Bad food habits: any suggestions?

Because, believe it or not, our body cycle is lead by the sun, just like every other creature living in the surface of this planet.

But not all creatures are day active.

I'm not saying that human beings are nocturnal creatures, but there is a number of people who have naturally a late activity cycle (just as some have an early cycle).

Some are nocturnal, you can spot them by their pale skin, dog sized fangs and blood sucking obsession. Also, occasionally, they'll turn into a bat.

:laugh:

What's "normal"?

Not all people have the same rhythm, and why should anyone try to go against their rhythm, if they don't have to?

Well when i read that he goes to bed mostly at 5 or 6 AM i would certainly not call that *normal* when you then sleep till 5 PM, and that is why I didn't put in a specific time to go to bed because indeed everyone has a different rythm, but that is deffinately not a normal sleeping pattern...:girl:

And it's not natural also your body has a biological clock and knows that when it's dark it needs to go to sleep..even if the person feels he cannot or don't have to sleep, because he has nothing better to do in the daytime.

That is also why most people who work nightshifts have problems getting used to that..it just messes up their biological clock.

Last edited:
Set your alarm everyday (for the morning that is), just like you are on a job. Eat sensibly (but which i mean a varied diet), and often, exercise. And you will be fine, at least that is the only thing most doctors agree on.

As for hair falling out. My dad was bald when he turned 20's, i went bald in approx 6 months when i was 21, waking up to your pillow covered in hair for a few months is quite scary. But since i was 22 i was used to it, and now have a shaved head....makes showering a lot quicker :), and saves a FORTUNE on hair cuts. My clippers which cost me £15 have lasted over ten years ;)

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: i read above, it is ALWAYS good to get tested for diabetes, blood pressure etc, go for a check up with the doc

Without reading anymore than your original post.
Major depression

Plan
moodtracker.com
Get an account.

Initially realign your sleep patterns use some melatonin, set sleeping hours and introduce some excercise and yes red lentils to your diet.

Check for bipolarity in your history i.e. any incidene of being high spending a lot and perhaps having a lot of sex, over productive periods along with grandiosity, flight of ideas and tangential thought.
Check family history:)

Moving on:
Pill called an antidepressants, usually an SSRI or SNRI (easy to look them up) I dont do drug companies names or products.

See your General Practitioner have he or she assess the issue. Be careful if you've been elevated in mood before, bipolarity as described above can render you suseptable to further dangerous highs if you use antidepressants without a mood stabiliser combination therapy !

Here is a link worth it:)
http://www.blackdoginstitute.org.au/

( Edit)Read back and missed the "extreme thirst" this is called polydipsia, do you have excessive urination this is called polyuria?

Both are symptoms of other medical issues that range from diabetes to many other disorders . These will need to be excluded before progressing to any depression treatment. Simply I've seen people with major thyroid issues presenting as anxious and all over the shop and once fixed back on track.

Quite clearly you need to see a doctor and not avoid it.

Hoping this helped :)

Last edited:
An orange a day keeps the doctor away, that's what I do... Then again it's possible your supposed to have other things aswell rather then just eating one orange a day....

But hey if your broke and lazy it works

*all jokes aside it could be vitamin and mineral related as much as protein or stress. I still say start eating oranges.

There is a reason most pet forums have a rule saying "If the pet is ill, go to a vet first, then post about it".

There is a reason most pet forums have a rule saying "If the pet is ill, go to a vet first, then post about it".

Totaly agree animal or human :)
However animals dont have so much choice;)

Without reading anymore than your original post.
Major depression

Plan
moodtracker.com
Get an account.

Initially realign your sleep patterns use some melatonin, set sleeping hours and introduce some excercise and yes red lentils to your diet.

Check for bipolarity in your history i.e. any incidene of being high spending a lot and perhaps having a lot of sex, over productive periods along with grandiosity, flight of ideas and tangential thought.
Check family history:)

Moving on:
Pill called an antidepressants, usually an SSRI or SNRI (easy to look them up) I dont do drug companies names or products.

