When you hit your big multiplier, was it preceded and/or followed by a long losing streak?

What happened before and after you hit a big multiplier?

• Long losing streak before, average after.

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • Average before, long losing streak after.

Votes: 10 11.4%
  • Average before and after.

Votes: 17 19.3%
  • It varied depending on which of my 1000X loots you are referring to.

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • I have never gotten a 1000X+ multiplier.

Votes: 29 33.0%
  • Begone with your talk of "numbers" and "maths!"

Votes: 13 14.8%

• Total voters

Magix

Alpha
I guess this question would go here...

The past couple of months, I've been testing a theory that big multipliers are withheld and/or given out over X amount of time.

Big multipliers withheld: if you get any multiplier over 100, you might as well stop playing for a while, as you won't get another for the foreseeable future.

Big multipliers are given out during X amount of time: if you hit a big multiplier, play even harder for the next few days until the well runs dry.

Big multipliers are given out only if you are heavily losing: if you are down a lot, you'll probably get a big multiplier that will balance you back up to 90% returns or greater.

For the sake of this poll, please ignore the big multiplier they give newbies and first visits to foma/cp/other planets etc.

Calculating multipliers:
Hunting: Take the monster's hit points from entropedia and divide by 4. This is the minimum loot you get. E.g. a monster with 100 hit points will average 25 pecs in loot. So, if you hit a 25 pedder on this monster, you got a 100X multiplier.

Crafting: Take the per click cost from entropedia. On full quantity, this is the minimum successful return. On full condition, multiply by 7. Estimate things in the middle. Therefore, if you are crafting something that costs 25 pecs per click, a 25 ped on full quantity would be 100X, but on full condition it would be .25 X 7 X 100, or 175.

Mining: On planets, take the probe cost + any amp cost per drop (again from entropedia) and divide into the size of find. An entmatter drop on planet with a lvl 2 amp would be 100 ped with a 100X multiplier. On foma or hell, it would be an additional X7 just like full condition crafting.

As a general rule, if you are doing unamped mining or full quantity crafting, anything in 4 figures is a big multiplier. But, if you are doing exa/snable/small argo/basic filters, even a 3 figure loot might be a big one.

For the sake of the poll, "big multiplier" is defined as 1000X or higher.

losing before and losing after for me, but no option on list :)

Multipliers are a myth...

Haven't hit my big one yet, just losing so far.

nothing changed after my 1415 hof a few months back.

losing before and losing after for me, but no option on list :)

I voted avg before and after.
cuz i always lose, except for if the end of my run falls on a "preferable" point in time.

With this i mean that, i expect to loose on avg (tt-wise) but from time to time i hit something "big". And sometimes i happen to end my run in profit and sometimes i don't. (i don't count individual runs or sessions but rather purchases of lvl 7 amps - 40ish).

So I guess with lvl 7 Amps and planet-side mining i would need 500ped+ finds to qualify/answer your question and those finds aren't very uncomon and i don't see any difference in loot inbetween those finds.

Regards
Thark

PS: forgot to mention why i quoted: i agree with Sachi and would have chosen his suggestion as well

Different each time for me so far.

6.3k HOF I had extremely bad returns before, all MU I got I would lose. I would sell out my storage as fast as I could and lose all the PED I got from that(large struggle to play at that time, very stressful as well). Then hit the 6.3k HOF got my PED back and then some! :) Plus a clean storage lol.

3.8k HOF returns wer slightly TT profit before, after the HOF I lost all of the HOF and more during Merry Mayhem 11(but won 7th so thats awesome!).

3.5k HOF was average returns before and after so far... Way in TT profit atm! Probably have bad times coming soon.

6.3k unamped.
3.8k lvl 5 amp.
3.5k lvl 7 amp.
All on planet Calypso untaxed land.

I voted last option because non of the options really fit me.

NOJ8

After I got my 24k uber, I think my loot slowly (days to week) declined, and later it was painful!

Yours would be the option about multiple big ones. :)

Different each time for me so far.

6.3k HOF I had extremely bad returns before, all MU I got I would lose. I would sell out my storage as fast as I could and lose all the PED I got from that(large struggle to play at that time, very stressful as well). Then hit the 6.3k HOF got my PED back and then some! :) Plus a clean storage lol.

3.8k HOF returns wer slightly TT profit before, after the HOF I lost all of the HOF and more during Merry Mayhem 11(but won 7th so thats awesome!).

3.5k HOF was average returns before and after so far... Way in TT profit atm! Probably have bad times coming soon.

6.3k unamped.
3.8k lvl 5 amp.
3.5k lvl 7 amp.
All on planet Calypso untaxed land.

I voted last option because non of the options really fit me.

NOJ8

Yours would be the "what is maths" option. :)

I voted avg before and after.
cuz i always lose, except for if the end of my run falls on a "preferable" point in time.

With this i mean that, i expect to loose on avg (tt-wise) but from time to time i hit something "big". And sometimes i happen to end my run in profit and sometimes i don't. (i don't count individual runs or sessions but rather purchases of lvl 7 amps - 40ish).

So I guess with lvl 7 Amps and planet-side mining i would need 500ped+ finds to qualify/answer your question and those finds aren't very uncomon and i don't see any difference in loot inbetween those finds.

