50+ suggestions for MindForce

Ludvig|MindArk

MindArk Official
Staff member
Admin
MindArk Official
Formerly "Foeburner Nighthawk Delta"
Note: The 50+ in the thread title is about how many suggestions there are, not which level they should be for, as there apparently was some confusion about that.

Alright, because I really love MindForce and Kim said they had not yet decided how to develop it, I figured I would give my take on it along with a long list of ideas I have had (some of which fit into how I feel MindForce could develop and some that do not).

When you have read (or at least skimmed through it), I would be happy to see some comments and suggestions below :) for example if there is any idea you like in particular, or would want to improve upon. If there is an idea you think is completely impossible, and why. I tried to stay at least fairly realistic but I know some of the ideas would be hard to balance. Even so, I cut some out myself for being too unrealistic or hard to make.

First off, which direction to develop MindForce?
MindForce, or the power of the mind, is something else than "just another combat profession". It is a power sprung from our connection to the world around us, a connection enhanced by the implant we use and shaped by the chips we equip.

In my opinion, the development should not be centered around combat too much. Instead, the focus should be on the development of buffs, debuffs and chips that can be used to support yourself, your team and your allies, or to cripple the capabilities of your enemy. (While not disregarding attacks completely of course, those should have a place as well).

I have also been thinking about possible applications of MindForce in space travel and space combat, which is much harder. I got a couple of ideas and Stave Petty helped me come up with one more (also in the list below) but I would love to see what someone else could come up with as well :)

So to sum it up: While MindForce gives very little health and agility gains, making the user slow and rather fragile, I would like to see powers to counter that, and also counters to not only attack, but also support teams in ways that would actually be helpful. I want to be able to, as a mindforce user, at least be able to defend myself in a PvP situation, even if it means escaping rather than fighting.

Also, I very much like the idea of powers that could be used differently in different situations (see Pyrokinetic > Flash below for example).

List of MindForce power ideas below:

Bioregenesis

Absorb
Heals user by hurting the target. Works over time.

Cell Burst
Prevents target from healing. Works only in PvP (and if future mobs will be able to heal each other as has been hinted at before).

Heal Over Time
Was mentioned by Kim in the interview with Normandie radio as a possible future power. I see two possible ways this could be done:
1)Increases natural healing over a longer time
2)Heals xx points over xx seconds (or until the points have been healed).

Muscle Boost
Allows user to carry more before slowing down.

Resilient
Gives a small chance of surviving a killing blow while active (buff).

Soul Form
Allows the user to become a ghost after death instead of reviving, but would be unable to do anything except walk/run around.

Sturdiness
Increases health of the target for a while.

Support
Raises the targets MindForce attack power but must be kept active to work (the user must be aiming at the target and holding the “use” button).

Transfer Life
Heals target very quickly but damages the user instead.

Cryogenic

Evisceration
Uses ice crystals to slice the target open, causing them to bleed and take damage over time (only the initial attack would decay armor and be affected by it).

Ice Sphere
Envelops the user in a sphere of protective ice. Makes the user immune to Cold attacks and gives some protection against Cut/Stab/Impact/Shrapnel/Electrical damage. However, Penetration damage will still be normal and the user will be extra vulnerable to Burn/Acid damages.

Icicle Launch
Fires a spike of ice that accelerates over a long range until it hits its target to deal stab/penetration damage as the thin icicle passes straight into the target.

Snapfreeze
Freezes liquids in the targets body, forming ice crystals that shafe and cut their insides while also causing cold damage.

Electro Kinetic

Electric Pulse
Shuts off all electronic equipment within xx meters for xx seconds (including energy-using weapons, vehicles, users own implant and chips, etc).

Gravity Manipulation
Creates a tiny black hole that moves nearby vehicles, avatars and mobs towards it while dealing damage. Absorbs some attacks if user places near himself, although makes the avatar unable to move.

Kinetic Blast
Knocks over the target, chance of success is determined by user Psyche and professional level versus target Agility (high agility target could avoid being knocked over).

Kinetic Boost
Uses kinetic power to shoot the user forward xx meters very quickly, allowing passage over slim canyons and to quickly close the distance to an enemy.

