VU 9.4 vs VU 12.4

Which version of EU did(do) you enjoy more?

• VU 9.4

Votes: 132 58.7%
  • VU 12.4

Votes: 93 41.3%

• Total voters
even the graphics were better in 9.4. When though, did EU start being managed by retards....it used to be so professional and balanced, with lots of people.

Choose which EU you enjoy(ed) more :) Also post your reasoning if you can...

True Juan :bandit:

Subtle intimidation there... + rep for that.

I have no other reason except on my noobness to prefer THIS VU, with all its faults and failings because.... because....

It is what we have in front us and what we have to work with.

Anything else is nostalgia.

I started my salon exactly in 9.4 and avatar beauty services were going great then...so I choose 9.4.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/5/2/1/2/LG1-a.jpg
Subtle intimidation there... + rep for that.

I have no other reason except on my noobness to prefer THIS VU, with all its faults and failings because.... because....

It is what we have in front us and what we have to work with.

Anything else is nostalgia.

Nostalgia could be good. We had some things that have been lost, especially with MF.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/5/2/1/2/biorank.jpghttps://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/5/2/1/2/LG1-a.jpg

Lots of new things gained though, even so I really miss the way things were in other areas. Such is the way of progress.

even the graphics were better in 9.4. When though, did EU start being managed by retards....it used to be so professional and balanced, with lots of people.

Whatever it is you're smoking mate, please pass it around... Did you EVER send a support case back then?

Whatever it is you're smoking mate, please pass it around... Did you EVER send a support case back then?

Wasn't Kim|Mindark was in charge (or at least working) in support back then... that's what his LinkedIn profile says.

Just take the time to read through the Version Updates since August 2009 and would you really give all that up?

More stable loot
Better PK Skils (nowadays "auto-aim" sucks)
Shit actually had markup

VS

Good Grafs
More diversity (planet-wise)

So yea i think I wouldnt mind some stuff from the Good ol' VU being brought back

Is's an impossible choice for me to make. I'd choose both and neither for difference reasons.

I'd give up CE2 graphics and vehicles and space and whatever to get back that overpopulated argo pasture north of Twins that literally did ooze with loot :)

The world definitely looks nicer now and there are lots of new stuff, but after all these years since vu10 I still feel like a tourist who can't get home.

the main reason u guys are going to like 9.4 vs 12.4 is you could have the ability to ATH

those days are gone... i dont think MA made offical statement... but i will say they are offically gone...

Good by ATH... welcome 1k pedders :(
(note maybe once a month or couple times a year we will see ATH....but the good old days are gone)

:ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh:

oh and all you lucky enough to make the ATH list... screw you...

:wise::wise::wise::wise:

I can sometimes miss the old days as well but when you think about the things we have now that we didn't have back then id say that we are in a better situation today. After all, chasing down a fleeing noob with a helicopter is pretty neat.

What I miss has more to do with the games atmosphere, something is lacking and that's one thing I want to look into during the coming year.

I can sometimes miss the old days as well but when you think about the things we have now that we didn't have back then id say that we are in a better situation today. After all, chasing down a fleeing noob with a helicopter is pretty neat.

What I miss has more to do with the games atmosphere, something is lacking and that's one thing I want to look into during the coming year.

......... damn it lost half my message when i edited it :(((.........
something about me playing for many years... and seeing such a drastic change recently...

and then talking about MY returns... and My friends returns...

talking 100,000$ a year LOSSES! thats not right... not 100k peds... 100,000$ a year

100-300$ a day losses...
low end 100 x 365 = 36k$
high end 300 x 365 = 109k$

bring back more consistant returns...

of course i wont let it get to 100k$$ loss... after my last 1500$ loss in short period of time... i am stuck...

I would also suggest look INTO MELEE hunting... gotta be some kinda inbalance... (unbalance...)

I am sole melee hunter for many years now... and i can tell something distrubingly has changed...
and maybe the balance team didnt catch it because there are soooo few melee hunters...

but something went wrong...

after the 19th... it is clear as day... seems about the time MA went on Vacation... glad they are back today or tomorrow

http://entropiatracker.com/viewMob.asp?MobID=85

http://entropiatracker.com/viewMob.asp?MobID=334

p.s. Kim i think your doing a fantastic job... so nothing against you...

and i understand nothing is for free... and i intend on paying which i do... but when i feel taken advantage of... or ripped off... this really is upsetting...

something needs to change! please look into melee... because i went from 80%+ returns to 20-40% returns with SUPER eco weapon... MAXED and 220 hp... hunting high traffic mobs like Atrox... Aulri... Rex... Levis...

