Votes: 1 0.3%
  • 1001 - 2500

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2501 - 5000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • more as 5000

Votes: 10 2.9%

• Total voters
We need a forum Group to discuss the game your mentioned, if that's not against the forum rules. If it is, maybe we could move to Gamers HQ. But seriously, EU players need a place to discuss the game, as its communities I've noticed don't seem to have an RCE mindset.

you are correct their players don't have a RCE mindset and wont for a while,s ome never will..

Our EU traders and auction players, should really consider eating that game alive for the first few months imo.

I have twelve, and might buy more if the ROI picks up.

Considering that there is one person with 25k deeds out there and even when assuming that he voted in this thread, we have now the impressive fact that between the close to 200 people who voted to have deeds there is already several thousand deeds more 'owned' then there were ever sold by mindark ;)

Apparently that's because some of the voted owners sold their deeds and the new owners came to vote too, adding the same deeds to the sum :)

Maybe time to make part 3 of that poll :) i can do, if it is wished. just tell me.

just hit 20 deeds :) getting harder to buy em but still get 1 every month at least

None. I dont need them to profit :p

When I first started, full jag was something like 30k. I just got mine for 6.5k. time always eats away at MU. If you want to argue that jag is an exception just because it's given away at MM, then when I started, metal/energy res was 140%.

Going back to your car analogy: I'd say it's actually more like buying a duplex. You put up hundreds of thousands up front to get maybe a few hundred a week after mortgage. Even though you will eventually get back your money in about 5 years, you have to live in a cardboard box and eat ramen until then. I'm betting people will run out of ramen long before that. Of course, people who can afford to do it won't sell low, but I'm betting those who can't afford to do it vastly outnumber those who can.

But then again, since I have 0, I'm fine whether it goes up (won't buy any anyway,) down (didn't invest, so nothing to lose,) or stays the same. :)

YOu're right about the price of those items, and that they dropped alot - yeh. But the CLD:s are LIMITED IN NUMBER. 60 000 deeds and 60 000 only. The price will go up and down according to the demand etc bla bla bla, you get it :)

The jag prices fell because the (L)-version of Jag was introduced, and the price-bouble from 2007-08 burst and everything fell like rocks. This wont happen to CLD:s as they wont make (L)-ones, or make more Calypso-deeds ^^ Also Jag-armor and other items drop from time to time, which CLD:s won't be able to do. These deeds work more like IRL stocks than items.

This wont happen to CLD:s as they wont make (L)-ones, or make more Calypso-deeds ^^
That's quite an idea, actually - (L) deeds that pay out for a limited number of week :). After all, who would believe 7+ years ago that L-shit will become mainstream.

i own 0 deeds, and never plan to buy any either.

I dont fancy the idea to give MA more money just so they can survive when the SEE deal they needed so bad turned belly up.

Ive already given them enough, and since they clearly stated that there are no personal lootpool i fail to find a reason to support them further financially :)

Havent deposited since 2010 and have no plans to change that just because they "give us an offer we cant refuse" , not falling for that bait sorry im too realistic for that.

after ~10 years all these cld's will be paid back his value and keep ern and earn. but where this money comes from?? from ma pocket? :laugh: this investment is pretty big fail imo, like banks

By looking at the poll-results so far, this poll was useless :laugh:

When I first started, full jag was something like 30k. I just got mine for 6.5k. time always eats away at MU. If you want to argue that jag is an exception just because it's given away at MM, then when I started, metal/energy res was 140%.

Going back to your car analogy: I'd say it's actually more like buying a duplex. You put up hundreds of thousands up front to get maybe a few hundred a week after mortgage. Even though you will eventually get back your money in about 5 years, you have to live in a cardboard box and eat ramen until then. I'm betting people will run out of ramen long before that. Of course, people who can afford to do it won't sell low, but I'm betting those who can't afford to do it vastly outnumber those who can.

But then again, since I have 0, I'm fine whether it goes up (won't buy any anyway,) down (didn't invest, so nothing to lose,) or stays the same. :)

So you paid 6.5K for a Jaguar set, which in my eyes is overprice since I paid 3.5K when it first came out *shrug* I don't see your point.

None atm until they reach +10 ped per week and this criteria is being met:

http://www.entropiaplatform.com/partners/get-your-own-vw-become-a-/

But you do realise when they reach +10 ped per week the prise will be +2600 ped per CLD.
btw u r interesting man :laugh: Start a thread "Entropia is Dead End", say didn't and wont buy CLD soon and then deposit 8k USD just to buy skills and ready to depo 10k USD more just for more skills. :eyecrazy:
If I buy CLD for 18k USD I can live the rest of my life at the beach wothout working any more :yup:

But you do realise when they reach +10 ped per week the prise will be +2600 ped per CLD.
btw u r interesting man :laugh: Start a thread "Entropia is Dead End", say didn't and wont buy CLD soon and then deposit 8k USD just to buy skills and ready to depo 10k USD more just for more skills. :eyecrazy:
If I buy CLD for 18k USD I can live the rest of my life at the beach wothout working any more :yup:

Yea, intend to spend 60k usd over the next 5 years, just limiting myself for now.

I ran out of my deposit limit this month :D

oh_noes.jpg

CLDs I don't see (at this point) as an investment opportunity worth while investing in.

I did however buy IRL a $55k AUD/USD property and $110k USD/AUD house in the last week.

p1017650057.jpg

I redecided on an investment of $200k USD into Arkadia (temporarily) and will wait another 2 years to see how things pans out - Aim is to sell off one of my properties and invest if things look better in the future to come.

