Hmmm my thoughts on Hussk

Status

Skalman

Dominant
Society
Warants
Skalman
Well I havent read up on what this is all about. But when you do an event like this, there has to be a good point to it. For players to spend $500 to gather parts to spawn something like the Hussk, you would want it to be clear to all the players that participate (today there must have been around 200 players present) that it is either a solo or shared loot event - before thay take part and spend their peds. (Like a message when you enter the zone or a event message in global chat).

If the Hussk is spawned wouldnt it be more advisable for MA to have a representative present to explain and talk to their players and tell them what the event is all about, if they dont spend the time to communicate with the community by either a global message or an LA 'style' area message when you enter the zone players in my opinion simply dont know whats going on.

I wouldnt mind if this was a game with a monthly fee, instead of getting pissed off for spending 1.5 hrs of my time for nothing. On top of that I spend another 500 Ped in ammo, decay, enhancers and ME for absolutely zero is a little too much. Ultimately I log out within minutes having lost over $50 because somebody at MA hasnt got it right.

Maybe Im totally wrong and someone really got something for doing this event, that we didnt see. But if that was the case I still feel pissed off because it shouldnt take 200 people or thereabouts to kill something and all of them spend real dollars.

If MA wish do do events like this for the community they have to do it different.

If there was a monthly fee and this wasnt a real cash economy then everyone pay the same amount and hope to get lucky for a great new item. But when someone stands and tanks the mob, shooting a shit load of ammo and ends up with nothing - that just makes having the good stuff pointless, and standing far behind you is someone with shitty skills, armor and fap and they get lucky and dont even spend 10 %.

Events like this take time to plan and very good understanding of the game(real cash economy) for it to make sense for a player to take part.

If this was my company I would do a post on the forum right away and see to it that everyone that took part will get paid at least what thay spent not pay out double loot the next time the event happens. So the people that is not there a second time, who lost out this time dont get fooked over.

If I was calling the shots I would want my customers to be happy and have belief and trust in the game.

Dont get me wrong I love these new events, but it would seem that this event was not reviewed by somebody and things where overlooked before it was released.

It has to make sense in the first place for players to want to participate and for someone to collect together the mission parts to spawn the event. Then for a team of 12 people to be able to get the loot (if it isnt a shared loot then it should be a team loot - not hundreds without any loot).

Last edited:
Well I havent read up on what this is all about. But when you do an event like this, there has to be a good point to it. For players to spend $500 to gather parts to spawn something like the Hussk, you would want it to be clear to all the players that participate (today there must have been around 200 players present) that it is either a solo or shared loot event - before thay take part and spend their peds. (Like a message when you enter the zone or a event message in global chat).

If the Hussk is spawned wouldnt it be more advisable for MA to have a representative present to explain and talk to their players and tell them what the event is all about, if they dont spend the time to communicate with the community by either a global message or an LA 'style' area message when you enter the zone players in my opinion simply dont know whats going on.

I wouldnt mind if this was a game with a monthly fee, instead of getting pissed off for spending 1.5 hrs of my time for nothing. On top of that I spend another 500 Ped in ammo, decay, enhancers and ME for absolutely zero is a little too much. Ultimately I log out within minutes having lost over $50 because somebody at MA hasnt got it right.

Maybe Im totally wrong and someone really got something for doing this event, that we didnt see. But if that was the case I still feel pissed off because it shouldnt take 200 people or thereabouts to kill something and all of them spend real dollars.

If MA wish do do events like this for the community they have to do it different.

If there was a monthly fee and this wasnt a real cash economy then everyone pay the same amount and hope to get lucky for a great new item. But when someone stands and tanks the mob, shooting a shit load of ammo and ends up with nothing - that just makes having the good stuff pointless, and standing far behind you is someone with shitty skills, armor and fap and they get lucky and dont even spend 10 %.

Events like this take time to plan and very good understanding of the game(real cash economy) for it to make sense for a player to take part.

If this was my company I would do a post on the forum right away and see to it that everyone that took part will get paid at least what thay spent not pay out double loot the next time the event happens. So the people that is not there a second time, who lost out this time dont get fooked over.

