Question: Finder tier

kmpkid

Mature
Hi guys,
I noticed on AH that there is a small question to me, a noob in this game. Anyone please tell me what the finder tier means? I found finder with higher tier is much more expensive than lower one. So I guess that the finders with higher tier will help me find more ore/enmatter (in general) than the lower ones. Is this right?
Thanks you guys.

The integer portion of the tier tells you how many enhancer slots are available on that item. In the case of a finder you can use these slots to attach depth enhancers to increase average search depth and that in turn increases the chance of finding ressources with higher markup. That's the short version of the whole story. :)

Edit: Or do you mean the list of tier rates? These tell you how fast the tier of the item climbs when the item is used.

Last edited:
The integer portion of the tier tells you how many enhancer slots are available on that item. In the case of a finder you can use these slots to attach depth enhancers to increase average search depth and that in turn increases the chance of finding ressources with higher markup. That's the short version of the whole story. :)

Edit: Or do you mean the list of tier rates? These tell you how fast the tier of the item climbs when the item is used.

Thank you first. But I just want to make it more clear that if the finder reaches tier 5, that means we can attach the 5 (at most) enhancers to this finder. Right?
Thanks for your answer.

Thank you first. But I just want to make it more clear that if the finder reaches tier 5, that means we can attach the 5 (at most) enhancers to this finder. Right?
Thanks for your answer.

No!

Having a tier 5 item mean u can have enhancers in socket I-V. U can have any ammount of enhancers in the sockets (I think, at least very many)

As an example u could have 6 lvl I enhancers, 3 lvl II, 9 lvl III etc.

Hope that cleared it up for you! :cool:

Edit: Might have misunderstood your last post hehe...

Last edited:
Thanks for your answer.

Yes!

Well, sort of. At tier 5 you can attach one stack of level I enhancer, one stack of level 2 enhancers and so on up to one stack of level IV enhancers. Nicko is right on this. However, only one enhancer per stack actually modifies the properties of the item. So a single enhancer has the some effect as a stack of 10. Stacks are only for your convenience so your item does not lose properties in the middle of a battle if an enhancer breaks for example. Oh yeah: Enhancers break after a while. On every use of the item there is chance that an enhancer on it breaks.

Last edited:
Back