Question About Avatars

You're only allowed one avatar

From the client loader.

2.1. Entropia Universe Account

You can only join an Entropia Universe Planet by creating an Entropia Universe Account that is uniquely associated with Your participation (“Account”). When applying for an Entropia Universe Account You will be asked to fill in a simple form (see below under paragraph 3.1 Account Application and Registration).

To complete the Account registration process, You have to choose a password ("Password") and a username ("Username") (together referred to as “Login Details”), which, subject to MindArk’s approval, will provide You with an access to the Entropia Universe Account that You have registered.

You may only register one Account.

An approved Account will allow You to use the Entropia Universe Starting Area.

An approved Account and a verified e-mail address (see below under paragraph 3.1 Account Application and Registration) will allow You to log into the Entropia Universe Planets. Here, You will be able to interact and exchange Virtual Items with other Participants and/or Non-Participant Character (a.k.a. NPC).

Within the Entropia Universe You will appear as an "Avatar", a virtual persona/alter-ego. Your use of the Entropia Universe Account and all Your activities within Entropia Universe through the Account are regulated by this ToU and related Policies.

From the client loader.

Yes, it's against the rules... uh... unless you somehow manage to get yourself in to one of the 'exceptions' that Mindark ignores and don't get banned in that process... example, Neverdie owns Banker Banker Manager, and has used his wife's avatar after she was deceased... there's others in the upper elchions who manage to use multiples too (there's reasons n e o m a v e n is not able to be listed here as one word with no spaces... and some claim akoz is quetesh, but no one's absolutely proven it yet, at least in what I've read)...

Of course.. no one can prove anything other than MA, and even they don't seem to be able to prove much to themselves, or just blatently ignore the rules or bend the rules for some and not others...

even in cases where folks actually admit to using multiple avatars, such as in the case of Hardrath, MA doesn't raise a finger...

http://!!!!!!!!!!!!!.wordpress.com/2011/03/07/more-multiple-avatar-issues/

Look at the founders:
1. Hardrath
founder1.jpg

2. Hardraths
founder2.jpg

3. Hardraths
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-Rogue-General&p=618013&viewfull=1#post618013

the leader of he NBK (Brendon Slick Gould) who operates my old avatar...

4. Hardraths...
http://www.entropiaplanets.com/forums/threads/scammer-alert-gtf.383/
"The person asked me to meet them in game which I did with my roommate’s avatar. The name of the avatar that I met was “Doctor Jessica Jovansic” "

Rewind to 2005:

Hi,
Thank you very much for the detailed information. However, we are unsure of what exactly do you want us to do with it. Please let us know if there's something we can do to help you.
Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

Hi,
Thank you for your reply. We agree that the behavior that you have described is against our Terms of use (both logon other accounts and posting personal details from other participants). However, we cannot discuss about what meassures were taken with this account at the time of the incident. As you probably remember, we will never discuss any details about other accounts than yours.

You have helped us to maintain the community in the Entropia Universe by reporting misconduct and issues that affect our participants. We thank you for helping us to make Entropia Universe a better place for all and we want to ensure you that all reports are investigated and the appropriate actions are taken, even if you do not agree about this.

I will now close this case but please do not hesitate to contact us again if you should have any further inquiries of feedback.

I wish you a good day in the Entropia Universe!
Kind regards,
Tezla | Planet Calypso Support

Last edited:
has used his wife's avatar after she was deceased...

Yes, saw him complaining about being forced to stop doing that in some interview :coffee:

ok thanks for the info I was just curious because I saw someone say he had 2 accounts on some other forum thanks as always for everyones help :D

You technically should only have one avatar account. The problem some players have is say couples using the same IP but separate accounts. I wonder if you just need to imform MA that two players use the same computer?

You technically should only have one avatar account. The problem some players have is say couples using the same IP but separate accounts. I wonder if you just need to imform MA that two players use the same computer?

couples sharing IPs would never try to scam anyone... just ask the Patriots. ;)

Anyone who is a high uber and owns property/generates MA tons of money is allowed to have 2. The rest of us noobs can only legally have one :silly2:

so you cant ask MA for another ava anymore? you could in the past if you had a hangar or similar.

You shouldnt make a second avatar, even if MA will not find out. Its just wrong!

Kimmi sums it up pretty well. You can do it and get away with it but why bother?

Surely it's better invest any time and peds you have in one place - like IRL really.

If you look at why MA lifted the sweating cap it was because people made whole socs from multiple avas to keep sweating.

Multiples are wrong. Period.

Multiples are wrong. Period.

OK, I'm playing Devil's Advocate here .... but I actually don't see the logic.

I can see that multiples are wrong when they can gain multiple gifts and rewards that are intended only for single avatars (one of the reasons why the WoW economy was such a mess), but I'm not sure that I see any other problems.

One issue is that multiples might be played together to gain advantage, but that happens anyway when couples play together or when society members cooperate.

Most people on these forums seem to back the idea that richer avatars can have multiple voting rights through purchase (not that I necessarily agree with that).

So .... wrong. Why?

[And I hasten to say that I have only one avatar!]

So .... wrong. Why?

Go back and re-read the post I made earlier in this thread about Hardrath... especially the youtube video... This guy used multiples to create multiple societies that he himself ran. A few years later he had earned the trust of many in those socities. Shortly after that, he created an 'investment fund', and then left the game for about a year with all those folk's cash. Think it was like 2-5k usd or so that he took... He claims that he didn't come back because of a busted laptop, but in the mean time he had friends that played EU nearby that he talks with all the time since he actually calls folks up on cell phones and stuff irl... and at least one of the multiples was logging in regularly during that year of his absence I think...

Just a few months prior to the year he was gone, he had mentioned hard economic times irl due to job situation irl... so the whole 'oops my laptop broke after I had the money' excuse just doesn't seem too legit.

He did finally come back in game, and claims to have made good on paying back most of the borrowed money, with interest... but I don't think he paid them all back?... Even if he did, it is just an example of the type of trust scam that multiple avatar use could lead to, even if it didn't necessarily end up all going completely 100% wrong in this situation...

What's almost laughable about the Hardrath thing is that Mindark was made aware of it, and decided to do nothing... almost giving approval to that sort of scam... and then amplified that approval in multiple ways on various levels (allowing multiples with the gateway for the 'mentors' before the mentor system came up - indicating to complete n00bs that it might be ok to have multiple avatars, not doing anything about other multiples that various folks have reported, allowing employees of MA or PPs to have more than one avatar such as Jan's witchspade, Neverdie, etc.). If they are going to make a universal rule, such as only one avatar per person, they need to uphold it for ALL, both internal and external...

Last edited:
The game has to be worthy of real and new players, not a bunch of avas who are trying to squeeze limited resources.

As long as this happens, and is allowed to happen, this game is weak.

Let me tell you, I have witheld many many thousands of peds from it because I have little faith in it.

The true test of any game - or any commercial prospect - is not in the frauds, but in the people that want to participate.

Encourage these, you have a project.

WoF is one of the good things about this game: players with an idea to make it more fun.

What is lacking is the ability to to take it further. Don't slag of the doers.

Back