REQUEST: Afterburner Attachments for Aircrafts!

uni_corn

Guardian
Society
Free as a bee flying over a tree
Silvia unicorn Hart
Hi,

we need some afterburner attachments for aircrafts to make aircombat in space or planet more fun.

It makes real combat situations come to life not these slowpokeish fight we see now someone fly behind you and pew pew pew their kismets and you are only able to make some movements like a chicken :D

It would also make PVP events in air available - EU searches Topace!

Quadwings would get quite some combat advantage here just add some more guns to the motherships as they will need it for sure.

Everyone who dont want to spend his money for that can continue to fly like he does now.

Aircrafts with that attachment should be able to slow down fast and accelerate over usual top speed for some seconds again or until the pilot disables it.

Make them attachments craftable and limited with a nice low decay so we can see whats going in space.

- More things to craft
- More things to decay
- More use of oil at moment of usage
- Space and Airbattles for real
- Real Entertainment (what you guys always say you want for us)

I know and understand that violence is not a solution for violence but come on yeah yeeeeaaahhh :handgun:

Vipers up here!

Afterburner on WIKI:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afterburner

Cryengine can deliver that make something out of your investment.

greets!

Last edited:
Freelancer had afterburners... I think Tachyon: The Fringe might've as well... and I like it, so yeah why not :)

However, make them use some of the components that currently has none or little use, to make newer crafters able to sell more of what they craft to skill :) MA mentioned something before (think over on EF but not sure) about overhauling the crafting system and making sure more components have a use so I guess this would be a step in the right direction :dunno:

Also, they should use some other fuel than simply oil... maybe a kind of "Burner Fuel" based on Oil+Sweat or something, as Vibrant Sweat is supposed to have energy in it?

Threads like this belong in the Suggestions/Wishlist forum, not Dev's Corner.

Please make an effort to post new threads in the proper location, thanks.

This would be a great addition to the Quad...
Very Fun...

Threads like this belong in the Suggestions/Wishlist forum, not Dev's Corner.

Please make an effort to post new threads in the proper location, thanks.

hello, i dont agree with that. Specially because you didnt took any time to get information from me why i posted it in the devs corner. you make mindarks customers angry with such behaviour. how do you want to make me motivated again now?

the post is not meant to be a "suggestion" or "whish" its like my thread tilte says a REQUEST to the developers.

its not enough to call something entertainment the content is what makes it entertaining. and is not enough to let the customers feedback snoozing for years in some whislists...

please move it in the devs corner again.

thank you for good service on the customer in advance :)

hello, i dont agree with that. Specially because you didnt took any time to get information from me why i posted it in the devs corner. you make mindarks customers angry with such behaviour. how do you want to make me motivated again now?

the post is not meant to be a "suggestion" or "whish" its like my thread tilte says a REQUEST to the developers.

Well to be honest, "request" is pretty much the same as a "wish" as in that a request is basically the voicing of a wish.

Request:
noun 1. the act of asking for something to be given or done

Wish:
n. A desire, longing, or strong inclination for a specific thing.

And it is covered in the dev posts part:
Post suggestions (or suggestions disguised as questions) for new features or changes to existing features/game systems. Such threads belong in the Suggestions/Wishlist forum.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?217337

Don't get me wrong, it is a good suggestion and I very much approve of it, but it is a suggestion, or wish, even if you call it a request.

nonono

if i tell a company a whish they will tell me "ye i whish that also" and nothing happen

if i write a request they have to go serious into that and do a official detailed answer if its done or not. and if not have to tell reason why. if nothing happen theres other official ways to go for it then. maybe a higher decider has to be contacted then.

it truly matters how you call something.

but still happy that people agree with that it be a good addition. that cheer up!

thanks for support! :)

its not enough to call something entertainment the content is what makes it entertaining. and is not enough to let the customers feedback snoozing for years in some whislists...

please move it in the devs corner again.

thank you for good service on the customer in advance :)

Ooooh, this is gonna be good. (Probably.)

