The Pharmacist

KlowN

Stalker
Krevorn KlowN Tzavask
(Please note before reading this: I am a supporter of fixing bugs before introducing new content, but I am bored at work, so heres a creative idea) :)

So...maybe i'm think out my @$$, maybe people may like it...either way, heres a fresh idea for everyone to think about. I'm sure you've all played mmos, rpgs, whatever with some sort of profession that creates consumables for "buffs"...many games call this-The Alchemist.

Now I was thinking, with advertising coming along for all the different PPs/EU as an overall, of course we will see a lot of new players *crosses fingers*. With this, many will want to create a service, in which will basically add to the already ton of pilots, traders, etc. Also, many new players will want to be able to do things beyond their level to see what that profession has to offer in the future if they continue down that path (such as, killing some stronger creatures to see if it is fun or not before they decide to say nah, I like mining (or whatever) better).

I randomly thought of the idea, why not create an EU-style, sci-fi version on the alchemist? Perhaps it could be a profession, like crafting, where one could make say, vitamins, using things that we already know of, like animal oil+ iron to make a HP boost for a certain duration. With this, the vitamin would be consumed (would be a stackable I suppose). There obviously could be many different vitamins, with various benefits to different things (not only hunting, like maybe an intelligence for mining, etc), but i'm not going to waste that much time, this is just a random idea :p. This could allow players to play beyond their level for a bit to see if they enjoy it (maybe have a max level requirement for a vitamin). Also, it opens up a completely new service, not to mention, more variety of uses for shops etc.

Maybe this is a stupid idea? Who knows, if so, doesn't bother me, just trying to waste some time :p. Thanks for any and all opinions :).

I actually quite like the idea, gives more use for the crap we loot and allows people to go wild for an hour or so hunting a mob they normally couldnt hunt, or use a finder, weapon they couldnt normally use, not all of us are tree huggers some want to go nuts and damn the eco

Bring it on. +rep for you

I actually quite like the idea, gives more use for the crap we loot and allows people to go wild for an hour or so hunting a mob they normally couldnt hunt, or use a finder, weapon they couldnt normally use, not all of us are tree huggers some want to go nuts and damn the eco

Bring it on. +rep for you

Tyvm :) and thats very true, we have too much TT loot now.

It's a great idea for sure. We've recently got stackable enhancers for our weapons and armors, why not for ourselves?

Poppin pills! Sounds cool

Klown "We have too much TT loot now"

The only thing I found in game that you need to find the formula for is when making DNA. for those that don't know you need the exact ingredients from a mob to make a DNA. a certain number of bones plus certain number of hides etc plus DNA frag.

One of the most exciting things MA could introduce would be to expand on that for various potions to use in game. I'm sure the most easiest potion forumlas would soon be posted on the forum. But as they get more complicated then people might decide to hold the secret formula for themselves, maybe sell these potions at good MU.

Point is something like this would add some depth and excitment to EU. And if it could be treated like making DNA with a refiner, then it can cost nothing util you got the mixture exactly right.

Then you get charged for something you will actual get back. This I would like to see.

Rick

In the age of genetic-manipulation, these items are necessary indeed, and should sell well:

HP Regen Stim: +100% Faster HP regen buff (stackable x5) (1 hour).

Evasion Stim: +1000 Evade skill buffs (stackable x5) (1 hour).

Dodgy Rusty Needle: +1000 Dodge skill buffs (stackable x5) (1 hour).

Weapons Master Stim: 10/10 Hit/Damage buff for any wielded weapon (1 hour).

Crafter Stim: +1000 chosen crafter skill level (stackable x5) (1 hour).

Mining Stim: +1000 chosen mining skill level (stackable x5) (1 hour).

Combat Stim: +1000 chosen combat skill level (stackable x5) (1 hour).

Attributes Stim: +10 chosen attribute level (stackable x5) (1 hour).

Runner Stim: +100% Running Speed (stackable x 5) (1 hour).

Jumper Stim: +100% Jumping height (stackable x 5) (1 hour).

Great for PVP/Hunters/Miners, and crafters. And a huge PED sink and money-maker for MA.

kinda suprising that avatars can't 'consume' the beer on RT...

yes for brewery skills and herbal lore! We have been without a propper gulp for way too long, its not in our world but it still seems to be in our genes hehe...

Some more ideas:
In Ultima Underworld the consumption of mushrooms had (often negative) effects on your whole interface. Strange colors, unreadable icons and such. On the other hand this system could also be used for player-generated interface and layout creation. Take a pill and your interface looks all blury, bloomy, shiny, dark, colorful, bleak or however the interface designer designed it. So pharmacy can not only be a way to buff your avatar but also to create individual interface-masks that will alter the design for icons, healthbars, the chat, even soundsets and the look of your avatar or maybe even the whole game...

The following pill may be looted from a Zombie
---
Warning! Do you really want to consume the interface pill: Zombie Nightmare ? You may suffer sensoric disfunctions and anomalities of movement while you are under the effect of this pharmaceutic product. Additionally the outer appearance of your avatar may alter and your avatar condition may change to addicted, bloodthirsty, euphoric or poisoned.
- Yes -No
---

What you make out of it is a matter of phantasy

Runner Stim: +100% Running Speed (stackable x 5) (1 hour).