If I was calling the shots I would want my customers to be happy and have belief and trust in the game.

Dont get me wrong I love these new events, but it would seem that this event was not reviewed by somebody and things where overlooked before it was released.

It has to make sense in the first place for players to want to participate and for someone to collect together the mission parts to spawn the event. Then for a team of 12 people to be able to get the loot (if it isnt a shared loot then it should be a team loot - not hundreds without any loot).

excellent points mate, the reason im personally so pissed off about this was that after the sandking thing, for this to happen again but on a much larger scale! not to mention in my opinion theres no way this should be anything other than a shared loot scenario?

I was expecting to log on to a 15k Huyssk
:(
i log on to hear no loot .....
YA doesn't help my confidence any.

Reactions: Pig
Well you have to laugh don't you?

Or cry, not sure, but lol at Mindark and lol at us for still believing in their ability to organise these type of events. ;)

Excellent points! A huge amount of effort was made by some of us to organize and run this event, and the fact that:

1. it took nearly the whole entropia player base to even hurt the hussyk.
2. It wasn't even shared loot and could only be looted by one team, and
3. it ended up as a no looter to those that looted it anyways

Put those of us that participated in a very bad mood about the whole thing.

Should have been tested, balanced and guaranteed to work before they even thought of actually adding it to the game.

Lets all quit ?

I did not take part, but this is a joke...

Definitely should happen. But almost certainly will not.

1. it took nearly the whole entropia player base to even hurt the hussyk.
2. It wasn't even shared loot and could only be looted by one team, and
3. it ended up as a no looter to those that looted it anyways

Put those of us that participated in a very bad mood about the whole thing.

Should have been tested, balanced and guaranteed to work before they even thought of actually adding it to the game.

1. Not nearly the "whole" player base. Quite many people don't know or don't care what "Husssk" is. But yeah, there were quite a lot people there, shooting or just watching.
2. Well, you just had to outdamage the AoW team to get some loot. Piece of cake, right? ;)
3. I keep hearing that getting a "no loot" from mobs is normal and there's no reason for the Hussk to be any different. Yet somehow I strongly disagree with that attitude... Then again, we (here) all know what happened with the Sand King. Why it happens again with the Husssk is just plain ...:censored::cussing:

So, the ball is the MA's field (again). Do they ever learn?

Reactions: EMW
Lets all quit ?

I did not take part, but this is a joke...

There had to be 100-200 people from the top 50 soc's there plus a few hundred more looky loos. If this isn't their player base, idk what is. That's a whole shit load of heavy depositors very pissed off

Buck

Well said, i didnt take part, but the fact its not shared loot and only 12 people can get loot is outragous on its own, let alone the fact it was a no looter after thousands and thousands of peds were lost killing and the thing alone cost $500 to spawn it.

Ma needs to make a series of offical statements asap both in news blogs and on the forums...

Reactions: EMW
This sadly, is a major reason why people don't trust the game.
Yes, it's dynamic... but for all that ped put out, you would expect something for the effort.... (well except nova frags..that would be worse )

I can't see there being a second attempt after all this.

Hijacker mate, sorry this really sucks. When I sold you the Daikiba Raging Bull sample and 250K of sweat I had been excited to take part in this event with the others.

The fact that we have only had one response from David|MindArk is quite poor. After posting this I am going to find their phone number and call them. We need a high level response from MA about these continual fuck ups!

711 didn't want excessive negativity in the forum, well the damn broke and the valley is flooded with negativity and disatisfaction!

I agree with Skalman that this needs to be acted upon urgently. How can a company expect to launch an advertising campaign, when every new account will see this backlash!
The entire MindArk public relations team needs to step up or be fired, the loot manager should just be fired for continual screw ups.

It's 5am in Sweden, I just called them and got engaged tone?

Last edited:
Hijacker mate, sorry this really sucks. When I sold you the Daikiba Raging Bull sample and 250K of sweat I had been excited to take part in this event with the others.

