Numbers from Latest Year of Activity

JohnCapital

Slayer
Society
Freelancer
John Teacher Capital
Just for the hell of it, since I've been tracking my activity lately, I figure why not share some numbers. (Just don't laugh at my low activity level please. :ahh:)

Log start date: April 13 2011
Today's date: April 4 2012

NOTE: The majority of my hunting time, I used Karma Killer + Fire Forge 8000m + Opalo SGA at laser skill levels lvl 56ish. However, I also used MF chips/melee or other TT/UL/(L) weapons I got somehow and couldn't sell for some reason.

TT spent hunting: 26,561.88
Long term TT return: 87.94%
TT return on weapon+ammo only: 91.05%
Armor cost: 1.98%
Fap cost: 1.04%
Total defense cost: 3.02%
Other costs: 0.09% (tp chips, 'gas', refining, etc.)

TT spent mining: 28,727.85
Long term TT return: 84.62%
Bomb/Probe cost: 60.15%
Finder cost: 1.31%
Extractor cost: 0.22%
Amp cost: 38.25%
Refiner cost: 0.06%

TT spent crafting: 0 (my wife Winterhart does all our crafting)

Total TT loot sold (auction and P2P):46,396.48
Profit after auction fees: 9,937.08 (121.42%) (Also counting fees for unsold auctions)

MU of items bought: 4,465.17 (110.43%)

CLDs owned: 1
Total revenue taken from CLDs: 0 (All payments still sitting in Transfer Center and not counted in this. 5 ped/week won't change things enough to matter.)

TT loss + sale profits + other profits - MU paid for = 1,668.73 ped loss for the year.

Total skill point increase: 15,125.17

Avg. deposit/month since I started playing 6 years ago: $64.31
Total deposits during this past year: 1 ($200 or $16.67 avg/ month)

So $200/year to play these days? That's a price I can live with. even the $60/month was a fine entertainment bill.

I know some players spend as much TT in a few weeks as I do in a year. That's what I love about this game. It's open-ended. Something for everyone. Personal choice.

Last edited:
I know some players spend as much TT in a few weeks as I do in a year. That's what I love about this game. It's open-ended. Something for everyone. Personal choice.

:wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise:

Best statement ever

Good to see you use KK, I've also started to use it. Seems ok, it does make killing certain mobs more expensive but I think I can live with it. Thanks for sharing.

all i can say is good job...

ppl should learn from you..before bitching about loosing to much... PLAY @ your LEVEL , play smart .. IF your not prep to loose think before doing anything

all i can say is good job...

ppl should learn from you..before bitching about loosing to much... PLAY @ your LEVEL , play smart .. IF your not prep to loose think before doing anything

:wise: yes

...and your avatar pic is hilarious lol. +rep for that

90% long term return is no myth, props for showing John :wtg:

90% long term return is no myth, props for showing John :wtg:

to the 90% defence... ill say his not using maxxed wep + you never get compensated for MU :)

Nice, but one can go through 26k tt hunting in a week. And I bet if you only bumped up to 500-1000 ped tt per day average, you'd get killed with that setup. But it works for you as is so that's good.

Nice, but one can go through 26k tt hunting in a week. And I bet if you only bumped up to 500-1000 ped tt per day average, you'd get killed with that setup. But it works for you as is so that's good.

Yes as I said, my activity level is low compared to "professional" players looking to make enough to withdraw. This is the activity level of a more entertainment level. Logging in, burning 2 amps hunting or mining, placing loot on auction and logging out.

As for questions about how I track, that's easy. Spreadsheet. One sheet per activity type. Record beginning and ending TT value of my gear and TT value of loot. Record sales/purchases. Let spreadsheet do the math.

Happy hoffing

Sorry for the double post but forgot to address the skill level issue.

Remember, had I done this activity level per month instead of per year over the past six years, I'd be at a much higher, more economic skill level wouldn't I? ;)

Do you have any plan to share that tracking spreadsheets? Great job, thanks for sharing this.

Very nice log, JC.

Would you mind including the TT value of the skills gained, rather than just the amount of levels?

JC, thanks for sharing....
Currently I'm not that very active... at least not as a solo hunter....but a lot players are complaining about poor loot return since jan... or specifically after MM..

