Smilgs hunting log

Status
Amazing keep it up :cool::)

Gogogo master :)

P.S. yea I have considered that people will get pissed reading about profits but then again I do think it's good to have some tracked proof it's doable with enough effort.

Pfft...If someone has an issue with you profiting that's their problem,I'm sure they wouldn't apologise for it if they were in your shoes.

Then again I'm sure you're not losing any sleep over it :silly2:

Make hay while the sun shines :cool:

Ha, now you can sell me that VI amp for 2k & I'll grind again :p
gz on the nice results... wich i could get 10% of that profit for the same amount cycled as a lvl100+ player

Only break even because of MU from eomons sold this month, wondering what color the next month will come in.
September = +813 hunting

I know that I had 1000ped tt of skill last month. That was 0.4% of total cycled. That is some info that could give a gauge of what to expect. Would be interested to see if girts tracks it on a monthly basis as I do.

Skill value is measured at 4100ped for that 1000 on the dot after esi cost.

October was bad - 89.89% tt :(
October 2014 = -17,135 hunting

October was bad - 89.89% tt :(
October 2014 = -17,135 hunting

Bad compared to your other runs, yes, but you've been doing great most of the year so eventually this day had to come.

Any prediction on MU for October? Will be interesting to see how it continues, since you were worried about the loot changes. Good luck out there!

Bad compared to your other runs, yes, but you've been doing great most of the year so eventually this day had to come.

Any prediction on MU for October? Will be interesting to see how it continues, since you were worried about the loot changes. Good luck out there!

I think the Markup part from now on will be the horror stories we tell our kids in a few years. It is nothing but fucked up.

November will be more interesting since they implemented the change mid month, but indeed amount of heart oil dropped from osses is nothing compared to the huge pile of TT return from shrapnels & co.
Any prediction on MU for October?

November will be more interesting since they implemented the change mid month, but indeed amount of heart oil dropped from osses is nothing compared to the huge pile of TT return from shrapnels & co.

If you gonna keep on osseo's & don't loot a rare item, I expect your avg mu to be between 102.5 & 103%.
So with a 90% TT return, I guess you'll be at 92.7% after mu
We'll talk again in a month

Plus you get your own tax back unless that is accounted for.

If you gonna keep on osseo's & don't loot a rare item, I expect your avg mu to be between 102.5 & 103%.

I think it's a lot lower than that. Doing the mission now and there is nothing but polaris, shrapnell and ammo. I know 102.5% sounds low but after this TT loot change that's the new good :D

Did you do something different? October was pretty bad month for me aswell. I manage to stay on the green by hunting less.

the point is that 90% TT return is for everyone except girtsn.
His tt returns in 2014 are close to or even higher then 100% even without that osse ATH.

I dont have anything agains girtsn profits i wish him all the best,
but profits should be done with mu. (but, except events, there is no mu!)

His tt returns in 2014 are close to or even higher then 100% even without that osse ATH.

you talk 2014, me & smigls talk about since we started.. It's all how you look at it

Did you do something different? October was pretty bad month for me aswell. I manage to stay on the green by hunting less.
Nothing different, somehow in autumn my loot seems to suck each year and usually it continues until February or so, with some MU in merry mayhem.
Profits are done with MU. TT balance for 2014 was +54475, deduct 82k osse hof from that - so definitely not 100% tt. I don't believe anyone can manage 100% for a longer period of time maybe with imk2 and scopes can get close. After all my experiences with eco vs uneco guns, I think those that use better dmg/pec tools indeed get more than 90% tt return.
P.S.
tax return from LA is not included

Hey Smilgs,

Would it be possible for you to make an exception to your normal logging and post mid November update?

I know you usually do one month at the time but you are really the only hunter I know of who logs publicly and cycle enough PED to add validity to the data. We are all anxious to see how the loot update affects returns and it would be really interesting to see some actual numbers rather than trying to draw conclusions out of ever other players highly biased personal experiences.

If not, I guess we'll have to wait a few weeks for it.

Thanks in advance.

I don't have relevant data as of Halloween Mayhem + robot event (big bulks for me)

the zero-three not included since didn't sell yet. 93.8% tt
November 2014 = -14,404 hunting

Last edited:
About what % is defcost? Counting enhancers too in TT ret?

i practically don't use enhancers. defcost is next to minimum possible, big armor only on events. mostly naked / knight.
About what % is defcost? Counting enhancers too in TT ret?

Can i ask you when you say " mostly naked / Knight " if you use someone to heal you with a fap it is free or do you pay him/her 50-60 ped per our.:scratch2:

Can i ask you when you say " mostly naked / Knight " if you use someone to heal you with a fap it is free or do you pay him/her 50-60 ped per our.:scratch2:

I don't think he uses a fapper since he wrote in the first post that he rarely does. (see below)
Also, when you are at his skill level you have enough HP to not get oneshotted (except crits maybe??) from bigger mobs, and if he uses an IMP/MOD fap I think that would be enough. Also high level evader/dodger makes it easier, not getting hit every time.

I've heard of UBERS that use unplated jaguar for big Aranextrox because their highest hits are lower then max HP and Jag is kinda eco.:yup:

"P.S. I try to follow these simple rules, still useful to share
no/little MU input, lots MU output
participating in MA events where I think have a chance
stacking, avoid selling during price curve is @ lowest points
no scopes+sights unless you want the extra skillgain for extra cost, or unless its mk2
no extra paid services like fapper - with some exceptions
measure your average return, if your tt return < 90% for a longer period of time - something is off, or MA changed rules"

quite often no-one is around to heal me, then knight + 5b and modfap is enough on small osses for example
when one of my employees is healing me, naturally a hourly rate is paid
when my son is doing it, he is doing it for fun
but really nothing is ever for free :)

December was okish, happy new year for you all out there!
December = +11,218 hunting, 97.17% tt return

Reactions: MPZ
Did some crafting to help to get to industrialist, it turns out its WAY more expensive than buying the skills :) Mayhem team prizes not included.
January 2015 = +18,928 hunting (103.47% tt), -27,432 crafting (94.09% tt)

Status
Back