FYI: Hiryuu Mating Season started?

Ludvig|MindArk

MindArk Official
Staff member
Admin
MindArk Official
Formerly "Foeburner Nighthawk Delta"
Hiryuu mating season seems to have started early on Calypso as thousands of Hiryuu has gathered outside Fort Ithaca. Scientists first believed this was due to disruptions in their ordinary habitats, but further observations has made it seem more likely that this is the start of their mating season. Flocks of these large birds are attacking anyone that goes near it, which has brought investigations to a temporary halt.

This is the last picture provided to us
by our faithful camera man before the feed was... interruped.

The Agricultural Division of Calypso, much to the annoyance of birdwatchers, animal lovers and scientists, has asked everyone to accept the provided Iron Mission from the hunting association and "get them birdies out before they eat all our crops, dammit!"

One thing is for sure: If those birds are not dealt with, the situation at Ithaca may turn very... slippery.

hiryuu_2.jpg

If anyone took this as a joke article, I just want to clarify that there are 100s of Hiryuu just south of Fort Ithaca just waiting to get shot down, mainly Young - Provider from what I saw :cool:

+rep for actually creating a story for players.

The Agricultural Division of Calypso, much to the annoyance of birdwatchers, animal lovers and scientists, has asked everyone to accept the provided Iron Mission from the hunting association and "get them birdies out before they eat all our crops, dammit!"

One thing is for sure: If those birds are not dealt with, the situation at Ithaca may turn very... slippery.
Nice! :thumbup:

I snipe a few a bit now and then as target practice, an event spawn will be some fun change.

It's a good thing these things can fly, now perhaps we could have mobs on the ground and in the air to give us more variaties of mobs to hun :rolleyes:

~Danimal

It's a good thing these things can fly, now perhaps we could have mobs on the ground and in the air to give us more variaties of mobs to hun :rolleyes:

I wonder if Hiryuu will get an AI update so they actually swoop around rather than just hover in place... Would make them more interesting I think :) heh

I wonder if Hiryuu will get an AI update so they actually swoop around rather than just hover in place... Would make them more interesting I think :) heh

It would be nice to have them to be able to "swoop" in as mentioned but not required. I much rather have them fix a few other mobs first before fixing this less hunted one... if that makes any sense? :)

~Danimal

It would be nice to have them to be able to "swoop" in as mentioned but not required. I much rather have them fix a few other mobs first before fixing this less hunted one... if that makes any sense? :)

~Danimal

Yeah, but maybe they would be hunted more with a more exciting AI? :wtg:

Yeah, but maybe they would be hunted more with a more exciting AI? :wtg:

Well the reason they aren't hunted too much currently is because of the lack of spawns, their range (being in the air) and I guess for some people the graphics. It's not all just contributed to the graphics though. I would also like to add that there is no HIRYUU DNA meaning no Land Areas have a good spawn of these to hunt..If the Calypso development team wants to see more of this mob hunted I would suggest that they fix some of these problems addressed.

~Danimal

Unless it's been recently changed, they go up and down when they get hit. And at least before, they used to move around pretty much. (To the extremes, I remember them rubberband after the physx implementation, you shot at one and then it suddently was 200m away.)

For "swooping", the sharks on NI are annoying enough :lol:

What is needed for people to hunt hiryuu more are spawns like these ones. Not hiryuu that are all on the ground and flying through it, not hiryuu that are up so high you have no hope but use a long range tagger to hit them. More numerous spawns certainly can't hurt the chances of them being hunted.

Finished 1K in the weekend and got 1250 kills towards the 5K mission, around 1400 hiryuu eliminated in total. Will continue today if the spawn is still around.

Unless it's been recently changed, they go up and down when they get hit

Ooh right, they kinda "fall down" when hit, before recovering, right? :)

Coords would be nice... the only ones I found were on the floor.

Well when I was there the spawn was pretty much covering the entire area south of Ithaca :dunno:

Also heard later that there are big ones near Minopolis somewhere

Well when I was there the spawn was pretty much covering the entire area south of Ithaca :dunno:

Also heard later that there are big ones near Minopolis somewhere

Thanks for the tip, I jumped across most of the known event areas but I didn't see any big ones (except the few normal ones). Try to see if you can get any more info where the big ones are.

Ooh right, they kinda "fall down" when hit, before recovering, right? :)

Yes.

I wonder if the current behaviour is some sort of optimization, generally hiryuu is on the ground, and flies up when you approach them. As if the server has set them in some sort of "idle" mode, same thing with the jamraiders around "sten" outpost.

TP to Ithaca. Run south along the road. You will seeing lots of red dots soon.

Yes.

I wonder if the current behaviour is some sort of optimization, generally hiryuu is on the ground, and flies up when you approach them. As if the server has set them in some sort of "idle" mode, same thing with the jamraiders around "sten" outpost.

Maybe, though I think they just broke the existing fying spawns accidentally, much like rippersnapper used to get bugged and spawn on land - except the groundbound hiryuu / jamraider can still be hunted.

Found the big ones, around 867, 826 (odd, I thought I had looked there before).

I hardly think a few birds are going to bring about the end of the world.

Back