I need to vent my frustration

Status

Art Jennifer

Elite
Lady Jennifer Art
Kind of a whine, you have been warned. I think this is my first negative post, hopefully my last

Well... I don't want to complain, nor do I want to put this game down, nor do I want to make another one of those threads that take it out of MA and 'loot'. I try not to complain, I try to see the best and just hope it will get better.

I would just like to say that I think this game is the best, I do not want to stop playing, I really do not, but I think I am being forced away, despite my best efforts. I try to be eco i listen to advise and act upon it.

Anyway, that this might be pointless, but just wanted to put it out there. I think my main issue, like everyone else, like all the other whines, like all the other threads, like all the other negativity, revolves around......Returns....

I am not a big player.. Deposited around 5000ped other the space of a year. A aboout 1800 of that being in the last 3-4 weeks... I thought, I really did think if i grinded up wade out the bad times things would get better. It didn't, maybe were paying for skills, as I am pretty new only 35k skills, nothing to fancy. I mine and i mine eco, no amps and if I do it will be a low one. I watch what ores are doing what, I mine with MU in mind, I use finders that match the depths of the ores. When it is going bad, i log off and wait a bit or i move area. I squeeze every bit of MU I can out of these ores when sellings. I'd just the other day asked for another drill that would be more eco than the TT one. I try to better myself every flippin day..

Every darn run I am down, every global i have gotten has normally come at the end of the run, where it does cover my losses.... I try to do big runs say 100,200,300,400,500 peds worth of bombs, maybe that will even out the return? It doesn't..... I just come back with about 30%-50%.

I mine a lot in a day, so that 500ped becomes lets say 300. That then becomes 200. that becomes 150 that becomes 90, that becomes 50, that becomes 30. that becomes 18 that becomes 9 that becomes 4 that becomes 0. (At the best of times!)

I do not what to whine, I do not want to quit, but ...

I am posting this as I just need to let it all out, maybe it will help?

Irrelevant - I hunt, mine or craft and as I see others do this, I kinda get a feeling that someone somewhere is losing there ped to this. Lets take Hofs (as it is easy to see), Ever notice how sometimes the Hof board is full with Levi hofs or melchi hofs etc, well I think it is because loads of people hunt them, lots of ped is being pumped into them, so more Hofs, or maybe MA turned up the Hof on them just because. Ok anyway, getting on with it it really does feel like a ponzi scheme, which at some point, will crumble.

Yeah, who knows if I will log on tomorrow... I am once again broke, after depositing last night.

dropped my last 50ped on FOMA, though might as well give it a go, maybe i'll get paid back... I do not even need to say what happened..

I'd take any advice on being eco.... Oh yes i have got the rookie gear and hunted punies... with nothing changing, still lose almost as quick. I think I have tired it all. It is a game, i want to have fun I have traded and I have played from the profit, but this is VERY slow, and like i say i want to have fun and cannot deposit a lot. In my view this game is for the rich, and will always be for the rich. Ok some are exceptions.

The thing that gets me, the thing that quite frankly fucks me of (ohh a swear word, used to highlight my frustration....) is that I am being FORCED to quit.... I do NOT want to go........

Last edited:
I'd take any advice on being eco....

Well since you asked there are a few things i think you could probably improve on.

• Don't mine on FOMA, you pay taxes and find low markup stuff
  • Don't try to look for a HOF (your forum signature) look for good markup returns
  • Looking at your entropiatracker page i see you mine a lot of different resources, try to stay in one (high markup) area, so you have less different stacks and sell 100 ped stacks at auction
  • Stay away from amplifier crafting, you probably don't have the skills and/or bp for it, and it's a ped killer.

Hope one of these helped. If all else fails, you'll get a compensation hof for the losses sooner or later anyway :laugh:

imagin doing 300-400 hours a month... and still losing... and losing large amounts...
wish there was some kind of oversight board or regulators built in the game that would allow for people to lose X number of peds before "curbs" kick in

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trading_curb

yea i guess it isnt a good example... but the game needs a serious rebalance of loot... or to get rid of the frequent 30-50% returns... and if 30-50% losses are here... I hope you kick in a regulator to fix the big losses... for example... If a person loses 20k peds in 1 month... que up a HOF to set them down only 10k peds :) something like this... but it seems losses are just constant...

if something isnt done... I can not see any chance of having a Entropia around for much longer...