Could possibly also have a version that ends with an attack if you manage to hit the enemy? Would require some real life skills to aim.

Kinetic Jump
Uses kinetic power to enhance a jump. This could be done in several ways:
1)Like metabolic chips, enhances jumps during a certain period.
2)As a one-use-one-jump chip which you must use while jumping (while in the air) to have any effect.

Kinetic Punch
Short range, slow and high damage. Requires both Powerfist and Electro Kinetic skills.
100% impact damage.

Kinetic Shield
Works as a defense for the MindForce user.

Could be restricted to use without armor only to balance it?

Kinetic Shield 2
Can absorb XXX points of damage from ranged weapons (or for a certain period of time) before breaking. When it breaks, it deals impact damage to nearby players (if PvP) while the user is dealt x% to xx% of the absorbed damage. This way, using the shield would be risky for the user but it could also work well in his favor.

Levitation
Allows the user to fly, at least short distances. Would require extremely high skills?

Plasma Beam
Fires a continuous arc of electricity to burn and jolt the target.

Slow Fall
Slows down your body when falling off a cliff or from a vehicle. Could be done two ways:
1)Needing to be timed right before hitting the ground.
2)As a buff that works for xx seconds.

Stasis
Makes target unable to move or attack for X seconds. User is also unable to move or use items until ~0.5 seconds before the target, giving him the edge in one-vs-one battle but leaving him vulnerable to any additional enemies.

Water Walking
The user creates platforms of kinetic energy below his feet that divides his weight over a large enough area to avoid sinking when walking across water.

Jammer

Disruptor
Stops someone from charging a MindForce chip. Long range, works only in PvP.

Pyro Kinetic

Acid Dart
Deals damage both on impact and over time.
Impact – 80% penetration, 10% impact, 10% shrapnel.
Over time – 100% acid.

Barrage
Launches a barrage of flaming missiles.
High speed, long range, low-medium damage, small splash damage.

Flash
Creates a very strong point of light. Several possible uses:
1)Blind enemies.
2)Illuminate dark areas (caves, forests, nighttime, etc)
3)Mark locations for pilots and allies, especially in non-radar areas.
4)Confuse enemies in PvP.

Flashfire
Ignites the user and all nearby mobs/players/destructibles (players in PvP only). Useful only as a last ditch resort as the user will take quick damage over time as well (ignores users armor).

Metabolic Burst
Very high effect metabolic chip, accelerates the user to massive speeds but require massive amounts of energy to keep up. The user takes damage while using the chip (while running) due to the unnaturally high strain on the body.

Smokescreen
The user creates cinders which raises a smokescreen they can hide behind long enough to possibly charge a TP chip and escape.

Telepathy

Calming
Lowers the aggro of nearby mobs.

Detection
Allows the user to see hints of where nearby living beings are, even if they are behind objects.

The clarity with which one can see hiding mobs, players, etc could possibly be based on Psyche, while a high Jammer level would negate that effect.

Evasion Chip
Temporarily raises evasion (evade/dodge level or simply chance of not being hit) for x attacks or minutes by allowing the user to predict attacks and aim based on the attackers mind. (If this would be too unbalanced if possible to use with armor, it could perhaps require that no armor is equipped because it would "interfere with your connection to the world" or something).

Farsight
Lets you see if an area is safe to teleport into (might not be so useful since "arrival safe" was added?)

Could also be more helpful by moving you slightly to the side if you are about to teleport and land on a steep cliff, causing you to survive rather than fall to your doom.

Focus
Raises the critical hit ratio of the user (like an enhancer would for a gun) for x amount of MindForce attacks by allowing them to perceive weak spots on their target.

Incapacitation
"Confuses" the target with a type of "mind bash". If in PvP, the effect could be something like a blurred screen, sluggish controls and/or noise (like a concussion grenade in some action games).

Mindreading
Like a scanner but only shows skills/attributes, could perhaps be coupled with some scanning skills needed to use it (since mining finders have several different professions I mean).

Stealth
Makes it harder for others to see the user, could be balanced by being impossible while wearing armor.