The fact that we have only had one response from David|MindArk is quite poor. After posting this I am going to find their phone number and call them. We need a high level response from MA about these continual fuck ups!

711 didn't want excessive negativity in the forum, well the damn broke and the valley is flooded with negativity and disatisfaction!

I agree with Skalman that this needs to be acted upon urgently. How can a company expect to launch an advertising campaign, when every new account will see this backlash!
The entire MindArk public relations team needs to step up or be fired, the loot manager should just be fired for continual screw ups.

It's 5am in Sweden, I just called them and got engaged tone?

no real way for them to give peds back.. they might be able to give back the dna samples but cant give back ammo... or they would need to do so on the other cases...

kinda like TTing items... when that 1 person TTed an item(ULOA105) and gave it back... they had to let everyone un-TT the item...

if they start making wrongs right... I can think of several 100-1000 peds i lost over the years due to bugs.... lag... etc...

basically you guys are shit out of luck... and if not... support will be bombarded to rectify old bugs... since they are "finally" paying ;)

To top it off they will give a brand new player a 300k ATH!

1 month break from my depo button min.

Personally, I don't think anyone at MA/Planet Calypso expected the community to come together and spawn this beast so quickly. (thanks, Hijacker). The fact that it was done on a Sunday means that nobody was at the office to react.... or at least the people there said "OMG... what do we do now?"

But seriously... hey, I was there, and after being killed repeatedly when close enough to use my HL15, I kept on with my echo ME, just out of range of the AOE... even with that, I spent 140ish ped ammo. Hurts, but eh, lost more on scip hunts. TBH, being a medium skilled player, I really expected if I did get anything, it would be a bit of ammo, some eye oil, and maybe some oil residue, total value of approx 5 ped. :laugh: I was there for the fun and sense of community... and both of those existed. I mean, me, this n00b with only lvl 60 laser pistoleer fighting along side those ubers who have level 100+ in just about everything. How cool is that? :smoke:

On a plus note, I had a few concerns before going to the hussk... PKing and lag. I was pleasantly surprised that there was minimal PKing, and, at least for me (on my crappy internet) there was hardly any lag. Astounding, considering the number of vehicles that were spawned. It was amusing, though, to see so many vehicles being destroyed. I assume due to lag for some ppl, but even a destroyed vehicle will cause lag if it remains spawned. Overall, fun time, with disappointing outcome.

Here's a thought for MA... while it would be impossible to refund all those players who attended (at least I think it would be)... plan a date for a respawn, make the area shared loot, ofc, and only 10% ammo burn/equipment decay.... or give me 10x dmg with my existing weapon! :silly2:

Not a perfect solution, but one that I think a lot of ppl might think agreeable.

Last edited:

Hi, We are sorry that you feel frustrated at the moment, as you are an important member of the Entropia Universe community. We are constantly working on improving the Entropia Universe to make this unique virtual universe an enjoyable place for all and will make sure that your feedback, regarding this issue, is forwarded to the responsible team for their consideration.Unfortunately we don't have any information about this at the current time to be able to provide you with a more satisfying reply but please stay tuned to the News section and Version Update Content Lists on the website for further information and developments.

No loot at husk? if yes .... ---> shame to MA !

Hello,

they really should look into that!

Last edited:
I didn't participate, but from what I can make of it it's a scam.

Creating expectations, making people spend a lot of money and then just run-off with it.

They fucked-up with the 1st Sandking in the past pissing off a huge amount of players, is there then really someone in the MA offices that is saying; "Lets do this again but much bigger, maybe they won't mind that."

We never got a decent explanation for the Sandking whether it was a bug or whatever.

I'm wondering, if the Hussk gave everyone 100K ped loot due a bug, Would MA let us hold the peds or would they take it back from our ped cards? They probably take it back, so why don't they refund when they fucked up?

They probably take it back, so why don't they refund when they fucked up?

Because they have a couple of 1000 players by the balls. People that just won't leave because they have way to much money in. Also because the value of their items has been dropping up to 50% last 2 years.
People that will still take any chance in game to loot good in order to justify their spending behaviour ingame. No matter how hard you beat them, they keep coming back for more. I used to be like that as well.