It should work... the more you play... the more you cycle the better off you do...
instead it is the exact opposite..

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-hunting-log&p=2916327&viewfull=1#post2916327
#1 hunter in game -23k for month of march...
#2 hunter in game (me) - damn near that amount...

something in the loot has been overlooked... the change that happened in Dec. 2011 has changed the game for the worst...

I know of around 4 high skill players in the past 2 days to give up on the game... and I can see it is about to go into a death spiral unless something changes...

I AM NOT COMPLAINING... I JUST WANT CHANGE TO... SO THAT THIS GREAT GAME/EXPERIENT CAN BE EXPERIENCED FOR YEARS AND YEARS TO COME...

For me today and yestarday were good days... so I can not complain... I am just trying to bring awareness to a clear issue... something needs to change... and soon...

I know it is a game... and we pay for entertainment... but when do they cross the line... how much is too much... i think this line is becoming more clear each day...

the question i have... is if the top players in game are losing heavily... what hope is there for you?
the answer is HOPELESS...
MA give this game a chance... bring back HOPE!

Another thing...
Hunting in general... I dont understand...
I cycled around 200-300k peds over the last 30 days... 0 hofs over 1k... and signficant losses...

I bet if I cycled 200-300k peds in mining in a month... i would have 20-50 hofs over 1k peds...

this is the type of disparity in loots that I am seeing...
It is far harder to hunt... and "uber" then mining

Last edited:
the question i have... is if the top players in game are losing heavily... what hope is there for you?

I don't see how being the top player should entitle you to profit, especially considering your playing style. Ofc you have a point, but really the amount you loose is because of that over enhanced sword of yours.

And didn't i read somwhere that smilgs made 40k profit on scipulors earlier? Just as some people with a lower budget can have a bad month where they loose 1k ped, he can have a bad month and loose 20k peds, the plus side for the hunters is that the good months are way better then for the average payer.

I don't see how being the top player should entitle you to profit, especially considering your playing style. Ofc you have a point, but really the amount you loose is because of that over enhanced sword of yours.

What about Smilgs?
-23k in 1 month...
he doesnt use enhancers... atleast not often according to his thread...

I am optimistic change will come... but will it be too late...
I love this game... and concept... but we have lost our way...
Playing the game, esp. at high levels means unmanageable losses...
People in general don't like to lose... but we accept this as part of the game... pay for play type thing... when it becomes unreasonable... this is when people become outraged and sell out... which is increasing EVERY DAY

Do you think for a second i want to be here... talking negatively? Or bringing reality to this virtual reality game...
NO FUCKING WAY... I have been here for a very long time... and enjoy playing... but the losses are adding up quicker then ever... and I am worried...

I guess it boils down to the incentive being taken away from playing...
If only costs are seen... it starts to become "less fun" and more sad and negative feelings start to build by players...

now only hope is for mega hofs...
that is all we can hope for to break even now...

Every darn run I am down, every global i have gotten has normally come at the end of the run, where it does cover my losses.... I try to do big runs say 100,200,300,400,500 peds worth of bombs, maybe that will even out the return? It doesn't..... I just come back with about 30%-50%.

The thing that gets me, the thing that quite frankly fucks me of (ohh a swear word, used to highlight my frustration....) is that I am being FORCED to quit.... I do NOT want to go........

this is where the issue is...
now when you hof... for me atleast a lot of times it just puts me break even for the hunt... because losses are rather large...
when HOFs do not put you in the + a bit... you know there is a balancing issue...
what is the point playing then?
If hofs get you to break even... why bother... you still losses from the last hunts :(

hunt
1 - loss
2 - loss
3 - loss
4 - loss
5 HOF!... break even :(
6 - loss
7 - loss
8 - loss
9 - loss

Dont get me wrong i am thankful for the hof it eases the pain a little... but still doesnt help the ped card much...

either way... These last few days have been GOOD for me... I profited a minor amount... SO I CAN NOT COMPLAIN...

but i am seeing an alarming amount of negativity... and I think it needs to be delt with

Last edited:
Don't mine on FOMA, you pay taxes and find low markup stuff
Don't try to look for a HOF (your forum signature) look for good markup returns
Looking at your entropiatracker page i see you mine a lot of different resources, try to stay in one (high markup) area, so you have less different stacks and sell 100 ped stacks at auction
Stay away from amplifier crafting, you probably don't have the skills and/or bp for it, and it's a ped killer.

