Healing Services Tips & Tricks

JohnCapital

Slayer
Society
Freelancer
John Teacher Capital
Here's some tips & tricks to run a healing business. Of course your ideas may differ, so take them as you will.

First, a few ground rules a healer should always remember:

Rule #1: Keep the customer happy
This is a simple foundation that some may overlook. As a service provider, your job is to keep your customer (the hunter(s) ) happy. Your job is not to increase your skills/income at your customers expense. Skills/income are the payment for your service, but not the goal. What's the difference? Simple. Clicking your fap every time the hunter takes a 1.0 hit from a rouge tant may increase clicks/skill gain, but will not please the hunter at all, and you can very well consider your future work with that customer lost. This leads us to:

Rule #2: Keep the customer alive
Well duh. After all, that's the main thing, is to keep the hunter alive while they shoot merrily away at their targets, without them having to worry about their health.
Why is this not Rule #1? Simple: There are rare cases when the customer is better served by letting him die. For example, when they're T ing back to repair/reload and a mob spawns and attacks. Don't keep them alive. Let them die. They revive quicker.

However, keeping them alive is not the same thing as keeping them at full health. Depending on the mobs dmg. and hunter's health/armor, and your fap's power, you may not need to fap every time they get hit. Basically, make sure they stay healthy enough to avoid problems (I.E. bizzare crits, back-to-back high dmg hits. etc.) However:

Rule #3 The customer is usually right and almost always in charge
What this means is this: If they request to be full health at all times, or instruct you to go fap-happy, or whatever specific requests they make on you, no matter your personal feelings, you say: "no problem, Boss." And do it their way.

With regard to Rule #1: Of course you can't do anything about loot, so that's not part of your job in terms of keeping them happy. If loot sucks and they're pissed, just use your people skills. If they're having fun, then loot may not be as important. (results may vary.)

Ok on to some tips/tricks:

* Pricing: How much you bill your customer is a personal choice and one that I have no intention of discussing, except on one level: Try not to fap for free or fap decay only. You are sorely underrating your personal time and/or over-estimating the worth of skills you'll gain during that time. Don't sell your service so cheap, you can't afford to keep it open. Make sure you bill enough to cover your expenses. If you're charging too much for anyone, either your profit margin is too high, or your expenses are for reason.

* Occasionally, the customer will prefer that you use their fap, (or one they buy) not yours. Make sure your pricing can adjust for this.

* Team or solo? That's completely up to the customer. Be ready to work in either case.

* If it's a new customer, ask what health they are. Your actions will be quite different healing a 110 health ava on hogglo vs. 180 health, even if they use the same gear.

* Friends list: Case by case basis, but generally, I FL after the 1st hunt is over. Some prefer to FL 1st thing to make sure they keep in touch in case of computer disconnects, etc.

* Try to always start w/ full TT faps. It makes calculating costs much easier, whether UL or (L) faps are used. Keep used faps for your own hunting, or for special short hunt customers when you are quite sure you won't run out. (Be careful of this one.)

* Carry a spare if you can, just in case it's a long, long hunt. This is especially true when using (L) faps, since UL faps can be quickly repaired if needed. (Just remember to track that if your billing requires it.)

* Don't just auto-follow and click away. Healing (if done right) is one of the most attention-intensive activities ingame. You must constantly monitor your surroundings, the hunter's health, mob locations, etc. If you can't pay attention for basically the whole time, then healing's not the right job for you. If you just stick on auto-follow and click away mindlessly while watching the latest Netflix movie, you are sure to miss cases where the following routine got stuck/messed up, or some case where the hunter required some extra action on your part.

* Wear armor. The biggest one you got with appropriate protection. (I.E. Biggest impact if hunting ambu) Don't stand around in your shirt/pants. Nothing sucks more than a bad spawn killing you, then killing your customer. Doesn't matter if they're hunting atrox slayers that'll one shot kill you no matter what, or if they're hunting foul young. Wear your biggest armor.

* The moment you're sure what mob is next, pull the mob tag and place it next to/under the hunter's tag. This gives you a full picture of the fight in a single glance.

