Question: Another How many CLD are sold?

Bernz

Stalker
Jos Bernz Bernz
Call me what you want but I usually have big faith in MindArk.

But with the CLD sale I have to ask to myself ....

What is preventing MindArk (Calypso) from selling more CLD than expected and divide the gross revenues between 100K CLD instead of 60K ?
Nobody will ever know ?

:scratch2::scratch2::scratch2:

Am I the only one to worry about it ?

Last edited:
What is preventing MindArk (Calypso) from selling more CLD than expected and divide the gross revenues between 100K "owners" instead of 60K ?
Nobody will ever know ?

"Nobody will ever know" doesn't noticably affect the risk. The amount of LAs, CNDs, apartments, stalls & shops and assets with space capabilities has always been publicly available. That has in no way stopped them from pushing out massive amounts of all of them recently.

Call me what you want but I usually have big faith in MindArk.

But with the CLD sale I have to ask to myself ....

What is preventing MindArk (Calypso) from selling more CLD than expected and divide the gross revenues between 100K CLD instead of 60K ?
Nobody will ever know ?

:scratch2::scratch2::scratch2:

Am I the only one to worry about it ?

What if they change 1$ to be 100 PED? What if ...
They said there will be no more than 60k CLDs. If you don't trust MA don't play the game and don't buy CLDs.
If you don't trust your bank don't put your money there. If you don't trust Toyota brakes will work tomoroy don't buy Corolla :p thats why I drive VW btw :smoke:

Yeah, but they never said that they will never add more apartments, shops etc, etc ...
But they said that they would sell only 60K CLD.
The thing is that we have nothing at all to verify if there are more in player's inventory.
We can only trust them. I know it's not the first time we can only trust them but now it's about 6 millions usd.
I think they should have added something to that the buyers can verify.
Why not if they have nothing to hide?

There is a way to verify how many land deeds are in circulation. Since we will know what the revenue of Mindark will be in any 6 month period, it will take only a little bit of math to compare what one deed received over that 6 month period and then multiply it by 60,000 and look to see if the numbers are comparable.

If Mindark secretly sold more land deeds than they announced, the numbers will be off.

No sweat.

Q. How many Land Lot deeds will be offered?
A. 60,000 (Sixty Thousand).

Q. Will there be regular statements of revenue share earnings?
A. Yes. Every six months, audited figures will be presented on MindArk’s website (www.MindArk.com) so that deedholders can verify their revenue share payouts. In addition, a dedicated web page will be made available where deedholders can check their weekly payments, and will include an ROI calculator.

I hope you're right and it will be easy as that for those better than me with reading financial reports and with math. :)
I also hope that it will be clearly indicated what is the expenses due to CLD shares if not we wont know I'm affraid.

As previously mentioned there's nothing that stops MA from an equity issuance whenever they feel like it.

ok ok.
Thanx AxeMurderer.
My bad, I did not make enough research before asking.
I worried for nothing.

As previously mentioned there's nothing that stops MA from an equity issuance whenever they feel like it.

True. But they will have to announce it. There is no way for them to sneak them in, like say, anything that drops in loot. They can destroy the value of other ingame items much easier and without any kind of announcement or fanfare.

Which route do you think Mindark would take?

And Mindark HAS stated that only 60k will be issued. It is a matter of taking that statement at face value. I don't think much more would be gained by issuing more. Their liability would become greater.

:cool:

the question still is - why is MA hiding any information about how many CLD are currently sold.

the question still is - why is MA hiding any information about how many CLD are currently sold.

They probably hope that we will rush to buy CLD in fear that not a lot are left to be sold.

ps. The financial report for July-December 2011 is not available yet. I guess we wont see the "audited figures" and "dedicated web page" before 2014. :laugh:

Agreed. It is a marketing tactic. We will know soon enough, when no more deeds are offered on the global auction.

My estimate is 2 months until they are sold.

To be honest, my worry is not when there will be no more for sale but was how many will be sold.

I ask myself why shouldn´t other planets be allowed to make ALD, RTLD, CLD(Cyrene) so they can get some extra advance money for advertising, etc too(or just binding players)?

With lower quantity so every owner gets even more ROI and they´re attractive.
;)

I´m not sure what MA would say about it if a PP is verging on bankruptcy, they may allow the next land deeds, advantage of CLD is the big popularity/activity of Caly.

Last edited:
I ask myself why shouldn´t other planets be allowed to make ALD, RTLD, CLD(Cyrene) so they can get some extra advance money for advertising, etc too(or just binding players)?

With lower quantity so every owner gets even more ROI and they´re attractive.
;)

I´m not sure what MA would say about it if a PP is verging on bankruptcy, they may allow the next land deeds, advantage of CLD is the big popularity/activity of Caly.

MA stated already, that PPs will be allow to sell their deeds as soon™ as their economy and population will become such uber like Caly is.

I.E.: not so soon.

MA stated already, that PPs will be allow to sell their deeds as soon™ as their economy and population will become such uber like Caly is.

I.E.: not so soon.

Ooops, ok thx! :wtg:

Back