PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

How Real/Safe in entropia?

I know it sounds like a dumb question, and that people in vids have said they pulled out like 90 grand when they quit, I'm doubtful. I will deposit and play for a while, I'm not going to sweat forever and expect huge money. But if I ever get bored of this game, chip out, and quit in maybe 5-10 years, can I actually pull out over 10k USD (assuming my account reaches that value.) I know there is like a 10% tax when you withdraw or deposit, but will they really pay out a huge figure. I have read a lot but I want to hear it from someone who knows. Seems a little to good to be true, to get a fair return when I quit. And Is there a way to withdraw without giving bank info, as that is not a safe option? Thx for responses.
    Last edited by nomad19; 02-15-2012 at 03:02.

Elite
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    dasouth Genious dasouth
    Society
    Grinders
    Images
    1. there's no 10% deposit fee like you seem to think.
    2. I can't personnaly confirm about cashing out +10k$ as I'm still playing, but I did do a 22.5k ped withdrawl wo too much problems & know of some higher end players that pulled out way more.
    3. Don't you think that if an uber player left & couldn't get his withdrawl fixed you would read it all over the forums?
    4. The 10% withdrawl fee is incorrect. The minimum fee is 100 ped on a 1k withdrawl making it 10%.
    On larger withdrawls the fee is 1% with a min of 100 ped.
    EDIT : just make sure you use 100% accurate info towards MA
    I've known ppl who gave up their cat's name as real name & that kinda didn't work to withdrawl
    Last edited by das; 02-15-2012 at 03:24. Reason: adjusted withdrawl fee

Mature
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    minghao ming wu
    Society
    Entropia Naval Department
    Blog Entries
    Simplified response: It's a mixture of luck and your style of gameplay (I.e. What you do)
    Yes, I do know, my account's been around for years already and I only just recently discovered a thing called efficiency. Imagine that
    I'm sure someone would love to go into more detail (which they already have) with you, I just felt compelled to respond

Edit: It's very difficult to get in a position to withdraw large amounts of money without depositing an equivalent/larger amount (difficult, but possible) in the first place, so whatever your decision, good luck
    Last edited by tuo130; 02-15-2012 at 09:12.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Jimmy Inno Felix
    Society
    Apocalypse
    Images
    I have made a +20k peds +$2k USD withdrawal, and made alot of depositis, but ofc the deposit system works

Regards Inno

Quote Originally Posted by tuo130 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Simplified response: It's a mixture of luck and your style of gameplay (I.e. What you do)
    Yes, I do know, my account's been around for years already and I only just recently discovered a thing called efficiency. Imagine that
    I'm sure someone would love to go into more detail with you, I just felt compelled to respond
    You should of been compelled to actually read first

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Boo Boo Riddler
    Society
    All Great Of EU
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by das View Post
    1. there's no 10% deposit fee like you seem to think.
    2. I can't personnaly confirm about cashing out +10k$ as I'm still playing, but I did do a 22.5k ped withdrawl wo too much problems & know of some higher end players that pulled out way more.
    3. Don't you think that if an uber player left & couldn't get his withdrawl fixed you would read it all over the forums?
    4. The 10% withdrawl fee is incorrect. The minimum fee is 100 ped on a 1k withdrawl making it 10%.
    On larger withdrawls the fee is 1% with a min of 100 ped.
    EDIT : just make sure you use 100% accurate info towards MA
    I've known ppl who gave up their cat's name as real name & that kinda didn't work to withdrawl

Pretty much what he said, yep.
    And, don't expect to become a millionaire overnight. But good luck in your chosen path, to me that's what makes the game as good as it is -> you choose your path.
    Boo.
    Last edited by goodgrief999; 02-15-2012 at 03:56. Reason: tipposxx typo
    Quote Originally Posted by Audrey|Hepburn View Post
    If you want beautiful eyes, seek only the beauty in others. If you want beautiful lips, speak only kind words. And, if you want poise, walk always in the knowledge that you are not alone.

Stalker
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Rickard Rick England
    Society
    Jurai Blood
    Images

Your money is safe !!!

I have heard a few new people mention in open chat they they are concerned their money might not be safe in EU.

I have been in EU over 6 years and never had a problem with money in or money out. I have a gold card, which you can get free of charge once you have deposited $500.

I have withddrawn 3 times.

Once, when I reduced the size of items I held, so decided to take this money back.
    second time, when I had a very long streak of bad luck, so wanted to make a statement.
    And the last time was last year when I deposited 25,000 peds hoping to buy a mothership, but this didn't work out, so I withdrew those peds again.

The point is your money is VERY safe within EU, and you should have every confidence in the system. Get a gold card if you have losts of value in your avatar. It all adds up, clothes guns, armour etc etc.

If you are totally new, you can have hours of fun on small mobs for $10 with an opalo, or even rookie weapons at the trade terminal (tt). you don't have to sweat for weeks on end. $10 is not much for the fun in return.

Enjoy it out there.

Rick

Stalker
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Rickard Rick England
    Society
    Jurai Blood
    Images
    sorry I forget to add.

You have to withdraw to a valid bank account in your real name. This is a legal rule as I understand it to make sure no money laundering goes on, and nothing to do with Mindark

So Mindark hold my bank account number real name and real address, and I am confident this information is safe in their hands.

If you have not put your real address against your avatar, you can always login via the website and update your personal details.

you will need to notify Mindark if you didn't give your real name though, as you can not amend this. This is why some people had minor issues withdrawing in the past. But that was not Mindarks fault, it was administrative. It all worked out in the end for those people.

If you plan to depo and withdraw you need to had over real name and address from the start.

Hope helps

Rick.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Eve Damsel Online
    Society
    Mine To Extract
    Images
    1. Many players has withdrawn significant amounts. Just remember, it will take month or two, or maybe even more.
    2. About safety - personally, I feel PED much stable than even USD or any other currency.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Foeburner Nighthawk Delta
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dr3w View Post
    I feel PED much stable than even USD or any other currency.
    A virtual currency tied 10:1 to the USD is more stable than the USD? Shouldn't it be the same for those two?

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast