FYI: Loot Facts!

danimal01

Elite
Society
AoE - Agents of Entropy
Daniel Danimal Diep
This is NOT another loot theory thread but simply a facts loot observance thread that will attempt to debunk all of those so called "loot theories".

Using BIG weapons that do lots of damage will bring in LOTS of loots:
False, while using big weapons might seem as though you are getting more loots you are simply spending more peds per shot; so in order to compensate for that MA balances out your avatar by giving you more globals/hofs.

Using ECO weapons that do lots of damage will bring in LOTS of loots:
False, while using eco weapons might seem as though you are getting more loots you are simply spending less peds per shot; so in order to compensate for that MA balances out your avatar by giving you fewer globals/hofs.

Generally, the amount of peds spent in ammo is usually roughly the TT amount you will get back but it will never be 100%. This goes with big and eco weapons.

Hunting with big guns on big mobs will yield LOTS of loots:
False, while doing this you run the risk of pissing away your peds hunting something that is outside of your skill range. You should only hunt something that you can effectively kill.

I should hunt the mobs that are globaling/hofing right now in order to get "in" on the loots:
While it might seem as though that particular mob is globaling/hofing a lot you should not follow trends. Meaning if it is globaling/hofing a lot for one player it is probably MA paying back that avatar to even out his loot distribution or it is some sort of MA ran event to suck peds away from you and pay out to the person with the most DPS.

I am only gaining 50% back in returns, the loot pool must be changed/busted!
False, the loot pool has been the same as it has been since I've started playing in 2010. You are probably doing one of the stupid things above and are too ashamed to admit it. Change your practices and hunt something within your skill range..-Taken out

Hunting mobs with more HP will yield more globals/hofs.
True and false. While the more hp the mob has it just means the chances of you hitting a global/hof are higher, it does not necessarily mean that you will hit a global/hof on each kill. This also goes with saying that mobs with an unusually high amount of HP will always loot. There are some exceptions to this rule though.

The "house" MindArk is always designed to win.
True, this is because MindArk is a company and handles the balancing of the loot system. They can not give out TT after every single run because for the simple fact that they need to maintain servers etc. A good way to offset this is to hunt for Mark Up items so you can at least break even or (dare I say it) profit. This also goes with saying:
You're {screwed} no matter what you do.

more to come..

~Danimal

Last edited:
That only confirms my Grand Unified Loot Theory: You're fucked no matter what you do.

There.

False, the loot pool has been the same as it has been since I've started playing in 2010. You are probably doing one of the stupid things above and are too ashamed to admit it. Change your practices and hunt something within your skill range..

This, this, this, and this again :wise:

Perhaps the great fact ever revealed in the history of hunting in Entropia was shared by our number crunching wizard Jimmy B:

Conclusion, Part 2

Not looting the mobs you kill is a bad strategy.

Interesting point that the more eco you are the harder it is to get good loots, but saying that, I have had better globals in the last few months than in the last few years...

the loot pool has been the same as it has been since I've started playing in 2010.
~Danimal

sadly you have no idea of what it was before ...............................

I may not have started when you have Dr, but these are the things from the loot pool I have been observing.. care to share some of this insight? :)

~Danimal

Using BIG weapons that do lots of damage will bring in LOTS of loots:
False, while using big weapons might seem as though you are getting more loots you are simply spending more peds per shot; so in order to compensate for that MA balances out your avatar by giving you more globals/hofs.

Contradicting yourself here.

It's been the same since 2007 :), I was a VU 8 baby. I am aware that things were different in the distant misty past of the "First Golden Age" though.

how about the globals during the one hour events on LA's .. i still think location has something to do with loot. i.e. a location with 60 hunters killing mobs might pay out more than the LA with a single hunter.

but who knows what is true or what isn't.. so just keep shooting :D

location is important.

ammo tt is returned short term, amp decay mid term and gun decay long term if ever.

armor decay may come back partially long term, fap decay is lost.

it seems dynamic though, like system use the variables differently from time to time.

basics remain the same though.

cheers

ermik

.... i.e. a location with 60 hunters killing mobs might pay out more than the LA with a single hunter...

According to my calculations you are correct.
It should pay out approximately 60 times as much.

narfi

Last edited:
False, the loot pool has been the same as it has been since I've started playing in 2010. You are probably doing one of the stupid things above and are too ashamed to admit it. Change your practices and hunt something within your skill range..

Change your practices and hunt something within your skill range..

Do you suggest that if I chip the hell out then I will not get 80% lootless on small mobs????

