FYI: crafting...

Naomi

Elite
Society
Rangers
Naomi NP Polder
Ok so here is the thing: I've not been very active lately, low in-game budget atm, so I decided to do a medium run on UR200 faps, 50 clicks. I got not-too-bad prices for the ingredients:
- 150 Himi Ingots (270% order)
- 100 Ignisium Ingots (114%)
- 550 Simple II Plastic Springs (101%)
- 200 Robot Casing (216%)

The last ingredient could have been cheaper, and that would make a maximum difference of 200 ped.
and finally:
- 2200tt metal res (107.8%)
Total material cost: 3 489,56 PED

I clicked them a bit earlier, and here is the result:
Total material left-over including markup: 850,13
Total value of faps including markup: 2090,90

Result: about 550 ped loss.
probably more, when I add the costs of putting the rest materials and faps on auction.
OK, I don't have Buzz or Auktuma's skills, and OK, the QR on this bp was rather low, but wtf? I'm not exactly a newcomer or noob crafter. And this is not a high-end bp. How can this kind of environment attract new players, or make old players still feel welcome?

Did I have fun doing this? No
Do I like what I did with my time there? No
Why would I bother doing things like these again? If you know, pls tell me, coz I have no clue about it.

Thing is... if I had made 200 ped or so doin this, I'd be happy to spend them again. But the above isn't exactly motivating...

confusing...
Naomi

Well the good news is that newcomes won't be crafting UR200 faps for a long time :)

50 clicks is technically small whether it be expensive clicks or not.
But it is a very small sample size. In the short term this game is random, but tt wise long term you will get about 90% return, if not better.

Thats why as a crafter, expecially on more expensive items to make, you need to cycle tons and tons, for normal returns.

Yes it really isnt friendly for low ped people, but sooner or later youll get a nice HOF or something good.

small

50 clicks is nothing compared to what one can craft in a year, agreed

but I look at it another way:
many do 2-10 clicks on these for personal use
few do runs like 100 clicks to sell them afterwards
That is what makes this a 'medium' run.

and yes, if I redo this run 10x, I will have a few with better results, and a few with worse results. The chance for me hitting something big in this are almost non-existant. If they did exist, I would have had it in my eu-career before. (the only big crafting hits I had were on expensive clothing with the slider to the right...)

Naomi

50 clicks is technically small whether it be expensive clicks or not.
But it is a very small sample size. In the short term this game is random, but tt wise long term you will get about 90% return, if not better.

Thats why as a crafter, expecially on more expensive items to make, you need to cycle tons and tons, for normal returns.

Yes it really isnt friendly for low ped people, but sooner or later youll get a nice HOF or something good.

agree on this one, putting all your money into 50 actions is gambling imo, would have done sthg with that kinda cash that has 500-1000 actions to get a stable outcome.

ofc you can still recycle the value you get out of it to get a 500-1000 actions, but the prob there is, if your are in a long ongoing bad phase you gotta overcome it first, which sometimes can leave oneself without funds to go on.

Last edited:
Am I the only person who thinks those results sound normal? (Or even... good?)

If you include the mu in the calculation then its an 84% return.

I tend to work these at tt prices though as mu is supposedly no included in MA's figures for loot.

If you include the mu in the calculation then its an 84% return.

I tend to work these at tt prices though as mu is supposedly no included in MA's figures for loot.

Yea, I included the mu in all the prices, to see the realistic result.
The result excluding the mu is probably worse.

You didn't give the exact numbers of left over materials, so it's not 100% accurate, but I did some calculations based on UR200 mu 115%.

TT return was 86%, probably a bit less depending on the MU of the leftover materials. Even assuming avg mu of 200% on the 850 remaining material, return is >75%

I'd say that is pretty good return, especially given the low number of clicks. :scratch2:

Now your can made sensor , because its people use
Ryl , if want craft it low budget go ahead , make 1k click in sensor or near this

(probably sensor market drop after this post but , most gamblers use to made runs in ampcrafters)

Back