50+ suggestions for MindForce

Most powerful nerve blast chp is known today as first gen electric attack chip lvl 8.
That chip do only few percent (17%) of electric damage all the rest is burn, cut, stab.
With 17% of electric of total damage it do not deserve to be called electric attack chip and is still far away from kinetic in clasic sense.

Yeah that is a bit weird, First Gen Electric VII and VIII does mainly cut with only a little electricity, why? :scratch2:

Meanwhile, I to VI does 100% electric damage :eyecrazy:

Changed/added the following (changes shown in blue):

Kinetic Boost
Uses kinetic power to shoot the user forward xx meters very quickly, allowing passage over slim canyons and to quickly close the distance to an enemy.

Could possibly also have a version that ends with an attack if you manage to hit the enemy? Would require some real life skills to aim.

Metabolic Burst
Very high effect metabolic chip, accelerates the user to massive speeds but require massive amounts of energy to keep up. The user takes damage while using the chip (while running) due to the unnaturally high strain on the body.

Snapfreeze
Freezes liquids in the targets body, forming ice crystals that shafe and cut their insides while also causing cold damage.

... but to have MindForce chips attached to a weapon would just be... weird.

Try telling that to the makers of Gods of War

Things like this are about extending gameplay. Providing more intresting possibilities which in turn make a game more enjoyable.

They can be engineered to be made more believable in game as well. For example for calypso could make this nifty device:

Item name:
Dr. Duchev's MindForce Amplifier

Item Description:
One of Dr. Duchev's experiments was about harnessing mindforce powers for everyday weapons. Intrestingly this device was made after Dr. Duchev lost his normal eyesight. He cunningly created this device to meld mindforce powers with normal weapons.

Normally MindForce powers are manifestations of a psionic power created as the user draws power from the world around them, enhanced by the Mind Essence energy and the Implant, shaped by the Chips used to stimulate the right part(s) of the brain. They need to be inside the head of the MindForce user to work at all.

By loosing his normal vision Dr Duchev noticed his capabilities of the mind increase. His ingenuity lay in extending these MindForce powers to be essentially channelled into normal weapons.

To use this amplifier you need skills in MindForce as well as normal weapons. This amplifier drains a users brain to a greater degree because it stimulates the brain and mind to exceptional levels.

Yeah that is a bit weird, First Gen Electric VII and VIII does mainly cut with only a little electricity, why? :scratch2:

Meanwhile, I to VI does 100% electric damage :eyecrazy:

the most obvious reason is simply that the best mf chip is for hunting mobs not people . If the lev8 was all electric it would cause havoc in pvp ( especially pre L, and it never got a second thought since?)
Basicly looks like the main purpose for MF has been nerfed so its just prety much a waste of time and ped for pretty effect.

their specialized damage is the only thing that makes them of any interest whatso ever .(after the pretty effect)

ps one for the list : Mind force pet control which gives you extra moves or power up buff for your pokemon err i mean pet .
maybe lets you see thru the eyes of a pet out of radar and you can direct the beast into battle while u hide in the bushes .

What about Natural MF earned abilities (not chips)?

Natural MF Abilities

I like many of your ideas Nighthawk, but would I buy many of these non attack type chips? Quite honestly I don’t think I would charge a chip to run across water.
But I would like to see some of your ideas being natural abilities, that are unlocked with MF Pro professions levels.

Say stuck at the bottom of a large cliff, you could click a button to access the mind that charges a jump, to shoot you 50m into the air (and over the cliff). This would really make MF unique, earning certain natural powers. At Level 10 you can jump 10m, level 20 then 20m, level 30 then 30m jump etc.

Same for a boost of acceleration so you can run across water for x seconds.

This would give something to strive for to boost natural abilities. But these extra powers can’t be instantly accessible as could be use to exploit. So would need to charge the mind for 10 seconds to enable the jump mode etc. This is nothing new is it intuition that unlocks and then enables you to run faster (or another unlock)?

Faster Chips, crafted

I agree with Dan that chips are too slow and in many cases low range for the power of the mind we hafve developed over the years. We need attack chips that are on par with some top end rifles (for speed and range).

A rapid fire of small plasma balls might be easy to develop from a visual point of view (speed v graphic).

I also think we have a serious problem with big chip availability, there are not enough big chips on auction. So if new “big” chips are coming online they need to be craftable.
There was one “IX electric (L)” chip in auction last night, how lame is that for top end MF users.

If MA really wants (L) to work then it needs to think of ways to get these chips to users. Or make some big attack chips (non L)

Armour:

I do think we can have some type of MF armour, protection bubbles...only need one bubble for a visual...but many chips with various levels of protection. Damn that would confuse attackers in PVP lol, wondering what protection you have. Again on this point the MF “mystery” is naturally there with this type of idea.

The armour chip decays from attack, not by charging it, very similar to how armour works already. So this part of the tech (programming) is there already.