This would pretty much kill the tiny remaining usefulness of the horribly balanced speed-up MindForce chip :rolleyes:

More general:
I am not sure this would really be that good overall... it would risk devaluing skills even further, and it would be very hard to balance (obviously it could have some downside, like physical enhancers blurring vision and making you aim worse or focus enhancers (like aim for example) giving you worse psysical condition for the duration... but it would still be very hard to balance).

Obviously, those are the more general arguments against it. On a more personal level, I am against it because it would hinder (or render obsolete) similar MindForce powers (as I am a MindForce user).

So to sum it up... I am against the idea, would rather see MindForce powers with such effects (as it is supposed to be a profession in its own right and not just another ranged combat type as it is now) and things like this would make sense from a storyline/lore type point of view.

Not a new idea. I recall having posted something similar before, and having seen others do the same.

Not new, but still a good idea. There are many advantages such beverages could have, for instance a temporary increasy of HP, or ability to run faster, etc.

Something like that would be good for everyone, provided that these benefits do not affect existing benefits from other sources (so it should not replace MF or vehicles): to MA/FPC - more income, to players: well, the benefits.

You could have the beverages sold by a barman, who also buys the ingredients to make them. For every drink, there is a recipe (like a BP). For every drink sold, he will purchase one times the ingredients needed. And the ingredients... are non-tt value items added to the loot, or found on the ground.

For instance:
Calypsian Sundown -
1x ingredient A
1x ingredient B
1x ingredient C

Step 1)
Player A buys a drink
Step 2)
Buylist from bar is edited. A +1 B +1 C +1
Step 3)
Player B enters the bar, carrying 3x A, 1x B, 4xC
Step 4)
Player B talks to the barman, offering to sell stuff. He is then presented with the buylist. He sells all he can sell. His inventory changes: -1 for each item. The buylist is reduced by 1 for each item.
Step 5)
Player B is paid for his ingredients.

Of course, the price of the beverage will be higher than the price for the added ingredients. So if a drink is 1 PED, the bartender buys, for instance, each ingredient for 10 pec each.

This way, newbies also get a new way of making money, without it costing MA/FPC anything.

At first glance when reading this thread I thought it seemed out of place. Potions, pills etc are the realm of other RPG's, online or not.

Upon re-reading, the ideas may work very well as long as the context is correct and implemented at numerous levels within current systems.

Taking into consideration some of the ideas and 30 seconds of thought, ive come up with the following:

Professions:
Nano-technologist, Nano-biologist (Misc)
Mechano-augmenter, Bio-augmenter (MF)

Skills: Intel, biology, genetics, chemistry (new), biotechnology (new), fission technology (new), fusion technology etc....

The idea:
New materials may be extracted from existing natural materials and minerals and/or new loots to be refined to create a range of engineered modifications with a temp effect to physical attributes (health, running speed, cloaking - Nano-biologist profession) or to mechanical attributes (armour, weapons, vehicles, equipment - nano-technologist profession).

The above can be applied as a set of MF professions in which refinement of the extracted materials creates stackable mini-MF chips.

Very rough ideas, probably with many holes...but this thread is about being creative.

This would pretty much kill the tiny remaining usefulness of the horribly balanced speed-up MindForce chip :rolleyes:

Not quite. These are TEMPORARY 1 hour buffs. And.. to buff up each and every skill-tree x5 will most likely cost a fortune.

This is more for the people who dont give a damn about the peds - or people in urgency (eg pvp mining) or need (eg commisioned crafters) - who will burn the peds to use them.

Also, this brings about more uses for those useless items we loot from hunting. Maybe even the novas/blazars can be made useful and in demand. Introduces more crafting and more uses for everyone.

Mindforce is PERMANENT. The force will stay with you, always.

Not quite. These are TEMPORARY 1 hour buffs. And.. to buff up each and every skill-tree x5 will most likely cost a fortune.

Mindforce is PERMANENT. The force will stay with you, always.

The MindForce speed up chip is (L), requires level 25 pyro (and therefore also a NP30, NP50 or NP55), has an effect of 0.15 and lasts 120 seconds/use, not stackable. You have to stand still and charge it for 3 seconds (moving or getting hit disrupts it).

So yeah, it would make them even more useless :laugh:

EDIT: Besides, there are better ways to give the useless items in loot a use... for example, make all components actually have a use in items. That way I am sure a lot of resources would increase in price, should the end result be useful.

Make MindForce chips craftable and you help that profession as well, use sweat in the blueprint recipe even and newbies will be happy. I don't mind paying a bit extra markup for buff chips and such as long as combat chips are affordable and easy to find (unlike how most of them are now).

I probably would be trying crafting a abit more if there was an opportunity to craft MF chips.

I'm sure tons in the development pipeline. At least its good to share some creative ideas (as was mentioned before)

More on MF, how about:

once you have reached a certain MF ability, you can fly (even if it burns some SME). shouldn't be hard to implement that one, as the air is already programmed.

Basically I want to see all this skill gain have some more use, other than I can use a a bigger gun, or chip. Those added little fun factor things.

But you need to have earned the skill to trigger these things.

Basically I want to see all this skill gain have some more use, other than I can use a a bigger gun, or chip. Those added little fun factor things.

But you need to have earned the skill to trigger these things.

Indeed, some type of incentive for skilling would be nice :)

If you haven't already, please feel free to add some comments in my thread (of a similar topic) here: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?221785

Don't wanna go too off topic in this one :laugh: heh

Back