Swarm Control
Uses MindForce to mind control a swarm of insects and having them attack the enemy.

Tagger
Compels a mob to attack the user by activating its natural instincts.

Translocation

Escape
Teleportation chip with no charging time, but low range and random direction (and length). For emergency situations only. Would not trigger “Arrival Safe”.

Item Teleport
Allows you to put items in storage over a long distance. Could possibly be disabled in lootable PvP to avoid it getting too easy in there?

Phasing
Lets the user pass through other avatars and thin walls, etc instead of colliding with them. Standing inside an object when the power time ends results in a horrible, painful death. Standing inside another player in PvP when the power time ends results in death, along with damage to the other player (not decaying armor).

Phasing could also give some protection against stab/cut/impact/penetration/shrapnel damage while making the user more vulnerable to cold/burn/acid/electric damage.

Other

Hyper Attack
An attack with a long charge up time, massive damage and slow cooldown. Leaves the user unable to move or use items for a period of time, due to exhaustion.

Ultra Attack
An attack with a long charge up time, extreme damage and slow cooldown. Leaves the user unable to move or use items for a period of time, as well as reducing the users health to 1, due to extreme exhaustion.

Space MindForce

Defense
Absorbs or deflects enemy fire, needs very good timing and RL skill to work.

Detection
Detects threats at a much larger distance.

Navigation
Shows the MindForce user and the pilot the closest way to the target in the form of a glowing “line”, making it easier to find it when upside down or such, without having to open the map.

Wormhole - Credit to Stave Petty
Add natural wormholes to space and make them risky to travel through if done normally. Let MindForce users owning a wormhole chip be able to keep them stable (eliminating the risk).

Last edited:
cool but no pom/pyro, tee he he.

Pom? There are several pyro ideas in the list :)

its a wow joke =) glass cannon mage build

cool stuff though, I don't like stuff that allow people to flee in pvp its already to easy to avoid getting killed. I did however enjoy the complexity of what you have said though. less point and click more thought process in to how the game is played is a good thing. ill take a stronger focus on player skill over usd in game any day like it is with quads in space.

less point and click more thought process in to how the game is played is a good thing. ill take a stronger focus on player skill over usd in game any day like it is with quads in space.

Indeed, that is what I was thinking about in many of the cases :) for example, I personally like this idea:
Kinetic Shield 2
Can absorb XXX points of damage from ranged weapons (or for a certain period of time) before breaking. When it breaks, it deals impact damage to nearby players (if PvP) while the user is dealt x% to xx% of the absorbed damage. This way, using the shield would be risky for the user but it could also work well in his favor.

Simply because it requires much more tactical thinking :) for the user, the chip could be a very dangerous thing to use... for the enemy, they could simply stop attacking and wait for the shield to disappear and then fire, killing the user before he has time to switch to another type of chip :)

On the surface seems well thought out and looks pretty impressive.

I'll see if I can "break" some :naughty:

On the surface seems well thought out and looks pretty impressive.

I'll see if I can "break" some :naughty:

Well of course some will be impossible to make and/or balance, so I'll be interested to see what you have to say, added perspective is often good :)

Anyways, even if you "break" them, they may be good for inspiration at least :silly2:

EDIT: Some may be possible but be best to have as rare and/or very high level :)

MF ideas

I like the transfer life idea.
I like the slow fall idea, as a TP chip user I am tired of landing on a cliff.
I like the smoke screen idea, sort of like a universal decoy.
As a suggestion, instead of amps for MF chips, have the power of the chips depend on the Avas
level in that profession

Before introducing anything new MA shud fix MF according to their advertising.
IT was addvertised as a addvanced profession.
As advanced i understand something much faster, powerfull or cheaper to use in confront of other in game.
Cant be that our mind work 37 times at minit ( ecept some low lvl corrisive and such) and some clasic weapons shoot 80 or 92 times per minit. Who click on them if we are so retard that we can do it only 37 times per minit then?
MF shud be fastest in whatever we do, be it shooting, healing or some other services.
MF shud depend more on skills than on quality and MU of chip.
Some of MF attack shud pass armor protection - because mindforcerer is attacking oponent mind lol and not armor; to protect - high psyche, various energy and mind buffs..