* Watch those health tags, not the pretty animations. The health is what's important, not what the gun laser looks like while killing the mob.

* Stand off to the corner. Don't just run right behind them. If they global, they'll want the pic to show themselves, not a close shot of the back of your ugly head.

* Pay attention to the radar. If you're semi-close to trox red dots, move to the other side of your customer to avoiding needlessly agroing mobs on you/them.

* If some pest (I.E. tant) is attacking while they're on a big mob, don't turn to kill it for them. While you're shooting it, your customer just died.

* Don't chat while they're killing. Type only in between mobs if possible, and then be brief. It sucks to type a sentence, look up and see a corpse. If you can type without looking, adjust as needed.

* If you do find yourself typing while they're getting hit, use the ESC key to exit chat briefly to do your job.

* Have Skype, and the other common voice-chat programs available. Some customer prefer voice chat to typing.

* If they global, screenie it. They almost never ask for the pics, but just in case...

* If you hit a bunch of failed errors, or something, screenie that too.

* Gratz only as needed. If you're healing someone like Skippie on Mulciburs, there's no need for a victory lap on a 50 pedder. But keep in mind this tip is strictly dependent on the customer. If they personally celebrate any/all swirlies, gz away. :)

* Make sure animations don't interfere. When they get close, some mobs actions, (longu, eomon, etc.) can hover over a hunter and block your fap targeting. To avoid this, go to 1st person view, and aim for their heel, or something. Also learn to time the animations so you can heal effectively in between them.

* If your FPS gets too low, your actions may be delayed, and they die before you know it. Drop your gfx settings down if needed.

* Know your faps range. Don't crowd your client, but make sure you avoid "target too far". (And yes, different faps have different ranges, but that's another thread.)

* If healing multiple hunters at once, try to make sure (without sounding bossy) that they stand close enough that you can reach them all without running yourself silly. Preferably, a situation like this is best:

mobs, mobs, mobs

mob
hunter hunter hunter
. . . healer​

Of course this may be unfeasible due to other hunting conditions, but you get the idea.

* If you can afford it, keep a few hundred ped of ammo on you. That way you can offer it to them if they need it. Saves them a trip back for just ammo.

* Along the same lines, try to keep a collection of the most common amps as well (A104 and Beast are often enough, and you likely have them already anyway). Just take their spent amp + enough peds to cover full repair in exchange for your full amp. A quick in-field trade may make the customer VERY happy.

* If they grab ammo/items from you, happily accept loot at TT value for payment.

* TP chips are pretty much required. No hunter will accept their healer dying for some reason and then having to wait while they jog back from revive. (hoping not to die along the way again.)

* Having vehicles on you, both flying and driving can come in handy as well.

If They Die

* Immediately /pos, either in local or team chat, depending as needed.

* Find out if it was a fluke crit, or some error on your part or something else.

* If the mob is only 1-2 shots from death, kill it for them. They can loot it when they return.

* Do you let the mob kill you or fap yourself until they return? The answer is whatever the customer desires. Some prefer one way, some prefer the other.

When the job's done

* Give the customer your bill when they're ready. Don't just hit trade the moment they say "done".

* Always thank them. Politeness is never bad.

That about covers it. Hope it helps. Happy hoffing.

Last edited:
Here's some tips & tricks to run a healing business. Of course your ideas may differ, so take them as you will.

First, a few ground rules a healer should always remember:

Rule #1: Keep the customer happy
This is a simple foundation that some may overlook. As a service provider, your job is to keep your customer (the hunter(s) ) happy. Your job is not to increase your skills/income at your customers expense. Skills/income are the payment for your service, but not the goal. What's the difference? Simple. Clicking your fap every time the hunter takes a 1.0 hit from a rouge tant may increase clicks/skill gain, but will not please the hunter at all, and you can very well consider your future work with that customer lost. This leads us to:

{removed rest of post by op since I only wanted to comment on first part.}

It isn't just the 1.0 damage that you heal if you sit and click away on fap. If the hunter gets a skill tick that increases their health pool by 0.001 or something like that you can also get a 0.00 heal that still uses normal decay.:dunce:

Really wish MA would pro-rate heal decay for heals that fill health pool.:yup:

Great post JC, as a Paramedic for hire I agree fully that you have to care about the hunter you are healing more then the peds and skills. If you don't care they will notice and not want to hire you again.:wise:

I do not run a healing service. Nevertheless this guide is great. +rep

Great post +rep.

