Kim|Calypso Interview with Normandie Radio

Alainax

Elite
Society
Hardcore
Bonnie
425737_203076926460826_100002755606310_266331_645341791_n.jpg

Hey!

Our very own Kim|Calypso has kindy agreed to go under the spotlight for an interview with DJ Bonnie on Normandie radio!

What I'm looking to find out is what are all those great questions that you have been wanting to ask, wether it serious or funny, mundane or just plain curious - let me know!

You can send me a PM or post them here ( please lets try a little to keep it on track ;) ) Remember its questions for the interview and not ones Kim will be answering on here or ones you made a support case with :)

I can't wait to hear what the community would like to ask, as I know I have a tonne of my own!

Once we have a great selection of questions, I'll let you know the date - and hopfully you will all enjoy the show as much as I will. :D

Alaina - DJ Bonnie.

:cool:

Edit - Date now set-

On Thursday the 22nd at 6PM Entropia Universe time​

MP3 available here -
http://normandieradio.co.uk/audio/Dj bonnie and kim interview.MP3

Last edited:
Is it too hard and complicated to became, and, MOST IMPORTANT - to be a chirpy?

Why the hell is the team redesigning creatures and not making new ones instead?

Its nice to have improvements but in case of the Molisk this is not an improvement its an NEW mob.
Atrax, Armax was an improvement.

Is it too hard and complicated to became, and, MOST IMPORTANT - to be a chirpy?
:laugh: This could be a fun question ;)
Why the hell is the team redesigning creatures and not making new ones instead?

Its nice to have improvements but in case of the Molisk this is not an improvement its an NEW mob.
Atrax, Armax was an improvement.

Sounds like it would be an interesting answer :)

Keep them coming ;)

Why does the Molisk now look like the monster from a 50s horror flick? :scratch2:

Its gonna be a great interview Alaina i cant wait ..im sure there will be things he can and cant answer same as david when Isclay interview'd him ..

but would be good to find out things like when will taming be back ...are there any plans for space .. to allow big space battles and so on ..so may questions could be asked ...

Weed? Alco? Which one? Is it expensive to live in Mexico?

1. Kim at some point had the idea of simplifying the game. Is he still interested in walking that path?

2. Economy of Calypso, if we look in auction, is the greatest of all planets, yet the average markup moves down on most stackables or limited items. Is this on purpose?

3. Planet Calypso consists mostly of mobs in shared library. Can we hope for a time when mobs of Calypso can not be seen anywhere else? Or is there a plan to replace library content with planet only content?

4. Items from common library can drop based on the number of player in universe, or from a specific planet? I.E. We have a better chance at looting items if we go on a new planet using mobs and resources library content, or on Calypso?

5. Why do you like so much to have places really hard to access, almost impossible to climb?

6. IS there a chance to have the format for LG changed, or you are happy with things the way they are?

7. Pvp3 and 4 are huge. PvP3 is harder place to be in, however, looks like there is no real reason for people to go in there, because there are just common mobs or resources. Are there any plans to make it more desirable for people to get inside?
8. Considering Amethera and Eudoria are on same continent, and Amethera is PvP - or most people expect it to be, what is the real purpose of PvP 1 and 2? (other than rig, ofc)
9. How about a rig in PvP3?
10. Have you ever had an ATH?

You may like some questions, and if you will, shoot. If not, just ignore. Gl with the interview. If I think of some more, I post. You choose what you like.

Last edited:
Does he have a collection of those cool ranger hats and is he Marco´s long-lost brother?

1. Kim at some point had the idea of simplifying the game. Is he still interested in walking that path?

2. Economy of Calypso, if we look in auction, is the greatest of all planets, yet the average markup moves down on most stackables or limited items. Is this on purpose?

3. Planet Calypso consists mostly of mobs in shared library. Can we hope for a time when mobs of Calypso can not be seen anywhere else? Or is there a plan to replace library content with planet only content?

4. Items from common library can drop based on the number of player in universe, or from a specific planet? I.E. We have a better chance at looting items if we go on a new planet using mobs and resources library content, or on Calypso?

