Help: Best ECO Equipment to start hunting argonauts

5partacu5

Young
Hello guys ,

This is my first post on this forum.

I have 1 month played on this game and atm im lvl 9 laser sniper Hit .

I was thinking to start my solo argonaut hunting but i dont know how to start :(

I need some help with wich armor i should use and gun :(

on armor i was thinking on "rascal" but gun i dont know yet, maybe you guys can help with more exp on this game.

Bye bye!!!

A Breer M1a + A101 or A102 is good, a Breer M2a will also get the job done. With the amps a A102 is more eco than an A101 on both the guns.
As for armour, if you want to keep your paramedic skills progessing at the same time, try using Pixie or Gnome, they have good impact protection.
With Pixie you'll start to have trouble (with a small FAP and M1a/M2a) at the Gatherer maturity most likely. With Gnome it'll be slightly easier.
If you Plan on just hunting Young - Scout, I'd recommend you stick with Pixie or Gnome, good armours and they'll both be more eco than Rascal for little Argonauts.
Rascal over protects for just Youngs, meaning it'll be rather un-eco to use.

Good luck hunting and hope this advice helps. :)

Have you graduated your discipleship yet? Adjusted Pixie (which you get for free upon graduation) is a great armor for these guys. If not, use regular pixie until you get you free adjusted set. If you do not currently have a mentor, get one immediately! Free armor & car for doing what you were going to do anyway!

Use the biggest gun (Breer, Riker, Isis LR/HL) and amp (use only a10x amps, not the e-amps or limited ones) you can use. Be sure the gun says "not anymore" on the SIB. If it's "Not yet", you're throwing piles of cash in the garbage, and if it's "Yes" you get increased skill gains, but reduced hit/damage (not worth it IMO). To see how much markup reduces your damage per pec, consult the Entropedia Weapon Compare page.

For healing, try to only heal between kills, and not during. For between kills, the best eco fap you'll be able to get (and soon max out) is the Herb Box. You should be able to find one on auction for tt+2 or less. For emergency healing during combat, use the highest vivo you have maxed. Do NOT use a vivo as a combat fap if it's not maxed out - the Herb Box will probably give you more heal/second. Herb Box is better than the TT Vivo (T1), so don't use the T1 ever.

Most importantly, be sure you get the Iron Mission chain from Mission Broker Sandor Bauer (76816,79117). If you plan to kill a lot of these guys, you'll get free attributes, and if you manage to do all 16,600 you'll get a huge boost in your evader level with the Combat Reflexes reward they give.

Good luck!

Hello guys ,

This is my first post on this forum.

I have 1 month played on this game and atm im lvl 9 laser sniper Hit .

I was thinking to start my solo argonaut hunting but i dont know how to start :(

I need some help with wich armor i should use and gun :(

on armor i was thinking on "rascal" but gun i dont know yet, maybe you guys can help with more exp on this game.

Bye bye!!!

Hows your damage profession? If you have at least 8, you are maxed on Breer M2a(L), so thats what you should use, together with A102 amp. You want to keep upgarding to bigger guns as you max these until you reach Riker UL1/UL2 at least.

If you have pixie, it would work for argonauts too, no need to buy rascal.

Hello guys again ,

I start by buying rascal, i just miss thighs and face part now , i know is a little expensive but with rascal i have more a lot mobs to hunt than only argo youngs you know?

remontoire im LVL9 atm - and i dont know what gun to use yet :( , but i was thinking what other post saying , like breer m2a with A102

Thank you guys all for advices ,

if im doing something wrong plz tell me :)

bye bye all

Imho, I would go gremlin from day one. I've tried pixie, gnome, rascal, ghost, etc. but the extra durability beats them all (close second might be kobold, but I haven't tried it myself.) I'd say I save roughly 50% at least compared to the other armors. With 5b's, you can safely hunt up to small aurli or leviathan.

For guns, I went with the CB13 for argonauts, but I had to chip in skills to use it.

I'm lvl 49 and my main hunting armor is still rascal (+ plates ofc). I own pretty eco armor all around since I have Bear, Gremlin, and Rascal. It is a great armor for cheap and it can double up as a bot armor with some plates. The decay is great on it and I have no complaints. On youngs-scout, you probably will never have to heal which is nice unless you are wanting to build paramedic skills. I prefer to just chip those in and hunt without having to heal.

If you want to work on paramedic skills, look into adj. pixie, regular pixie, gnome, or kobold. Good luck :D

"Hypnotyk
I'm lvl 49 and my main hunting armor is still rascal (+ plates ofc). I own pretty eco armor all around since I have Bear, Gremlin, and Rascal. It is a great armor for cheap and it can double up as a bot armor with some plates. The decay is great on it and I have no complaints. On youngs-scout, you probably will never have to heal which is nice unless you are wanting to build paramedic skills. I prefer to just chip those in and hunt without having to heal. "

Then Hypnotyk i made good choise with buying rascal right? :p

but im not sure about gun yet, i was thinking breer m2a with A102 - what you guys more exp say about this?