I'm interested to see your TT loot RR for the yr 2012!
Is it possible to share?

Do you have any plan to share that tracking spreadsheets?

Hadn't really planned on it. I suppose I could make a blank version. But it's OpenOffice format, not MS Excel or anything. Not sure how many folks could use it. I know word docs import well between the different office systems, but spreadsheets have a nasty habit of choking on the formulas.

Would you mind including the TT value of the skills gained, rather than just the amount of levels?

Haven't been too invovled in the skill tracking side of things lately. I don't have an account on Jdegre's site, so is there some other utility/site that can figure TT difference from two CSVs?

I'm interested to see your TT loot RR for the yr 2012!

You'll be disappointed. Hunting TT returns for Jan 1 - last hunt are 93.25%. Although my single 600 ped mining run (early Jan) was only a whopping 50.48% return, which isn't unheard of for a single run like that.

Haven't been too invovled in the skill tracking side of things lately. I don't have an account on Jdegre's site, so is there some other utility/site that can figure TT difference from two CSVs?

Well there is this: http://www.entropiawiki.com/SkillCalc.aspx

And if you don't wanna register there it works too, but then you gotta input each separate skill manual from what the new value is, then the old value on the second box, then click "extract"m after which it'll show you how big an ESI is needed to extract that amount (which is the number you're looking for) and the ESI produced from chipping out after 10% is discounted. It's a bit of work, but takes only a couple minutes after you get the hang of it.

Either way, I'd really appreciate it, as I'm tryng to make a comparison between skillgains using different setups on similar mobs, compared to other setups on other mobs.

Last edited:
You'll be disappointed. Hunting TT returns for Jan 1 - last hunt are 93.25%.

Thanks again! :)

and no, I'm not disappointed at all! Infact, I've expected this!

I'm long registered on that site, mate. In fact I was one of the ones who worked with him to develop that little "chip in/out" calculator.

However, as you said it's meant for single skills, and I have zero intention of running through every single skill to get a manual count.

Hhmm, guess the next tool needed is one that take CSVs and automates that process.

But for some reason, I'm sure someone had something like this. Some skill compare tool is tickling my memory, like I read about it on some thread here. :scratch: It's also possible I'm just delusional. :eyecrazy:

You don't have to do every skill, you could just do handgun for example. That would give you (or whoever) something to compare in different situations.

btw, I wasn't criticizing your activity level in my previous post. I just would be interested if you increased your turnover, if you maintained the same tt return %.

I'm long registered on that site, mate. In fact I was one of the ones who worked with him to develop that little "chip in/out" calculator.

However, as you said it's meant for single skills, and I have zero intention of running through every single skill to get a manual count.

Hhmm, guess the next tool needed is one that take CSVs and automates that process.

But for some reason, I'm sure someone had something like this. Some skill compare tool is tickling my memory, like I read about it on some thread here. :scratch: It's also possible I'm just delusional. :eyecrazy:

There was a skill grabber that worked off of screen-capture. You'd "prtscn" your skill windows and it captured them and organised them in notepad. For the life of me I can't remember what it was... I kinda thought it was jdegre's thingamajig, but I'm not sure. I did used to have it though (and probably still do).

There was a skill grabber that worked off of screen-capture. You'd "prtscn" your skill windows and it captured them and organised them in notepad. For the life of me I can't remember what it was... I kinda thought it was jdegre's thingamajig, but I'm not sure. I did used to have it though (and probably still do).

Perhaps you recall NRF? It was a great application for logging skills as well as mining claims.

I see. Well, if you dont mind wouldn't providing me with your skill values before and after those 26k cycled on hunting (mining ones doesnt interest me as much), I'd run each separate one there myself, then.

Well, for total tt difference in skills, just getting a record somewhere of the TT skill total it shows would work too. Save what you have at the start of the year, even, and look again next year.

There was a skill grabber that worked off of screen-capture.

Scanning skills was never a problem. jdegre's scanner has work for me for years. It was simply the TT difference between two scans that I can't easily get.

I see. Well, if you dont mind wouldn't providing me with your skill values before and after those 26k cycled on hunting (mining ones doesnt interest me as much), I'd run each separate one there myself, then.

Skills sent. :)

Back