Does "unowned" TT affect return %?

lyosha

Dominant
Society
Nebula Virus Elite
Kenshin Himura Battosai
I've been wondering about something....

Recently I acquired a shop in TwinPeaks Mall, I've started doing "item consignments" for my friends and anybody else who wants as long as I have free slots.

My account has raised in total TT by at least 3 thousand peds.
None of these items have been paid for, they were just given to me to sell in the shop.

So here are my questions:

1. Will the system see that TT and use it against me?
  2. Will my looting be worse since "the system" sees that i have +3k~ ped?
  3. Or do you guys think that return is only based on TT that the avatar has "burned" himself, not any items that might be coming in for free or being borrowed?

I am just wondering because I've noticed a pretty bad drop in TT return and I am beginning to wonder if it is because of the consigned items on my account that i do not own or payed for.

curious to see what you guys think.

One of the most craziest, irrational idea I have heard recently. It makes no sense at all, why MA should lower ones loot because his ped card is higher than it should be.

i havent read the thread...

but TT should play a factor in how effective you use items...

the higher the TT items... the more efficently you use them...

kinda like armour...
same train fo thought for your weapons...
but who knows... just another theory

i havent read the thread...

but TT should play a factor in how effective you use items...

the higher the TT items... the more efficently you use them...

kinda like armour...
same train fo thought for your weapons...
but who knows... just another theory

you better had read it before replying, the thread actually contains of only 2 rather short posts before yours. it's not about the TT of a tool in use, it's about account's TT affecting loot.

to the OP: ask your friends who now are short of a few thousands in their accounts, if their loot suddenly skyrockets. i doubt it does and your loot slowdown is just a normal wave. if you however observe their loot improving while having items on you for commission, then i smell the birth of plenty plenty mules ;)

not a chance.

doubt it impacts anything, but it might. Hard to say because only Mindark's Balancing Manager (if there is one now?!? Last guy that was publicly announced as having that job doesn't have it on his resume as current job any more) can answer.

I will say though... supposedly all trades are final... so uh, if you get in to a car crash and can't log in for the time that you have left til your account expires, or do something crazy like fry your laptop (or just say you did that) and not log in for over a year while holding other folk's stuff on your avatar, blaming that "fried laptop" as your reason even if you have friends nearby that could let you log in on their computer and you have their names and real world cell phone numbers so you have no excuses, those that have items with you are screwed. Got to be careful with that since you don't want to get accused of being a scammer.

Last edited:
you better had read it before replying, the thread actually contains of only 2 rather short posts before yours. it's not about the TT of a tool in use, it's about account's TT affecting loot.

to the OP: ask your friends who now are short of a few thousands in their accounts, if their loot suddenly skyrockets. i doubt it does and your loot slowdown is just a normal wave. if you however observe their loot improving while having items on you for commission, then i smell the birth of plenty plenty mules ;)

i read the first line and knew my post was a bit off topic ... but still somehow i felt it was relevant to post :)

some people are superstitious.... if they have a large amount of peds on card or hit storage to save thier peds they get better loot..
i think it is non sense... but some people look at old ATHs and notice many have XX,XXX on card

Last edited:
You havent decayed anything......so no

Rgds

Ace

not in a million years.

but if you are eager to try then just give me 90% of your peds and go hunt for the rest and tell us if your loot improved.

you said you recently bought the shop, so this dropping in tt return seem pretty recent also, meaning its just a normal cycle.

not in a million years.

but if you are eager to try then just give me 90% of your peds and go hunt for the rest and tell us if your loot improved.

you said you recently bought the shop, so this dropping in tt return seem pretty recent also, meaning its just a normal cycle.

None of this was aquired with in-game money, not even the shop... so as far as MA is concerned they were all gifts.
So the TT Value of my account increased without me having to put anything in, this is where my concern comes from.

Everybody that has consigned items to me is fully aware that if i die in a fiery car crash then their items are gone to the netherworld with me..., I hope some of them show up to my funeral tho since they are RL friends. =)
:lolup:So far nobody is concerned with this, If something did happen I'm sure they'd be more concerned about me and my family rather than getting their items back.

On a different topic tho.... I wish there was a better way to manage "ownership" of virtual property.... but i guess we don't own anything in this game... were just borrowing it from MA aren't we? =D

None of this was aquired with in-game money, not even the shop... so as far as MA is concerned they were all gifts.
So the TT Value of my account increased without me having to put anything in, this is where my concern comes from.

But it wasn't created out of thin air, so there is no problem really.

But it wasn't created out of thin air, so there is no problem really.

You know your right. that TT was already paid for by somebody else so i should be good.... thanks for helping clear that up in my head, lol.

I'm totally with you on the idea.

Honestly my account in general has sort have hovered around the same amount for years. when i factor market values and skills values too I'd find when someone gave me a gift.

It be an interesting experiment though.

I'd say do some hunts and keep track of everything for like 2 weeks.

then give it all back to them to hold on to for 2 weeks and see if your profit changes on average.

so hard to figure out though cause things could change.

Almost would have to do a hunt with no items in your account then a hunt with items and switch back and forth to see if one was consistantly better then the other.

Even one further i think IP address's come into play becasue me and my wife switch stuff between us all the time and it has little to no effect i think.

I've done numerous experiments to this effect and there appears to be no difference.

For example, I buy ammo to the 4th decimal point (.0001 ped) to bring my ped card balance to zero. It does not affect returns.

Back