See your General Practitioner have he or she assess the issue. Be careful if you've been elevated in mood before, bipolarity as described above can render you suseptable to further dangerous highs if you use antidepressants without a mood stabiliser combination therapy !

Here is a link worth it:)
http://www.blackdoginstitute.org.au/

( Edit)Read back and missed the "extreme thirst" this is called polydipsia, do you have excessive urination this is called polyuria?

Both are symptoms of other medical issues that range from diabetes to many other disorders . These will need to be excluded before progressing to any depression treatment. Simply I've seen people with major thyroid issues presenting as anxious and all over the shop and once fixed back on track.

Hoping this helped :)

I didn't mean to double post but F me :laugh:

If I started taking a pill for each little thing that "could" be something I'd be waiting for a new liver.
"omg took 2 months for a wound to heal must be leukaemia must take a pill"(or you just got it dirty too many times and had a temporary bad blood value)"omg high fever and blablabla"( yeap probably not dying just don't go to the mall in a monsoon and drink vodka all night next time)

So busy swallowing pills and worrying about sickness I'm amazed some find the time to live at all(some countries more then others)

Fuck pills, eat and exercise(by that I mean something fun no man likes seeing fat men sweat in a gym. Go jogging on a beach, swim in a pool, play soccer, basketball just get going)

And remember next time you think you are a bipolar,scitzofrenic,cancer infested walking deseas bomb... It's probably stress and a cold go out with some friends and that should cheer you up ... And have an orange

I didn't mean to double post but F me :laugh:

If I started taking a pill for each little thing that "could" be something I'd be waiting for a new liver.
"omg took 2 months for a wound to heal must be leukaemia must take a pill"(or you just got it dirty too many times and had a temporary bad blood value)"omg high fever and blablabla"( yeap probably not dying just don't go to the mall in a monsoon and drink vodka all night next time)

So busy swallowing pills and worrying about sickness I'm amazed some find the time to live at all(some countries more then others)

Fuck pills, eat and exercise(by that I mean something fun no man likes seeing fat men sweat in a gym. Go jogging on a beach, swim in a pool, play soccer, basketball just get going)

And remember next time you think you are a bipolar,scitzofrenic,cancer infested walking deseas bomb... It's probably stress and a cold go out with some friends and that should cheer you up ... And have an orange

I agree totally...and besides that IF it should be something like a depression or something in that range...instead of taking pills to tune out of your mind, go see a therapist and try to get to the source of the depression/ problems...taking pills is not the solution to the problem it just tunes out your neurological system but the real problem will still excist.

But I don't believe he got a depression..more a bad way of living, wich more ppl have at that age imo.

This is only true if you are healthy. If you are not or suspect you are not, then you should go see a doctor. It is not even remotely true that what you suggest works for even a tiny fraction of diseases, physical or mental.

Well first and foremost reason I haven't gone to see a doctor is that if I went there and told him what I told here, he'd just tell me to improve my food/sleep habits to see if the problem persists before proceeding to another treatment, if necessary. And I wouldn't really trust a doctor who would say otherwise, anyway, since this is the most sensible thing to do.

On the bright side: yesterday, perhaps because of taking the multivitamin and making more frequent and healthier meals, I actually felt like sleeping at a proper time, at 23 PM (would have gone earlier but had to stay awake to do something), and woke up naturally at circa 4 AM, feeling quite replenished and not still tired like I usually did. It could of course be all just psychological, or placebo effect. But even if that's the case, it's a start, I suppose.

Ask the doctor when you go to get checked up if they can do a blood test for gluten intolerance or Celiacs Disease.

Can cause all sorts of problems including constant thirst, diabetes, weight loss or gain and countless other things that doctors can mistake for other things. If you don't eat any wheat, rye or barley this could be hard to test for though. So make sure your diet has included them for the last 6 months and that you had enough for the blood test to show the reaction to them.

