Info: List of Objects and Places in Entropia Universe Space

I was thinking especially about the colonies in the Sol system.
Where is for instance Europa mentioned?

In one of the links I sent, here: http://www.planetcalypso.com/planet-calypso/the-story-of-calypso/

For instace in those parts (bolded Europa):
From the ability of cheaply climbing the gravity wells and the ability to live off the land, Mankind was able to secure her destiny as a space-faring species. Soon, the planets and moons in the Solar system were colonized and the era of interplanetary conquest had begun.

For instance, a “nominal” human born on the Moon would grow well above seven foot tall and be thin as a pole. In order for the Lunarian to look like a Terran – which by all means still is the human ideal – the Lunarian morphology and metabolism had to be modified for the lower Lunar gravity. On the other hand, a Lunarian born on Earth would be short, stocky and muscular.

Distance, time and above all gravity consolidated the adaptations and reintroduced the race concept to the species. Europids, Ganymedians, Callistians, Titans and Lunarians could easily travel between each others’ worlds, as they had similar gravity, but not to Earth and only briefly and with difficulty to Mars. Martians could freely visit all other worlds except Earth; the mother planet would simply crush them. Terrans could go anywhere, but if they stayed for too long without regular exercise, there was the risk of never being able to return. Belters are a special case: as the asteroid belt colonies or the colonies in high orbit are not restricted by any ground, they can create their own gravity through simple means like rotation to suit their fancy. Hence belters are used not only to different gravities ranging from zero to one Earth gravity, but also varying gravities.
Pretty soon, Terrans, Martians, Belters, Lunarians, Europids, Ganymedians, Callistians and Titans were distinctively different branches of the family tree of Homo Sapiens, paradoxically from the very human need to stay human. Without the yoke of ethnicity and under intelligent management, race was a meaningful concept but not an issue or controversy.

Earth was still in the Age of Storms, and Mars was not yet terraformed to host human life. The Moon had no biosphere at all and was forever destined to be the subterranean and domed industrial suburb of Earth. Venus’ scorching and crushing atmosphere was at the time almost impossible to conquer; Mercury was too close to the sun. The colonies on the moons of Jupiter were constricted to be subterranean or domed, or in the case of Europa submerged in the ocean under the ice. The cold methane atmosphere of Titan was a totally different engineering challenge to solve.

One of the Robot Psychologist missions, I believe.

From the Mr Lyndon, we know that there must be some habitation on Venus (or on orbit around it), as he refers to Venusian Foreign Legion.

OK, thank you! :)

The tap into the communications mission mentions a penal space station, i believe. Mostly this is a bump in favor of coherent story and EU...

The tap into the communications mission mentions a penal space station, i believe. Mostly this is a bump in favor of coherent story and EU...

I can't help thinking about a scene from That 70's Show hearing the world "penal" :laugh:

There is one other permanent object in space you might wanna add....

The Daisy :yup:

Constantly migrating, this space object can kill you, it loots you, it chats with you and sells loot...sometimes it drops loots even ;)

where is Akbal??

I been inworld many time & in chat i have seen people finding loot in Akbal but i cant find it in maps:scratch2:, is it a mission or something like "The Hub"

I been inworld many time & in chat i have seen people finding loot in Akbal but i cant find it in maps:scratch2:, is it a mission or something like "The Hub"

When you go on a beacon on calypso you theoretically get transported to a ship on akbal? yeah it's bizarre but I think it's something like that. Akbal is the robot homeworld before the current beacons was just an imaginary place in calypso lore.

If like me you was not born on Calyspo you would of not dont the missions at the start. There a npc from my understanding that explains more about it. I am sure there is thread with all the history i have read once, but heres the dialog from the mission.

Dialog

Carstein Sands, Veteran, Calypso Gateway

Did you have a nice flight from Earth?

The flight was nice, but the ship was attacked by robots and destroyed, and I was revived.

If you choose 'The flight was nice, but the ship was attacked by robots and destroyed, and I was revived.':

Revived, huh? First time is the worst. You'll get used to it.

Will it happen again?

Yep. Unless, of course, you go straight back to that shuttle and set off to home and Mother again. Calypso is not the safest of worlds, but it has opportunities.

How do they do that?

I'm told that they use a quantum tunnel effect to stream your mass back to a revive terminal, then use your DNA to repair trauma and recreate your memories. But what do I know? I'm just a grunt. What I do know is that this tech has been here since the First Robot War.

Oh? How come?

Ancient history. The short story is that when the robots first attacked, we were seriously short of soldiers, and since the Gate was destroyed, we couldn't get reinforcements from Earth. So the propellorheads invented restreaming so that old dead soldiers could cease to be dead and be deployed again.

What's this robot business?

When Calypso was discovered and it was decided that it should be settled, the Odysseus probe that discovered the planet made robots that made robot factories that made more robots to prepare the place for colonization. And then the probe moved on to a star system and two giant planets, Akbal and Cimi. And all was fine and well, until we sent a ship to Akbal-Cimi to make contract with the probe. The probe found something and sent an encrypted message back.