- Taken all that onboard, I try not to mine foma/I don't really.
- So I should grind one area ? I mainly do only mine Colbolt and Nik.

yea i guess it isnt a good example... but the game needs a serious rebalance of loot... or to get rid of the frequent 30-50% returns... and if 30-50% losses are here... I hope you kick in a regulator to fix the big losses... for example... If a person loses 20k peds in 1 month... que up a HOF to set them down only 10k peds something like this... but it seems losses are just constant...

- I agree with this point, for me it feels my peds go to someone else. Maybe a personal loot ?

if something isnt done... I can not see any chance of having a Entropia around for much longer...

- Sign, feels this way to me as well.

I also agree that you can have a bad month, just for me it seems i have had a bad year, In this year i think i have only seen profit on a few runs. ( not sure how many I have done ). Like i said though, maybe I am paying for skills? But right now i can not keep paying for skills.... I Log in to 'play' twice a month ? I log in to stand and chat/free stuff twice a day...

I'd rather play and chat... Not saying make profit... Just, well... I don't want to say better returns, but i think it is that.

The thing that worries me is how MA do not seem to make any profit as a company, and a lot of us are losing bad... More players you say ? but then surely it is a form of ponzi scheme??

My sig is Hof hunt, as it is the only way i will break even...

I do not want a big HOF (Well to break even yes), but i just want my deposit to go further.

I am happy spending what I spend, i have made 3 months deposits in 3 weeks(out of my own choice).

When i first started, 500ped would last me atleast 3~ weeks mining.. Maybe 2 hunting.

Now well like i said yesterday i put in 500ped i spent about 6 hours online, this morning i have about 20ped...

Ah i don't want to whine so going to stop...

I guess I am just a spoiled old player who knew the game when it was much different... when you could hunt many hours and lose a few peds... or break even...

I have tried to adapt... every corner I turn though seems to be losses... (except the last 2 days... I hope to keep earn some of my peds i paid in back! ;P )

and i wish all good luck...

Joining the crowd. Broke again and out of this world. At least for a long time.

Did deposit few months ago around 1500 peds that last a few hours. Took my break.

Did deposit 1000 peds 3 days ago, disappeared in a few hours doing following :
- 2 team hunts on proterons youngs with 200 peds ammo each (using cheap weapon combo)
- some mining on Calypso with F 105 tier 1 unamped (lvl 56 miner, so i know where to find claims)
- 2 rextelium waves (around 100 peds ammo each)
- small hunts on argos, allos/estos.

Really, i am just pissed.. Really i am disappointed, frustrated, unhappy with the feeling i have been robbed again , and again and again.
How can this "game" (dont know anymore how to call it) survive with that kind of cost? Who can afford that ?

Yep I've noticed changes in loot system since calypso deeds came (this is just my opinion and my observation, I'm not whinning and I'm not gonna persuade someone to leave or not to deposit), with this change I've started to lose more and more, HOFs became much smaller - no more 8k drones/argos, hunting ATHs became really rare. IMO MA (or whoever) is taking more than they should, thing is that nobody is controlling them, noone knows what they are doing, because their communication is so BAD we know almost nothing about this system. Maybe it's because of bad economic situation in US/EU or it's combination of both. But something changed and I can see it so I've sold most of my hunting equipment, bought calypso deeds and started to hunt small mobs.
I still believe situation will get better after ALL CLDs are sold and people will use those generated money ingame.

It is nice to see it is not just me. Well not nice as there is no hope

Kinda destroyed my theory on paying for skills though.

It is so frustrating that a game (in my eyes) this fun to play is letting its playerbase down..

Maybe I will just take a break, watch the news and watch the forum and return at a better day.

Based on so many frustrated ppl in the forum, and a game with worst retention rate.... now I doubt the 90% return rate unless it is done in a way where at least MA is blinded!

Also, I know my comment will infuriate a lot of ppl but it's just my opinion... I dont' trust any log who own LA. or someone from Sweden.
I just want to see log where there is no conflict of interrest. This is my personal opinion. I've no animosity with anybody. So relax..:)

The sad thing is, I also believe that MA is trying it's best to bring in new players... They are not financially in a good shape either!
I guess, MA has to abandon the investor centric development of EU, at least not until EU has a critical mass of active players!

Last edited:
We all get our crap loot tsunamis, mostly at the time when you think that "Damn I'm in FULL CONTROL of this game. They will pass. You just need to figure out what to do in such time, while still having fun, and not paying through the nose.

how can managing a few servers and paying employees cost this much? this much that you have to take all players' money in no time? I dont get it really...its either MA is being badly-managed, or paying too high salaries.

to MA: don't waste anymore money on new gfx engines improvements or stabilizings for a very loooooooooooooooooong time.

What you get in loot, has no relation to how much a player deposits. Its best to forget this notion that the game owes you something, because it doesn't. You will feel much better in the end.

how can managing a few servers and paying employees cost this much? this much that you have to take all players' money in no time? I dont get it really...its either MA is being badly-managed, or paying too high salaries.

to MA: don't waste anymore money on new gfx engines improvements or stabilizings for a very loooooooooooooooooong time.

I have been in my BAD MONTH since January, so I know what you mean, it doesnt matter what I hunt, craft, or mine, I am not getting a break.

I used to be one of the top 5 hunters on tracker for months, averaging 30+ globals a day, alot of losses and some break evens but very much doable.

Now im lucky to get 1/6th of that amount of globals if any. Yesterday day i did 1k argo's and over 1k atrox got 1 global, the day before that 2k argo and nothing, 2 700ped ammo runs on drone, droka, warrior mix south of the spiders. Out of all that and I think a total of like 10 runs I managed maybe 1 global. I normally do around 5 hunts with 700ped ammo in a day. But this is no longer affordable. I seem to average about 40% return if im lucky.

Same story with crafting for me. So I am definately puzzled at what to do to turn it around. Seems Ive tried just about everything.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I dare you to make it to 2nd year... jk.
Back to topic.
You are not alone in that boat. The loot system is fucked up....only way to even or profit is to hit by HoF lightening more often and loot some real item.

Don't forget that we have to pay for the service that EU provides like buying ticket to movie theater and paying for overpriced pop corn...blah blah

Q:
Were you one of the 5 who were mentored by BH? (for some reason I always thought you were)

All words are useless unless backed up by action.

MA has zero incentive to change anything unless people stop giving them money.

Don't like your loot? Take a break, stop playing for a while.

I don't know, but I really doubt you can lost so much ped in mining without amp, it really sounds impossible to me. I know I'm pretty lucky and I already profit 3351.12 ped in TT from mining this year. I know some people will say give stats or it didn't happen. Here it is :) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AobgjY_lhTYzdFR1aUd4ZHNFS3VNSnZLTHNMZ2dCR0E#gid=0
So I think maybe what you need is ask some professional miner about the mining to know what you did wrong or something like that. My advice is mining without amp then your ped card will growing bigger and bigger gradually

All words are useless unless backed up by action.

MA has zero incentive to change anything unless people stop giving them money.

Don't like your loot? Take a break, stop playing for a while.

I am going to take a 2 month break in May... unless things go well this month..,
then if i come back (after 2 months) and things are still shit...

I will chip out and leave... because there would be no hope left for this game... and I would want to get out while the money can still be cashed out :)

so there is some action for ya :)

I'm glad you posted your thoughts. In my experience sometimes just getting it out helps too. I see some posted suggestions of how to change your game, and other suggestions. That is all fine, but I can relate to you. It isn't always the bottom line or all the EXACT returns to the last decimal point. You can just tell when you are doing "normal" activities and depoing and your peds just fly away. I don't get mad when I loose money, I get mad when I loose it in 2 days. I continue to spend cause I love the game. All I try and do is spend less, and honestly the ONLY way I have found that to work is to play less. I'll do smaller activities, but I'm sorry it just gets boring fast.
I know Joker knows what he is talking about. I watched his mining run on FOMA...... didn't go well. I don't know what MA is doing or thinking with how much this game really costs. If a few people complain its one thing, but when 90% of your soc and people on the forum are saying loot sucks.... IT PROBABLY DOES.!!