5. Why do you like so much to have places really hard to access, almost impossible to climb?

6. IS there a chance to have the format for LG changed, or you are happy with things the way they are?

7. Pvp3 and 4 are huge. PvP3 is harder place to be in, however, looks like there is no real reason for people to go in there, because there are just common mobs or resources. Are there any plans to make it more desirable for people to get inside?
8. Considering Amethera and Eudoria are on same continent, and Amethera is PvP - or most people expect it to be, what is the real purpose of PvP 1 and 2? (other than rig, ofc)
9. How about a rig in PvP3?
10. Have you ever had an ATH?

You may like some questions, and if you will, shoot. If not, just ignore. Gl with the interview. If I think of some more, I post. You choose what you like.

Some very insteresting questions there, its great to hear whats in others minds :)

Does he have a collection of those cool ranger hats and is he Marco´s long-lost brother?

:laugh::laugh:

Ask Kim if there are any plans for events in space (a bit like this, for instance).

While things like skilling missions and the occasional flirting with the pirates are fun, I think space needs further incentives to get people to play up there (as opposed to just travelling planet-to-planet).

Congrats on getting Kim to do the interview, BTW.

Great job DJ Bonnie for getting this interview lined up! I know it will be a good one! :yup:

When MA is have bad returns - is there whining on internal forums?

Business questions:

Has the calculation for planet revenue been adjusted recently since the fix was put in place for CLD's?
Does the company expect to seek further revenues from the player base, now that your direct income is lower?
How many CLD's are left for sale?
If the player base increases, will the cost per player get cheaper?

Now for the fun questions:

Any there any new developments for Mindforce planned for the future?
When pets return can we ride or fly them (like the film Avatar)?
Are we all programmed to drop an ATH after time?

Many thanks

Your humble supporter Rick

1. Why do you make it impossible to see the profstanding requirement impact on attachments? For example finder requirement is clear, but what about the amps? They state a profstanding but what does it mean? Is there a hidden profstanding requirement on enhancers?
  2. Will planet partners be able to release their CLDs or this is unique to Calypso?
  3. Dont you think releasing the auction data via an API make a lot of sense instead of external tools having to guess it from expiring auctions?
  4. Don't you think CLD introduction has caused money otherwise spent in main professions just gone from the game?
  5. Do you have plans to make harder to kill mobs have better general items in terms of MU? Currently it seems bigger mobs are just there for... Well ATHs once per month or less.
  6. Was the reduction of 10k+ hofs in hunting a planned action? Why wasn't mining impacted by this?

I would like to know:

1. What are the plans for Planet Calypso for the next 2 years?

2. What are the plans for Planet Calypso for the next 3-5 years?

3. How many people are working just on Planet Calypso?

4. Do you feel you have enough resources to handle your work concerning the planet?

5. Do you feel that your company gives you enough free room for own decisions?

6. Do you feel you are supported enough by the Platform Holder?

7. Do you think that work related instances you are dependend from handle things in a suitable time?

8. Who decides what economy based items are produced on planet calypso?

9. How many influence has mindark still on planet calypso and in what way?

10. If you could change 3 things at the mindark group what will it be?

11. What is your favourite food and drink?

cu =)

Last edited:
Treasure hunting will be implemented soon. Can we expect to see old BP's eating new treasures, or all treasures will go in new BP's?

What is your favorite weapon? (don't say mod merc or some uber nonsense we all know it rocks)

Beacon missions are shared library items? Can we loot those on any other planet?

Is there a plan to make mining profession skill based again?

Lasers and scopes lost their magic after people figured out they don't do much. However, they are cool and potential for added game play when used. Why not make them do something more? (extra damage, extra CH's)

Are you afraid of 2012?

It was a rumor that you will have old school weapons without SIB reduced from level 100 to a lower level to be maxed. I think on this forum or another. Any truth to this story?

When will we see first 140 level SIB weapon?

Calypso has a final owner, or is it still for sale?

