PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 88
  1. #21
    Old Alpha
    Joined
    Jul 2008
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Germany
    Avatar
    BaronNuss XXVII DepositFinder
    Society
    Art of Mining
    Posts
    779
    Images
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by K_rupT View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Donīt watch this picture without right music:



    Anyway, I think EU will live for another "decade", with the power of love and no other serious RCE competition, Diablo 3 goes RCE-light with real auction, itīs maybe the future besides micro-transaction-MMOs.

  2. 02-07-2012, 10:24
    Reason
    A variety of 3.6, 3.2, 2.3 and / or replies

  3. #22
    Old Alpha K_rupT's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2008
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Eudoria
    Avatar
    KrupT KrupT RaveR
    Posts
    891
    Images
    51

  4. 02-07-2012, 10:24
    Reason
    A variety of 3.6, 3.2, 2.3 and / or replies

  5. 02-07-2012, 10:26
    Reason
    A variety of 3.6, 3.2, 2.3 and / or replies

  6. 02-07-2012, 10:37
    Reason
    A variety of 3.6, 3.2, 2.3 and / or replies

  7. 02-07-2012, 10:42
    Reason
    A variety of 3.6, 3.2, 2.3 and / or replies

  8. #23
    Elite shoti's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2008
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    hee...the sky
    Avatar
    Shogomad Shoti 1st
    Society
    Ex Cons
    Posts
    4,471
    Images
    109
    We are curently in increasing No of participants moment. That is visible even on forum. Hard to say if thats only corection of generally downfall trend or new direction.
    But it's easy to see that total number of participants is tiny compared to any other mmorpg or online casino ( whatever u think is truth, those numbers are small ). Number of participants remain tiny even 90% of old systems is back, even we are in CE2 now, and even avg PC can run it now ( what was not so obvious 2 years ago ), even 3 new planets are here.

    So basicaly all thing we were hyperventilating 2 years ago, that they improve numbers of participants are here.
    All we have now is foggy promiss of add campaign, and 2 new planets coming.

    If we agree that players mean everything for business like this, 1 M accounts its obvious PR bulshit, and more of us is not addicted on fanboy - then i dont see bright future. If only heaviest gamblers, life fanboys, and casuals will remain we only see more and more price degradation. There will be no big sudden colapse, rather easy,slowly chiling down ( last one will turn light off )

    Bancrupcy of MA with curent active playerbase will be at curent state COURT DRAMA. If Planet partners fade away one after another ( we see that already with abandoned NI ), same will be with participants. On the wery end few helpless fanboys and gamblers will be no threat to MA lawyer and EULA.


    So WE NEED THAT GAME TO BE POPULAR, and we need more players....but we know that few years already and nothing was done to change that. Oldsystem back, New systems, CE2, new planets - thats all not working.

    EU is tiny and costly game propeled by few K angry customers, frustrated more or less. I saw bussines on beter fundation faling.

  9. 02-07-2012, 10:49
    Reason
    A variety of 3.6, 3.2, 2.3 and / or replies

  10. #24
    Elite shoti's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2008
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    hee...the sky
    Avatar
    Shogomad Shoti 1st
    Society
    Ex Cons
    Posts
    4,471
    Images
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity01 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...
    However, I'm not so sure about calypso....
    1.
    Moving the company main office to Mexico where bankruptcy laws are in favor of corporations,
    2. CLD sale, and yet no advertisement by ma in the name of some concerned about new players issues (per Kim)
    3. All the issues linked to beacons, sand king and hussk.


    I.....
    ad1. You sure of that ? Can u provide any source thats interesting ( why move it off sweden? )
    Also Kim being family of chairman...nothing bad in that generally, but i saw already strange situations due such fact in few companies.


    As for mentioned Caly bankrupcy - seems that we only move to other planet so no big deal, but A.G. Universe is still owned by MA so i still see bancrupcy of each as bancrupcy of both.

    MA may survive in some small form to handle planet partners operation, but if not planet partners are screwed even more than regularparticipants

  11. #25
    Stalker Aeris_is_back's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Edmonton Eh
    Avatar
    Darcy Aeris Wood : was Darcy Aeris is Back Wood
    Society
    It burns when I PVP
    Posts
    2,254
    Images
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychopathic View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How long do you think MA will survive?
    depends most other mmo's charge $15 ish a month subscription fees + $40 a xpac every 1.5+ years, I would think the avg mid level player deposits much more then that a month. enough to cover the loss from people who don't contribute or otherwise.

