads/unofficial-teaser-video.6749/#post-43472, because he also talks about new game play systems for Cyrene. :)

But he doesn't really, does he? He only talks about interactions to existing systems and needing to have all systems before launch. Its not even clear if you will be delayed if MA does not release taming in Q1, never mind if there are any yet to be released systems that you need. It is even more vague and confusing than Arkadia's "we will be Treasure Hunting planet". And really, no new information is conveyed.

Back