Now I am spending crazy money on an avatar buyout over the next month >
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/entry.php?2757-Chipping-in-skills-to-6k-Progress-blog

I gave away a few gifts/sponsorship >
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ight-attitude-to-game-)&p=2988930#post2988930
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...hout-deposit&p=2986220&viewfull=1#post2986220

And just for the sake of it, trying something different today >
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...d-worthwhile&p=2990265&viewfull=1#post2990265

But you in all honesty I can say this.

Retirement changes you a little,
It is a bit of a little bit of nutz on the rocks and small twist of madness with a squeeze of being silly.
So you can say I am a bit stranger than the usual person you run into lol :laugh:

Last edited:
Retirement changes you a little,
It is a bit of a little bit of nutz on the rocks and small twist of madness with a squeeze of being silly.

Ahh, now that explains everything! ;)

(sorry couldn't resist :evilking:)

BTW, That was a mistype, it was supposed to be - Is Entropia a Dead End :)

Read more here on MT > Entropia is a dead end.

I know, just my post was stronger that way.
And why wait 2 years to invest in Entropia :scratch2:
That's like waiting to buy Facebook shares in 2012 when u can buy half the company in 2004 for 500 bucks :laugh:

By looking at the poll-results so far, this poll was useless :laugh:

Does seem a little unlikely that 9 people own more than 5000 deeds.

Doesn't it make want to buy 1001 deeds, so you can be the only person in the category?

zero, 0, none, 1 - 1.................:laugh:

I know, just my post was stronger that way.
And why wait 2 years to invest in Entropia :scratch2:
That's like waiting to buy Facebook shares in 2012 when u can buy half the company in 2004 for 500 bucks :laugh:

Mainly investing big into skill atm so I can play at a level that I can appreciate the game.
ie. That is fun for me.

Serious investment into Entropia itself would likely be teaming up with a planet partner's profile direct. I know CLDs are like this in effect, however, the development thus far under MA has not be that great thus far.

I have my eye more on Arkadia at this time :)
Even though I am a Calypso resident through and through.

I missed IRL finance opportunity to buy CLDs for Calypso - funds were all tied up.
Now they are free, who knows what the future will hold.

Take Care,
Viper :)

Mainly investing big into skill atm so I can play at a level that I can appreciate the game.
ie. That is fun for me.

Serious investment into Entropia itself would likely be teaming up with a planet partner's profile direct. I know CLDs are like this in effect, however, the development thus far under MA has not be that great thus far.

I have my eye more on Arkadia at this time :)
Even though I am a Calypso resident through and through.

I missed IRL finance opportunity to buy CLDs for Calypso - funds were all tied up.
Now they are free, who knows what the future will hold.

Take Care,
Viper :)

I saw clds as a cheap solution to deeper issues, so walked away, so my vote is ZERO.

Maybe, you, me, and a few others might make a PP Viper so we can show others how it is supposed to be done:)

No crack whores, rockchicks, or punks in sight. But a throwback to games for gamers. Let's see what the future holds indeed.

CLDS.... meh

Maybe, you, me, and a few others might make a PP Viper so we can show others how it is supposed to be done:)

If your serious and have 200k usd as investment, I can put you in verbal contact with one of the PPs already established who can discuss an investment opportunity further.

As far as I go, no I wish not to be anything but a silent partner with little input into development ideas here and there if they are feasible. No grand plans etc. I am in talks with Arkadia at present, though am in the process of deciding on one of two things - Borrow 200k usd from either Bank West or Citibank (Both more liberal with lending when you have a business plan organised to setup a tech company) and leave myself with little cashflow over the next 2 years until I sell one of my properties off, or wait two years, sell the property and then invest. If I sell it under the two year period, I get hit with a large tax bill for capital gain having just bought the land and house in these last few weeks.

I would have wrote this in a PM, but your the third person who has suggested setting up a planet, so it seems to be the latest buzz on peoples plates and want to state my position on it.

There is a lot of things that have suddenly appeared as of late as opportunities now that I am retired, but I will take my time to make sure I make the right choices without rushing into things for now.

If your serious and have 200k usd as investment, I can put you in verbal contact with one of the PPs already established who can discuss an investment opportunity further.

As far as I go, no I wish not to be anything but a silent partner with little input into development ideas here and there if they are feasible. No grand plans etc. I am in talks with Arkadia at present, though am in the process of deciding on one of two things - Borrow 200k usd from either Bank West or Citibank (Both more liberal with lending when you have a business plan organised to setup a tech company) and leave myself with little cashflow over the next 2 years until I sell one of my properties off, or wait two years, sell the property and then invest. If I sell it under the two year period, I get hit with a large tax bill for capital gain having just bought the land and house in these last few weeks.

This sounds appealing to me as well. My only issue with it is I enjoy playing these types of games, and I enjoy the EU concept. Being a PP within EU my play would be disrupted, and one of the core concepts that attracts me, the mystery of an unsolvable (even if its because I really cant be bothered trying) puzzle, would be destroyed with the actual ownership of a planet within the model.

That being said, I would love to contribute to a planet as a writer on a contract basis. I'd contribute to a new planet, or to Calypso or Next Island at present, as I could see my particular style working out very well in the latter two environments.

It's my hope that CLD's may afford some liberties in the future for Calypso, as citizens who are invested in the success of the planet monetarily are invited to participate more and more in its growth and direction.

Back