Enough already, or post will be too long

Rick.

Ps: thanks for your efforts nighthawk.

Ps: Charlie: VSE MkII that drops when you hit level 30 sweat gatherer. Drop one in my invent please and to all the other +30 sweaters we earned it (seriously) hee,hee.

their specialized damage is the only thing that makes them of any interest whatso ever .(after the pretty effect)

For the attack chips yes, maybe... but MindForce is supposed to be about so much more than that :dunno:

As for the electric attack chips, I still feel it is weird that the higher end unlimited electrochips are barely electrical :laugh:

Natural MF Abilities

I like many of your ideas Nighthawk, but would I buy many of these non attack type chips? Quite honestly I don’t think I would charge a chip to run across water.
But I would like to see some of your ideas being natural abilities, that are unlocked with MF Pro professions levels.

Yes, I very much agree with this. Another example would be the idea I mentioned a bit earlier in the thread, letting Telepath unlock an evade/dodge boosting skill (or adding a profession that is influenced by Telepath and Psyche)... would not only make up for the low health gain, but also be realistic (a telepath should be able to predict where attacks are going to hit).

Of course, I would like those abilities to be restricted by Psyche as well (which I am sure a lot of others would disagree very strongly with), to avoid a load of people just chipping in to get that instead of doing it the hard way like those who use MindForce only.

giving this a bump :)

Cryogenic

• Crowd Control Abilities (Native to Cryogenic Interaction Type)

1. Slow - Low Level Mindforce Class 3 Chip, Causes the target to slow down their walking speed in stages based off the chip power, from 10% to 60%. All slow effects last for 180 seconds. The chip takes 180 seconds to recharge before it or another class 3 chip may be used.
  2. Metabolic Inhibition - Low Level Mindforce Class 4 Chip, Causes the target to slow their rate of attack in stages based off the chip power, from 10% to 60%. This does not impact their walking speed, but can be layered with Slow to produce an enhanced effect. All Metabolic Inhibition effects last for 180 seconds, and the chip takes 180 seconds to recharge before it, or another class 4 chip may be used.
  3. Stop - High Level Mindforce Class 5 Combination Chip, Causes target to stop dead in their tracks, unable to move or attack for a variable amount of time between 10 seconds and 120 seconds, depending on the level of the chip. This chip may not be used with any other class 5 chip, and takes 300 seconds to recharge.
Pyrokinetic
  • Personal Enhancement Abilities (Native to Pyrokinetic Interaction Type)

1. Speed - Low Level Mindforce Class 3 Chip, Causes the target to gain walking and running speed in stages based off the chip power, from 10% to 60%. All speed effects are variable based off the chip strength, lasting between 30 seconds and 300 seconds. The chip takes 30 seconds to recharge before another class 3 chip may be used.
  2. Metabolic Enhancement - (I think this already exists, but havnt tried it because I've been told its not worth it.) Low Level Class 4 Chip, Causes the target to gain attack speed between 10% and 60% increase. The duration of effect lasts between 30 and 300 seconds, depending on the power of the chip.

Will add more later. A guest just arrived....

Anything what cause slow down of gameplay like reload or cooldown piss me ewrytime i try to use.
I used first gen combustive chip a lot before MA nerfed it with cooldown and slower reload.
Today i do not use it at all. Same go with all strike chips - not for me.
Maybe we need 2 types of same chips for ppl who love fast things - so no reload and no cooldown and another type for ppl who enjoy waiting so they can have loong slow reload and a lot longer cooldown.
Not all ppl love being eaten by mob untill they wait on slow reload to grab fap and if still alive then faping untill cooldown is done and weapon is ready again.
Typical expample is ignity chip - you need to wait on reload to grab other weapon or fap and to fight untill cooldown is done. And for me that is big minus, we shud have free hands for guns or faps.

For me - i like fast - so no reload, no cooldown and if possible even faster than that.

A lot of great ideas (and admittedly some less than good ones) here.

Here's also one of the important aspects of MF over all other weapons. The look :yay:

Natural MF Abilities

One more idea related to this... The ability to, when teleporting, automatically get moved aside if teleporting into a cliff, so you avoid falling to your doom :laugh:

Could unlock at level 10 or 20 or something :silly2:

giving this a small bump to see if some more good comments and suggestions can be added to the discussion :)

All great ideas!!!

But one thing does bother me...maybe they can reduce the light flashes a bit on the lacerating chips?

It really hurts my eyes when hunting with that :girl:

I would love a MF decoy ability with a similar function as regular decoys.

I would love a MF decoy ability with a similar function as regular decoys.

