Introduce humor in to Entropia Universe.

Mariko Ninja

Prowler
Society
The Gladiators
Mariko Ninja Torranaga
Hi everyone, this is something I have been thinking about for a while.
It started when I was hunting atrox. I whas shooting one and another atrox came running to also attack me. But this one went real fast and all hyper running to me. This cracked me up at the time and still does once in a while. Like he was saying, “Oh yeah bring it on bitch ! I’m going to own you so bad !” Just loved it and laughed for a while. This also put me in a better mood en took the game less serious.

Now here is my idea.
How about Mindark programs some random jokes into the game that pop up now and then.
Not often but randomly more like finding dung or stones with with the option to turn this off.
Now here are some samples that I think would be funny.

While driving in your vehicle, all of a sudden you hear a big bang and air rushing out of a flat tire.
No real flat, just the sound of it. Imagine the face of the driver and or passenger.

When taking off with an VTOL your engine back fires with a big bang. Surprising you and other around you. Again, only sound, no real damage.

Avatar all of a sudden goes angry and slams and kick an apparently mail functioning terminal or storage.

Avatar stands at auctions and lifts one side of his/her bottom and farts. :D

Avatar running, slips or trips and goes flat on his face or back. Standing up and whipping his/her bottom quickly clean, curses and runs again.

Creature attacking you slips or trips and falls on his face. Stands up, shakes his head and continues to attack.

Avatar shooting an carbine or blp rifle and loses his/her balance and falls on his her bottom.
Stands up and continues to shoot.

Miner drops a probe/bomb but the tool jams, avatar starts hitting on the tool then continues a little later.

Crafter is crafting and all of a sudden a big bang and smoke come from the crafting machine.
Meanwhile crafting continues only sound and smoke show, no interruptions.

After revival avatar get’s upset and looks directly into the camera at you,
like he/she is saying, “What the hell ? Heal dumbass !”

When attacking a creature avatar turns around and look up directly at you and lifts both arms
like he/she is saying, “Do I really have to ? Ok if that is what you want !”

If this would be done and it would not pop up so much every time I would love it.
I would not even mind if it would delay my game play a bit or even take a little extra decay from it.
But I do know that Mindark most likely will never implement this, but it would make playing
Entropia Universe more fun.

Please leave your comments and other idea's for jokes here. :D

Last edited:
Zupid Humanz?

That all sounds interesting and amusing. I even giggled a bit...Sadly MA officially removed all fun from EU in VU 9.3 and it hasnt been seen since. I think it all got thrown out with Marcos old couch where it was tucked under the cussions to keep it hidden. (Altho rumor has it that couch was taken to the Castle MA bought years ago)

Alot of this was lost and made the game more dull when ma decided to change various sounds and emotes, there was a tipsy and some run in place emote that were a lil silly and when you went to chat your ava had its own pe language. A few others that sucks that they removed was the whistle pm noise and the older eu music. :rolleyes:

Hopefully MA will bring back the babble eventually!

Yes, more FUN and may some jokes are need. Eu lost since vu10 near all of the nice things we was like. At moment it feel like just click... click ... oh and ofc using autoclick... but not much fun is left. I like the idea of the OP.

Will dance for ped...

the guy in the plane..

jason's mask at jason's centre

I guess they fired the guy making the jokes.

some funny stuff suggested, yes some easter eggs could be nice.

Like when you dive a vehicle over 100KM/h the skin is pulling backwards and eyes are popping out. (Or when going in warp)

Or when crashing vehicle, smacking your face against the steering wheel and rubbing forehead.

When charging a firestorm chip and you wait to long to fire it, ava makes a gesture like his hand is getting too hot.

I think a lot of the players have had a sense of humour failure since vu10 :laugh:

I would love to see avatars slapping tools/terminals once in a while. will make anyone giggle :}

can't MA at least change item description with some humor sentences ? I rememer there were that kind in anarchy online and WOW.

I'm still 1 year old player, I wish I could have experienced the pre VU10 era;}

I'm still 1 year old player, I wish I could have experienced the pre VU10 era;}

Some fun times were had back then. Eye Candy has replaced a lot of the fun things.

