Beacon missions BEWARE!!!!

InDaHouse

Stalker
Society
General of Sanctuary
Saoirse
Ok so our soc went out on 2x 23 ped beacon missions tonight after the update and hearing how some of the big ones popped out (L) armour and swords etc.

Results:

First 1 we went mental running through slaughtering everything and with 6 man team only looted 89.73 ped from 16 boxes missing 5......

2nd We though it out sent 2 man fire team in and left 1 man on each lvl to loot X amount of boxes each, all 21 boxes looted.

88.72 total cost spassy - Decay & ammo
89.93 total cost mo - Decay & ammo

Beacon Value (pre VU10 beacon): TT +225
TOTAL COST: 426.65

42.25 mo loot back
62.99 spassy loot back

TOTAL RETURN: 104.24

This to me does not look like an increase in any loot return over the 2 beacons and means beacons are worthless and even if you buy for TT the cost VS return in both our beacons was a loss of over 100 ped.

Last edited:
Yup, me again :)

This is the loot shown from the last 2 beacons. Guns used was 2x Adj V1's no enhancers and Jag 6a's & Nemi 6a's.

So... Yeah... Good One MindArk.

MA will not add MU of beacon to loot only whats spent in tt, guess now you just have to get lucky you find a hof of flares

I was told about some sucessfully done beacons, but that was rubbish.
Pre VU 10 returns on beacons were rarelly that bad

mindark has never claimed to balance MU value. From what I see, you got 300%+ return on TT cost of the beacon.

Thanks for heads up.
Sad too see such bad returns

mindark has never claimed to balance MU value. From what I see, you got 300%+ return on TT cost of the beacon.

So you say ammo and decay is MU also? :eyecrazy:

Did a 25 ped tt today and we had 190 tt loot. We didn't care about the ped spend but i think it was around 180-200 peds.

They didn't say that, they only compared what they got vs MU value of the beacon.

You said they profited getting 300+% of tt.
Read first post again and then do your math again. There are clear numbers of cost of doing beacon (ammo+decay).

Even if you were right ( which you are not) ... Please do the math properly first.

Hows the "redesigned interiors"? I got the idea from the CL that they went back to more of a level system, similar to the old missions? What exactly changed?

Ok so our soc went out on 2x 23 ped beacon missions tonight after the update and hearing how some of the big ones popped out (L) armour and swords etc.

Results:

First 1 we went mental running through slaughtering everything and with 6 man team only looted 89.73 ped from 16 boxes missing 5......

2nd We though it out sent 2 man fire team in and left 1 man on each lvl to loot X amount of boxes each, all 21 boxes looted.

88.72 total cost spassy - Decay & ammo
89.93 total cost mo - Decay & ammo

Beacon Value (pre VU10 beacon): TT +225
TOTAL COST: 426.65

42.25 mo loot back
62.99 spassy loot back

TOTAL RETURN: 104.24

This to me does not look like an increase in any loot return over the 2 beacons and means beacons are worthless and even if you buy for TT the cost VS return in both our beacons was a loss of over 100 ped.

Did you started playing EU yesterday?
Someone has to fill up lootpoll for beacons. Its the same game mechanism here for years.
Did you noticed how bad is tt return shortly after VU?

Once, there will be enough peds locked in, ppl will have better beacon runs.

But it´s not MA´s fault, it´s ur decision to pay that markup, this part has nothing to do with MA...

Other teams had good loot/some MU, that´s what I´ve heard so far.

This is the loot shown from the last 2 beacons. Guns used was 2x Adj V1's no enhancers and Jag 6a's & Nemi 6a's.

So... Yeah... Good One MindArk.

Maybe you should wait about 15 levels before using these guns?

Did you started playing EU yesterday?
Someone has to fill up lootpoll for beacons. Its the same game mechanism here for years.
Did you noticed how bad is tt return shortly after VU?

Once, there will be enough peds locked in, ppl will have better beacon runs.

I hope most players prefer to believe evidence rather than dreamt-up theories. Your credibility is not helped by insulting someone who can clearly be seen to have played longer than you.

This evidence says that MA have not in fact fixed the acknowledged bug in the loot.

Releasing changes to the beacon system without fixing the loot, inviting players to a certain loss, is even worse than giving no loots on Sand King, Hussk, as it is intentional theft. Note that the beacon changes were Planet Calypso, but Loot is controlled by MA, and there has been no announcement in an Entropia Release Note that the loot has been fixed.

Last edited:
I hope most players prefer to believe evidence rather than dreamt-up theories. Your credibility is not helped by insulting someone who can clearly be seen to have played longer than you.

This evidence says that MA have not in fact fixed the acknowledged bug in the loot.

If its MA fault and beacons are still not fixed, I will apologize. I have no problem with that.