Hmm I am not sure how these works, only tried them once or twice but didnt seem to have much effect at all :dunno:

I assume they land somewhere and attract mobs to themselves, so perhaps a MindForce decoy could be some kind of Pyro/Telepath mix where you shoot a sphere of light (pyro) and convince the animals (telepath) that they are really curious about it? :scratch2:

some kind of Pyro/Telepath mix where you shoot a sphere of light (pyro) and convince the animals (telepath) that they are really curious about it? :scratch2:

Yes! Just like that. :)
Ive used decoys to complete some of the exploration missions without having to use armor. Not always successful. I would not mind a less eco MF version if it added MF skills and worked like the tt tool. :yay:

Yes! Just like that. :)
Ive used decoys to complete some of the exploration missions without having to use armor. Not always successful. I would not mind a less eco MF version if it added MF skills and worked like the tt tool. :yay:

That could also be accomplished with a calming chip that lowers aggro... The effect of a chip like that could be determined by targets psyche (Animal Calming Chip I can lower aggro of animals with up to 10 psyche, etc) or compared to user psyche (Animal Calming Chip I can lower aggro of animals with up to 0.5x the user psyche)...

Could also require a higher lvl "unlockable" for a bonus effect of being able to affect mutants as well.

I would personally prefer to see the effect be decided by the target AND user psyche in such a chip as I want attributes and skills to have more use and it would make more sense in this case (stronger mind can easier dominate weaker mind)

I think MA should read an old d&d guide to psionics.

need universal lvl chips where you could heal or teleport from possibly other planets and to ships. Need to get rid of direct line of sight, unless specific attack like Psylocks psionic knife. Need to add chips that can be combined with other avs for bonus, healing with 2+ ppl using chip get some type of relative bonus, better the chips better the bonus; could be used with hunting chips. Maybe chip amps and over charging.

main problem for me about hunting with MF is that there really arent anything near eco about it.
MF has a crappy dmg/pec :mad:

Need to get rid of direct line of sight, unless specific attack like Psylocks psionic knife. Need to add chips that can be combined with other avs for bonus, healing with 2+ ppl using chip get some type of relative bonus, better the chips better the bonus; could be used with hunting chips.

Yeah I agree with many of those things :)

I want more buff, support and team type chips, more non-combat chips.

main problem for me about hunting with MF is that there really arent anything near eco about it.
MF has a crappy dmg/pec :mad:

Agree, there are way too few economical (or even close to) MindForce options.

Bump, gotten many good comments and discussions so far in this thread, but a few more would be nice :)

:revive:

came across a video of some cool stuff that can possibly be implemented to MindForce :yay:, and possibly some cool stuff that can work with very high lvl chips that currently do not exist:

enjoy
[video=youtube_share;gJ8NL3LZkUo]http://youtu.com/gJ8NL3LZkUo[/video]

yeah yeah i know is for another game on another engine but i dont care :p

Electro/Telekinetic, Pyrotechnic, Cryogenic.
Amplify

Add a desired effect to a melee weapon. Example: Pyrotechnic immolates, Corrosive burns, Cryogenic freezes, Telekinetic confuses and interrupts attacks...

The long desired melee amp is here. And each level of chip would add to the damage the same way an amp would add to gun damage. A set % of the damage cannot be exceeded, or the chip becomes inefficient and extra damage is wasted.

This cannot be used on guns because once the item leaves the persons hand the effect instantly fades. Also because guns already have amps.

Use is passive, over time. A significant cost could be incurred by users equipping the chip and using it, and then not de-activating it. Example costs may be 8 synthetic mind essence per second, negligible at first, but adds up quickly. An alternative may be to have an attempt last for x seconds, costing a relatively high amount per attempt. This effect could then be used on other people.

Wow that’s quite some list NH you put together there.

I start to wonder from a hunting prospective how many chips I would be prepared to switch between during a hunt, although I think there’re possibilities of a few more new animations for the higher power chips.

Initially I’d like to see MA focusing their efforts on increasing the power for what we already with higher pro levels for those new chips to make them a true viable option to using guns against bigger prey.

As much as the XI heal is a lovely heal chip, a few rare but powerful bio chips that compete with Mayhem FAPs would be amazing.

Adding event looted chips such as Adjusted, Improved and Modified chips sounds a great idea.

We have had various technologies move over from other weapons, to reduce development time. The very popular ignite chips is a good example that was taken from the flame thrower and rebadged under MF. I see a similar thing could happen with powerful strike chips with possible new animations. Maybe something you hold such as an orb or staff with big animation based on the power output. That would be truly awesome move for strike development.

There could be a possibility of using vehicle technology, to cross this over into MF, to add a flying chip of some sort.

As with any new development MA has to justify the time and money invested against the take up and use of what has been created. Not to mention a ton of test time that it fits in as expected.

All ideas are good to throw on the table NH, as it often triggers other ideas that developers can work on based on the parameters of the average PC.

The development team should be applauded for the progress they have made already in recent years. The XI heal make me really happy, along with a many of the higher end attack chips. Now more power please.

Rick

Back