I think a lot of the players have had a sense of humour failure since vu10 :laugh:

Yes, players and MA+ both.

Yes, let's have more jokes, more earthiness, less 'let's not do this because it might offend someone', more balls, less 'don't do this because it's going to cost us pecs'.

And, since it is still just panto time: 'It's behind you'. The fart, that is.

Yes, we all need more humor in the game...would make it a lot more fun and even want to deposit even more - plug for MA to start reading thread. But I got to say there is some humor around here..Yesterday I just found out that you can buy a shower and USE it!!! That cracked me up big time!! :)

No no, all fun in EU has been reduced to calling a truck a helicopter and vice versa.

With MA pretending to enter the big business market and their internal structure no longer flat, if a feature doesn't bring in a single direct earning, it just won't be implemented. That is who calls the shots today: greedy and unimaginative folk with no perspective for the long-term growth. (Ban me, if you must).

Luckily the players themselves and the humor in this forum brighten this game up a lot :)

Avatar running, slips or trips and goes flat on his face or back. Standing up and whipping his/her bottom quickly clean, curses and runs again.

Avatar shooting an carbine or blp rifle and loses his/her balance and falls on his her bottom.

I can already see the complaint thread if something like the above was implemented - especially during events like Merry Mayhem. ;)

Funny thread though and some nice ideas.

Two missions I remember having humour were the bartender quest in the hunt for the beer shipment and Adam's Love.

People tend to shed tears more than laugh in this game.

There is a phone in one of the buildings of New Harlem (Rocktropia) where you can make a few funny phonecalls. It was a nice surprise to find it. And yes, we need more random funny things in game.

How about Mindark programs some random jokes into the game that pop up now and then.

This would take creativity on the part of the development team.

Sadly, the only thing perversely humorous about EU is the cost to play.

People tend to shed tears more than laugh in this game.

Hi everyone, this is something I have been thinking about for a while.
It started when I was hunting atrox. I whas shooting one and another atrox came running to also attack me. But this one went real fast and all hyper running to me. This cracked me up at the time and still does once in a while. Like he was saying, “Oh yeah bring it on bitch ! I’m going to own you so bad !” Just loved it and laughed for a while. This also put me in a better mood en took the game less serious.

Now here is my idea.
Not often but randomly more like finding dung or stones with with the option to turn this off.
Now here are some samples that I think would be funny.

While driving in your vehicle, all of a sudden you hear a big bang and air rushing out of a flat tire.
No real flat, just the sound of it. Imagine the face of the driver and or passenger

When taking off with an VTOL your engine back fires with a big bang. Surprising you and other around you. Again, only sound, no real damage.

Avatar all of a sudden goes angry and slams and kick an apparently mail functioning terminal or storage.

Avatar stands at auctions and lifts one side of his/her bottom and farts. :D

Creature attacking you slips or trips and falls on his face. Stands up, shakes his head and continues to attack.

Miner drops a probe/bomb but the tool jams, avatar starts hitting on the tool then continues a little later.

Crafter is crafting and all of a sudden a big bang and smoke come from the crafting machine.
Meanwhile crafting continues only sound and smoke show, no interruptions.

After revival avatar get’s upset and looks directly into the camera at you,
like he/she is saying, “What the hell ? Heal dumbass
!”

When attacking a creature avatar turns around and look up directly at you and lifts both arms
like he/she is saying, “Do I really have to ? Ok if that is what you want !”

If this would be done and it would not pop up so much every time I would love it.
I would not even mind if it would delay my game play a bit or even take a little extra decay from it.
But I do know that Mindark most likely will never implement this, but it would make playing
Entropia Universe more fun.

Please leave your comments and other idea's for jokes here. :D

I love those..I always thought of these while hunting and different ones...

like when an amp breaks or weapon breaks.avatar automatically makes mad emote "say Dammit!"

Or a funny "Beep Beep" sound on Vtols..

Oh Heck can't remember all I think as I go..But Yes totally agree!..+REP :laugh:

How about when you spawn a land vehicle, you occasionally (like one time in a thousand) get a horse and cart with accompanying "Steptoe and Son" theme tune. It might make some of the older British players laugh at least.

Back