But sometimes I think ppl really came to this game yesterday. Even if are beacons repaired, there is no way to see it on first day. So make thread like "Beacon missions BEWARE!!!!" not considering it is shortly after VU is not very clever.

Wait couple of days or a week.
If problems persist, there is really something wrong and it should be good time to make thread about it.

Go do some mining right after vu. You can easily get 20+ nrf on a planet.
Does it means mining is bugged?

If its MA fault and beacons are still not fixed, I will apologize. I have no problem with that.

But sometimes I think ppl really came to this game yesterday. Even if are beacons repaired, there is no way to see it on first day. So make thread like "Beacon missions BEWARE!!!!" not considering it is shortly after VU is not very clever.

Wait couple of days or a week.
If problems persist, there is really something wrong and it should be good time to make thread about it.

Go do some mining right after vu. You can easily get 20+ nrf on a planet.
Does it means mining is bugged?

Why should beacon mission teams not BEWARE??? If this is the kind of results they can expect i'd like to be given a head up, the reason we tested these last night was that we heard of nice (L) items being looted in some of the higher one's. We did not know if those higher missions where profitable or big loss or even the cost etc......

If your THEORY is correct your basicly telling the popullation to NOT PLAY EU after a VU??? You think MA want ppl to play like this? How will the pools ever get filled if we all started thinking like this? I highly doubt this is a factual theory, i've had many a hof after a VU infact sometimes its best time to get on and find loot fresh ground not mined by somone 5 minute before me.... As Chev points out i've played this game a few years more than you to know that 600+ ped loss after only 2 of the smallest missions is ridiculas IMO!

Ok lets look at MA not covering MU in loot......

Pre VU 10: I could go mining find a strange signal kill a cpl of drones open the small ship loot 50 ped of res or a beacon and some res, the beacon MU was a great find for miners.... So MA have now removed this MU for miners which in times like now when mining MU's on ore's suck I think is another kick in the nuts for players!

From what I see, you got 300%+ return on TT cost of the beacon.

You fail to take into account that each bot we kill does not give loot so our ammo & decay is going into cost of mission as I clearly stated in my breackdown figures :). If the drones, warriors etc gave loot for the kills and a chance to global then this 300% return on TT of beacon would be acceptable, fact is they DONT 100% guarenteed NO LOOTS!

guess now you just have to get lucky you find a hof of flares

Have you seen the Flare filter MU recently? since they took away missions and dropped TONS in big bulk loots and warlock loots the MU has decreased to 300% from the 900%+ I remember it when we had beacons in the past! 1 flare used to be 45-55 ped each now its 15 ped LMFAO P.s. we got 1 in each.

Oke the tt was bad but i say the prices have to be lower on 23 25 .

Anyway lets see also the good part in the beacons. I like that u can see what others get from boxes, dmg infilicted in procents, u can do it with 3-4 ppls only. Great changes imo :)

If your THEORY is correct your basicly telling the popullation to NOT PLAY EU after a VU??? ....

Yes, is better not to play EU right after VU and its better to wait untill other ppl fill the lootpoll up with their losses.
Didnt you noticed it after playing longer than me? :eyecrazy:

but last thing I want to be is to be rude, if I was(am), srry :)

Have you seen the Flare filter MU recently? since they took away missions and dropped TONS in big bulk loots and warlock loots the MU has decreased to 300% from the 900%+ I remember it when we had beacons in the past! 1 flare used to be 45-55 ped each now its 15 ped LMFAO P.s. we got 1 in each.

i seem to remember when flares was @ 900%+ i was paying 200%+ for a xt:D

Beacons can be bought or find, if found the how like old time mining or new way?

regards

i seem to remember when flares was @ 900%+ i was paying 200%+ for a xt:D

Miners will soon say "I remember when we used to get xxx% for a beacon"

Not going to be such a great find anymore...

Thanks for the heads up , I'd prefer to get any information than none.

Beacons can be bought or find, if found the how like old time mining or new way?

regards

Also curious on how one can loot a beacon these days?

Also curious on how one can loot a beacon these days?

From mining near the hovering spaceships ... go to Tukar, Jason Center, etc and you will see these.

From mining near the hovering spaceships ... go to Tukar, Jason Center, etc and you will see these.

You wanna say, beacons can be found only on few specific areas ?

Where is proof of this info? Have you found them here yet?

So far no-one has came on here to prove my facts about loot wrong, some respected and knowledgable ppl have +rep'd me for my info saying they will stear clear of them, so if ppl start to stear clear of beacons cause a loot pool needs filled then beacons will never be profitable or worth it and all the time effort making new layout etc is wasted, I seem to think the filling a loot pool theory is not correct as MA are getting bad rep for beacons and as I see no good rep other than WD for new layout.....

Back