Do you like the current attitude on the forums?

Do you like the current attitude on the forums?

• Yes I think the attitude is productive and the forums are informative

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I think there are some issues that could use resolution, but overall good experience

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • The forums by and large are what they are.

Votes: 20 15.7%
  • The forum is typical of the internet. Lots of trolls, but we already knew that.

Votes: 40 31.5%
  • The forum is extremely negative. Anything constructive I post is probably going to be drowned out.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • There's alot of bad blood here, and I feel it hurts EU overall.

Votes: 18 14.2%

• Total voters

Magyar_Republic

Self-requested Deactivation
Society
Whiskey Confederacy
Edward Magyar Republic
Most folks are concerned with the game. Whether I agree with your concerns or not, ultimately they are part of what makes the universe move forward. So in that spirit, this isnt a critique on people who see room for improvement in EU.

But what I want to know is: Do you think the forums are a place where that can still happen? Or is there a strong enough element of regular negativity that just makes the forums unattractive?

Poll includes multiple questions. Pick your best fit. Explain if you feel the need. I tried to not load the answers, so if theyre unfair please let me know and I will look into revising the poll.

We have many forums now. Most that I visit on occasion can be quite constructive. I think that's due to the nature of these smaller forums because they don't have that many users. The users that you do have seem to make more constructive posts.

The largest forum is very mixed and is probably a reflection of the diversity of people. Also I think because this game has been going for many years many people would have quit but there is something about this game that has a hold on them and they do visit one forum in particular. These type of players I think can have an unusually large voice on forums because many good players just play and avoid forums alltogether. If they do visit forums they just read and don't post.

Didn't vote but posted my thoughts :)

I picked one of the ones "in the middle" because it seems that the current tone from the majority of members is generally optimistic but when there's a particular issue (like the hussk no loot for example), people come out of the woodwork to rage at MA and they go irrational. I think, however, that the CLDs have done a lot to limit complaining, since the "investors" now realize that extensive negativity on the forum will turn away potential players. I do think MA and the PP need to improve their communication and their reputations with the player base and evaluate some of the long-term gripes, not in terms of raw profit, but in terms of promoting good word-of-mouth marketing. But I also think the forum membership need to reduce the amount of rage-typing they do on the forums. Of course a large number of posts are juvenile, and you can't really blame people for writing at their maturity level, but a lot of people who are old enough to know better sometimes do it too.

So... you sort of have to wade through the garbage to find the useful information, which IS there.

I picked one of the ones "in the middle" because it seems that the current tone is generally optimistic but when there's a particular issue (like the hussk no loot), people come out of the woodwork to rage at MA. I think the CLDs have done a lot to limit complaining, since the "investors" now realize that extensive negativity on the forum will turn away potential players. I think MA and the PP need to improve their communication and their reputations with the player base and evaluate some of the long-term gripes, not in terms of raw profit, but in terms of promoting good word-of-mouth marketing. I also think the forum membership can improve on the amount of rage-typing they do on the forums. Of course a good number of the posts are juvenile, and you can't really blame people for writing at their maturity level, but a lot of people who are old enough to know better sometimes do it too.

I came back to post something like this. Thanks Neil for helping :)

Generally I'd agree people are optimistic but some issues can really polarize people.

but a lot of people who are old enough to know better sometimes do it too.

We get younger as we get older :) Sometimes I do like a bit of a laugh too. Usually you can tell from the nature of the thread that it's not a serious one...

Attitude on the forums is the same....

Now the Nazi Forum Moderating..... that's a different story.....

Menace

The forum is extremely negative atm, but lots of issues have polarised the players.... i didn't use community purposely - i really think after recent divisions there is llittle community left. Just self interest, greed, and a generally bad atmosphere i have felt over the last year or so.

People seemed entrenched in positions/views so solidly for good reasons on all sides on issues such as space, piracy, huss'k, and loads of other less discussed things. Many because of moral, financial, time issues etc... no easy answer to all the problems i percieve atm, but they have done my head in to the point of questioning if is all worth the hassle and bother.

As i said most have valid reasons for the tensions atm, but MA put us here by pushing the "envelope" between fun and greed.

Just my opinion ofc

troll away pick it apart i really don't give a shit anymore tbh.

Last edited:
Most folks are concerned with the game. Whether I agree with your concerns or not, ultimately they are part of what makes the universe move forward. So in that spirit, this isnt a critique on people who see room for improvement in EU.

But what I want to know is: Do you think the forums are a place where that can still happen? Or is there a strong enough element of regular negativity that just makes the forums unattractive?

Poll includes multiple questions. Pick your best fit. Explain if you feel the need. I tried to not load the answers, so if theyre unfair please let me know and I will look into revising the poll.

You shall reap as you sew. and I do mean you.

the forum is often negative cause we have all the reasons to be

What I don't like even more than constant whinging and bitching on forums, is extreme fanboyism, and pretending, that a game with broken subsystems, is in perfect order. And attempting to brown nose the officials on every oportunity, "OMG, thank you MA, I've been waiting for that low resolution loading screen with space ships ALL MY EU LIFE!!! THANK YOU!!!!"