"Hypnotyk
I'm lvl 49 and my main hunting armor is still rascal (+ plates ofc). I own pretty eco armor all around since I have Bear, Gremlin, and Rascal. It is a great armor for cheap and it can double up as a bot armor with some plates. The decay is great on it and I have no complaints. On youngs-scout, you probably will never have to heal which is nice unless you are wanting to build paramedic skills. I prefer to just chip those in and hunt without having to heal. "

Then Hypnotyk i made good choise with buying rascal right? :p

but im not sure about gun yet, i was thinking breer m2a with A102 - what you guys more exp say about this?

I personally would say so :D It's awesome man, my favorite armor that I own. I would prefer gremlin if the TT on it wasn't so damn high.. I feel like it's so much PED tied in the TT value itself that it appeals less to me :S It is a good armor however and I do recommend it later on the road.

I use pistols so I can't really put much input on rifles, but I know that the popular route is to go with breers +a102 until you can max the riker UL 1,2, and eventually 3. Good luck and maybe I'll see you around in game :D

Humm... i think i did something wrong :(

i Buy rascal unL and i saw ppl saying L is better... so i fail on that part???? i did mistake buying unL????

bahh it hapens when we´r new on games :(

Depends.. The L version is probably more eco (i'm a bit too lazy to check tbh) but I for one, hate having to worry about buying new armor pieces when they run out. I rather just buy the set upfront and get it over with. I'll repair after each hunt and I can tier my armor whenever it is ready. Some people say tiering up low level armor isn't worth it, which might be true, but I like the skills and the additional protection it provides.

That being said, I guess I am not giving you the best answers for ECO hunting, but I am giving you some insight what has worked for me :p

IMO, eco is paying as close to TT while using maxed gear with as little fap/armor decay as possible.

EU is dynamic, what you put into the system reflects what you get in return. Markup doesn't go into the system, it goes to another player, as such the system will not give you a return on markup spent (aside from markup in loot which you'll get just the same as if you didn't pay markup). It even seems at time that lower DMG/PEC results in rarer loots (resulting in higher markup in the loot window). As such, if you're maxed on the weapon, for being "ECO", it's TT DMG/PEC is irrelevant (call me crazy but I've even hunted regularly with an E-Amp 15). Markup is KING.

Your best bet to avoid armor/fap decay is using a weapon with high enough damage per second to take the mob down before it gets a chance to damage you.

I've been hunting argo naked with First Gen Electric Attack VI, when the mob gets within pistol range, if need be I'll switch to a higher dps pistol, here's a markup sink as the pistol is (L), once it's down to <25-30 hitpoints I'll switch to some melee weapon from Ancient Greece's TT (Labrys/Falx/Laconion). Avoid agroing more than one at a time and in between kills, top of your health with an Herb Box. If I do need to heal during combat I'll use my Regeneration Chip VI (even though it's lower heal/pec than some SIB fap, it is UL which means I'm paying 0 markup and the skills are worth considerably more if/when I sell them, combined I think these two aspects make it a better choice than paying markup for an SIB (L) fap.).

Humm... i think i did something wrong :(

i Buy rascal unL and i saw ppl saying L is better... so i fail on that part???? i did mistake buying unL????

bahh it hapens when we´r new on games :(

No I think you did ok with Rascal unlim.

Alternative is Gnome +2a, and you can take the 2a plates off if you find you can cope without them.

Weapon, Riker ul1/2/3 when you are maxed on them, or the Breer series (pistol or rifle) - all good.

Good luck!

:sniper:

Thank you guys all , im so glad to get help from exp players :)

But im only lvl 9 , i think im to low for ul1 :(

ill try breer m2a im maxed her and by fowllow your posts , i think is my best choice for me atm.

Breer m2a + A102

Since you already have Rascal:

• Justifier Mk.II+A104 for long range until they enter pistol range
  • EP-40+A104
  • Fap-50 for emergencies
  • 4-5 Herb box for fapping between mobs OR
  • TT fap if can't afford that many herb boxes

Stick to youngs-old. One mob at a time. Don't let them gang up you too much.

I know folks will say that you don't have the skills for those guns. They will say this isn't an eco setup.

Try it for a few hunts anyway (until your pistol's A104 has completely decayed at least 4-5 times). You'll only spend about 150 ped in markup, and if it doesn't work for you, you can sell and get most that MU back.

Humm im getting to many option from your post guys

i promise ill check all your option you guys put here.

thanks for post jonh that gun is unl and i prefer unl things

lets see if i alry have skill or not

im new on game, only lvl9

But for sure this threat ill help more ppl in my situation

thanks

I need some help with wich armor i should use and gun

imo the est combo armor/gun you can use to take one down with out the need to heal during the fight. lots of respawn will require a panic fap in the case you cant use like a sk-20 a none sib fap will work to like a fap 50 or 80.

try the little Argo just north of twin around the service centers, if you go in to the hills a little more north you will find larger Argo up to a random Argo Hunter, best to just stay out of his way.

give pixie with a m3a/amp a shot

it would be wise to bookmark the two pages below and spend some time on them
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Chart.aspx?chart=Weapon
http://www.entropiawiki.com/ArmorAdviser.aspx

From what I can see hunters are not compensated for armor decay when hunting such small mobs to be really eco its best to kill them naked once your skills allow for it.