Regards
Thark

PS: forgot to mention why i quoted: i agree with Sachi and would have chosen his suggestion as well

I had alot of 1000X multipliers from crafting (quant) maybe 30-40 or so, perhaps more. I belive they come quite randomly, several times i had a couple in a row, and several times there was nothing for a long while, and everything in between. Im quite positive your theory is wrong, no need to wait to play after you hit a big one. if anything this is not connected to actual time but rather peds you spent or clicks you clicked/mobs killed/probes dropped.
(for example i had 1000x multipliers 3 days in a row, and there were months in a row without one...)

b4 1st ath, shitloot allround.
b4 2nd ath, loot got a lot better 2-3 days b4 I got it.
3rd ath was unexpected, so normal loots b4 it.

i plotted my mining performance over the years:

x = turnover (ignoring markup)
y = tt balance (ignoring markup)
average cost per click = 1.9 ped
spike was on cnd with 3.50 ped drop cost (not a 1000x multiplier by definition in OP but imo its effect on my ped card is something MA was aware of)

guess it's average before and after :laugh:

Never had a induvidual uber loot can anyone suggest a rock to look under;)

Calculating multipliers:
Hunting: Take the monster's hit points from entropedia and divide by 4. This is the minimum loot you get. E.g. a monster with 100 hit points will average 25 pecs in loot. So, if you hit a 25 pedder on this monster, you got a 100X multiplier.

have you checked for this across mobs and confirmed its correct, or did you just stick a finger in the air? quite interesting if true.

oh, i see from checking Atrox (2.25 young, 6.15 Stalker) and Levi ( 845 young) it appears to be finger in the air, as i have had lower loots than those. but then you qualify your "theory" with a big mulitplier being four digits, hiding the flaw. you might as well just say a big multiplier is where ped is in the same magnitude as the HP.

Last edited:
Loot has always been terrible, before AND after every uber I've ever had. The ubers have been the only "good" loot, no exceptions.
I lose every PED I ever deposit then randomly I hit an uber and all that PED disappears just as if I had deposited it myself. This pattern is why I've stopped depositing (and - essentially - playing).
So...
:scratch2:

when i hit my 24k a year ago it was a loooooong losing streak before (several months) and a loooong losing streak after (from then until now). for the most part ;)

To qualify you need 1000X loot. With level 7 amps (3 ped per drop), regardless of whether you did ores or ents, you would need a 3000+ (not 500) loot to qualify.

ohh i thought a lvl 7 amp decays 4 ped, but i guess it's 3 so with the 1 ped cost for a bomb it's 400Ped!

The 1000x multiplier: when i wrote the "what do you mean" post, i checked your first post and it said 100x ALOT and 1000x once so i figured you had a typo in there when you wrote 1000x. might wanna check it again or maybe i just didn't read carefuly.

Either way, it doesn't change the gist of what i wrote :p

Regards
Thark

Well, looks like I managed to join the Big Multiplier club.

I've been on a pretty horrendous losing streak for such a long time I don't even want to think about how much I lost. I look forward to seeing if I maintain average (losing about 1.5k ped per week) afterwards.

I have a random food for thought.

Out of all the the theories, including the ridiculous, and not so ridiculous ones, I strongly believe that only one thing is true. If you have gotten a big pure TT advance somewhere in your cycle, be it a string of uberhofs, or just a one huge win, the system will slowly eat that TT value back. This is what I've been seeing going on with my own and my friends' return.

I have a random food for thought.

Out of all the the theories, including the ridiculous, and not so ridiculous ones, I strongly believe that only one thing is true. If you have gotten a big pure TT advance somewhere in your cycle, be it a string of uberhofs, or just a one huge win, the system will slowly eat that TT value back. This is what I've been seeing going on with my own and my friends' return.

What about highest loot in hunting 300 ped,years ago,and 1 1029 ped uber in 2008-since then i cant remember1 decent hunting run.:dunce:

there is no Long losing streak before, Long losing streak after
i got this

Seems its been one long loosing streak for almost 3 years.
Not seen a loot over 1K yet.

I used to have this train of thought in the past. In the end I realised that there is no loot memory, and that loot often comes in "waves" due to pretty shitty programming. There is no soft cap that can be consistently be seen and as such probably doesn't exist.

Calculating multipliers:

Crafting: Take the per click cost from entropedia. On full quantity, this is the minimum successful return. On full condition, multiply by 7. Estimate things in the middle. Therefore, if you are crafting something that costs 25 pecs per click, a 25 ped on full quantity would be 100X, but on full condition it would be .25 X 7 X 100, or 175.

Mining: On planets, take the probe cost + any amp cost per drop (again from entropedia) and divide into the size of find. An entmatter drop on planet with a lvl 2 amp would be 100 ped with a 100X multiplier. On foma or hell, it would be an additional X7 just like full condition crafting.

As a general rule, if you are doing unamped mining or full quantity crafting, anything in 4 figures is a big multiplier. But, if you are doing exa/snable/small argo/basic filters, even a 3 figure loot might be a big one.
Your way of calculating multipliers is weird:

Crafting (quant) - TT per click. Fine, sounds good.
Hunting - NOT TT per mob, but some random number. Mob HP*3 gives a fair view of the click cost
Mining (planet) - TT per drop
Mining (foma) and Crafting (cond) - TT per click / 7.... whaaaat?

It's been about two weeks. According to my tracker, my last HOF in Hunting was March 2nd, in mining it was February 23rd. The big HOF occurred on March 19th. Between that time and the ath, I had no HOF's at all (although several over 200-300 that did not hof.) I was losing roughly 1.5k a week during that time, one week I put in over 2k. After the big ath, I had two more ubers until March 22nd. After March 22nd, I've had 3 hofs that averaged about 300 per, which is what I was averaging before March 2nd.

So, my pattern was:

Average -> Long losing streak (about 3 weeks with 300-600 ped cycled daily, returns ranged from 30-120%) -> Big Multiplier + Several large multipliers (over 1 week) -> Average.

Last edited:
Back