We couldn't crack it, so we fed it to the base matrix, kind of the central computer of the place. And then every bloody robot on the planet went complemetely nuts! And that's how the First Robot War started.

What happened next?

Well, for starters, we won the war, in part because of the restreaming tech. We didn't get rid of the robots though. But the robots used nukes to make parts of the planet uninhabitable, and we had to evacuate. And the radiation triggered strange mutations among those that weren't evacuated. So we don't just have a dangerous fauna and weird robots, we have mutants as well. And that's just the start.

Really?

Yep. You remember the Odysseus probe and where it went?

Choices:

Akbal-Cimi
Alpha Centauri
Alpha Cygni

If you choose 'Alpha Centauri' :

Are you even listening, pup? You should at least have some respect to your elders. The worst thing that can happen is that you may learn something. It's Akbal-Cimi! Akbal-Cimi is on the edge of known space, Alpha Cenauri is practically next door to Earth.

Sorry.

Anyway, the probe was not entirely passive at AKBAL-CIMI! It built a robot cilivisation there, and then built new probes, but in warship configuration, called War Titans. And one of them was sent back to Calypso.

We stopped that one in one of the biggest space battles of all time. You should have seen it, it rained debris for days and the fireworks as the debris burned was spectacular.

And then you all lived happily ever after?

If you choose 'Akbal-Cimi' :

Well, the probe was not entirely passive there. It built a robot cilivisation there, and then built new probes, but in warship configuration, called War Titans. And one of them was sent back to Calypso. We stopped that one in one of the biggest space battles of all time. You should have seen it, it rained debris for days and the fireworks as the debris burned was spectacular.

And then you all lived happily ever after?

Not even remotely, young pup! See, the robots tried again in the Second Robot War, with state of emergency and invasions and news blackout and the lot. We repelled the bots again, but, well, nothing lasts forever.

Was there a Third War?

It never ends. The Robots sent another War Titan that we called Typhon...

Typhoon?

No, not ty-PHOON; it's TY-phon! A typhoon is a storm, while Typhon is a Greek mythical monster, or something. It was big, bigger than anything previously built, and plowed straight through our defenses. It smashed the Federal Imperial Navy at the battle of Hypnos, it sent an advance force to weaken our defence, and then smashed into the ground and flattened Hadesheim, the then-capital of Calypso.

There's just a big crater up there. The dust thrown up from the impact blanketed Calypso for years and caused a small ice age!

Wow. But you obviously got back.

Yep. Eventually, the dust settled, the snow melted, and we could go back. After spending five years in a tin can, it certainly felt great stretching our legs again. And wow, what a change. The Resettlement is not nearly finished, but it's looking great already! And new colonists like yourself are pouring in through this spaceport to settle the place.

And what parts did you participate in?

Most of it. I've been here for ages. even met General Carramone once, before he got flattened by the bots in Zychion and his brat of a daughter got in charge of the Defense Force.

Something tells me that thers a lot more to this story.

A lot more. Yes, a lot more indeed. But I don't think I'm supposed to tell it. This is your story now, pup.

What I'm supposed to do?

Tell you what, you've been a good listener. You've humoured an old git like myself, and I like that. I don't think I'll get out much more. I don't have that long time left in this life. Here, take this ammunition. I think you'll need it a lot more than me.

Thanks. I appreciate it.

If you do a beacon you are teleported to Akbal (they are set there).

When you go on a beacon on calypso you theoretically get transported to a ship on akbal? yeah it's bizarre but I think it's something like that. Akbal is the robot homeworld before the current beacons was just an imaginary place in calypso lore.

It isn't that bizarre actually :)

- The robots attack Calypso by teleporting in from Akbal (since their planet is surrounded by human fleet bases who have apparently failed to hack the robot interplanet teleportation system).
- There are robot ships hovering over Calypso (often near robot "spawns"). Since the robots teleport to Calypso rather than fly here, I assume those house the interplanet teleportation reciever.
- We go to Akbar via the shot down robot ships here-and-there on Calypso, using beacons to find and activate them. Therefore, I assume the beacons allow us to activate the interplanet teleportation device the robots are using. However, since their system is connected between those teleports in particular we can only use that to get to their planet.
- Once we arrive at Akbar, we automatically end up in one of their many semi-underground military bases (built in caves and canyons, you see that if you look around, probably for protection). This also makes sense since they are the ones that would be using the teleporters to get to Calypso.

:silly2:

Finding Nemo....ermm.... Akbal

Thanks heaps guys :wtg: now im on a mission to find the spaceship i crashed into:tongue2:

Added the following to the list:

Baltran System
Yadayat - Mentioned in the PotE item info.

I think a whole solar system with these and other planetary bodies would be excellent to add to space. Make it a revolving system like the real one and you have the makings of an excellent adventure!! :yay:

!Thanks for this list i really appreciate it.....:D

Added the Aryin System mentioned by Imperial Guardian Valerius (Warlock Iron Mission broker) as being located next to Akbal-Cimi.

Back