I do have a question though. Should a low level healer such as myself (lvl 3 paramedic, maxed Vivo T5) also expect payment or is fap decay the best one can get at low level?

Great guide +rep :D

Great guide indeed, I vote for this to be a sticky post!!

Should be sticky. +rep

Well JohnCapital did wery nice and acurate guide.
But im still with basic problem.
I have seen imp and mod fapers working for 60 peds/hour. ( mod fap = 1 pec/click )
For big mobs and big boys -
I can simulate their healing effects and heal up to 160 hp on click and if needed with enchancers even more.
But lol - click on my fap is as minimum 1.400 % more expensive. 14 pec/click and more.
Also healing rate 20 on vivo vs imp or mod fap is wery questionable on big mobs wich often crit.
TT value of vivo Neo fap without MU is 224 peds so you know where i can put those 60 peds/hour.
Average hunter with average loot return do not proffit enought to be able to pay that.

Last edited:
Great post +rep.

I do have a question though. Should a low level healer such as myself (lvl 3 paramedic, maxed Vivo T5) also expect payment or is fap decay the best one can get at low level?

As I said, pricing your service is a personal choice. I simply have a personal aversion to charging decay-only. At your lvl, charging premium rates won't work of course, but "free" isn't your only option, and I think you'll find your opportunities increasing much more once you've maxed the SK-20(L).

I also find a teleportation chip a must when I fap someone.

:duh: knew I was forgetting some things. Added. Thanks.

But lol - click on my fap is as minimum 1.400 % more expensive. 14 pec/click and more.

Well, there's no getting around the fact that some tools are better than others, but that's no excuse, just a fact. The UR200s, Oxy2500s and Hedoc M-600 all have fine eco, assuming you can get them in decent qty and MU, and would have no problem keeping busy hunters alive. I'm sure there's plenty of customers for those. You just have to price your service accordingly.

I mean it's not like you're trying to offer a healing service using a 2500 dlx.

Yes agree, there is wide area of possible customers and great and aviable tools.
On low to mediunm lvl.
As soon you need to heal 3+ times with UR200 to full hp and knowing that mob cud do a average crit about 280+ then need to use better tool and no more waiting that hunter get damaged second time before healing.
Because of insane skill amount needed for using higher lvl faps with biger decay i still hope ( what was discused few times) that MA rebalance a bit paramedic profession and tools.
And maybe add some buffs so healer cud be even more usefull by healing, buffing.

Last edited:
question, simple and to the point, is this written from the customers bias and point of view. or the fappers?

question, simple and to the point, is this written from the customers bias and point of view. or the fappers?

Sorry, somehow this post skipped my attention, so sorry for the delay in replying.

This thread was made out of my experience as a healer. Also, I've used other heal services during my own hunting, so I feel my information came from both sides of the equation.

However, these are simply my opinions based on my experiences. You may disagree with some parts and that's perfectly fine.

Well written and very informative.
I certainly will take your suggestions into consideration.

Thank you kindly.

/Lock

Thanks. And a friend reminded me that I forgot to mention about armor. Fixed now.

This is all great stuff you need to know to be a healer.

The only thing I would add is I require my fappers to have a vtol hotkeyed. vtols are easiest non-agro vehicle to spawn on bumpy ground. If I get critted, they immediately spawn it and move to safe location at max range of my current gun, and THEN send /pos. Any of the decent fappers I use have this done before my tp chip is even halfway loaded. That allows me to tp without healing and be fully and usually more economically healed before the mob gets to me, gives mob least regen possible, and less armor decay due to new ranged position.

Showing up with full tt faps, a tp 2 chip, ME, and a fueled slep are the most important to me.

This thread needs to be stickied

Last edited:
Every medic ought to read this!

Back