MA LISTEN. LOOT MATTERS. WE ARE YOUR LOOT.
This creature does not carry any loot because you took it away in the last hunt...

I don't know, but I really doubt you can lost so much ped in mining without amp, it really sounds impossible to me. I know I'm pretty lucky and I already profit 3351.12 ped in TT from mining this year. I know some people will say give stats or it didn't happen. Here it is :) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AobgjY_lhTYzdFR1aUd4ZHNFS3VNSnZLTHNMZ2dCR0E#gid=0
So I think maybe what you need is ask some professional miner about the mining to know what you did wrong or something like that. My advice is mining without amp then your ped card will growing bigger and bigger gradually

I would like to pick your brains, I never profit like this without an amp :p But good on you for that !

Yeah it sucks, I wish things were different, but thankfully my soc help me out by giving me the odd healing job, guess i might be able to last a few more days till i deposit again :p

something in the loot has been overlooked... the change that happened in Dec. 2011 has changed the game for the worst...

picking this out. Weird that when this is connected to CLD ppl seem to come out with the "it's taken from PP profit not from the loot" card ^^ Well...

MA LISTEN...... LOOT MATTERS.......... WE ARE YOUR LOOT.

This creature does not carry any loot because you took it away in the last hunt

WOW!!
One of the best quote i've seen in the forum..............sad, but true!

Last edited:
I would like to pick your brains, I never profit like this without an amp :p But good on you for that !

Yeah it sucks, I wish things were different, but thankfully my soc help me out by giving me the odd healing job, guess i might be able to last a few more days till i deposit again :p

Yep maybe you can get all my 3k profit in one amp mining run when you lucky enough to multiply a nice hof into a tower. But if you not that lucky you basically losing your money gradually. I got 4 nice hof this year and even I take them away from the log I still profit 500 ped in TT. I don't think I can have this profit with amp, because I simply don't have that much bankroll to support me to pass the bad time with amp. So if your ped card not big enough like me then just stick with basic equipment and go mine, you may not TT in profit like me but i'm sure you will profit after markup if you mine for right ores. :)
May lootius bless you :yay::yay::yay:

Hunt/mine cheap stuff and your PED will last longer.

That's the only thing that is certain.

No Armour,
No Fap,
No Amp,
No Enhancers,
No overkill,

team up, its more fun :)

MA LISTEN. LOOT MATTERS. WE ARE YOUR LOOT.
This creature does not carry any loot because you took it away in the last hunt...

This. MA...you want more players? Make it so we can afford to stay. It used to be affordable. It no longer is.

There is now a puny iron man mission... Nice for those that think they want to quit to lower costs a few months.

I mine unammped and though its a controlled lose, there is nothing that makes up for 50% +plus loses. 100 ped with 80 ped return at 130% = 104 So unless you received 80% returns of something like 100% nik at 130% your screwed. Im predicting stuff to reach up to 145% +, because ppl just aint gonna make it.

I would say since clds have arrived things have gotten worse. It feels like 100% of caly is taxed around 5%. Ppl say loot sucks because ppl are buying clds instead of playing, this might be true but it sure feels like the only way to make up for the for sure losses of the week is to own about 50 of these things. I havent mined on other planets recently so Im not too sure how returns are other places.

When I first started, mining 2 globals for an old oa103 was standard. Now ppl are burning 20+ lvl7 etc with little to no globals. Just unbelievable loses. I play and pay for a chance of a good return, not for a chance at "good loot" 65% returns. I dont know what to say really but this does seem like it will bite MA in the ass getting rid of the last depositors, cause there isnt going to be anyone to replace them with these returns.

PS, EM is doing some spring recruiting, so if your lvl20 + in prospecting or survey, come on over, the sky can fall on our heads together :confused:

Status
Back