Mining Depth Calculator bugged

chevrons

Stalker
Society
Sanctuary
Givendale Chevrons Skelton
Hi, someone just pointed me at the Mining Finder page, which will calculate the depth of any Finder based on your Profession, and will show the effect of any Enhancers.

But it seems to be bugged, my Profession levels are Prospector 40, Surveyor 24. The depth shown for the VRX2000 is only a single depth of 236/925, which is that corresponding to Surveyor (which I dont use).

I suspect this is a legacy of merging the Finder types last May.

Can someone fix this page so that it asks which type of bomb you are going to drop, and displays the right depth.

This is also going to be needed when Treasure Hunting comes.

Hi, someone just pointed me at the Mining Finder page, which will calculate the depth of any Finder based on your Profession, and will show the effect of any Enhancers.

But it seems to be bugged, my Profession levels are Prospector 40, Surveyor 24. The depth shown for the VRX2000 is only a single depth of 236/925, which is that corresponding to Surveyor (which I dont use).

I suspect this is a legacy of merging the Finder types last May.

Can someone fix this page so that it asks which type of bomb you are going to drop, and displays the right depth.

This is also going to be needed when Treasure Hunting comes.

Can you please specifiy what "Mining Finder page" you are refering to?

~Danimal

Can you please specifiy what "Mining Finder page" you are refering to?

~Danimal

It would the be one on Entropedia, which would be why it is posted in this section.

And it is indeed bugged, does not work properly for me either.

Last edited:

I don't think this is the problem, as it tells me that the maximum depth I can achieve with ANY finder is 263 meters (levels 15, 13). Changing the pro levels manually does not seem to have an effect.

EDIT: It gives me 236 for the VRX2000 as well, so clearly it's not actually reading the pro levels at all, just using 1 number for all users.

The whole mining section on entropedia needs a rework, as it hasn't been changed over to the new combined system yet (tons of fields still around for differentiating tools for ore/enmatter, etc)

It would the be one on Entropedia, which would be why it is posted in this section.

And it is indeed bugged, does not work properly for me either.

Yes, I understand it is on Entropedia since it was posted in this section. I was asking what page he was talking about...

P.S.

Tool name Discription
Armor vs Weapons See how much damage a weapon does on any armor
Armor vs Mobs See how much damage and decay a mob does on any armor
Armor Adviser Find the most efficient armor and plates against any mob
Upload avatar stats Upload your skill and profession levels
Avatar Skill Calc Calculate the value of your skills
Weapon Compare Compare any configuration of weapon with eachother

Those are the only tools I see on the wiki... so I have no clue what he means by mining finder page..

~Danimal

This one: http://www.entropiawiki.com/Chart.aspx?chart=Finder.

The tool at the top, where selecting 'skill based' should affect the calculated 'depth' column of the finder. I suspect Witte will have to fix it himself.

Yes, this is the one. Apologies for tone of my previous reply, I thought you were being snotty, but obviously it was a genuine question :duh:.

Slightly off-topic: Has anyone heard from Witte lately? He seems to be MIA. There's quite a lot of work I'd like to do on entropedia (within the scope of my extemely limited computer skills) but he needs to make me a trusted member first :(.

Yes, this is the one. Apologies for tone of my previous reply, I thought you were being snotty, but obviously it was a genuine question :duh:.

Slightly off-topic: Has anyone heard from Witte lately? He seems to be MIA. There's quite a lot of work I'd like to do on entropedia (within the scope of my extemely limited computer skills) but he needs to make me a trusted member first :(.

Last had an exchange of pm's with him just before Christmas. He does look in tho from time to time. His profile page shows he was logged into PCF in the past hour.

Last had an exchange of pm's with him just before Christmas. He does look in tho from time to time. His profile page shows he was logged into PCF in the past hour.

It is okay we all make mistakes! Anyways I have updated the wiki to include the "Finder Compare" tool. Now there will be no confusion as to where it is in the future and it is easier to find now :)

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Page.aspx?Page=Tools

~Danimal

What should the new system be like? Two columns with a depth for both professions? Or a single column where you can choose the profession?

What should the new system be like? Two columns with a depth for both professions? Or a single column where you can choose the profession?

Can people consider a choice of : Three columns with a depth for all 3 professions? Or a single column where you can choose the profession (which includes Treasure Hunter)?

May as well be ready when Treasure Hunting gets implemented, hopefully in a few months time :)

I think my personal choice would be for the 3 columns if possible.

Miners who only search for one type of find can deselect the other columns if they choose. Those who search for both/all find types might well like to see the results for both/all types at the same time when choosing a finder.

Last edited:
You should make it like the armor compare tool :)

~Danimal

EDIT: It gives me 236 for the VRX2000 as well, so clearly it's not actually reading the pro levels at all, just using 1 number for all users.
It probably is, 236 (or 235.something) is the min. search depth before you start SIB on that tool.

I added 3 columns. I have not checked any of the values though, so feedback is welcome.

I added 3 columns. I have not checked any of the values though, so feedback is welcome.
One little small problem, since entropedia doesn't have my latest pro levels, it's showing some old values... and when i change them manually, they won't stay there when i press "apply", it just reverts back to the old values :p

The finders/extractors/amplifiers presently have 3 professions (the extra one is for archeology), but the level requirements for all are the same. As professional standings in the three for avatars differ, so do potentially the depth and uses / minute. The same applies to extractors and effectiveness and uses.

So 3 fields for prof standings, 3 columns but only one data field.

One little small problem, since entropedia doesn't have my latest pro levels, it's showing some old values... and when i change them manually, they won't stay there when i press "apply", it just reverts back to the old values :p

Ok that is fixed.

Ok that is fixed.
Cheers, seems to be working correctly, atleast what i quickly checked a few finders and compared 'em ingame :thumbup:

Thank You.

I have checked the VRX2000 for my Profession Levels.

I've also checked that adding Skill Enhancers gives the correct depth too.

Back