For "advanced proffesion" i cud think on one who is bored with his mod merc with 200+ DPS and want more - want to addvance, want to use MF.

Some of MF attack shud pass armor protection - because mindforcerer is attacking oponent mind lol and not armor; to protect - high psyche, various energy and mind buffs..

Indeed, I feel a bit the same way.

One of the ideas I listed was for a telepath chip that would allow the user to evade/dodge attacks easier by reading the mind of the attacker so he/she knows where the attack is aimed. However, even before that I thought that we should have an unlockable MindForce skill doing just that (unlockable by Telepath) as:

1) It would make sense for that profession.
2) It would be a good way to make up for the extremely low health gain of MindForce.

It should also be possible to have some chips where the effect depends on the user vs. the target skill levels. For example, a telepathic attack where a target that has a higher Psyche compared to the user would have a higher chance of blocking or at least a lower effect.

Before introducing anything new MA shud fix MF according to their advertising.
IT was addvertised as a addvanced profession.
As advanced i understand something much faster, powerfull or cheaper to use in confront of other in game.
Cant be that our mind work 37 times at minit ( ecept some low lvl corrisive and such) and some clasic weapons shoot 80 or 92 times per minit. Who click on them if we are so retard that we can do it only 37 times per minit then?
MF shud be fastest in whatever we do, be it shooting, healing or some other services.

For "advanced proffesion" i cud think on one who is bored with his mod merc with 200+ DPS and want more - want to addvance, want to use MF.

with armor the pvp sets don't offer protection from mf as it is, the problem that limits mf chips in pvp is they have a useless range Vs. realistic ranged pvp weapons. a high level "attack" chip will devastate any avatar in a top pvp set but you have to address the concern of the dar, ml35, ml35, tango, psg, camo urban, jungle, desert, bla bla bla first or hope to luck out with a tp jump. mf chips need counterparts to the above listed guns. decent dps, high range, favor slower reload and higher burst over fast reload and medium damage.

mf chips need counterparts to the above listed guns. decent dps, high range, favor slower reload and higher burst over fast reload and medium damage.

Hopefully that is something that is coming soon at least:

I am currently working on adding alot of new mindforce chips for all categories to allow for a much smoother progress in the mindforce professions higher levels.
I am also looking into the situation with the implants to see if any adjustments can be made.

The new chips are indeed able to compete with the weapons of other professions with similar level requirements, and maxing the XX chips will keep you busy long past level 60. :)

I am also considering making a few new kinds of attack chips which may be usefull in some situations.

Yes hunting bigger monsters with the new chips will be possible, the Cryogenic attack XX does some really cool damage...

according to some recent rumors, Genesis Star are planning to make their way into the Mindforce business, launching several new series of Combat oriented chips.:yup:

I personally hope that they put some more range into the new chips, and also finally adds chips with decent or good eco! It is not as important for buffs and effects, but when it comes to attacks I believe MindForce needs to be adjusted (or get new chips) in order to be able to compete with other forms of combat.

You're right, I didn't read all the OP, I skimmed it, but if MA were considering hiring an "idea's guy" perhaps they should send you a PM.

MF has received a considerable boost since VU9 with all the different attacks and skills, so its no longer THE neglected profession, and made cheaper with the addition of synthetic ME, but who knows, maybe a Dev will spot this thread. :)

Add to cryogenic

Add to cryogenic:

Stasis. High level cryogenic chip that renders its user immune to the effects of PvP/looting for some time.

Limitations: Must not have engaged in combat for 30 seconds prior to revival. May not engage in physical action during the duration of the chips effects. In effect the user becomes luggage that must be activated by another member of the crew in order to be moved.

This works for space transport.

How about an "RL initiative" chip that encourages avatars to do something besides sitting around dreaming about MF.:confused:

Some good ideas though:yup:

there are some pretty cool skills in GW that would work well in EU's mindforce. (looks like you have some listed :D)

Not saying to rip those off, but if you've ever played it, you know how fun mindfoce could be.