Though I feel sorry for everybody who got disappointed last night, I actually couldn't care less anymore.
I don't deposit for over 2 years now.
I did not participate because MA doesn't let me enter crowded areas (Out of Memory error with 8 gigs, :scratch2:).
I hunt some for fun. Sell of crap when I need ped. Log off when loot really stinks. Set some modest goals for myself and if I don't reach them, who cares....

They don't have me by the balls anymore. :cool:

Last edited:
PT Barnum said it best.

Well if I could throw my own two cents in here I'll sate this as an observation:

What were you people thinking? Really.. What were you thinking? Expecting some glorious loot like the Holy Hand grenade of Antioch? Or the Super Mega Space Battle Carrier with working UL Quads with nuclear tipped weapons?

I mean do you know what I was doing when I heard all this grumbling? I can tell you where I was...

I was on Arkadia, helping a new player... showing her how to mine. Along with an old buddy of mine who was one of my first "Disciples' I ever taught, out on a mining run... And now that I look at all the complaints.. I just have to laugh.. (And yes by all means, neg-rep me for all I care). But while the reality is, some people got too impatient and decided to take maters into their own hands, and throw caution to the wind, throwing a few thousand peds MA's way.. Some of us were actually dong something worth while.. like having fun..

That's right fun...We weren't worried about the 20 or 50 ped we spent.. We went out there had a number of laughs, and did the usual stuff we did, and that was have fun..

See the issue here isn't that MA is to blame totally here, Part of the problem stems from the guy you wake up with and have to look in the mirror at everyday. It's your attitude that makes you fall into this trap.. It's the lack of patience that gives you no results, and above all, it's the lack of realizing what you did, all in the name of money that you got no loot.

All because you thught it was going to be some million ped space ship that would drop from the sky.. or some new fangled gun, or even a new set of armor so powerful you'd be superman..

A famous circus owner said this.. There's asuker born every sixty seconds. But what is more disappointing in all this is that you focused on the money, not the fun, sure you spawned a giant creature, level 8400, you all worked together and killed it and then got.. Nothing..

Maybe this is a wake up call to some of you who've been turning your back on the newer player base who have been coming here, who've wanted to try new things, and new events, and your whining bitching and complaing and your egos all got in the way to discourage these potential new players from depositing..

Sure MA is half at fault.. Maybe there was a bug.. Maybe there wasn't.. But the other half of this equation is the people who are in this thread.. forgetting the fact that this is about having fun, not about the money..

Oh and for my buddy and the young lady I was helping? They enjoyed their times, I did too.. and yeah they spnt 70 ped, came back with more than they started with.. My student enjoyed the feeling of experiencing the first time she got a Level XII, the smile and look on her face made me realize one thing..

Hunting a big mob doesn't always mena fun.. for some it's a lot of hard work and ped. But then not having any kindness to others? And helping them stay in game? well there's your problem.

Frankly you guys need to chill, enjoy the fun. Sure the huysk will return the question is.. when?

The end result is.. You'll be a lot happier i the long run..

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go take a long walk in an no mob area on Arkadia.. to go look for stones fruit and dung.. and... I'm gonna go have fun...

Benjamin Ben Coyote
a.k.a. "The Blind Sniper"

I think you are wrong Ben

It's about managing peoples expectations. If MA put out a big expensive mission the expectation is cool a reward. Otherwise why bother at all with anything.

ok you could argue that sweat and blood samples could have been collected without MU, but even if that was the case it would appear the hussk didn't drop any loot after a ton of ammo.

I wasn't at the hussk, but I congratulate all those that attempted to crack it open and hopefully get some cool loot.