This forum IMO walks a fine line between both.

What I don't like even more than constant whinging and bitching on forums, is extreme fanboyism, and pretending, that a game with broken subsystems, is in perfect order. And attempting to brown nose the officials on every oportunity, "OMG, thank you MA, I've been waiting for that low resolution loading screen with space ships ALL MY EU LIFE!!! THANK YOU!!!!"

Broken!!!???? I'm appalled! I'm non beliving!! I'm just just .. I'm like that!!!

Yes, whining and bitching is a problem...

But in the end, I don't care. Back to skilling now...

Ive been to many forums , and this is like it is , happy players play, unhappy posts .

Some forums with socalled intellectuall people can even be worse , and most ive stopped reading cos of halfwritten answers and negative bullying .

Thid forum is one of the Best as players are concerned about the game and dont just sitt at the forum all day bullying new ones.

TAC

Ive been to many forums , and this is like it is , happy players play, unhappy posts .

Some forums with socalled intellectuall people can even be worse , and most ive stopped reading cos of halfwritten answers and negative bullying .

Thid forum is one of the Best as players are concerned about the game and dont just sitt at the forum all day bullying new ones.

TAC

I'd just like to say about this is

As I said

well almost

And they are still here , Fascinating

for the most part pcf is normal, but I find a little more "hate on / mistrust of the developers" then most other games and see it as unfounded. I wont expand on that for fear of trolling!

Last edited:
You cannot hide the voice of people

So... you sort of have to wade through the garbage to find the useful information, which IS there.

I quoted Neils line because I mostly agree with it.
I've been here long enough to be able to manage what he suggests, maybe this is why I succeeded staying so long with PE/EU and this forum.

The forum is good, it is the voice of the people, with good things and bad things.
If you ignore them or silence them, you will not solve their problems or our problems.
Positive things and negative things tend to balance themselves out in time.

Is better to know the truth rather than hide from it or wrap it in a "what I want to hear" paper.

:twocents:

If i write in the forum i can only say negative things because if i tell something good i MA will make a new nerfs of it.:wtg:

wat?......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................../

I'm not sure this is a topic of concernen. Nor do I feel the internet is a place to police attitudes.

Seen it worse, seen it better... It varies all depending on how the gameplay is... Best time on the forum was 07-08, loads of excellent, amazing posts. Even our soc forum flourished.

Atm it just seems the awesome poeple who made these threads either quit or lost their motivation for putting down any effort or dedication in to it.

Could also be that there simply isn't that many interesting things to talk about anymore

Speaking of interesting... God dammit Ter show me what you got!!! It's been like 4 years already!

The forum is extremely negative atm, but lots of issues have polarised the players.... i didn't use community purposely - i really think after recent divisions there is llittle community left. Just self interest, greed, and a generally bad atmosphere i have felt over the last year or so.

People seemed entrenched in positions/views so solidly for good reasons on all sides on issues such as space, piracy, huss'k, and loads of other less discussed things. Many because of moral, financial, time issues etc... no easy answer to all the problems i percieve atm, but they have done my head in to the point of questioning if is all worth the hassle and bother.

As i said most have valid reasons for the tensions atm, but MA put us here by pushing the "envelope" between fun and greed.

Just my opinion ofc

troll away pick it apart i really don't give a shit anymore tbh.

the forum is often negative cause we have all the reasons to be

I quoted Neils line because I mostly agree with it.
I've been here long enough to be able to manage what he suggests, maybe this is why I succeeded staying so long with PE/EU and this forum.

The forum is good, it is the voice of the people, with good things and bad things.
If you ignore them or silence them, you will not solve their problems or our problems.
Positive things and negative things tend to balance themselves out in time.

Is better to know the truth rather than hide from it or wrap it in a "what I want to hear" paper.

:twocents:

The above quotes are reflective of how I feel/perceive this forum, MA's treatment of paying customers and Calypso's not listening to customers... All that being said I am still logging in daily since March 2007.

The above quotes are reflective of how I feel/perceive this forum, MA's treatment of paying customers and Calypso's not listening to customers... All that being said I am still logging in daily since March 2007.

So?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

for the most part pcf is normal, but I find a little more "hate on / mistrust of the developers" then most other games and see it as unfounded. I wont expand on that for fear of trolling!
most other games are not based on a real cash economy...

Repent all ye sinners :laugh:

Maing a negative post purely for the sake of it with nothing constructive to go with it, then it's a pointless post.

Also the "I'm ok with it so you should be to" or being positive just for the sake of it and ignoring every other point of view can be just as bad.

I now try to stop myself from making a post if it doesn't add anything to the discussion even if it's a positive one if I can't expand and justify it.

Last edited:
pool incomplete
the forum express a lot of negativity because the people from FPC dont care to reply to the customers complains, questions etcetc

dc

Back