At the moment mindforce is like Elementalist. but there as some Necromancer and Mesmer skills that would be wicked in EU, while maintaining a sense of 'reality' to it.

Well done! I really like many of them!

there are some pretty cool skills in GW that would work well in EU's mindforce. (looks like you have some listed :D)

Not saying to rip those off, but if you've ever played it, you know how fun mindfoce could be.

At the moment mindforce is like Elementalist. but there as some Necromancer and Mesmer skills that would be wicked in EU, while maintaining a sense of 'reality' to it.

What is GW?

I assume GW is Guild Wars... I played one of them many years ago, but I don't really remember much from it :laugh:

Actually, I am quite certain that many of those ideas have been in some game, movie or book since things always draw inspiration from other things :) for example, some of the ideas here are inspired by Star Wars (I see a lot of similarities between The Force and MindForce), others are perhaps subconciously inspired by magic in different games I have played or books I have read :)

EDIT: Espers from different media would obviously be possible inspirations as they too have powers similar to what MindForce "is": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esper

EDIT2: Found a couple of Wikipedia pages more that could be used to draw inspiration:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_characters_in_Heroes
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_superhuman_features_and_abilities_in_fiction

Last edited:
Space MindForce

Defense
Absorbs or deflects enemy fire, needs very good timing and RL skill to work.

Detection
Detects threats at a much larger distance.

Navigation
Shows the MindForce user and the pilot the closest way to the target in the form of a glowing “line”, making it easier to find it when upside down or such, without having to open the map.

Wormhole - Credit to Stave Petty
Add natural wormholes to space and make them risky to travel through if done normally. Let MindForce users owning a wormhole chip be able to keep them stable (eliminating the risk).

yea instead of making a crafted range of space vehicle addons such as shield, boosters, scanners ect EU could use MF chips in place of (or alongside) vehicle hardware.
some kind of shield would be a good idea. opposite power extra damage
some kind of speed boost ~ traction drag
some kind of space scanner to detect ships in the distance ~ scan cloak which renders you immune to the scan .
some of these space things might seem strange as MF rather than hardware on the ship , but instead of making ranges of hardware for each ship type for crafters we could have generic MF powers to use in space no matter which ship your piloting.

ps would be nice for some more new loot nothing against crafters here. pps the hardware options would also be cool!!!

Last edited:
some kind of shield would be a good idea. opposite power extra damage
some kind of speed boost ~ traction drag R

Reminds me of a Dovin Basal from Star Wars... an organic used by an alien species to provide shields, movement and some other things by manipulating gravity (pulling the ship forward by creating a gravity source in front of it, absorbing or changing the direction of enemy attacks by creating a small black hole, etc).

Main problem is that an organic set in charge of too many things could very easily exhaust themselves if forced to focus on one thing, causing the efficency of the other effects to suffer :silly2:

In the big picture, Entropia is a vision about mankind's distant future.
If u look at it this way, MF represents here an "alternate future" - as opposed to strictly technological progress. This is a cool concept, it can add a whole new dimension to the game. Levitation, walking on water, cooling down mobs aggro, etc.. all this superhuman stuff, on very high levels ofc, and hard to achieve.

I'm not a MF user, when i loot a low level chip it goes straight to TT. Nevertheless, when it's a pyro chip, i will use it up - simply because it's fun and the animation looks so cool. :)
It doesn't always have to be too clever, it doesn't have to be usable in PvP (which would inevitably raise complex balancing issues). Just give us some fireworks, we wanna have fun! ;)

In general, i'm al for the "using your head", "more tactical thinking" and "more player skill involved" ideas. But there's a fair limit to everything, too much complexity is also not good, it can end up with a huge bizarre mess that scares off most players... and that's a serious issue for a game developer who wants a big playerbase. "Keep it simple, silly!" ;)

Lots of ideas from you, as always!

I agree the concept of Mindforce should be elaborated more in game, to make more use of the skills and give a goal/reward for those who choose to go the Mindforce route.

As Dan calls it, being a "mage" in MMORPG means you have other abilities than sheer killing power. Sure, damage can be done but never as much as other routes.