You like more designing a planet, or balancing the entire universe?

i would like to ask him what its going on with sootos and return date or eta , specially hansidian, because its not just miners afected, i as a crafter invested a lot in my solar 12v gel batteries bp which uses it to increase the qr and now is been months since i cant use it and as result of it many weapons bps ( and if not planing back if its any plan to compensate us for unable to use those bps as right now is like having an uber item i cant longer use )
thanxs and looking forward to it :)

What dose he think of Neverdie? :D

Under the following assumption that a planet partner is a business which wishes to make a profit and that players wish for either a) profit too, b) entertainment, c)social interaction, d) education/experiences,

what balance will Calypso be trying to achieve in the 4 areas a,b,c,d?

Background:
We know that the chance of profit (partially) drives some players, but I believe the other areas are being neglected. Although joining team activities has increased overall (swunting, fort events, motherships), the specifically Caly-designed fort events are almost dead. There are not even 'broker-organised' events to try and get numbers up on fort events....

Does Kim believe that activities in which an entry fee is paid, but costs inside are low, are a viable and alternative way of generating 'success' for both a PP and participants?

Slightly ironic question:
Is the average return per active player really so low that it is profitable to have them spend time and oil travelling around more, rather than actively engaged in the activity they wish to pursue?

Player-generated 'content':
Just as auctions and fort event creations are in effect 'player-generated' services, are there any plans for widening the scope of what players can offer others, with a small tax being taken for the hosting planet?
It could be as simple as a discussion meeting at an apartment, in which ppl wish to thank the organiser. I realise this doesn't specifically need the PP to get involved, but being able to advertise such activities via the event system may be a nice idea, if the 'cost' to use the system is kept low!
True, it is decay-less time on the one hand, but getting people on the planet from all walks of life and offering them a good and active 'virtual home' is likely to generate revenue and publicity too!
The best marketing is word-of-mouth Kim! (but many players are not yet proud enough of the platform to do this).

Last edited:
Is there any truth to the rumor about melee amps?

Whatever happened to the new higher level BLP SIB Rifles and MF heal chips you said you were making? Last time I heard anything about that you told me on the forum to consider it done.

I think we would all like a clear definative answer about old school gear like MM RJ SH, old amps, old faps like IMP and MOD. Do any of these items still drop, and I dont mean from event mobs.

- What does the current roadmap look like? Is everything on schedule?
- When are we going to see some serious marketing for entropia? You said the peds gained by the CLD's would be used for this.
- Is it possible for EU to go bankrupt? Or can it get closed by the FBI just like they did with the big poker sites?
- Did you adjust the looting system lately; last 2 months?
- Why do you guys have strange priorities? lol

In which direction are you planning to develop MindForce? Which type of chips?

Will there be more useful Mind Essence using chips in the future?

When is the next MindForce update (that Charlie has spoken about on the forum) planned for?

:beerchug:

* ETA for getting the Feffoid cave back and more instances showing up on Calypso? Any updates to the timeline with those Argonauts that were supposed to be organizing, and the Formicacida hive?

* When can we have Calamusoids (both kinds) and Kerberos back ?

* What are your general plans and directions in adding more missions to Calypso?

* The pitbull was a success. Any plans to introduce more Calypsian vehicle designs ?

* Any plans to introduce more dna for existing mobs that don't already have player-craftable dna?

I wonder if poor Kim is wondering what on earth he has let himself in for :girl:

Some really great questions, I see I'm going to have my work cut out deciding on which ones!

can Kim tell us what his top 3 games is? oh and EU does not count.. because its not a game

I wonder if poor Kim is wondering what on earth he has let himself in for :girl:

Some really great questions, I see I'm going to have my work cut out deciding on which ones!

I imagine you can do him a favor and filter out the ones that are MA and not Calypso questions.

When can I go Fishing?

:silly2:

Spongey

Wow some fantastic questions...... but please remember there will be ones he can answer and some he cant so please think about this before posting ,,,, as we wouldnt want to upset listners to Normandie radio ....if we cant put your question forward..

regards

Back