I don;t think location is important in hunting, in LA events the only thing that differs is that there are a lot of plyaers there ( aka lot of money cicled) if those 60 players were to hunt in another location I think that location will deliver a lot of globals

It's the location of the money if you wish so:) I would event propose a test for 200 hunters in a small space, we will make that lot of land VIP

So...where the F**K is my money, show me the money!:)

~Danimal

Well, i have been hunting with the same set up and over the last few weeks i am getting 50-60% return, where the month before, each hunt after repairs i was easlier getting 75-120% return.

I think you make good points in all the others, i think this last one is flawed though :)

Mindark can change the distribution at any time. If you are interested in a possible loot distribution, google weibull distribution.

there are also "gaps" in the loot distribution. In mining its a blank space where a claim should appear and for hunting, its simple this mob has no loot. In other words a value of zero has been added to the distribution.

I do not like this new distribution as it punishes players for using a natural talent that they posses like math or analysis, on the flipside it aids players that do not have these talents by improving their loot.

Lets look at it from another point of view. Assuming that there is such a thing as a personal pool, one can expect to get back anywhere from 90 to 95%. I am going to use 92%

Lets spend some peds in an area, either by shooting blindy or dropping probes on the exact same coordinates over and over again, naturally my chance to hit something big would increase as I am spending peds, I would just have to cycle more.

An active player that knows which mob to hit or which mining location to hit for whatever strategy, would find the amount of times that they acquire loot successfully would drop as the system tries to bring this avatar within the 92% threshold.

I hate this system.... Mindark wants dollars and that is obvious by the implimentation of this system.

Last edited:
I hate this system.... Mindark wants dollars and that is obvious by the implimentation of this system.

Damn, I always thought MA is charity organisation and they working for free!

Hunting merps in full supremacy is a good idea.

:scratch2: Kinda hard to decide if it's false or true :laugh:

i agree with all except this.. for me it changed alot in Dec.. (alot better now)
and u dont know if they changed or not.. so dont see it fits in a "Fact" thread.. u shuld remove that one..

otherwise great thread!

+rep
:yay:

Fact:
Mob loot tables have and do change frequently, though often subtly.
Rattex; if you drop bombs in same place over and over repeatedly, you get nothing. The guy who's got a child with him in his picture (can't remember forum name) did a test on this.

ps: the "whatever you do, you're screwed" one is most accurate.

Fact: None of you know.
Fact: Randomization you cannot predict.
Fact: None will be content.
Fact: Explanation will never be achieved.
Cheers:)

None of us actually believe your version of "how it was before", and as evidence we can use the fact that people have always been complaining about loot and always leaving the game over bad loot.

Well nice thread but:

1) there is a balancing team
2) changes can be implemented in the distribution of loot and in the general loot system

Just to keep in mind ... these are facts provided by support.

None of us actually believe your version of "how it was before", and as evidence we can use the fact that people have always been complaining about loot and always leaving the game over bad loot.

i know how it was before!:wise:
and i can tell u, ppl didnt complain much at all before the "no loot" loot system come..

used imk2 and no armor before and it was imposible to lose peds on hunts.
with 1 global on 1kped ammo u did profit.. no global u did around +-0
and i did buy imk2 from profit from ep41 and borrowed imk2. on normal loots :cool:
this was 2004-2006

but why talk about that.. will never happend again.. :cool:

Last edited:
i know how it was before!:wise:
and i can tell u, ppl didnt complain much at all before the "no loot" loot system come..

used imk2 and no armor before and it was imposible to lose peds on hunts.
with 1 global on 1kped ammo u did profit.. no global u did around +-0
and i did buy imk2 from profit from ep41 and borrowed imk2. on normal loots :cool:

but why talk about that.. will never happend again.. :cool:

You realise that the people paying for your good loot were the ones I was referring to, the ones that quit? Or where exactly do you think your peds came from?

Rattex; if you drop bombs in same place over and over repeatedly, you get nothing. The guy who's got a child with him in his picture (can't remember forum name) did a test on this.

No comment on the 'facts' in opening post, but I presume you mean Ace's thread:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?178841-Testing-ores-refresh-rate-in-mining

Konve also did an interesting one:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?215755-Konve-s-insane-mining

You realise that the people paying for your good loot were the ones I was referring to, the ones that quit? Or where exactly do you think your peds came from?

sens u regiester 2010 i dont think u know how it was 2004-2006

and btw.. im one of the ppl who quit 2006 with the new loot system.
got back Dec 2010....

Last edited:
Back