Slayer
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Society
    Skillin' Villains
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Uvas View Post
    Ok, ok.

It was a statement that a deed holder's revenue will never be diluted. Which, for practical, purposes, means that no more land deeds will be offered.
    the statement was that no more land deeds will be offered against the current 25% revenue allocated. they could in the future offer deeds against another allocation of the revenue.
    consider a cockup before a conspiracy

Old Alpha
    Society
    Toxic Templar of Fallen Knights
    Quote Originally Posted by aridash View Post
    the statement was that no more land deeds will be offered against the current 25% revenue allocated. they could in the future offer deeds against another allocation of the revenue.
    Of course. But unless they were set up exactly the same---same number, same payout, same percentage of revenue, same entitlements, they would be something else. The odds of them being exactly the same are pretty low. So if they were different in the slightest way, they would have to be called something else, if even for the simplest of facts, being able to differentiate between the two products on the auction.

Strike that, even if they were exactly the same, they would have to be called something else, just to avoid people thinking that their land deeds were diluted.
    Last edited by Uvas; 04-15-2012 at 13:12.
    MA: "There is no lootpool."

Forum users: Oh, so there is a lootpool! I KNEW it!

Slayer
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Society
    Skillin' Villains
    Images
    ...So if they were different in the slightest way, they would have to be called something else [...] even if they were exactly the same, they would have to be called something else
    like Calypso Land Deeds Second Edition? not much of a complication.
    consider a cockup before a conspiracy

Old Alpha
    Society
    Toxic Templar of Fallen Knights
    like Calypso Land Deeds Second Edition? not much of a complication.
    Exactly something like that.
    MA: "There is no lootpool."

Forum users: Oh, so there is a lootpool! I KNEW it!

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Rickard Rick England
    Society
    Jurai Blood
    Images
    i dont know if RickEngland intended to say that, but its perfectly possible. you need to seperate the percentage of the revenue from the number of deeds issued. you can hve different deed issues with different allocations of revenue and number of deeds. they might like to issue a set of 10 deeds backed by only 1% of the revenue, or 100k backed by 10%. the inital prices and potentially the returns would all be different.

@ GeorgeSkywalker, i think thats exactly what they mean, the current 25% revenue share is locked to the existing deed issue.
    Yes sorry was getting late and rushed that post. Yes agreed with above. So 25% of the business is sold cant change that. But like you correctly explained MA can issue any format they like for a further issue if they choose to sell more of the planet in the future. I think my point was if the Caly really became popular and divs were say 10-15 peds then it would justify seeking a better sales price for a smaller percentage of the business.

I see deeds are re-selling at 1200 now, quite a market building for speculators. do traders buy at 1200 to dump at 1300...lol. I love watching the action unfolding between hunts at auctions sometimes. Although I don't even think thats traders I think its people acutally wanting to own atthose current prices. Still very good return percentage wise. Surely I wouldn't be ramping for making such a suggestion. Personally I have no intention of selling my deeds short term.

anyway back on topic, I very much doubt MA would consider another issue for a long time. At least until they grow the business. substantially.

Rick

ps: If I turn down the misses another night on the trot to post on forum, I think she be looking for some action with a new man. so with that Good night.
    Izgood (JB) "EU enhances my split personality"
    MA can pay you if they want too.
    Do not confuse kindness with weakness.
    Chance favours the prepared mind.

Hi, greetings to you all.

I see now that all the lots (except for 1000 that are to be distributed in form of prices etc) have been sold.

Interesting to see one individual buying 25000 lots..

Anyways, I just have some questions about the percentages..

So, first of all SEE was to to buy calypso for 6 mill USD (and the deal was to get 50% of the profits while MindArk keep 50%) but that never happened so now they came up with this brilliant idea to sell calypso as lots instead. 60 000 lots = 6 mill USD which is equivalent to what SEE was gonna pay..

So all these lot-owners they get 1/60000% per each lot and are rightfully entitled to 1/60000 of a 50% profitshare (since MA keep 50%)

And the expected ROI supposedly is an annual 27-30% of the 50% profitshare they give out..

so lets say this guy who bought 25000 lots and the profit for planet calypso is 10 million SEK that means that MindArk will keep 5million and give out 5million to the lotowners so he will then get 25000/60000 = 41,6%
    of the 5million which is 2,080 000SEK

with the same formula a guy who bought 100 lots for 10000 usd would then get 8333,33SEK

10000usd is quite a big investment in a virtual world. would anyone put that money in to just get like a 8% ROI if that estimated number of a profit for calypso of 10 million sek?

I doubt their profit is bigger than 10 million sek.

What they're marketing is the following:

They estimate the ROI to be 30% annually so that would mean that for the guy buyin 100 lots for 10000usd he would get 3000usd in profit which is approximately 20400SEK(6,80 rate) and that would mean that calypso itself would generate a TOTAL profit of 24,480 000SEK in which MA keep 50% (12, 240 000SEK) and give out the other half to the lot owners..

I mean calypso generating an almost 25million profit is quite sick and that's what they're marketing it as with the 30% ROI...

Are my assumptions correctly made or am I missing something?

Please let me know.

I haven't played this game so long but I'm quite amazed by it and I'm just trying to aware of the financials outside the game as well as inside.

Thanks in advance.

All the best!

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Harmony Bella Simpson
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    they never said something about profit, they stated income.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Thoreau
    Society
    Kaos
    Blog Entries
    Images
    That is an interesting thought.

But you aren't just handing over your money, you are exchanging it for something of value. And that thing(s) of value is held for you by Mindark. They can't just make it disappear from your account. That is stealing. I know of one large case where the person deposited money, without a signed contract, into a virtual universe. He proceeded to game the system and make huge profits. The company banned him and locked his account for his unethical conduct. As it was a large amount of money involved, he took the company to court. The court ruled that the company had to give him his money, including the money he gamed from the system.

And they had a EULA just as fancy as Mindark's.
    Are you talking about Bragg v Linden?

If so, the case was settled out of court. I can't think of any other case that matches your description.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Drake Slade Corbett
    Society
    Sol Imperium Citizens Korps
    Images
    I wish I bought one when it was only 1000 PED!! Ok, time to go look on the auction.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16