Kim|Calypso Interview with Normandie Radio

Some really great questions, I'm sure judging by the quality and depth of alot of these - the interview will be a fascinting insight for all of us.

Its good to see exactly what the community are interested in hearing, thanks for the awesome input so far :)

I'd like to know - Why so many of the statistics in-game are not shown?...

We (the players) have to spend peds to test, and log this info ourselves at Entropedia, when pretty much all the info we've put on Entropedia should have been listed in-game in the first place!

Things like...
  • Specific decay numbers (rather than "durability: average")
  • SIB end levels
  • Source of items
  • Mob dmg types & health lvl & regen rates... etc.

Also a 2nd question I'd love the radio to ask Kim in an interview...
Why are Support Cases closed without the player's consent, and without giving the player a chance to respond to whatever canned answer we receive from support?... I was told by support, their policy is...

Support said:
Unless we need more information from the user to locate the cause, we close the case
while Kim says...
As far as I know our guidelines state that cases should indeed be left open until the customer believes that the matter has been resolved, at least this was the case when I was working there. Ill have a talk with the support staff and see if I can get a response for you.
I remember the days of closing my own cases, and responding as I deemed fit until I felt the case was properly handled... But at some point this new policy of closing cases without letting the players respond was implemented, and it sucks!...

Kim has not given that response he said he'd try to get, it's been almost 4 weeks now!

When will combat gameplay be upgraded? During all these years it didnt even happen once. Making a new skin (mob/gun/visual effect) does not count!

In regards to space when the motherships were orginally sold it was stated that they would be unlimited and only those of the original auction chain would be of unlimited type and that all motherships that should get introduced at an later point will be of limited version.
However this statement has been removed from the official Entropia website without further statement. Does this mean that mindark and planetparters (eg. Rocktropia event where a McRdy mothership can be won) are going to continue realeasing unlimited motherships as they deem fit ?
Will space be rescaled another time when Cyrene launches ?
When will we see robot ships in space ?
With the current layout in gun turret assignment exspecially mothership owners have huge issues in covering the weak spots in their defence, a reassignment of turrets or a higher level armament device would help lots on this.
When will the higher level upgrade modules for privateeers and motherships become avaiable ?
Will we see wave events in space ?
Will we see 'fort' events in space like fighting for control over a space la ?

it feels like most questions are for MA the game developer and not MA the planet partner so i'm afraid he can't comment on a lot of things.

Some things he might have an answer to:

-any plans for the egg?
-any plans for an iron mining/crafting mission?
-will old mission storylines be continued, or is he working more on new storylines (like those three islands)
-how is his new boss working out, and what positive changes are there due to the new management?
-how often does he regret being the spokesperson on this forum? :)
-which planet besides calypso does he like best (can be a newcomer as well)

it feels like most questions are for MA the game developer and not MA the planet partner so i'm afraid he can't comment on a lot of things.

Indeed, a lot of the questions seem to be... maybe an interview with Jan Welter and David Simmons is needed as well? :laugh:

Two more questions:

1) Since higher level combat chips have been confirmed, will we also get higher level (L) heal chips and metabolic chips?

2) Will new unlimited MindForce chips be added to the game?

When will I be able to continue my Powerfisting skilling?

In another question and answer session you had stated that you had created 45 new powerfists.

From what i have seen so far there are new powerfists dropped by the argonauts , but I have to tell you the drop rate is no where near needed for serious skilling with this weapon. I could personally burn through every fist there in a day and would have to wait another week to hunt.

What is needed is Unlimited powerfists that have enough damage per second to hunt larger than argonauts and a line of powerfists that can be crafted at a reasonable markup instead of those that are currently offered.

Year after year after year I and many others ask for Powerfists to hunt with.

Year after year after year we are given a few snacks and nothing to sustain our hunger.

I am hungry

Feed me

Bones

Reason why you are seeing only a handful of power fists from Argonauts is because not many people hunt them reguarly on a high volume (bigger maturities). Otherwise if you had someone that camped them regularly then you would probably see an influx of claws, eh? ;)

~Danimal

Question: In previous release notes it was stated beacon owners would be given free beacons. None were in fact given. Will they be given sometime in the future?

Another question.

You seem to enjoy keeping lots of secrets and make us distrust the platform due to lack of accountability. Is this part of the business model of the company? We are supposed to quit the game after a while?

And another one,

From what you know, any of the persons managing the game was ever, or is under investigation for fraud? Because we find disturbing blogs on internet, and we need someone to enlighten us.

Last edited:
a question to Normandie radio: Will there be a transcript?

Are you going to fix all the pvp bugs asap so people can quit having an advantage in there and stop them from cheating? I personally don't want to cheat and I don't like it when others get away with it...

OK I am finialising the questions tonight and tomorrow morning, so if you have any last ones to add please do so asap.

I have chose a tonne of them from this thread, so please add any remaining ones you can think of before I finish my script tomorrow ;)

Remember the interview is on this Thursday at 1800 (6pm) ma time on www.normandieradio.co.uk

Last edited:
OK I am finialising the questions tonight and tomorrow morning, so if you have any last ones to add please do so asap.

Two more questions that came to mind, some non-MF ones for a change:
1) When remaking areas (like the Athena area), will you make sure the server borders have smooth transitions (both on the map and ingame)?
2) When the Athena area is remade, will focus go to improving the looks of currently existing towns, such as bringing Minopolis back to its former glory?

Remeber the interview is on this Thursday at 1800 (6pm) ma time

Guess I'll have to read the transcript after then, busy at that exact time :(

Reason why you are seeing only a handful of power fists from Argonauts is because not many people hunt them reguarly on a high volume (bigger maturities). Otherwise if you had someone that camped them regularly then you would probably see an influx of claws, eh? ;)

~Danimal

In the past 30 days there have been 1674 argonaut globals , which 727 of them are from scout or above .. would that be considered a low volume?

If it is a low volume then I guess I might have to hire a few hundred hunters to gather enough for me to skill effectively.

As far as camping argos , I have done just that and found one claw in my loot after weeks of camping , after half an hour of skilling it was dead.

Or I can ask Kim to increase the powerfist selection to include a couple UL versions of already looted powerclaws such as the Cleaver or of the new argo claws .. oh wait .. that is what I did.

Bones

will the husk be a shared loot mob?

Do you believe in Karma?

pls put time and date in the first post!
! This Thursday - 22nd of March at 6pm ( 1800) Entropia time.

My question if it's not too late : When will medusa's head appartments be fixed?

In the past 30 days there have been 1674 argonaut globals , which 727 of them are from scout or above .. would that be considered a low volume?

If it is a low volume then I guess I might have to hire a few hundred hunters to gather enough for me to skill effectively.

As far as camping argos , I have done just that and found one claw in my loot after weeks of camping , after half an hour of skilling it was dead.

Or I can ask Kim to increase the powerfist selection to include a couple UL versions of already looted powerclaws such as the Cleaver or of the new argo claws .. oh wait .. that is what I did.

Bones

Yes, everybody, esp Kim, hear what Bones is saying! For anything close to enough claws, the eye oil mostly globas will have to be reduced a lot and claws need to drop instead.

pls put time and date in the first post!
! This Thursday - 22nd of March at 6pm ( 1800) Entropia time.

I did yesterday ;)

Draft of questions now complete, only have time to squeeze in a couple more if anyone has any :)

I did yesterday ;)

Draft of questions now complete, only have time to squeeze in a couple more if anyone has any :)

One (hidden praise) from me: Is MA aware (despite all the bickering) how COOL it is they have managed to keep this game alive for soo freaking long? (And kept quite a lot of players attracted for years and years.)

Although it is quite a feat they should NOT relax but strive even more to improve and develop the gameplay, remove bugs, make customers happy etc.! :wise:

Questions..

1. What happened with promissed high lvl 90 powerfist?
2. Whar happened with prommissed system to turn L items to UL?
3. Anyone got fired at MA for RT drop scaners disaster?

1. What happened to removing the Level 100 from UL weapons and making them SIB, i.e Level 64 for a Strikehammer etc
2. When will Medusa be fixed
3. When will the grey HIGH Black X Jacket be fixed to being black again?
4. When will all 6 guns on a Privateer be operational
5. When will Privateers be able to land on the surface
6. Can the wormhole chip be vamped up to do interplanetary jumps?

Back