PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiningSkeptic View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That it's hard to appraise values of item trades.

Say we make a trade, I'm making up numbers now, I give you a mm and 30k PED for a modfap. Was the modfap sold to me for 150k? 30k? 300k?

Edit: Perhaps I just lack enough knowledge and insight.
    It's a fair point. I think the most accurate trades are when an item is exchanged for pure ped. There will always be a slight disagreement of the value of items included in a trade. That said, it's usually slight, and the trade value is usually pretty accurate.
    Last edited by sachi.mk2; 11-07-2014 at 22:42.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Daniel Danimal Diep
    Society
    AoE - Agents of Entropy
    Blog Entries
    Images

Say we make a trade, I'm making up numbers now, I give you a mm and 30k PED for a modfap. Was the modfap sold to me for 150k? 30k? 300k?

Players make up the mark up value of items. If both parties that are involved with the trade agree to the price then that is the price of said item(s). Say I post up a sale for a piece of gear that I want 120k for, and the buyer wants to give me peds plus some item worth 10k. Does this mean the sale took place for 110k and the item was a free item? No, not necessarily, because the seller would have had to agree to its worth in order to accept the trade face value. This sort of thing happens often for high end pieces of gear/equipment because people don't generally have a lot of peds laying around but they do have items worth value. This same concept applies to trading a used vehicle in for a new one. The salesman will make an offer on the old, in order for you to take the new. A great example of this applied in game is fap upgrade/downgrade sales.

~Danimal

Laser pee-shooter master L92

Looking for: Corn Sail
    2013 Goals/ Rent my gear/ Juicy June! & FREE Mining Amps

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Adrian Adi Martis
    Society
    Agents of Entropy
    Images

You got a good point there and that is the reason I tried to reduce number of entries in the list that contain item trades. I received far more such deals then I put in the list.

I don't want to remove the existing deals involving items because at that time, I knew the value of the items involved in trade was correct. When there was an item involved I specified the estimated value of it at that time, either by these exact same words or by a "~".
    Adi's Healing Service - Improved Omegaton Fast Aid Pack
    Add Adrian Adi Martis on FL from Player Register for later use

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12