Last edited:
No option for cfd? Not old enough to off played that version :ahh:

p.s.s.

it may sound like i am bitching... but i am not...

I am more worried about the game I love for the last MANY years...

I know i can not sustain 100-300$ losses each day... and i have the disposable income...

so if the world economies are as they portray them... i am assuming others wont have 100-300$ a day to lose...

which means many will be turned off to playing and we are introuble...

I have many assets in game... and skills

I am raising a stink because i want them to be worth something a year from now...

the main reason u guys are going to like 9.4 vs 12.4 is you could have the ability to ATH

those days are gone... i dont think MA made offical statement... but i will say they are offically gone...

Good by ATH... welcome 1k pedders :(
(note maybe once a month or couple times a year we will see ATH....but the good old days are gone)

:ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh:

This would actually be an interesting thing. BTW, I only think they are trying out a new distribution system to see if it works well. Maybe have very small HOFs, and huge ATHs? If it doesnt work they'll switch back, dont worry... It all just depends on what brings in more money :)

You sure do need to work on the atmosphere. The game does not feel the same. Yes graphics are awesome, some other features are very cool aswell, but the feeling of joy and a "home" feel to it is somehow gone. I dont know everything thats missing, but there are so many SMALL things that made this thing a great game. Imho a lot of systems are getting destroyed and oversimplyfied for the "kids" too :)

BTW, I loved the old port atlantis+swamp, and a totally hate it now :) And thats were I spent most of my time in EU. Since the last upgrade to the Port Atlantis + Swamp area I log in rarely (once/twice in 2 weeks).

Bring back the old background music and make sure that avatars can talk again and all the mysterious and deserted places you could visit.
Bring back the old Minopolis and give back one of the oldest cities of their status then I thinking of Janson.

VU 9.4

VU 12.4

:scratch2:

hmmmmm, i clicked for VU 12.4 but i have some nice memories about 9. VUs

Last edited:
p.s.s.

it may sound like i am bitching... but i am not...

I am more worried about the game I love for the last MANY years...

I know i can not sustain 100-300$ losses each day... and i have the disposable income...

so if the world economies are as they portray them... i am assuming others wont have 100-300$ a day to lose...

which means many will be turned off to playing and we are introuble...

I have many assets in game... and skills

I am raising a stink because i want them to be worth something a year from now...

since i am laying it on the table... screw it here you go...

when this hof came...
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/5/1/6/6/gigantic_upload.jpg
I had 50k$ left in game (1/20/2010)
(90k on card... 20k in amps and minerals... 30k from hof+shadow SGA about 70k peds in value at the time + niflhiem TT+30k or 40k peds total... 200k peds in skills at the time...+other shit in storage...)

Now i have at best 20k$ left in game... (1/9/2012)
UL rainbow... empty storage.... half broken grem armour... and 220 hp and skills...
so in 2 years... beacause of bad loots... and losses from hunting/mining... and losses from items... i lost about 30k$

now I see only 1k peds coming around... no chance to make back those huge losses :(

you may say... joker you had a ton of hofs... and ubers
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...Looted-Items&p=2868563&viewfull=1#post2868563

yea those at best lately broke me even for a hunt...

so i am pleading my case... please fix loot or look into Melee... something Catastrophic has happened

oh and deposited 1,000$ in the last 1 or 2 months
and empty storage which had a few 1000 peds in it

Last edited:
The game def became more expensive to play ... even at very low level. I skilled up to 2k rifle skill with my opalo+a101 at Atlas Haven in the old days and it only cost me about 100ped.... and I played that 100ped for many months. i cant see a newbie doing that these days.

A lot of the new additions are great tho:

new planets
more mobs
more items
vehicles
space
more mf
missions

But we have lost a lot along the way too... kerberos for one;)

To bad you didn't include pre-VU 9

VU 9 is when it all changed, skills, peds in loots, amp nerfs and the like.
Overall, I like it better now for what it has to offer and the diversity of things. Lots of extras for sure.