Come on MA give the team a replacement mission voucher to have another shot at it (oh and can I join this time)

Rick

Benjamin Ben Coyote

I will post a VERY RUDE COMMENT:

You do YOUR shit, and let the ones that pay the servers/bills(meaning your "fun") do THEIRS. They have every right to complain. You go look for your fruits and dung, and if a message pops up saying: ("We are sorry, but EU is closing down because MAJOR depositers left the game since we f-ed up again. Have a nice day") dont come running to the forum crying that you want your money back :)

TJ:bandit:

Well if I could throw my own two cents in here I'll sate this as an observation:

What were you people thinking? Really.. What were you thinking? Expecting some glorious loot like the Holy Hand grenade of Antioch? Or the Super Mega Space Battle Carrier with working UL Quads with nuclear tipped weapons?

I mean do you know what I was doing when I heard all this grumbling? I can tell you where I was...

I was on Arkadia, helping a new player... showing her how to mine. Along with an old buddy of mine who was one of my first "Disciples' I ever taught, out on a mining run... And now that I look at all the complaints.. I just have to laugh.. (And yes by all means, neg-rep me for all I care). But while the reality is, some people got too impatient and decided to take maters into their own hands, and throw caution to the wind, throwing a few thousand peds MA's way.. Some of us were actually dong something worth while.. like having fun..

That's right fun...We weren't worried about the 20 or 50 ped we spent.. We went out there had a number of laughs, and did the usual stuff we did, and that was have fun..

See the issue here isn't that MA is to blame totally here, Part of the problem stems from the guy you wake up with and have to look in the mirror at everyday. It's your attitude that makes you fall into this trap.. It's the lack of patience that gives you no results, and above all, it's the lack of realizing what you did, all in the name of money that you got no loot.

All because you thught it was going to be some million ped space ship that would drop from the sky.. or some new fangled gun, or even a new set of armor so powerful you'd be superman..

A famous circus owner said this.. There's asuker born every sixty seconds. But what is more disappointing in all this is that you focused on the money, not the fun, sure you spawned a giant creature, level 8400, you all worked together and killed it and then got.. Nothing..

Maybe this is a wake up call to some of you who've been turning your back on the newer player base who have been coming here, who've wanted to try new things, and new events, and your whining bitching and complaing and your egos all got in the way to discourage these potential new players from depositing..

Sure MA is half at fault.. Maybe there was a bug.. Maybe there wasn't.. But the other half of this equation is the people who are in this thread.. forgetting the fact that this is about having fun, not about the money..

Oh and for my buddy and the young lady I was helping? They enjoyed their times, I did too.. and yeah they spnt 70 ped, came back with more than they started with.. My student enjoyed the feeling of experiencing the first time she got a Level XII, the smile and look on her face made me realize one thing..

Hunting a big mob doesn't always mena fun.. for some it's a lot of hard work and ped. But then not having any kindness to others? And helping them stay in game? well there's your problem.

Frankly you guys need to chill, enjoy the fun. Sure the huysk will return the question is.. when?

The end result is.. You'll be a lot happier i the long run..

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go take a long walk in an no mob area on Arkadia.. to go look for stones fruit and dung.. and... I'm gonna go have fun...

Benjamin Ben Coyote

The point is ~200 players came together, worked together for a common goal in the middle of a PvP area. The atmosphere was amazing, the playerbase was united and enjoying a historic moment in the game. We all had hopes for a chance at some item or a bit of shared loot. No one would have cared what the loot was, as long as it was reasonable and 1 of the 200 players actually got something worthwhile.
The veteran players are the backbone of this game, the new players come and go. This is significant because nobody will bother with an event like this again, the straw has broken the camels back.

The point is ~200 players came together, worked together for a common goal in the middle of a PvP area. The atmosphere was amazing, the playerbase was united and enjoying a historic moment in the game. We all had hopes for a chance at some item or a bit of shared loot. No one would have cared what the loot was, as long as it was reasonable and 1 of the 200 players actually got something worthwhile.
The veteran players are the backbone of this game, the new players come and go. This is significant because nobody will bother with an event like this again, the straw has broken the camels back.

It was a pretty amazing atmosphere down there, historic almost...

...and then Skalman shouted "If it bleeds we can kill iiiiiiiiiiiiit", which rallied us up even more :ahh:

(I dont think he really said that)

Status
Back