In EU so far the focus of Mindforce has been to mimic melee and range damage. I think the new ideas to enhance individual and team effectiveness or block opponents should be prioritized.

The acceleration chip is a nice start, we need more of those to really make a difference in (team) hunting but also mining or even crafting.

/Slupor

As Dan calls it, being a "mage" in MMORPG means you have other abilities than sheer killing power. Sure, damage can be done but never as much as other routes.

Yes, or the "mage" can deal huge amounts of damage but dies almost as soon as someone pokes him/her :laugh: (example would be the Sorceress class in Diablo II)

In EU so far the focus of Mindforce has been to mimic melee and range damage. I think the new ideas to enhance individual and team effectiveness or block opponents should be prioritized.

Indeed this is what I agree the most with and have been trying to convey through the powers suggested :) brutal destruction is not always the only way, but incapacitating and eroding away the enemy can be just as effective.

For example, if you have much lower health than your enemy, a chip that kills the enemy with damage over time coupled with a shield that defends you would be much better than simply a high-damage chip.

Team support, individual buffing, enemy debuff/incapacitation and power combos is the way to go :cool:

Giving this a small bump in the hopes of getting more good and constructive comments like the ones I have gotten so far :wtg:

five changes to mf

• make electrokinetic and cryogenic dot chips to complement the ignite ones
  • make bigger L regen chips than iii already!
  • make attack chips to level XX
  • make metabolic chips level II and III at least
  • make some more second gen UL chips than Corrosive III Mentor Edition

Fine, this might be overly practical and short-sighted in some ways, but really, given how long this has been asked for, and how long it took for the ignite dot chips to appear ... I think this is what we should ask and press for. Anything else can wait.

• make bigger L regen chips than iii already!
  • make attack chips to level XX
  • make metabolic chips level II and III at least
  • make some more second gen UL chips than Corrosive III Mentor Edition

Yes, I do agree with all of those, especially bigger (L) regen chips and the higher level attack chips that has been mentioned already would be nice to see ingame sometime soon :)

As for the Metabolic chips, my opinion is that the currently existing one has way too high level requirement (compared to the effect given) and that it should be lowered from 25 to 15, which could be followed by a lvl 20 II and lvl 25 III.

More unlimited chips would be great, more chips with better eco and that lasts longer would also be great. I really wonder why a chip has a much higher decay-to-ammo ratio than a gun, as the gun should be subject to much more wear and tear? :scratch2:

I think this is what we should ask and press for. Anything else can wait.

I agree partially with this. The things you mentioned are important as both quick fixes and for more longterm development, but I also believe it is important to get ideas out there and discuss them, hopefully also with some input from the developers.

Kim said that no real course has been set for MindForce yet, and I believe that setting a course is important to the future development. However, I think it will be much easier for them to decide on the direction of development if they have a clue about what the players (especially those who use MindForce a lot) wants and feels.

So yes, it can wait until the more pressing parts have been fixed... but that does not mean we can not discuss it for future reference :)

Was thinking about how this may affect non-mindforce players like myself. Would I stop skilling laser and switch to mindforce, probably not.

Anyway an intresting line of thought. What if mindforce powers could be channelled via weapons? This is not all that unusual. We've seen in many other games e.g. Onimusha "infuse power in weapons and armor, and provide power for the elemental attacks of special weapons." wikipedia.

How could it work in EU. Well it could be set up so that we use two professions simultaneously, MindForce and normal Weapon. Tier slots could be adapted to house MindForce chips as well as enhancers, or could make special mindforce enhancers. Another solution would be to add mindforce slots to existing weapons and other items.

Or a special device could be created e.g. mindforce amp that can be attached to normal weapons and hence allowing use of mindforce to normal weapon. Ccould be intresting for melee users since they never had a normal amp.

For balancing purposes there could be a limit to how many Mindforce enhancers/chips could be used with an item. For example Absorb could be a very intresting option if added to a weapon. Could damage enemy as well as restore users health. With added cost ofcourse. In increased normal weapon decay, decay on mindforce chip, decay on implant and ofc increased usage of ammo mindforce or normal weapon or indeed both.