:popcorn:

i dont think the server can handle afterburners.
before the space update, when everything became so huge..
the quads were already at top speed all the time, therefore whenever something slight happened in space,
you would start lagging for 1 sec every 3 secs while flying forwards.

this has to do with the avatar's location on your computer and the actual location which is on the server.
if those get unaligned this kind of lag will emerge.
unfortunatly, going up to 100km/h in space had already pushed that to it's limits,
therefore i think afterburners will not work.

however, it's a great idea and i sure would like to shoot myself around in my quad,
if MA would update their servers and bandwith, sure they could get more out of the cryengine.
but plz no more lags when it's very important you don't get one ^^

Hi,

i know that space is not running like it should and lot tell that things like crossing certain borders or planet/station entry and exit should be way smoother.

but these are for me things the company has to solve and i dont want to focus too much on speculations about if their servers or bandwith or other equiptment can handle entertaining content or not. if not the product got a serious problem. it has been the company who bought a gaming engine not meant to be created for mmorpgs so they should get on it. i want to see them "here we got it running as hell" not "these are the (undetailed) reason we cant do anything".

we as players cant evaluate these tech things we have not the insight info the devs have. we the players are the ones to evaluate a product on entertain factor, if its free of errors and if it got reasonable content to spend the cost per play it costs or to call it unreasonable.

so i would appreciate it if more players would seek for reasons that something should be done. i sometimes can hardly imagine something to be successful also but then it encourages me to try it even harder.

thank you for taking time getting into the theme!

the hard part about implementing secondary systems like 'afterburners' is that we currently have no way to use a second item. we only can have 1 item equipped at a time. so this is something that would take a complete overhaul of the way we equip and use items. unless it could be attached and was used constantly or something.

the hard part about implementing secondary systems like 'afterburners' is that we currently have no way to use a second item. we only can have 1 item equipped at a time. so this is something that would take a complete overhaul of the way we equip and use items. unless it could be attached and was used constantly or something.

Quite simple to implement really, complete overhaul sounds very dramatic and we already have attachments that function with key assignments such as VTOL and Quad weapons.

Few lines of 'if' and 'else' statements, a key assignment and 1 or 2 other logic tests.

Thinking of the problem in logical terms and converting it into code is very simple indeed - in fact most of it is an extension of what is already there.

Overall, good idea.

Quite simple to implement really, complete overhaul sounds very dramatic and we already have attachments that function with key assignments such as VTOL and Quad weapons.

Few lines of 'if' and 'else' statements, a key assignment and 1 or 2 other logic tests.

Thinking of the problem in logical terms and converting it into code is very simple indeed - in fact most of it is an extension of what is already there.

Overall, good idea.

i think its a bit more complicated than a dormant attachment. basically everything in this game so far is 'one click to use', adding a second ACTIVE tool to be used simultaneously with another is a big change. if it wasn't it would have already been done in earlier systems. we can barely run and jump as it is.

don't get me wrong though, i love the idea :)

The idea sounds quite sensible, but I fear this would result in an uneven playing field, with people who are capable of making bigger deposits, being able to just kill everybody they come across, stealing their stuff. That would result in space being off limits for anyone with less than a huge fortune to spend.

In real life there is nothing lika an old dogfight. Today you use your radar, find your target 400km away, fire your missile and then turn back home, waiting for the target to die. We need missiles and long range radar to make it more as in real life. :lolup:

hello,

im happy about everyone who takes some time before answering or writeing anything in this thread.

I want people who write what they think about the idea itself and not to answer or speculate on any technical things EU related.

To explain it a little more:
I do not want any speculative answers of people who dont have the insight info to evaluate if its doable or not.
Its the developers job to answer on these tech based things. They offer the possibility to get in contact with them so they are getting payed to takte that part If theres a button ingame at the moment which makes it useable or if its not there atm is not relevant for the idea and also off topic.

So when you dont belong to the calypso developer team please be so kind and dont comment anything the developers can only comment. If you comment without the propper insight info you make people believe that its not doable and the possibility that something change will die cause noone had a closer look because of missleading comments.

If you have any knowledge on coding a game you may still comment when the developers did the first step. Developers are still humans and can make mistakes also of course.

What do you think about the idea itself?