I will also add I like to hunt them with a p5a/ lr41 naked with a sk-20 to heal up when I need to, I also don't bother with tagging, I body pull everything I can and focus on kills/hour over eco. I have also done many hunts trying to be all eco in the past and really don't see much of a difference in total returns even with lots of overkill. I am inclined to say the system compensates for overkill at some level, That or my overkill is compensated by my almost never needing to heal or repair armor as I did with the eco hunts.

if that's the case to be eco you want to do as much damage as you can at first and once the mob is under 1 shot use a smaller gun until you are holding a tt handgun for the final blow, without armor.

• EP-40+A104

Dont know why you are recommending that as a choice to a new player. I wouldnt even use them at my level.

The rest is ok advice though.

"imo the est combo armor/gun you can use to take one down with out the need to heal during the fight. lots of respawn will require a panic fap in the case you cant use like a sk-20 a none sib fap will work to like a fap 50 or 80.

try the little Argo just north of twin around the service centers, if you go in to the hills a little more north you will find larger Argo up to a random Argo Hunter, best to just stay out of his way.

give pixie with a m3a/amp a shot

it would be wise to bookmark the two pages below and spend some time on them
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Chart.aspx?chart=Weapon
http://www.entropiawiki.com/ArmorAdviser.aspx

From what I can see hunters are not compensated for armor decay when hunting such small mobs to be really eco its best to kill them naked once your skills allow for it.

I will also add I like to hunt them with a p5a/ lr41 naked with a sk-20 to heal up when I need to, I also don't bother with tagging, I body pull everything I can and focus on kills/hour over eco. I have also done many hunts trying to be all eco in the past and really don't see much of a difference in total returns even with lots of overkill. I am inclined to say the system compensates for overkill at some level, That or my overkill is compensated by my almost never needing to heal or repair armor as I did with the eco hunts.

if that's the case to be eco you want to do as much damage as you can at first and once the mob is under 1 shot use a smaller gun until you are holding a tt handgun for the final blow, without armor. "

i wish i could do that Aeris , but i´ve hunting in team with my brother naked with opalo against argo youngs , ans sometime when they hit like 2 or 3 in row is very hard for ous :( maybe i have low health yet..... so my point is if almost die with 2 in team for sure i cant alone :(

but very nice strat on there Aeris , thansk for tips maybe when i get more lvl can hunting them naked , who knows :p

there is a big difference in HUNT and KILL a mob.

ofc u can kill mob with a lot of fapping and a lot of decay, but all those things will eat up ur pedcard like pacman.
so if u cant HUNT em on eco basis u maybe should go one level lower and hunt dakibas / shinkibas.

i wish i could do that Aeris , but i´ve hunting in team with my brother naked with opalo against argo youngs , ans sometime when they hit like 2 or 3 in row is very hard for ous :( maybe i have low health yet..... so my point is if almost die with 2 in team for sure i cant alone :(
but very nice strat on there Aeris , thansk for tips maybe when i get more lvl can hunting them naked , who knows :p

once you can max out on a lr32 you can drop them before they even get to you, to get any gains in evade at that point you end up body pulling a few at once, blow them up and with a click on the fap as you run up to the next group. it wont take you long to get your skills up to such levels, toss in a few bucks to help things along if you need. once you do hit such levels its better to use the p5a as its super cheap and has less overkill, hunting with p5a and lr32 with a sk-20 is good to and its ok damage/super cheap on mark up. you will see lots of cb19's drop also, its a nice little gun for argo.

for now if you need armor use it until your dps improves just balance armor decay Vs. fap decay and avoid the need to heal in a fight it only adds seconds of time that you are taking additional unnecessary damage per mob. its only later when you have to suck it up and heal in combat but at that point it wont matter.

also remember you want to get hit as the skills you get are much needed later in the game when a hunting trip will have 80 ped in armor decay.

• EP-40+A104
  • Fap-50 for emergencies

sarcasm_detector.jpg

...no need to quote the pic.., but this is the post i'm referring to

Considering JCs opinion about (L) vs. UL and the experience he mace while watching his wife's ava i guess there is not the slightest sign of sarcasm in his post.

Anyway it all comes down what is important to you and which theory you believe in.

Personally i would not recommend this setup, nor use it, but for an occasional hunter or a miner who just needs something to defend himself it can be worth to use.

Use maxed (L). I preferred ghost when I was starting out, far more versatile.

Use maxed (L). I preferred ghost when I was starting out, far more versatile.

I used ghost back in the day too.. but with low level evade, it decays way too much :'(

I used ghost back in the day too.. but with low level evade, it decays way too much :'(

I think the best it is adjusted pixie with 5B. It decays is lower and almoust the same protection like ghost.

Back