    I think people are less willing to pump out tons of cash for items and we are seeing everything shrink. I am not at all concerned with the games future, we are fine =)
    0.7.49

  12. 02-07-2012, 10:55
    Reason
    A variety of 3.6, 3.2, 2.3 and / or replies

  13. #26
    Stalker mike jones's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Hong Kong, China
    Posts
    1,846
    lol @ op thx for the lolz
    Selling: Twin mall lvl3 #1L shop

  14. 02-07-2012, 11:04
    Reason
    A variety of 3.6, 3.2, 2.3 and / or replies

  15. 02-07-2012, 11:06
    Reason
    A variety of 3.6, 3.2, 2.3 and / or replies

  16. 02-07-2012, 11:09
    Reason
    A variety of 3.6, 3.2, 2.3 and / or replies

  17. #27
    Prowler maxwellhawk's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2005
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    by the sea
    Avatar
    max hawk phoenix
    Society
    Damage Inc.
    Posts
    1,420
    Images
    106
    This IQ test thing is a bit childish...don't you think?
    Reminds me of the my daddy can beat up your daddy.
    HOLY COW CUBS WIN!!!
    Ask me and I probably will - tell me and I probably won't

  18. #28
    Banned
    Joined
    Feb 2009
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    In the fabric of time and space
    Avatar
    Space Infinity01 Time
    Society
    Freelancer
    Posts
    2,065
    Images
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well actually he is an artist for the Calypso team and that Sven guy is the CEO of AR Universe (check Bertha Bot threads for the thread about this).
    Well, I was away for 7 days... so didnt' know that ... thinks for the info!



    Quote Originally Posted by shoti View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ad1. You sure of that ? Can u provide any source thats interesting ( why move it off sweden? )
    I read it somewhere in the internet that mexican bankruptcy laws favor debtors as opposed to creditors.........not sure what is in sweden... I said it could be one of the reason..

    The other reasons could be the time zone. and cheaper over all cost in mexico!
    Last edited by Infinity01; 02-07-2012 at 11:39.

  19. #29
    Seeing as how some of the early MMO's are still around in one form or another. Ultima Online, Everquest etc, and Eu has been around for a decade, and imo has been continually growing and evolving the whole time. I also feel its only a fraction of the way it will grow into.

    I could see our community being the first Virtual Reality MMO. If people will spend 45k peds on a spaceship, and 200 peds on a gold card to be shipped to them, how much would they pay for VR hardware, to be shipped? and with such hardware, would a company such as Amazon.com desire to build a multimedia planet that users could purchase things in a VR setting? Even with out VR the Cry2 engine opens up a whole bunch of options for planet developers that are currently not even being used.

    I do worry that blizzard is throwing their hat into the RCE ring, with upcoming (never to be released) diablo 3's real cash auction house. Blizzard has a way of stealing the show sometimes...

    As for people saying dropping prices are killing the game, I disagree. Dropping prices may be killing "your" profit, or your ability to profit doing the things your used to, but that's not a bad thing..since your making that profit from me, and other item users.

    Falling item prices allow players to use more gear, hunt a variety of mobs, and find ways to enjoy the game they otherwise would not have done. Since loot return will not profit, and MU may not profit large, those same players will deposit more to play, because its fun. Deposited money goes to MA, MU goes to the seller. Losing ridiculous MU will make EU stronger imo.

    Anyway games back up, so back to play. I Fully expect EU to be here for the next 10 years unless the US bans the internet or the myans win...but its dynamic

  20. #30
    Old Alpha
    Joined
    Feb 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Latvia
    Society
    none
    Posts
    1,112

    A perspective

    Made a long ass post. Too much bla bla, so I'll try to keep it as compact as I can.

    MA did 3 nice things in the 2010-2012.

    Opened up the system to other companies, so they can churn out new content non stop. So EU won't die because of content shortage in the next years.

    They introduced a revenue sharing system on the central planet - Brilliant move, good way to get some fresh real money in game, and deplete the "unconsumed holdings" part of their accounting books. As well this is a really nice move toward players who supported the game over the years.

    They are developing a space component, which can turn out to be a goldmine, if done right.

    These three aspects will keep the game floating for the next few years.

    What MA needs to do:

    Fix goddamn bugs please! This should be the number one priority. No game is bugless, but EU has been "half broken" somewhat since the beginning.

    Please, for Pete's sake, try selling the game to customers, instead of relying on Guinness book of records and half assed sensationalist press releases to attract players.

    MA needs to break the vicious circle that hunting seems to be stuck in: "Not enough input in hunting =not enough output from hunting = not enough input, because there is no output". Hunting is the core. Everything, that is wrong with it is the fundamental problem of everything else, thats going on lately, dwindling markups, investments getting shot, and bad vibes in general as a result.
    If the "TT return VS TIME" factor is improved to a more casual level, hunting will experience a resurgence of trust, and that will be good for everyone in game,hunters, crafters, miners, traders pirates, etc.

    Finally, keep making the whole EU experience more new player friendly. PE/EU has made STRIDES in that department, compared to 2005, but there is still a long way to go.

    Of course EU is just as much affected as everyone else by the current climate of uncertainity and fear IRL. Of course they can go under, due to some financial institutions failing in the supposed upcoming "Financial Armageddon part 2".
    Some guys can decide to wage a war, and then everything can go totally wrong, but that is a whole another topic for a different forum.
    Retired miner

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook