Kim|Calypso Interview with Normandie Radio

Thanks Alaina & Kim great interview :yay:

Thanks for a great interview DJ Bonnie!! :popcorn:

Thanks for the great feedback guys! ( even when I need to slow down Alina ;) ) I really loved every minute of it.

Kim gave such great answers, and a tonne of stuff for us to look forward too!

Thanks again Kim :D

Any copy for those of us that missed it?

Great interview Bonnie! I think I fell in love with a Scottish girl today :ahh:

Anyone here who can at least tell the keypoints of the interview? Mainly the facts about what to come, the "chit chat" isn't necessary.

Missed it...
is there anyway to listen to it now?

OMG WAS AWESOME!!!:yay: Big Thank You to people at Twins who did pick up their vehicles so everyone wouldnt lag or crash with all those people!!:D I loved it and was relaxed and informative and How Cool Was That!?:cool::hug:

I was disappointed actually on the interview. Was like you agreed before on what not to ask. Then again, maybe you know better what is important for you and for the game... but I would not give so many chances for BS in an interview. Probably why i will never interview any MA/FPC staff. IMO you do it right or don't do it. All the questions were from a weaker position, like when a big fan interviews a huge star and runs out of words being overwhelmed by the power of the moment. That forced you in a weak, politically correct place from where you could not ask any real questions.
Then again... maybe is just me... getting old.

I like a few friendly, comfortable questions... right before an out of nowhere, on the spot, hardball, "what you got to say to that?!", blow'em out of the water type of question in interviews...

did any of that happen? there's plenty to throw at them!...

how about a heads up on ETA of when those of us that missed the interview may get to catch a replay of it? :dunno:

I was disappointed actually on the interview. Was like you agreed before on what not to ask. Then again, maybe you know better what is important for you and for the game... but I would not give so many chances for BS in an interview. Probably why i will never interview any MA/FPC staff. IMO you do it right or don't do it. All the questions were from a weaker position, like when a big fan interviews a huge star and runs out of words being overwhelmed by the power of the moment. That forced you in a weak, politically correct place from where you could not ask any real questions.

There are of course tonnes of questions we could have never got an answer too, having a continual "no comment" would have made for a very rubbish interview. ( we only got a couple of those ;) )

He gave us tonnes of new and great info, and ofc by being nice and not bullying him into answer, he will hopfully be nice enough to come back in the future to answer more of the communites questions.

Bear in mind a huge proportion of the questions I asked were taken from this thread - what the community wanted to find out about.

But hey, different personalities I guess, I prefer to be nice about things :)

And Ty for your feedback ;)

Last edited:
There are of course tonnes of questions we could have never got an answer too, having a continual "no comment" would have made for a very rubbish interview. ( we only got a couple of those ;) )

He gave us tonnes of new and great info, and ofc by being nice and not bullying him into answer, he will hopfully be nice enough to come back in the future to answer more of the communites questions.

Bear in mind a huge proportion of the questions I asked were taken from this thread - what the community wanted to find out about.

But hey, different personalities I guess, I prefer to be nice about things :)

And Ty for your feedback ;)

There are lots of things you could have asked... and in an interview it can be a discussion. If you touch the topic, is a plus for you, because community wants those answers. Even if he says "no comment" all the time, you sill have to ask if you want to be of any use to the community. If you just want to make a nice PR for your radio and for Kim, where you all get together and kiss each other, at least tell us up front so we don't waste our time.
He said nothing new actually in your interview. All the new info from questions is already some place on forum. the only thing we got was his voice and we know how his accents sounds like.
I was not interested in how he sounds, but on what he has to say. It would have been more productive just to let him ramble for 20 minutes on whatever he wants with no questions, and we may have had something out of it... Really bad job. I am sorry to say. But silly me... I had some expectations. I wonder why. I never learn.

There are lots of things you could have asked... and in an interview it can be a discussion. If you touch the topic, is a plus for you, because community wants those answers. Even if he says "no comment" all the time, you sill have to ask if you want to be of any use to the community. If you just want to make a nice PR for your radio and for Kim, where you all get together and kiss each other, at least tell us up front so we don't waste our time.
He said nothing new actually in your interview. All the new info from questions is already some place on forum. the only thing we got was his voice and we know how his accents sounds like.
I was not interested in how he sounds, but on what he has to say. It would have been more productive just to let him ramble for 20 minutes on whatever he wants with no questions, and we may have had something out of it... Really bad job. I am sorry to say. But silly me... I had some expectations. I wonder why. I never learn.

I've not listened to the interview yet..... but you sound very bitter!
At least, you should give credit to both Alaina (normandie radio station) and Kim for making the effort.
And yes nothing will be perfect.... and there'll be always room for improvement!
I've read your posts b4 this interview... you were bitter b4 it.... So I guess your bitterness is a reflection of something else...
Having said that... I do give value to your opinion! :)

I like to think I am not bitter. The problem is that I have low tolerance level for BS. I choose to ignore it sometimes. But mostly I won't just be polite and ignore the smell of it... I would rather open a window or something. If people would rather cheer and get high on the smell... then I suppose they can call me bitter. For example, I won't call BS fertilizer.. I would rather call it what it is.

i just get music on thoose links, curious what he said.....

last link above my post worked:) thanks.

i just get music on thoose links, curious what he said.....

The interview itself begins some 30 seconds into the file - I'd recommend downloading tne file and then listen on it with a normal media player rather than listening "online".

(Wow cool scottish accent!)

Great interview, whens the next one?

Well, just finished listening to the interview....

Ofc there are questions I'd like to get answers but not asked. For example any plan for selling calypso.... and what'd happen to CLD holder ROI after such a sale. This is indeed a burning question a lot of ppl would like to know!

At the same time there were some interesting answers to interesting questions. for example the advertisement is going to be launched soon, better upgraded avatar features, the husk etc.

I think the top 2 questions were: 1. top 3 things Kim would add/change in EU. and 2. his view of calypso 5 yrs from now?

I think the most I got out of this interview is Kim's mindset... truely dedicated to his profession/job/hobby.....that's a big plus. At the same time I'm disappointed due to his love for PVP. I'm sure he thinks about it even while taking shower!

Overall, I think the interview was excellent... both Kim and Alaina did a nice job.. congratulations.

Last edited:
Wahoo fishing :thumbup:

I really know how to handle my rod too:tongue4:

I just listened to the interview, and I'm afraid I somewhat agree with BlackHawk...

there wasn't a lot of hard hitting questions, it was a bit playful... although maybe that's not a bad thing for the first time around!

Kim did say he'd be open to doing another interview, I really hope next time to get some more important things addressed! Play a little hard ball next time! Put him on the spot!

A lot of the answers were yes/no/maybe/can't say... but not a lot of details really beyond that! I would have liked to hear some more in depth answers to a lot of those questions!

not bad for round 1, could have been a little better...
Lookin' forward to round 2!!! :boxer:

oh, and got to say... love your accent! :ahh:
(not you Kim!) :silly2:

Back