Question: Is PC upload/preview disabled?

Shard-Angel

Prowler
Society
Project Entropia
Vehshi Rogue Shard-Angel
Greets.

Its been years since I last uploaded any PC... and it seems I cannot preview - nor upload ANYTHING.

My test image is JPG, less than 32kb in size, and 512x256 pixels dimensions.

Yet I cannot preview it on ANY screen/sign/display - whether my own, or any random mall ones.

I must have clicked UPLOAD a hundreds times now over several days - with no results. Not even an error message if I am doing it wrong.

I know the videos/multimedia/bink stuff is disabled - has that affected the image uploads as well? Or am I doing it horribly wrong?

Please advise.

Thanks.

I have not tried to upload any new stuff, but was playing around with my signs last night, and the preview on the stuff that was already uploaded was working fine.

Did you put the jpg in the right folder before uploading it?

http://www.planetcalypso.com/guides/business-trade/advertising/
Participant Content (PC) in the form of images and videos can be uploaded and shown on Private Signs, Screens and Displays on Planet Calypso.

Images in jpeg, dds and tga formats can be uploaded into Signs, Screens and Displays with (PC) after their name e.g. Xlite-S Sign (PC).

Videos in bink format can be uploaded into Displays with (PC) after their names e.g. Xlite-S Display (PC). Read more about the bink format and conversion tools here.

Once you have purchased a Sign, Screen or Display an Archive folder will be created on your hard drive in the local disk\\Documents and Settings\\user name\\My Documents\\Entropia Universe\\Archive directory.

Place files you wish to use on Planet Calypso in this folder. The files will then be accessible from inside Planet Calypso where you can upload them from your Archive into your Content Files. Once in your Content Files, the material can be used in Signs, Screens and Displays.

N.B. It's very important to have your files correctly sized, otherwise they will not be displayed when you view your local Archive from inside Planet Calypso. Read the following info and examples, or go directly to suitable sizes list below. Here's the important sizing information:

Signs, Screens and Displays in the Entropia Universe come in four different aspect ratios: 1:1, 1:2, 2:1, 4:1

For best results when uploading your own images and videos, you need to use the aspect ratio and the power-of-two format.

If you don't have an archive folder yet, you might have to create one before uploading. That's the ONLY folder that the upload will work from.

Yes its in the ARCHIVE folder in the documents/entropia folder - and the files show up correctly in the file list (ONLY when I hit REFRESH first - it wont auto-refresh when I first open it).

I am on Win7 - is that a location/directory issue? However.. if it was.. the files wouldn't have shown up at all... :confused:

Can you atleast PREVIEW some new file? That shouldn't cost anything.

Thanks.

Update: Preview is still bugged. Uploads are working after the last patch. :yay:

Me stupid... I open Action book, choose participant content, then click archive, then upload.

No file browser or something opens.

Whatdo?

Me stupid... I open Action book, choose participant content, then click archive, then upload.

No file browser or something opens.

Whatdo?

You have to place the image in your participation content folder. the upload happens from the folder that already has the image in it.

Thank you.
Did that, now I need to see in game if it worked... but I am stuck in space, lol :D

Maybe it has something to do with bink being no longer supported?

Thank you.
Did that, now I need to see in game if it worked... but I am stuck in space, lol :D

Great, i FL u to follow up on how it went. Im in middle of a hunt tho so will relog once done :) then heal job is next!

Back