Plus it would give people like me who like their normal weapons to skill up in another profession like mindforce. Since I have low skills in Mindforce my options at start would be limited in what chips I can use but hopefully as I skill up my options improve. Likewise for a mindforce user their options may be limited at start as they may have low skills in normal weapons again as they skill up with dual professions their options would improve. This would also allow MindForce users to gain hp which is a limiting factor for dedicated MindForce users.

The more I think about it the more I think it would benefit MA and us players. Benefits MA because it's like having two players in one since a player would be using 2 professions at the same time.

Benefits players because although we like mindforce but we don't like giving up our normal weapons e.g. laser which we prefer. This way we get more options and Mindforce becomes more accessible.

Anyway an intresting line of thought. What if mindforce powers could be channelled via weapons? This is not all that unusual. We've seen in many other games e.g. Onimusha "infuse power in weapons and armor, and provide power for the elemental attacks of special weapons." wikipedia.

To be honest... I really do not like that idea.

For starters, it wouldn't really make any sense. Maybe there could be a power that allows you to add some electrical or fire damage to a melee blade, but to have MindForce chips attached to a weapon would just be... weird.

MindForce powers are manifestations of a psionic power created as the user draws power from the world around them, enhanced by the Mind Essence energy and the Implant, shaped by the Chips used to stimulate the right part(s) of the brain. They need to be inside the head of the MindForce user to work at all, putting them on another tool would mean they can not stimulate the brain and mind in the right way, so nothing would happen.

http://www.planetcalypso.com/guides/advanced/mindforce/

Besides, I am personally not a big fan of this mechanic in other games I have played either, except magical fantasy games... I just don't think it would fit in Entropia :dunno: maybe I am simply prejudiced against stuff like that

EDIT:

This has made me try to think of damage-over-time powers for cryo and electro...

Cryo is easy, it could freeze the liquids in the enemy body and cause ice crystals to form in him/her/it to deal cold damage and cut damage (from the crystals sharp edges).

However, I am having some problems coming up with ideas for Electro Kinetic DoT chips... quite sure that any electricity would just disappear into the ground rather quickly? :laugh:

EDIT2: After some thinking, reading Wikipedia articles and chatting with Remontoire and some others I have a few possible ideas for an Electro Kinetic DoT chip as well... It would do either electric or kinetic damage:
1) Create a wind current around the target that pelts him with rocks, sticks and other items.
2) Create an electrical field around the target? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_field
3) "Nerve Blast", as mentioned by Remontoire when I asked... I guess it would basically disrupt your nerve signals and cause horrible pain which would weaken the target, maybe even burn through the nerves directly?

Last edited:
First gen electro chip was originaly called nerveblast chip and with mindforcerer primary attacking skill psychotropy - what stimulated imagination of direct mind attack with posible electroshock or stunt on victim as colateral effect.
Imagination about attacking oponent mind or his nerves avoiding any psihical protection like armor and its decay.
Most powerful nerve blast chp is known today as first gen electric attack chip lvl 8.
That chip do only few percent (17%) of electric damage all the rest is burn, cut, stab.
With 17% of electric of total damage it do not deserve to be called electric attack chip and is still far away from kinetic in clasic sense.
Sadly MA decided to rename skills, chips and develop in other way.

We have new kinetic chips wich do not depend on old psychotropy skill but on electrokinetic skill but what they do?
Do they push, pull or move objects ?

Nightawk have many cool ideas but..
Long a go someone asked and many agreed and wished same - to get some area effect powers.
And we got it. Not for us but for mobs (Hussk).
Hussk is a proff that our strike chips are just bad joke.
Maybe we shud be afraid on what we wish and what we ask lol.
If we ask for damage on time power then i bet all mobs will get that power except us.

On our planet of origin - Earth we have several mobs able to electroshock,stunt, imobilise and even kill wit electric power.
They do not stand still imobilised until they use that power. They use mouth or other body parts to fight and eat victim.
We shud have free hands for tools or weapons too regardles if we use our mind and mind powers (or more adequate - chip powers as is now)in same time.
Those animals - mostly aquatic do not use any implant or chip or any outside energy .
All produced by their mind and body parts, experience and skills.

Last edited:
Back