They could just assign it so that when it is attached you use the same button to toggle between regular flight and afterburner as you use for "Toggle Walk/Run" when not in a vehicle :dunno:

Else they could just add it like an item equipped by the vehicle somehow, not the avatar? To be honest, I don't think the problem with that is as big as you think :) it can probably be fixed fairly easy (altho I do not know anything about game design myself so I may be wrong)

They could just assign it so that when it is attached you use the same button to toggle between regular flight and afterburner as you use for "Toggle Walk/Run" when not in a vehicle :dunno:

Else they could just add it like an item equipped by the vehicle somehow, not the avatar? To be honest, I don't think the problem with that is as big as you think :) it can probably be fixed fairly easy (altho I do not know anything about game design myself so I may be wrong)

Fun fact for ya, As a Computer Science Major, once you know 3 or 4 computer languages, You kinda know them all. Not the syntax of course, but the methoid to orgianizeing, instituting and calling is all the same. All bug fix's are quite easy, they just take time. And as a coder myself, i am somehwat dissapointed in MA's lack of effort in there "Bug Fix" department. This would be a great oppertunity for them to hire an intern, and have him do all the hard work. *wink wink* *nuge nuge* MA.
<=== Compuer Science Major here!

Why change an existing vehicle with addons, maybe better to ask for a new one instead?

Theryon has some in the pipe: http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/Theryon_Wars

And Cyrene will hopefully also add some new cool vehicles:
http://www.google.se/imgres?q=cyren...4&tbnw=183&start=0&ndsp=38&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0

So no I don't like the idea of addons to the Quadwing, it's fine as it is.

good stuff. why not new fighters with more possibilites.

mothership bomber.. interesting things.

cost to use must not even be that high that only a few can afford. make it doable for a wide group of people it will pay off as fast as if only a few pay it high...

some more about accelerating and movement:

The idea sounds quite sensible, but I fear this would result in an uneven playing field, with people who are capable of making bigger deposits, being able to just kill everybody they come across, stealing their stuff. That would result in space being off limits for anyone with less than a huge fortune to spend.

You mean more or less like the rest of EU? ;)

well actually i even think the way it is now is too unequal having 1 behind you in reach of the kismet ends for most in a shotdown guarantee.

haveing a possibility to equal a fight out with some pecs makes it way more enjoyable does it?

well actually i even think the way it is now is too unequal having 1 behind you in reach of the kismet ends for most in a shotdown guarantee.

haveing a possibility to equal a fight out with some pecs makes it way more enjoyable does it?

Would be nice to use the rear gun even though your alone in the Quad. Kismet only shoots forward. Or maybe be able to replace one gun with a rear end shiled/plating. That would make it more equal since when shot from behind the shield take the hit and you can turn your quad and then return fire on an equal level. IMO the existing manouverability is enough. I have dutch several shoots fired at me, but in the end you mostly end up dead anyway :)

I think Valkyries should have afterburners too, for doin' sweeeeet jumps! :wtg:

Would be nice to use the rear gun even though your alone in the Quad. Kismet only shoots forward. Or maybe be able to replace one gun with a rear end shiled/plating. That would make it more equal since when shot from behind the shield take the hit and you can turn your quad and then return fire on an equal level. IMO the existing manouverability is enough. I have dutch several shoots fired at me, but in the end you mostly end up dead anyway :)

that is also a good possibility for vehicles.

another: being able to drop a space mine or trap while flying forwards the attacker got to avoid then.

some mine versions the attacker got damage
some other mine which make the attacker slower for some seconds due to electric impact...

to not make it too easy for the chased one the mines could be shootable and wont do anything if shot before explosion.

maybe someone got to choose then either to take the attachment for mines or for the afterburner on board.

spaceships should be way more customisable.

that would offer a large variety of different fight scenes. no fight would be running like a equal script each time and we would be challenged to develope strategic skills. the players decisions be more in the foreground than now what makes a huge difference in gaming experience.

If I fail at a situation cause I didnt prepare and train myself I can take a defeat easier than being just delivered to be beaten like it is now the case.

there should be more possibilites inside EU to influence your destiny after you made the initial decision and took ignition.

What are you developers thinking?

Last edited:
Back