I would love to see it go back to how it used to be as far as functionality, fair return of skills for losses etc.... I think back then MA was in the black too.... makes ya wonder :scratch2:

I can only agree about atmosphere, that is something I miss hugely now. I loved the "unexplored planet" vibe much more, when there were hunting outposts with no auctioneers, and every trip almost felt like an expedition, not a hunt in a resort.

I thought, the written backstories of some key events, and their relevance to game itemization was really cool. When the (L) came along, a lot of that got lost. Whats the story behind unlimited SIB weapons? Who created them? What technology was used? Who are the people responsible for that? How Feffoids got their hands on Korss supply for all the Calypso? Space corporations? Was it Chikara who created warp drive tech? Or Omegaton? Or Genesis Star?
These 3 corps need to be expanded on. If it someday even comes to it - maybe playable factions?
In short - I think there is a lot of unexplored possibilities in lorecrafting area, that is hugely important for any MMO franchise.

And finally - a cruicial element in creating atmosphere is the soundtrack to the game. This area REALLY needs to be looked at. There IS a reason why people create their own radio stations, or play their own soundtracks. The old minimalistic and somewhat crude ambient sountrack from Project Entropia days fitted the game much better, than the current over-bloated collection of various pop-ey tunes. It lacks coherency and context, and there is no "vibe" as a result. It is sad, that I have to play soundtrack from "other" games, if I want to somehow create a vibe for for some activities. Like driving a buggy through the desert area of Eudoria to soundtrack of Borderlands. Streaming custom music, and creating individual soundtracks is nice of course, but I REALLY prefer developer's vision usually, and in extremely rare cases I turn off game music. Sadly EU is one of those - music in "options" menu has been off for me for 4 years now.

More stable loot

I have heard many rumors about this being back, but I haven't really dared believing it myself... however, with my hunting lately I have to say it feels like this is true so far :)

make sure that avatars can talk again

Kim hinted in another thread that he is working on this :) unless I badly misinterpreted his post :laugh:

BTW, I loved the old port atlantis+swamp, and a totally hate it now :) And thats were I spent most of my time in EU. Since the last upgrade to the Port Atlantis + Swamp area I log in rarely (once/twice in 2 weeks).

Which of the swamps? My favourite version was the one just post-VU10, since the current one sucks... Also, Puny mobs should not be the mob put in for sweating, they're useless for it (although they are great for giving newbie hunters a very cheap option).

This is something I have been posting quite often, that swamp camp should be changed back to how it was before... and more importantly, it should be changed to 3 outposts between PA and Orthos (Nus Lull, Swamp Camp and the Daikiba one to the east) instead of 7 outposts as it is now, since people are too spread out... Swamp Camp should have an open field, all terminals, roads leading to it, be close to water and have loads of small Combibo for sweating.

Which of the swamps? My favourite version was the one just post-VU10, since the current one sucks... Also, Puny mobs should not be the mob put in for sweating, they're useless for it (although they are great for giving newbie hunters a very cheap option).

I loved the VU9.4 the most. I actually liked the post VU10 version too. And the one I HATE(and yes, I trully do hate it) is the one we have now :) It really does suck...

Ah yes, I miss PA being a hub too :) spamming my salon on the stairs leading up the back wall.

I loved the VU9.4 the most. I actually liked the post VU10 version too. And the one I HATE(and yes, I trully do hate it) is the one we have now :) It really does suck...

YEEEAH give us back the swamp camp with the colimbos and the little lake and the few more experienced players there buying for 5 peds/k!

ahhh the memories

Great Kim, my thougths :D

Nice to see there is someone who understand how most of us feels.

Its funny I was thinking about comparison vu9.4 vs vu10+ few days back, now we have a thread about it :D
And yes I miss old times, as everyone. But I think eu is way better now.
Yes, game sometimes crashes, sometimes is laggy, sometimes buggy, but in overall - MA did lot of good work ina past 2 yrs.

What Im missing - is some nice detail here and there. You have excellent and very creative graphics designers Kim. They are capable to breath in more atmosphere into EU.
I have no worries about that.

And to OP:
vu 9.4 is my birth time, and it always will. Its like a childhood of my ava, and every time I look back, I smile and I feel good.
Actual VU is state of one great game I really enjoy plaiyng.

Back