Tofu, nuts, beans, TVP, and to a lesser extend, bread is your friend.

A Peanut butter sandwich is a full protein. :)

But yeah, get into stirfries. Once you know how to make tofu really well (jesus, I like it so much I just eat chunks of it raw now), your protein problems will reduce dramatically.

Well first and foremost reason I haven't gone to see a doctor is that if I went there and told him what I told here, he'd just tell me to improve my food/sleep habits to see if the problem persists before proceeding to another treatment, if necessary. And I wouldn't really trust a doctor who would say otherwise, anyway, since this is the most sensible thing to do.

On the bright side: yesterday, perhaps because of taking the multivitamin and making more frequent and healthier meals, I actually felt like sleeping at a proper time, at 23 PM (would have gone earlier but had to stay awake to do something), and woke up naturally at circa 4 AM, feeling quite replenished and not still tired like I usually did. It could of course be all just psychological, or placebo effect. But even if that's the case, it's a start, I suppose.

Even if it is psychological or a placebo effect, it is a good start :)
And to make a change it starts psychologically ofc because you need to redirect your brains from the bad lifestyle you had meaning first you need to think differently before you can start living differently :girl:

Keep it up!!

This is only true if you are healthy. If you are not or suspect you are not, then you should go see a doctor. It is not even remotely true that what you suggest works for even a tiny fraction of diseases, physical or mental.

Never claimed it to be fact just my honest opinion

We have the capebillity to turn the touch of ice on our skin to heat blisters just cuz someone tells you it's hot and not cold

True we are so stupid now days we need to trick ourselves in to healing but IMO I put more faith in flushing out the toxins au natural, the mind is a powerful thing.

.. Could be just me though but putting toxins in to flush out other toxins kinda reminds me of taking a frog and putting it in the fields to fight vermin and suddenly you are left with nothing but frogs and nothing that is capable of eating them

In short what I'm saying is that I wouldn't worry, I've got even worse eating and sleeping habits then op and I'm working in scorching sun doing labour work all day a d I havnt dropped dead yet :laugh:

Life is too short to worry about.. It's like being so afraid of missing the bus you stare at your watch for so long it goes right passed you.

I'm definitely not advising against the doctor though, could very well be something.

Best of luck to op anyway hope it all steers clear!

Never claimed it to be fact just my honest opinion

We have the capebillity to turn the touch of ice on our skin to heat blisters just cuz someone tells you it's hot and not cold

True we are so stupid now days we need to trick ourselves in to healing but IMO I put more faith in flushing out the toxins au natural, the mind is a powerful thing.

.. Could be just me though but putting toxins in to flush out other toxins kinda reminds me of taking a frog and putting it in the fields to fight vermin and suddenly you are left with nothing but frogs and nothing that is capable of eating them

In short what I'm saying is that I wouldn't worry, I've got even worse eating and sleeping habits then op and I'm working in scorching sun doing labour work all day a d I havnt dropped dead yet :laugh:

Life is too short to worry about.. It's like being so afraid of missing the bus you stare at your watch for so long it goes right passed you.

I'm definitely not advising against the doctor though, could very well be something.

Best of luck to op anyway hope it all steers clear!

You are sooo right!!! :yup:

I honestly didn't read all the 5 pages of answers, so if this has been said before, I do apologize.

First of, it quite a deal more unhealthy to sleep during the day instead of during the night, so if your concerned about your health, that is more important.Mind you i know how it is, as I just woke up a 3 pm.

As for not eating meat... Well, that is your choice of course, but you need to be careful to get what you need and maybe also reconsider your arguments for not eating meat.

Lastly, don't be too concerned. Make sure that you eat enough, if you like me have those kind of problem and if you tend to eat too much, well it really isn't too hard to comprehend. As for general, fruit is really an amazing thing which everyone, including me, should make sure to eat plenty of.

Best regards.

Back