MindArk Goldcard Offer
    Hatchling
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Elaine Rose McGregor
    Society
    NBK Army

Question about Taming

I was just wondering if taming is going to start up again, and if so, when?

Audrey Cheery Cheerful
    Images
    Welcome to the forum!

I don't think there is any ETA for bringing back taming.
    Give a man a PED and he plays for a day. Teach a man to deposit and he pays your loot for a lifetime! -- Uber proverb
    Common sense died and never showed up at the revive terminal.
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself. And Araneatrox.
    Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.

Mature
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    FlorencioNineWind
    Last year MA came up with a systems roadmap for returning systems. Currently they only have two things left on the to-do-list. "Mutant Villages" and "taming". The roadmap said that mutant villages would come in early 2012 and that taming would come at some point in 2012. However, obviously they are starting to cut it really close for their "early in 2012" scheduled time for mutant villages so they could be behind on things.

Elite
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Unfortunately we learned in the past, that the roadmap is not necessary up to date. It happened that suddenly they implemented something, that wasn't even on the roadmap at all .
    A ton of Entropia Videos:
    http://www.smoerble.eu/

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mastermesh Mesh
    Society
    Kaos
    Blog Entries
    Images
    melee amps were promised in 2007... They ain't here yet, and that's 4 years out. Taming's only been gone a couple of years so far. If it's not back in another 10 years, it would not surprise me one bit.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Nirfu Nirfu Merlin
    Society
    Rapture of Rebellion
    Images
    If we compare taming and mutant villages:

Mutant vilages is a design issue using existing game functionality.
    Taming is a new game system that needs to be developed, tested and released.

MA/FPC probably works on more new game systems since this is what they aim for during 2012.

Quote from latest buzz http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bull...dress-2012.xml:

One of the main priorities for MindArk and its Planet Partners in 2012 will be improving the experience for new participants. Our development team is already hard at work redesigning the Genesis new arrivals area, with a focus on making it easier for new participants to become familiar with the user interface and Entropia Universe game concepts. Another priority during 2012 will be improving the balance and performance of existing game systems, along with finalizing the reintroduction of prior game systems disabled after the CryEngine2 conversion.

So if you read between the lines Taming is still in the pipe and hopefully it will come back during 2012, even more hopefully, before summer.

Regarding Mutant villages being a design issue this has probably been postponed in favour for Genesis redesign.

Just my guesses so no facts presented here.

Quote Originally Posted by mastermesh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    melee amps were promised in 2007... They ain't here yet, and that's 4 years out. Taming's only been gone a couple of years so far. If it's not back in another 10 years, it would not surprise me one bit.
    One glaring difference,

Melee amps hasnt cost anyone anything they just havent arrived.

Where as we paid 1000's of dollars for the taming skills that have ONLY been gone a couple of years (almost 3) and we have upwards of 54 levels of unusable skills so far unusable for ONLY (almost 3) a couple of years.

I'm sure if hunters, miners main professions just fell off the map they would be a tad irate and yes at the time taming was my highest profession at lvl 52, it's just taking the piss and why i never advertise or promote this game to friends or family.

As others have said MA's roadmaps arent worth much.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Jimmy Inno Felix
    Society
    Apocalypse
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Butch C View Post
    One glaring difference,

Melee amps hasnt cost anyone anything they just havent arrived.

Where as we paid 1000's of dollars for the taming skills that have ONLY been gone a couple of years (almost 3) and we have upwards of 54 levels of unusable skills so far unusable for ONLY (almost 3) a couple of years.

I'm sure if hunters, miners main professions just fell off the map they would be a tad irate and yes at the time taming was my highest profession at lvl 52, it's just taking the piss and why i never advertise or promote this game to friends or family.

As others have said MA's roadmaps arent worth much.
    wooooo, I knew you tamed butch but level 52!!! thats hardcore! that Cobra ME will be very handy......... once taming is back

Quote Originally Posted by ArieJVW View Post
    wooooo, I knew you tamed butch but level 52!!! thats hardcore! that Cobra ME will be very handy......... once taming is back
    yeah i have no life, lvl 54 now but there are some who are lvl 80+, that's hardcore.